Old Soldier, New Alpha Pt. 01

Story Info
Man wakes up postapocalypse to all male world ready to breed.
5.6k words
4.83
9k
24

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 04/05/2024
Created 01/15/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Content Warning: omegaverse, alpha/beta/omega dynamics, eventual mpreg, breeding kink, breeding instinct, outdoor sex, post-apocalyptic far future setting, genetically engineered humans

Author's Note: did quite a bit of world building at the start but I promise it ends with smut XD

The world was a mess in the latter half of the twenty-second century, though admittedly not as bad as it could have been.

Climate change did irreparable harm to the planet but belated policy changes on the part of governments world-wide were finally enacted and kept the world from becoming completely uninhabitable. This was, unfortunately (and predictably), far too late for vast swaths of humanity-- those living nearest the equator and along coastlines were hit particularly hard. The advent of the twenty-second century saw the battle for resources hit a fever-pitch and those who could afford it fled towards the poles while ice caps melted and entire governments went defunct. Petty dictators rose and fell while more resource rich countries, clinging to what stability they still had, took what refugees they were able.

Daniel Smith was, in a way, a direct result of the worst years of the resource wars circa 2164. Desperate to protect lands that had skyrocketed in value in the face of collapsing ecosystems further south, the newly founded Canadian-American Union launched an ethically dubious super-soldier program that used experimental gene therapy to create a new breed of human that was not only better suited to surviving extreme conditions-- but was faster, stronger, and hardier than naturally born humans.

Unfortunately for the program, they were exceptionally intelligent as well-- something that rarely made for soldiers that followed orders without question.

The existence of program was leaked to the public by its own creations and ostensibly shuttered in the face of the ensuing outrage. Daniel himself had no doubt the program would have made a come-back eventually-- he himself was shuffled between different branches of the military after it all came out. He'd been an officer in the marines but had been ill-suited to the role given his penchant for asking questions and, on more than one occasion, refusing to carry out orders when he'd been told to use force to turn refugees back at the border.

He'd wound up a medic eventually, putting his 'bleeding heart to use' as his previous commander had put it, and he might have stayed there indefinitely if not for mother earth taking another swing at the bee-hive that was humanity.

Her bat of choice was a vicious little virus resurrected from the ice of Antarctica as the last of the glaciers melted away, freeing it from a prison of millennia old ice to ravage the helpless inhabitants of the modern day. Worse, exposure to UV light mutated it into something new and strange that laid all humans low but hit those with xx-chromosomes particularly hard.

Women died by the millions, all but demolishing the already beleaguered human race within within five years. In the face of extinction, scientists pivoted from chasing the illusive cure to developing something, anything, that would allow the species to persist-- even if they had to become something entirely new to do so.

The last Daniel heard they had been using gene therapy and any other tool they could get their hands on to establish a way for the surviving men to reproduce without women, a stop-gap against extinction until a cure for the virus could be found. He, and the surviving members of the program that had made him, were put in cryogenic stasis as specimens of humanity's very peak to be defrosted at a later date when things finally stabilized-- for better or worse. The virus was killing off people with y-chromosomes too, after all, though at a significantly lower rate-- and the super soldiers were too valuable to lose.

Unfortunately, 'later' never came.

~~~

Daniel woke to a rush of cool, stale air and inhaled deeply on reflex. He regretted it almost immediately as the dust caught at the back of his throat and sent him into a paroxysm of coughing before he even opened his eyes.

He could hear voices around him but he couldn't make out what they were saying-- not unusual for someone fresh out of cryo-sleep, though still annoying. Daniel rolled onto his side and hauled himself mostly upright with the help of the handrail built into the cryo-pod and multiple pairs of unfamiliar hands on his arms and shoulders.

Someone spoke again and still Daniel couldn't make heads or tails of what they were saying so he forced his eyes open and blinked rapidly in an attempt to focus on the figures gathered around his pod.

There were three of them, all men, and they were dressed very strangely for a visit to a military deep-freeze facility. Wearing a blend of rough fabrics, leather, and furs, the trio looked more like they were dressed up for Halloween or living displays for some sort of 'ancient man' display at the local museum. All three men were on the shorter side, though the tallest of them was very muscular and covered with scars. On closer inspection, the other two looked to be quite strong as well, though in a leaner sort of way, and all of them had the look of people who spent a great deal of time outdoors.

The closest man reached out to him and placed his hand on Daniel's, drawing the soldier's attention to him as he spoke. Daniel had no idea what the man said, but as his eyes finally made a full recovery he noted that the stranger was quite beautiful. So much so Daniel might have mistaken him for a woman at a glance, but the sharp edges of his tan face and his build marked him as male.

"I'm sorry," Daniel said when the beautiful stranger tried to speak again. "I don't understand what you're saying."

The three men shared a surprised look and conversed amongst themselves for a moment. While they did, Daniel strained his ears but, despite being fluent in several languages himself, and more than capable of at least identifying the rest by ear, he couldn't follow them in the least. There was something maddeningly familiar about whatever language they were speaking, and Daniel wondered if he hadn't suffered some sort of brain damage while he was on ice.

The light coming in from overhead shifted, and for the first time Daniel noticed that it wasn't electric, but natural sunlight pouring in from a hole in the ceiling. There was fresh looking dirt and debris on the floor and the rest of the room had a run-down and disused look to it that made no sense to Daniel.

Something was wrong.

Heart thundering in his chest, Daniel climbed out of his cryo-pod, stumbling a little on legs long left unused, and made his way to the pod next to his. The trio stepped quickly out of his way when he moved but he paid them no mind as he went to activate the touch screen built into the unit, only to find it dark and unresponsive. Closer examination revealed a crack in the casing and Daniel knew even before he cupped his hands around his eyes to peer into the darkened inner chamber than the woman within was long dead and the same proved true of the final pod at the end of the room.

There had been three members of Project Nephilim interred here at site delta-- himself, Charlie, and Alison, but it seemed only his cryo-pod had survived. A quick scan of the room revealed a sizable fracture in the floor that suggested an earthquake had ruptured the power-lines to the other two pods, killing their occupants.

Project Nephilim, the super-soldier project that had lead to the creation of himself and some hundred others like him, had been a close knit group-- the closest thing to family any of them had ever gotten over the course of the almost thirty years they'd been alive. They hadn't all gotten along, but that didn't mean they weren't family.

A hand brushed his shoulder and Daniel looked around sharply, startling the man that had reached out to him-- the beautiful one with tan skin and expressive green eyes.

Daniel had already noted that all three of the strangers were on the short side, but now that he was on his feet the difference in their heights was all the more apparent. At six foot four, Daniel was used to towering over the people around him-- he and all the members of Project Nephilim had been built that way; even the women had been six foot and taller. Judging by the way the three strangely dressed men stared at him now, however, it was clear they had never seen someone so large as him before.

"Sorry," Daniel said and held up his hands in a placating gesture. "I'm just... you don't have a word I'm saying, do you?"

The other man cocked his head, making it obvious that this was the case, then made a helpless gesture while one of the other males made some remark. Finally, he seemed to give up communicating and simply took Daniel gently by the hand and lead him back towards the hole in the ceiling where a rope was still hanging down. One of them, probably the largest, judging by the dirt that lingered on his clothes, must have fallen down through a weak point in the ceiling and the others had followed after with the rope.

The trio climbed up first while Daniel checked the only door to the room. He had no idea if it had been fused shut or blocked in some other way, but it refused to open even under his strength, making it obvious the soldier wouldn't be getting into the rest of the facility without the use of some tools.

Considering his rescuers seemed to have no interest in such an endeavor, Daniel made quick work of scaling the rope followed them out where he was temporarily blinded by late afternoon sunlight.

"Holy shit," he said when his eyes finally adjusted and he took in the view before him.

Site delta had, once upon a time, been located under the city of Seattle, the southernmost city still capable of sustaining itself in the Canadian-American Union...

Now it was a ruin reclaimed by nature.

In a state of shock, Daniel wandered down streets reclaimed by massive firs, past crumbling buildings overrun by greenery in the wake of his new companions as they strode confidently among the ferns and climbed over slabs of uprooted pavement.

The soldier paused at the base of a particularly large fir and pressed a hand to its trunk to feel the rough bite of its bark against his calloused palm, still struggling to wrap his mind around how changed the world was.

Just how long had he been asleep?

Eventually, they paused for a break and made a rough attempt at introductions after a little pantomiming on Daniel's part.

The largest of them was Tirak and not only the way he spoke to the others, but the way they looked to him in turn, made it obvious he was the leader of the little party. The man was heavily muscled and covered in scars wherever you could see skin on him, with square features and brown hair. His cool gray eyes watched Daniel with suspicion, for which the soldier could hardly blame him, but no outright malice.

Isem was the second member of the party. He was all lean muscle and his lightly tanned skin bore its share of scars, though not so many as Tirak. He was a good looking man probably a few years Daniel's junior with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was quieter than the other two and while he seemed wary of Daniel, there was no small amount of intrigued curiosity in his eyes while he studied the soldier.

The pretty stranger with the green eyes that had first woken Daniel was Oemi. He was even prettier out under the open sky, his rich, golden-brown skin complimented by dark hair and expressive green eyes. He had a slender but strong build and wide hips that Daniel's gaze couldn't help but linger on. Truth be told, Daniel felt oddly drawn to the man in a way that went deeper than simply being attracted to him-- though he was attracted to him. For all his world had been turned upside down, the soldier felt drawn to Oemi in a way he couldn't recall ever being to another person before. If people could act like magnets to one another that was how Daniel would describe the feeling-- it had nothing at all to do with his emotions or his opinions of Oemi as a person...

It was like a force of nature.

They made it back to the trio's camp just as the sun was setting, though they paused just long enough for Tirak to kill and gut a wild pig that they startled from the underbrush along the way. All three men were carrying bows but Daniel was still surprised by the speed with which the other man knocked and loosed the arrow. The pig squealed horribly when the arrow thudded into it, immediately followed by two more as Isem and Oemi followed suit, and it dropped dead.

Daniel loosed a low whistle at the display, impressed. He was less impressed by the knife Isem used to gut the thing. It seemed to be a bit of sharpened steel, not an actual forged blade, and in the interest of being some help handling what he suspected was going to be their dinner, Daniel motioned Isem aside and pulled out his own knife.

He hadn't been in full military kit when they'd put him under, just the standard issue kinetic suit he wore under his uniform, boots, and belt. The belt held one of his knives and a few hip packs with miscellaneous standard equipment he'd need to take stock of later, but for the time being he drew his standard issue ka-bar and looked up at the little murmur of awe the sight of it drew from his companions.

The well-honed blade cut easily through pig's flesh and it was Tirak's turn to give an impressed whistle. It'd been awhile since Daniel had last needed to gut an animal, but he remembered the steps well enough and the other men didn't seem to have any complaints with his work. Oemi said something and smiled as he gave Daniel's arm a friendly slap and the soldier felt an almost electric current race the full length of him at the casual touch, though the other man seemed unaffected.

They found a branch and strung the pig up from it so Daniel and Tirak could carry it between them, though luckily they didn't have far to go before they made it back to where the trio had apparently been camping. It was obvious they had been there at least a few days as they had constructed two lean-tos, one large one to sleep under and another to store their things. There was a fire pit at well and it was around this they spent most of the evening parting out and cooking the pig.

Unable to contribute to the conversation, Daniel focused on listening to the others as they spoke amongst themselves, determined to learn the language if he was going to be living here from now on. This was obviously just a temporary camp so the soldier assumed Tirak and the others were part of a larger tribe somewhere-- better to learn to communicate with them as soon as possible if he wanted to make himself useful to the group so he wouldn't be left on his own. As a former marine, Daniel had plenty of wilderness survival training, but he was no fool-- if he wanted to not just survive, but thrive long term, he'd need to find himself a community to join.

Dozing off under the lean-to was surprisingly easy considering Daniel had spent god only knew how many years asleep already. After a long hike in the fresh and and a big meal, however, exhaustion quickly caught up to the soldier when they all settled in that night. The bed of blanket covered spruce boughs was surprisingly comfortable, and the other blankets they shared between them was rough but warm, so it wasn't more than a minute before Daniel started to nod off.

Movement on the other side of the bed brought him back around, however, and Daniel opened his eyes as he listened, then glanced over towards Tirak and Oemi. As the largest members of the group, Daniel and Tirak each took an outer edge of the bed, with Oemi and Isem between them. Laying there, Daniel could feel Isem curled up against his side, but when he turned his head he watched as Tirak rolled over onto Oemi, who obediently shifted to accommodate the larger man.

Illuminated by the distant moon and the dying light of the fire, the couple shifted beneath the cover of the blankets and Daniel could tell the moment Tirak thrust his cock into the smaller man by the look of euphoria that took over the man's rugged features. Daniel was shocked Oemi was able to take him so quickly considered there hadn't seemed to be much in the way of prep, but the slender man didn't seem pained as his partner started to fuck him.

Oemi obviously tried to keep quiet but the rhythmic slap of skin soon woke Isem, who only woke long enough to look up and see what was happening before rolling over and falling almost immediately back to sleep, seeming unbothered. Sex in close quarters apparently wasn't unusual, at least among this group, but Daniel thought less about that and found himself hyper-fixated on the soft gasps and moans that escaped Oemi while Tirak pounded into him with increasing ferocity, the larger man grunting with the effort of it.

Tirak came a moment later, hips stuttering while a low, satisfied groan escaped him and he emptied himself into the tight confines of Oemi's ass. The whole thing barely lasted two minutes, for which Daniel was grateful, though at the same time he felt a little bad for Oemi as Tirak rolled off of him and immediately went to sleep.

It wasn't any of Daniel's business what the pair did but the whole encounter still left him feeling strangely unbalanced. Their coupling had left his stomach feeling cold and leaden even as the rest of his body burned, not with arousal at what he had witness but with a need of his own and a longing to bury himself in Oemi and--

Their eyes met over Isem's head and Daniel found himself studying Oemi's flushed features and his full, parted lips. The other man offered the soldier a small smile, unphased to find that his lovemaking had been witnessed, then rolled over and went to sleep.

Whole body aflame with need in a way he'd never experienced before, Daniel lay awake for some time before sleep finally claimed him.

~~~

They woke at first light the next morning and ate left overs with pan-cooked bread Oemi made before the trio seemed to hold a meeting between themselves. What they discussed exactly Daniel had no idea, but it was obvious he factored into it somehow. In the end, Tirak and Isem took their bows and left camp while Oemi remained behind with Daniel who was torn between pleased concerned by this turn of events.

The burning need in him hadn't abated at all with the dawn and only intensified as the day wore on and he spent more time in Oemi's company. He helped the man sort and bundle various plants that they had already gathered, then took a basket and followed him to collect more.

When they finally stopped for lunch beside a stream around noon, however, Daniel's fragile grip on his self-control cracked.

Once they'd eaten, Oemi stripped down and plunged into the stream to shed the heat of the day, then stepped out to let himself air dry, giving Daniel a full view of his naked form.

The man's body was just as lovely as his face, all glistening, golden skin and strong, graceful limbs. His cock was quite small but his narrow waist and broad hips sent Daniel rock hard where he sat on a stump away from the water's edge.

"Oemi," he called, voice low and rough. The man looked around at him, something in the way Daniel said his name seemed to affect him and his green eyes went wide when they caught the soldier's dark ones.

"Daniel?" he replied, tan features going flush. He didn't retreat when Daniel stood and approached him, but said something else the soldier couldn't understand.

Without another word, Daniel succumbed to the overwhelming forces that had been pulling him towards Oemi since the moment he laid eyes on him and kissed the much smaller man.

12