Mom Named Barbie Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jay, believe it or not I used to be a girl once, I still am, a woman just an older version. Just like men our attitude toward sex doesn't change much as we get older, at least not before menopause."

They both laughed at Barbara's comment, it was the first time Jay had seen or heard his mom laugh since his dad's death; he actually liked seeing her smile again.

"Mom, you're not old; and sorry, I guess I never thought of you as a 'girl'."

Jay did not intend for his comment to be funny but when she snickered he laughed along with her. The thought of Barbara being a 'girl', even though it was true, was something neither of them had given a second thought until now.

...

Jay was just getting into the core classes for his engineering major, this combined with the responsibilities of having his own home to take care of left him with little time for a social life; even though the offers from girls continued. Not only were the girls persistent, their propositions were becoming much more sexually explicit, his mom was right, the girls would whisper things in his ear he thought only happened in porn movies, not in real life. Did 'normal' girls actually do those sorts of things?

It was rival week as well as homecoming for the college football team and the game was on the same day as Jay's twenty-first birthday, it seemed half the girls at college had asked him to the parties after the game; but for Jay they all seemed to be just silly little girls, still out for what they could get not actually interested in him personally. He could not relate to the college party scene, the other kids did not have the responsibilities he did; Jay had little in common with his fellow students.

When Barbara asked Jay what he wanted for his birthday she felt sorry for her son when he answered.

"Mom, there is nothing I really need and I can afford to buy whatever I want; much better than you can buy me something. What I would really like is to go on a date; mom, it's lonely being an adult in an environment full of kids, and I don't have time for a girlfriend even if I found one that is interested in me and not Dad's house or dad's money. I haven't been on a date in over a year; I guess what I am asking is, if you're willing, would you go on a date with me? That's weird isn't it, asking my mom out on a date."

"Yes, a little; but I understand. Like I said before, I know how girls are better than you ever will. But why me, surely there is at least one girl that you feel comfortable going out with, one that you can trust to be interested in you and not what you have?"

"Well, if there is I haven't met her yet. Mom, you're the only girl, I mean woman, I mean girl that I know I can trust. You won't just tell me what I want to hear. Even though I am living in what by all rights is your house too, you have respected my wishes and not pushed me to let you move back in. Yes, I think that's what I want, a real date with good conversation and good company, with a woman who respects my boundaries."

"I can do that Jay, especially since no one knows you as well as I do; I would be honored to be your date. So, with the two of us trying to renew our relationship, how about I go as an actual date instead of your mom; it's obvious you no longer need a mom hovering over you?"

"Thank you mom that would be nice, I don't mean having you as a date rather than my mom would be nice; wait, that's not what I meant either."

"Don't worry Jay, I know what you meant. I will make sure you have fun, ok; you're a man now, you have proven that this past year. I want you to feel free to talk with me about anything just like you would with a real date, not your mom."

"Thank you mom, I miss having someone to talk to; there is no one I can confide in; I always have to watch what I am saying."

So, it was a date, Jay thought rather than go to the homecoming game and the party afterwards he was finally going on a date again for his birthday; a date with a girl he is comfortable with, a girl who is a mature woman, a girl who just happens to be his mom. Jay was speechless when his mom asked him if there was anything in particular he would like her to wear on their date.

"I don't know mom, whatever you want. It's just me, no big deal."

"No, tell me Jay, it's a big deal to me. I don't want to embarrass you but I also want to make this night special for you; the twenty-first birthday is a significant occasion. It's seen as the last birthday separating childhood from being an adult. This is for you, it's not you going out to dinner with your mom, I want to make this a real date for you and I want to dress appropriately?"

"Ok, wear something nice mom. You haven't dressed up in a long time. I want you to pick something that shows off how beautiful you are."

"I can do that, I want to look nice for you; I want to look nice as your date."

Jay did not realize what a twenty-first birthday actually meant; but Barbara knew and she wanted to make it memorable for him. She was encouraged Jay had noticed she had not been dressing the way she used to; she felt it showed he still cared about her. What's the worst that could happen; Jay would get to go on a date with a sexy mature woman and his mom would get to dress attractive again.

Her wonderful son had asked her out so she wanted to wear something suitable for a date with a twenty-one year old man; Barbara decided to push Jay a little more on what look he would like her to portray on their date.

"Jay, what do college girls wear on a dates?"

"I don't know mom, you've seen them; they would be dressed in something tight and revealing I guess. I want you to wear something you're comfortable with, something that makes you feel good, ok."

This gave Barbara an idea, in theory she would be his date and not his mom; what would make her feel good is to look like the proper 'date' for Jay rather than his mom.

When Jay told Barbra Saturday was also the big game he was surprised when she insisted he go to the game, as much as she regretted saying it they could go on a date some other time. Even though he objected saying he had little in common with his fellow students, she argued a homecoming game is an infrequent event and Jay needed to experience college life while he was there, it would be over all too soon.

She would have much rather be with her son on his birthday but she also recognized the importance of him attending social events with people his own age; she would not take no for an answer. He reluctantly agreed to go but he demanded she not try to talk him into going to the post-game party; he was looking forward to the first real date since his dad passed away. He would call her after the game picking her up at her apartment as soon as it was over.

Barbara kept track of the game's progress on TV; it was a nail biter, this year the opposing team was a bitter rival who had beaten Jay's school the past ten years. But this year would be different, the home team won the game pulling out a victory in the final seconds; spirits were high on campus and the after-parties should be of historical proportions.

Having watched the game Barbara knew the significance of the victory as well as the epic parties that occurred afterward. When she talked with Jay after the game, Barbara demanded he go to the celebrations. Jay objected but when his mom threatened to call off their date he begrudgingly gave in agreeing to go to only one party. The agreement required Jay to stay at least an hour, and if he was not having a good time he could call and she would drive to the college and pick him up, the date taking place as promised.

Even though Barbara felt it was important for Jay to spend time with kids his own age, she also knew he was no longer a kid like the others; age was all he had in common with the other students. She was very proud of her son and a twenty-first birthday only happens once in a lifetime. Barbara was not only proud of Jay because he was her son, she was proud of Jay for how well he had handled the tremendous responsibilities thrust upon him over the past year; she wanted what was best for her son.

12