Her Love Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Neither was sure how long they stayed like that, but for Terry it didn't matter. Finally he was safe. Finally the tormentors in his life would be held at bay. He was so overwhelmed by it all he was shaking as he fought to not cry in relief. The way his body shook was all that needed to be said to the woman that held him.

As Char held him close she knew he was likely to let out his pain and she hoped he would. The more he got out now the more he would not hold in later. Her hands slowly stroked his back soothingly and his tender mind reacted to the simple gesture as she hoped. The tears that came from his eyes were not of sadness and she was grateful for that. Char held him as long as she felt was necessary to make the tears go away. When they did she realized that she needed to make the final arrangements to get him out of there. Once he was not moving anymore Char slowly pulled him away from her.

"Feel better?" she asked.

Terry nodded his head and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. Char felt the spot on her shirt that was wet and slowly chuckled. As he wiped his tears she decided to make the final push.

"Now we have to do something you may not want to do Terry,' she said and Terry looked up.

Char took his face in her hand and made him look at her.

"Is there anything at your old home you want or need?" she asked and as she guessed he would do Terry flinched at the thought.

Char held his face and made sure he looked at her and the presence of a woman that cared in his life helped Terry keep calm.

"I have clothes and some small things my dad gave me,' he whispered without stammering.

Char was amazed at how he said it all without stammering. To her that was progress and she smiled at that.

"Then we are going there and getting it back,' she said firmly.

"No! Vonte's there and he'll...." Terry exclaimed in shock.

Char silenced him with a finger to his lips and she had a very dark smile on her face. The sheer eagerness in her eyes actually made Terry shake a bit as he saw something in her eyes he never would have seen before.

"I'm hoping he's there,' she purred.

"But..." he tried to say.

"Have faith sweetie. He's not going to do a goddamn thing to me," Char said and the way she said it made Terry believe every word.

"Go change and get ready. I have a phone call to make, then we're going,' Char said and patted his cheek softly.

Terry nodded his head and left. Char watched him go and looked at her clothes. Her boots were flat and her jeans actually were loose. The shirt she wore needed to be changed, but above all that she was ready to go. She walked to her closet and selected a simple shirt that was loose. Once she changed she picked up her cell and found the number Nathan gave her. She dialed the number and after two rings the phone was answered by a very hard voice.

"Meyerson," the voice said.

"I was referred to you by my associate Nathan Blake?" she asked into the phone.

"Of course. I'd prefer to meet face to face. Be at Katz' Deli in an hour," the voice said simply.

With that the phone hung up and Char was suddenly worried by it. She hoped that Nathan hadn't gone somewhere he shouldn't have. Worried she called him and when he answered she was more than ready.

"Who the fuck did you refer me to?" she asked with more than a hint of anger in her voice.

Nathan chuckled as he was sure his old friend had done something to upset to her like he had. Nathan decided to give her a bit of peace of mind.

"Randy Meyerson is one of my old squad mates from my long time spent in the joyous hellhole called Iraq. He's doing the favor to you as a favor for me. So relax, it's nothing illegal,' Nathan said chuckling on the other end.

"Who the fuck is he Nathan?" she asked and was still edgy.

"He is the one I told you about at dinner that works for a PMC here in town. Now relax and just go meet him,' Nathan said laughing and Char grumbled on the other end.

"I heard that,' Nathan teased and heard Char let out a defeated sigh.

"This better be worth it, Nathan" she said firmly.

"It will be,' Nathan promised and hung up.

Char wasn't so sure of the cloak and dagger crap, but she had no choice. Good help was good help she rationalized. Gathering her purse she went to the living room and saw Terry sitting on the sofa. When he saw her he stood up and they left the room. They walked to the elevator and down to the garage. In the car Char turned on the radio and the sounds of jazz brought them to the deli they needed to get to.

Parking nearby they filled the meter and walked the block and a half to the deli. The line that was out the door and down the block was a testament to the quality of food in the deli. Char was about to get in line when two men saw her and started walking towards her. The first man was a stocky white man that was about six foot tall with a short military style buzz cut. He wore a simple gray windbreaker and jeans with black combat boots. The other man was a shorter Hispanic man with a similar haircut and boots. His cut body was dressed in a red and blue flannel and black cargo pants.

The men approached with no caution and the taller man looked Char up and down then extended his hand to her. Char shook it and felt the same strength of his hand as was in Nathan's grip. When it was done he motioned them to the side and once they were away from the line he turned to face her.

"So what's the problem?' he asked plainly.

"I need to go to his old home and get his personal effects. He has a stepfather that could start a problem and I would prefer there to not be one if I can help it,' she replied.

The men looked to each other and without a word they nodded and looked back.

"OK, when we get to the house you knock and introduce yourself. Emil here will go with him to get his clothes and personal items. I will stay with you to deter any stupid ideas he may have. The biggest thing is please, don't start anything with him. As much as you want to kick his ass keep it inside. No need for the cops to become involved," he explained.

Terry looked to the men and wasn't so sure they could handle Vonte. He knew the man was a vicious one, they looked like they couldn't stop him. He was shaking and when he did they both saw it and Emil put his hand on his shoulder.

"Just stick with me and you'll be fine,' Emil assured terry.

Char sighed and nodded her head. Together they walked back to her SUV and all got in it. As she started the engine she looked to the leader and had to ask.

"And what am I supposed to tell them about you?' she asked.

"Tell them we are helping him move out,' Meyerson said chuckling darkly.

Char shook her head and saw Emil had a similar grin on his face. The sheer confidence the men had made her feel better about this whole idea. Together the party went to the car and got in. She put the car in drive and they began the trek to the hell house. Terry was quiet as he sat in the back with Emil. Meyerson sat u front and his eyes were closed as he looked to be asleep or focusing deeply. In the back terry could barely relax. His fears of Vonte and his mother made the drive agonizingly long. Deep down he was terrified of seeing Vonte again and being gone for as long as he was likely was going to put Vonte in a foul mood. When the car came to a stop he looked up and saw the house and he began to breathe heavily. Emil put his hand on his shoulder and made him look at him.

"You're gonna be fine, buddy. Just breathe and stay with me,' he said and got out of the back.

The party emerged from the SUV and the two men took the sides of them and they began to walk up the steps. The ten steps were short, but for Terry it was sheer hell. His final step brought him to the door and he was visibly scared. Char saw it and turned to face him. She made him look at her and decided to help him cool off. She leaned forward and her lips touched his.

Terry forgot all his fear as her full lips pressed into his. He shook into the soft kiss and though it was brief, it lingered in his mind. He stopped shaking and when she was back from him she turned to the door and rang the doorbell. Her fear was nonexistent, but her rage was about to boil over. Char held it in check as she heard footsteps on the other side.