The Softest Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know why I can't, Dom."

"You could go live with mom." His voice had an edge of a plea in it, a little sadness. "Juliet—I worry about you."

I took a step toward him and reached up to touch his face.

"You'd worry about me even if there was no reason. It's my problem to sort out, Dom." I dragged my fingers down his cheek. "You need to worry about finding yourself a nice soldier girl."

"Ju..." He caught my hand and pressed it against his cheek.

"Big, handsome Army man like you should have no trouble at all." I smiled, but it was a forced smile. I felt as sad as he did. "Not with this heart of yours."

"Juliet..."

"Don't, Dom." It came out sharper than I intended. "Please, just...let me figure it out myself. Right now, this is where I am."

There was an indistinct mumbling from the living room.

"You should go," I whispered, pushing him toward the door.

"Juliet—"

"Shh. Go."

I opened the door as quietly as I could, my heart beating fast. He stepped through and I nearly shut the door on him. He put a hand on the other side, pushing against it.

"Ju—when can I come back? When will he be away?"

I looked at him for a few seconds, knowing the right thing to do was to stop this, to refuse him, to grow up and admit it wasn't right, what we did, that it never had been right and shouldn't continue.

"Call me tomorrow," I said. "After five. He's on second shift..."

I pushed against the door but my brother pushed harder, leaned toward me and kissed my cheek.

"I love you, sis," he said before I finally closed the door on him, turning the handle as I did to make the least possible noise.

I heard my husband cough from the living room and then the sound of the TV channels being changed. I leaned against the door, relief giving way to a sadness I always felt when Dom and I parted.

I was in an incestuous relationship and cheating on my husband, but the sense of emptiness I felt when my brother left bothered me more than those two things combined.

I sighed, and wondered for the hundredth time what I was doing, what I wanted, and where to go from here.

12