Nursing The Enemy Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God don't look so worried Karen, we all drift off to sleep sometimes," she looked past me at Paul, "look at him the shit, sound asleep without a care in the world. Come on lets go for a fag."

I grabbed my bag as Millie walked out the room.

"Karen, I wasn't asleep," was whispered from the bed.

I gasped and turned round. He was smiling at my shocked red face.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone," he said with a grin.

I stood in the smoking shelter watching the rain fall. My fingers trembled every time I took a puff on my fag. I was just sat there reading my book. OK my feet were up, and now and then I pressed my legs together. I flicked, no I rubbed my breast a little, I could have had an itch for all he knew, if he saw me doing that. But how could I explain my hand pressing into my groin? Did he see that? No surely he didn't! I phoned my husband a few minutes later. I whispered into the phone. He just listened, he didn't utter one word. I heard him grunt and gasp. I pushed the phone between my legs for about a minute. When I put the phone back to my ear, the line went dead from his end. He was probably now heading to the loo. I closed my phone and reached for the toilet roll.

"You know you could miss one of his pain killers for me, just delay it for an extra hour or two."

"Fucking hell Millie, don't even ask things like that!" I snapped.

I watched her storm off back to the hospital, grabbing a tissue from her sleeve. She stopped then came back to me. Her hand grasped my wrist.

"Just remember what you were told," she hissed.

I picked up her dog end and put it in the bin.

"I missed you did you have a good holiday?" Paul asked.

I took a deep breath.

"Look about the day, before I, went on holiday, um, well you said you were awake?"

He nodded as I rung my hands.

"Well, what did, you see? I mean are you going to put a complaint in?"

"Look you got carried away reading your book," he said, after taking a deep breath, "you left it here. I hope you don't mind but I read it?"

"No, um, of course I don't."

"Is that what turned you on, reading about that poor girl?"

I couldn't look away from his green eyes. They were questioning me; they seemed to be looking for a dark side. I didn't answer his question. I picked up his dinner tray and left. I went out for my break and sat with Millie.

"Are you still mad at him Millie?"

"Aren't you forgetting something? He ran off with that fucking tart on our wedding day! Do you know how humiliating that is?"

I went into Paul's room.

"You know he must be angry as hell. I bet he hates me even more if that's possible, and here you are nursing the man his first wife ran off with."

"Look if it bothers you then I'll ask to be reassigned?"

He chuckled and then winced, "It doesn't bother me, but I'm sure it pisses him off big time. Oh tell him the garage I bought from him is being sold. The building firm made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Shame really, I guess my crystal ball works better than his."

"Look he's not stupid he knew you were up to something, you and your scheming business friends, and did you have to sack all those men?"

"That was years ago, I'm surprised he told you. Besides they got a pay off. I'm sure they had a good Christmas. Anyway I had to leave it empty for a few years, just to wait and get the best offer."

I stormed out of the room and took several deep breaths. Then I composed myself before going home. Would I now do what my husband had asked?

12