Gina's Life Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Christ, I can't go out like this. I look like a right bloody slut," I mumbled, as Lucy pressed a glass of vodka in my hand.

"Yeah, well slut always suited you," Jackie said with a giggle.

"Right, we are off to get your present, and then we hit the town and make as many girlfriends as jealous as we can," Lucy announced with a laugh.

I grinned, but it suddenly felt so stupid. We used to go out and grin and boys, and then watch their girlfriends reel them in. I've lost count of the slaps that some of the poor guys got, from infuriated girls.

I sat in the silence as they went out giggling to each other. Just being in the flat for the last time brought back memories, Martin and me with baby Kelly, and when that asshole tried to set me up with his mates, and then my time visiting my friends. I thought of Maria and the life we planned out for each other, she was going to marry a rock star, and I was going to marry a footballer. I picked up her photo from the windowsill. I would still do anything to bring her back, my best friend.

"You stupid cow," I mumbled at myself, and wiped a tear away.

"I don't think you are. She was your best friend."

I spun round on my heels, and there stood Andrew. The tears rolled down my cheeks even more now. He stood there with a bunch of flowers like in those stupid films. I sort of crushed them a bit, as I gave him one big hug.

"So you weren't even going to look me up to say goodbye? After all the shit you caused me in the past, didn't I deserve half an hour?"

He had to pull my arms from around his neck. I was sobbing now like a stupid bloody schoolgirl.

"You had better sort your face out if you are having dinner with me?"

I looked over his shoulder and there stood Jackie and Lucy, with big grins on there faces. They both gave me little waves.

I nodded at Andrew, still trying to stop the tears.

"Come on we'll sort you out," Lucy said.

I got pulled into the bedroom and I sat at the dressing table.

"I ought to get changed if I'm going to dinner with Andrew."

"No fucking way, you are wearing that. Anyway, dinner is coming to you," Jackie said.

"But, what about you two, I thought we were going out?" I whimpered.

"Gina, this is your going away present, dinner with Andrew," Jackie announced.

"And anything else that happens. Now we'll be back in the morning, and we want details," Lucy whispered, as she pulled Jackie out of the bedroom.

When I went back to the lounge the table was set, and Andrew pulled the chair out for me.

"So who did this?" I asked.

"The Chinese around the corner," Andrew replied with a grin.

We ate and talked about old times, mainly about the pain in the ass Andrew had to look after, when mum was working. We laughed and joked about all the silly things I did to wind him up. I sat there realising just how much I had tormented him in the past. He never complained he just took it all. He was always there for me too, when I needed a shoulder, or to get me out of trouble. I knew it, but somehow a thank you never came from my lips. I got up to get rid of the plates and he took my hand. He just looked in my eyes and I felt my heart thumping, and knees go weak.

"So, do we go out and meet up with the others?"

I just stared into his eyes. I knew what he wanted, and I wanted it too.

"Andrew, it'll just complicate things. I'm going to live in America. I've made up my mind. Now, I'm going to get changed and we can go for a drink with the girls."

He nodded as his hand slipped from mine.

12