Highway Song - Coming Soon

Story Info
On March 17th: an event celebrating the mysteries of the open roads.
408 words
23.8k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,168 Followers

Coming Tuesday, March 17th from the minds of Burning Down The House, Beyond the Wall of Sleep, and Welcome to the New World: an exciting new story event:

Highway Song



Here's more from organizer blackrandl1958:

* * * *

Action, adventure, romance, all improved by sexy interludes, and even more exciting, road trips! Maybe trains, ships, or flying the very friendly skies. Automobiles with the mysteries of the back seat explored, or stopping for the night at a romantic location. It's all there in our annual St. Patrick's Day event. This one is called "Highway Song," named in honor of the song by Blackfoot.

If you like a sexy road trip, with danger, romance and adventure along the way, we offer you these stories.

Thank you to the wonderful readers, without whom we would be writing for the audience of ourselves. We also thank Literotica for hosting our stories, and Laurel, who is always so helpful and kind as we put these events together. We hope you enjoy our stories.

* * * *

Participating authors include:

1. Ahazura

2. Amyyum

3. Androgynousother

4. Andyhm

5. Angiquesophie

6. BarryJames1952

7. BurntRedstone

8. MsCherylTerra

9. DeYaKen

10. DTIverson

11. Eclare

12. Flavian

13. Girlinthemoon

14. Harddaysknight

15. Hooked1957

16. JoeDreamer

17. Just Plain Bob

18. K.K.

19. Laptopwriter

20. Lost Boy

21. Mainefiddleheads

22. Markelly

23. MattBlackUK

24. NoraFares

25. Patricia51

26. PostScriptor

27. Qhml1

28. SBrooks103x

29. SleeperyJim

30. Stev2244

31. SW_MO_Hermit

32. Todd172

33. Whatdreamsmaycome

34. Woodmanone

This event is an Invitational, which means it is not open to submissions. If you're interested in participating in an open author challenge - or want to find out more about them - please see this thread.

And a special thank-you to blackrandl1958 for the above text - for arranging this very special day and a HUGE thank-you to all participating authors!

So mark Tuesday, March 17th on your calendar for Highway Song!

Literotica
Literotica
2,168 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I was sad...

to see that some of the very fine authors, who are amongst my favorites, were unable to participate. Hopefully, next time. Thanks Randi for all the great work you do on this site.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
I fear this promo has become

buried in the depths of LW. Perhaps it could be moved to romance or even anal, in honor of the commenters who dislike the concept of an invitation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I’m the guy that NEVER gets invited to one of these events...

....because I meet none of blackrandi1958’s criteria. And I fully support her stand and her standards. Y’all whiners need to grow up.

But under any circumstances, I should not be invited for a lot of other reasons. The biggest, is that I am not a contributor. And even if I were, I would not expect to be included because I had contributed a story or two, or even 50. They need to rank well and draw a considerable following.

Besides, if it were my party, I’d be somewhat discriminating about who I’d invite...wouldn’t you?

And further, I’d not likely invite all the same folks every time. Variety makes for better social interaction.

That all said, if your feelings are hurt because you aren’t one of the cool people or whatever your perception of the slight may be....don’t whine.....DO something positive about it! Find out what the audience likes and write stories like that.

Too many contributors want to take ownership of the audience mindshare. Sorry, won’t ever happen. This is one of the most democratic places on earth.

If you write what you like and don’t find a strongly positive response, oh well. You can’t hold others hostage to your preferences. And you might think you’ve written the Next Great Story, but if it rates below a 4, the audience clearly does not agree. And since audience acceptance IS EVERYTHING in the literary world, you need to suck it up and do it better and different until you understand and produce what others like.

One well known contributor here (whom I particularly appreciate) states categorically that his writing is more for his own healing and catharsis than for any audience appreciation. In short, he doesn’t give a flying turd about public opinion. That’s his right. It happens that his stories and style appeal to a modest portion of the audience and so he has a following. He hasn’t contributed in some time, and I for one wish he would, but he will or won’t as his needs dictate.

I hope to become a contributor in the not too distant future, but I doubt that I will ever get an invitation to one of these. For the next while I work under a set strict security restrictions, so cannot register as an identifiable member.

So, until I hang up my clearance, die or retire, I remain part of the great (as in large), hated juggernaut audience block known as Anonymous.

But I still LOVE blackrandi1958’s invitationals!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Good one stev2244! For that matter, there's nothing to stop a writer from writing a story on the event theme, and submitting it around the time of the event.

On HDK's party analogy, when people have friends over for a party, do they leave the door open for anyone passing to join?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
Right off the top, I have to admit

that I love these invitationals, those who participate, those who read and comment and especially those who bitch and moan. I addressed this obvious lack or social comprehension in a brilliant short story titled "It's My Party" ( https://www.literotica.com/beta/s/its-my-party-4 )

By definition, an invitation is "a written or verbal request inviting someone to go somewhere or to do something". Randi is having a literary party and invited people she wished to have attend. When anonymous has a party, he can invite whomever he wants. The obvious difference is people clamor to wrangle an invitation to Randi's hoedown. Anonymous would have difficulty getting quality writers to attend his fandango.

The mystery is not why Randi invited people she wanted to participate. The mystery is why so many anonymous readers cannot understand the meaning of the word invitation. If someone was forced to admit a person to an event, it would not be an invitation. Surely you can see that, but apparently not.

I do look forward to these events and the discussion leading up to them. The solution to not receiving an invite is to start writing quality stories and become known as a skilled writer and/or story teller. If you really had any passion on this subject, you would go through all of the hard work and spend all the time Randi does to make it work. No one else on Literotica has, or will, devote the time, talent and energy to do what Randi does. It's much easier to stand on the sidelines and complain. How's that working out for you so far? Thanks so much, Randi!

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover - Coming Soon A new invitational event is on the way!in Loving Wives
When One Door Closes... Doing the right thing isn't always the easy way to go.in Loving Wives
Preemptive Strike What he overhears leads him to act quickly.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Conversations 01 A stand-alone conversation with a cheating wife.in Loving Wives
More Stories