New Stories Page Now Mobile-Friendly

Story Info
We've released an update to the Literotica New Stories Page.
176 words
16.2k
6

Part 12 of the 13 part series

Updated 12/29/2023
Created 11/14/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,161 Followers

We're very happy to announce that the Literotica New Stories Page is now mobile-friendly! In addition, the updated design supports Dark Mode, has helpful header menus, and features a language switcher in the footer.

The updated New Stories Page shares the same design as the Tags Portal, Story Page, Story Index (also recently updated), Favorites Hub, Comments Hub, etc.

Please take a look at the redesigned New Stories Page and let us know if you find any issues or if you have any suggestions to improve the page.

It's easy to go back to the Classic Literotica design by clicking the "Opt Out of BETA" link directly on the New Stories Page, but we recommend that you stick with the new design since the exciting new features we have planned for 2024 and beyond will be available in the new design.

Thank you to everyone who helped test the New Stories Page and please leave a comment if you have suggestions or bug reports.

Literotica
Literotica
2,161 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I’m the 12” iPad user …

When I’m scrolling through new stories, I just go page-by-page. I’m not filtering by genre, so the Hot tag is probably the first and biggest attention-getter for me. But there are genres I don’t read so that’s probably the 2nd hurdle a story has to clear to get a click from me. I’ll also read the title and short description. If there are grammatical issues that’s another reason to skip. The new design separates all the key info I need, especially as I typically hold the iPad in landscape mode and drag the story list to make the text larger. Rotating to portrait orientation helps, but there’s still a lot of useless white space to traverse.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I am on a tablet. Hate it!

Too spread out.

Ratings not near the title for faster scanning.

Opting out...

sferguson53sferguson534 months ago

Unusable on an iPad. Can’t find how to make text large enough to read. I love Literotica and will be so disappointed once the change is permanent.

Steve

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It might be good for mobile, but not on a browser. The biggest problem is having the categories on the right and the rest of the information on the left. To get a readable line length would require narrowing the window too much for the rest of the information.

.

Your comments are still messed. Before the "upgrades", the comments accepted basic HTML codes, such as <P> for paragraphs. Now, the require something along the lines of .

,

in a blank line.

ManuManu4 months ago

@psycoxz Thank you for the comment on the Category placement on the new Story Cards. One of the major features of the new Story Cards over the Lit Classic Story Cards (which never really had a standard design as we rolled out different pages over the first couple decades of Lit's existence) is the bookmark icon. The bookmark icon needs to be in a standard place so that readers will always know where to click it.

Earlier today, when I tried a few mockups with the Category and Date on the left side (on the same line as the Author, as that's the only place it fits without adding extra vertical space), the bookmark icon looked lonely on the right side of the screen. In addition, it creates a sort of messy text line that looks like this:

by LiteroticaAuthor in LiteroticaCategory 12/14/2023

Mobile readers told us that scanning Categories was easier on the right side of the Story Card since it's always in the same place (because the date is the only item on this line with a predictable length). When we were initially working on the mobile Story Cards, phone readers told us they needed something easy to scan quickly, and the right side fixed-location placement was something that testers at that time wanted. Is your experience that it would be easier to scan the Category in that line of text with an unpredictable placement, rather than in a predictable location on every Story Card?

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Happy Little Family A blended family go to family therapy.in Loving Wives
Double Switch Couples Switched Not Only Partners, But Places.in Loving Wives
Funeral Harem Should you forgive after 20 years.in Loving Wives
He Loved Lucy He loved Lucy, but who did she love?in Loving Wives
Wrong Text Recipient Mom gets a dick pick from her son that leads to...in Illustrated
More Stories