Memories of Linda

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I began to shrink and slipped out from Linda and she climbed off me, collapsing beside me. We both lay there for a few minutes, relaxing after our exertions.

Turning on my side to look at Linda, I realised that she was already looking at me. She had a really contented look on her face. I must have looked really happy too as she said "You look really pleased with yourself Dan."

"I'm so amazed that this happened. You are so amazing Linda."

Linda just smiled, looking deep in thought. She was like that for a few second before she spoke.

Turning her head she looked across at the clock and said "Dan, it half past one. You should go and have a shower. I need to get this place tidied up. School finishes shortly."

I hopped out of the bed. Looking back, I could see Linda laying there, with the sheet lying over her stomach, her beautiful breasts splayed slightly sideways, nipples almost back to their normal size. Her short blonde hair was all messed up, and her face was still flushed from our fun together.

She smiled warmly at me as I was looking at her. I walked across to her side of the bed and gave her another kiss.

"You look so beautiful." I said as I broke off the kiss. Linda smiled broadly and I kissed her again, before heading to the shower.

Linda came into the bathroom and left a towel for me. After drying myself off I headed back towards the bedroom.

Linda passed me going to the bathroom. "Dan, I'm just having a quick shower too. Please wait for me to come out."

"I will."

In her bedroom, the bed was all neatly made, and my clothes were all folded up waiting for me. This made me smile. I dressed and went out to the living room to wait for Linda finish her shower.

She came out of the bathroom, dressed in the same clothes as when I arrived earlier. Walking over to me, she took my hand and I stood up from the lounge in front of her. She had a more serious look on her face.

"Dan you are amazing. You have made me feel so wanted, so alive again." She paused for a few seconds, looking deep in thought.

"You are going to make some lucky girl very happy." She said as she reached out and placed her hand on the side of my face.

As she said this my heart dropped, as my smile faded away. Linda stepped closer and kissed me again, just gently.

"Dan, you and I both know that we could not keep seeing each other like this. It would be basically impossible for us to have a relationship."

My mind raced as she said this. I had fantasised about Linda constantly, but never envisaged a future for us together. All my fantasies ended straight after we had sex. She was right, and I knew it. Just then I felt such a mix of emotions, sadness, but also great joy and happiness.

Eventually my thoughts came together.

"Linda, you're right.......... But I'm so unbelievably happy at being able to share this day with you."

"Me too."

With that we kissed again, gently and cuddled up once more.

"I just wanted to thank you again Dan. You have made me feel ....... Like a woman again."

"Thank you Linda. Not only for bringing all my fantasies to life, but for being so wondeful and accepting my 'infatuation' for you."

"It felt so good to be desired again Dan."

We kissed just once more, and Linda squeezed my hand.

"I think it's time you should go." She said

"See you later." I replied just as I would any other time I said goodbye.

I walked towards the back door, before quickly ducking into Pete's room. I grabbed a movie and when I came out I saw Linda looking strangely at me.

"I nearly forgot what I came over for." I said with a laugh. Linda laughed too.

I stepped out of the back door and turned to see Linda standing nearby.

"Bye Linda."

"Bye Dan."

************** I awoke the next day feeling amazing. I was so alive after my adventures with Linda the previous day. But I felt like I hadn't thanked her enough for being so amazing.

I had to work later in the day, so I quickly rushed out to the shops and bought a card for Linda, and wanted to get her some flowers. All the flowers in the shops were too big and too flashy, as I know Linda didn't want to 'show off' what we did.

I came home and saw some daisies in my mother's garden. I picked a few of these and went inside to write in the card. It took me a little time, but I felt it said what I couldn't say yesterday.

'My dearest Linda,

I cannot thank you enough for everything. Not just yesterday, but for everything you have done for me.

By being 'the object of my infatuation' I can now see how I want a woman to make me feel and how I want to feel for woman.

Yesterday was so great, not only because it brought my fantasies to life, but it was so much better than I had imagined.

It was so much better than my first time because it was with you, someone I not only desired but was emotionally attracted to.

I will never forget yesterday.

Love always,

Dan xxx'

On my way to work I called around to Linda's house. Ostensibly to return the video I had borrowed. I put the video back and then went into Linda's room and placed the card and the flowers under her pillow.

I then headed to the bank where Linda worked. I wanted to get some money out, but to also let her know what I had done.

It was quiet in the bank when I got there, only a couple of customers. Looking across I could see Linda at the counter serving her customer. She saw me and smiled, but looked a little confused as well. I filled in my withdrawal slip and I went over and saw her when she had finished.

"Hi Dan, how are you today?"

"I'm great Linda. How are you?"

"Very good. How can I help you today?"

"I just want to withdraw some money thanks." I said with a smile, as I slip the withdrawal slip across the counter to her.

Linda picked the slip up and there was a second slip underneath. On this I had written 'Check under your pillow when you get home.'

She looked up at me with a confused look, but not wanting to ask any questions out loud at her work. I looked into her eyes and just nodded my head slowly and smiled as reassuring a smile as I could manage. Linda smiled and mouthed to me "OK" before continuing on with my transaction. She handed me my money and the message slip back, squeezing my hand a little as she did.

"Thanks Dan. See you later."

"Bye Linda."

I didn't get to see her again for a few weeks, not because we avoided each other, but circumstances just didn't match. I did see Linda again a couple of weeks before I headed back to college. I went over to her house to pick up Pete for a night out with our friends.

Her younger son Adam answered the door and let me in. We were talking about his school work when Linda came out and said hello. She came over and gave me a hug, something she didn't normally do, but it was not an unusual gesture.

"Dan, would you mind if I borrowed you for a minute?"

"No problems." I replied and I excused myself from talking with Adam.

I followed Linda into her room, and she turned and wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big cuddle. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight.

Releasing her grip on me she stood back and quietly said "I haven't had the chance to thank you for the lovely card and flowers you left for me. They were so beautiful."

"It was my pleasure. I couldn't express everything I wanted to say when I was here, so I did that."

"It was so thoughtful." Linda said moving around the bed to her bedside table.

She picked up a photo frame and brought it around to show me. "It meant so much to me that I have pressed the flowers and kept them in this frame."

She showed me the frame and the pressed daisies were inside.

"I wanted to keep this as a beautiful reminder of you and our wonderful time together. Thank you Dan."

"Thank you Linda." I replied and I hugged her again.

Just then we heard Pete's car arriving home and we broke apart from our hug and went out to see him.

**************

Life went on after that. A month or so later Linda started going out with a great guy Garry, who owned the local car repair shop. They dated for a year or so before getting engaged. They married a year later, and moved into their new house, living happily together.

I continued at college, having a couple of girlfriends along the way. During my third year I met Tessa, who was also in her third year. We dated and fell head over heels in love. We had been going out for 18 months when I proposed to her in Paris on our big end of college overseas trip. She accepted and we married just under a year later. We moved interstate for work and lived a wonderful life together with our 3 children.

Tessa and I visited my old home town as often as we could as my parents loved having us and the grandkids there. We often caught up with Linda and Garry as they were still friends with my parents. Linda and I shared an occasional knowing smile, but that was it. Our day together was never mentioned again.

*********

I was overseas for work, not long after my 45th birthday when I received a phone call from Pete. He called to say that Linda had passed away after a short battle with cancer. She hadn't been feeling well for a quite while, and when they investigated they found a large, very advanced tumour. It had been found only two months before Linda died.

I was devastated. Pete was in tears and I was crying over the phone too. It was such a shock as I didn't even know she was sick. I spoke to Tessa and my parents and they were all deeply saddened at the news too. The worst part for me was that I hadn't seen her for 6 months, and that I hadn't got to say good bye.

I returned home and my family all travelled back to my old home town to attend the funeral.

I managed before the ceremony started to have a brief moment alone with Linda's coffin. I placed some flowers on her coffin. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to say what I was feeling.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye in person Linda. I can't thank you enough for being in my life. I still can't believe what we shared on that day together. Thank you for being the wonderful person you were. I've always loved you."

I blew a small kiss and went back out to my family.

It was a moving ceremony and many a tear was shed. We all headed back to Garry's house for the wake. Thankfully this was a little more joyous as we all shared happier memories of better times.

We were there for a good while and people started to leave. My family all headed back to my parent's house, while I stayed with Garry, Pete and Adam to help clean up.

Garry took me aside a short while later. He thanked me for helping out and for coming back for the funeral.

"It was the least I could do."

"Linda was very fond of you." Garry said "She often talked about you and Pete growing up together, and how nice you were to her."

I just smiled as he said this.

"She wanted me to give you something." He said, heading into their bedroom.

Garry came out of the bedroom, holding a picture frame.

"Linda said she wanted you to have this. She said you gave her some flowers, not long after her divorce. It pleased her so much and she thought so fondly of you for it."

Recognising the frame, tears started to flow from my eyes. It was the frame with the pressed daisies in it from our day together.

"I can't believe she kept these." I said.

"Yes. They meant a lot to Linda, and she wanted me to give them to you."

"Thank you Garry." Was all I could manage to say. I was overcome with emotion.

*********

So there I was in my office at work. I finished the email I was sending and I looked across my desk. There next to the pictures of my beautiful wife and our wonderful kids was the old frame with the faded daisies.

The rain was falling down outside was reminding me of that wonderful day all those years ago. I went to reach for the frame and I bumped it. It fell off the desk and down onto the floor. I jumped up off my chair and went to get it. It landed with the daisies facing up at me. Thankfully it had not broken.

I picked it up and sat back down in my chair. I noticed that the back of the frame was loose, so I placed it on my desk face down to tighten it all up. I picked the back up and it came out easily out of the frame.

Underneath I couldn't believe my eyes. There tucked in the back was the card I gave to Linda with the flowers. I smiled widely seeing it there.

I picked the card up and opened it, reading those heartfelt words I had written to Linda all those years ago. On the other side however, I noticed new writing that wasn't there when I gave it to her.

'Dearest Daniel,

I hope you find this card one day.

Thank you for these beautiful words you wrote to me all those years ago and that wonderful day we spent together.

Your love for me reawakened my soul and made me capable of loving again and wanting to be loved again.

I wouldn't have been able to have the wonderful life I have had since then if it had not been for you.

Thank you Dan.

I will take the beautiful memories of our time together with me forever.

I know I will never see you again, but do know that I have always loved you.

All my love forever,

Linda xxx.'

The date under the message was 3 weeks before she died.

Tears streamed down my face. I couldn't believe what I had found. It was so emotional to know Linda was still thinking about me, even as she was dying.

I then felt a great weight lift off my shoulders as I realised something.

We did get to say our goodbyes after all.