Savior

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One evening while sitting in a booth at the Texas Roadhouse having dinner Pauline French came up to me and said hello and asked if she could join me. I hadn't seen Pauline since high school and I said;

"Please do."

She sat and said, "Joleen not eating with you tonight?"

"Her husband wouldn't let her come out."

"Her husband? I take it that it isn't you?"

"Not for a couple of years now. She traded up several years back."

"Then this might be my lucky night."

"How so?"

"I need a date for an awards dinner I have to go to."

"When?"

"Friday night."

"I just happen to be free that evening."

"Good."

Pauline didn't tell me that she was one of the ones being given an award. She received an award for being the salesperson of the year. After the dinner and the ceremony there was dancing and I was dancing with Pauline and remembering our times together and those memories plus holding her soft warm body close gave me a woodie and she felt it and giggled.

"Are you thinking of the past too?"

"Indeed I am."

"Would you be up for a re-enactment?"

"I thought you could tell that I was up."

"You naughty boy you. My place or yours?"

"I thought you wanted to re-enact things."

"I do."

"Then to do it right we need a backseat."

"Oh how wicked. We could do it right here in the parking lot and see how many of my co-workers would walk up and watch. I think we should pass up an exact re-enactment and head for my place."

She was every bit the hot body she was back when she took my cherry and taught me how to make love. We went three times before falling asleep and once again before I took her to breakfast.

Over pancakes and bacon I asked her the obvious question.

"How is it that a hot sexy woman like you has to ask a guy like me for a date? I would think the line outside your door of guys wanting to date you would be a block long."

"The quantity is there, but the quality is somewhat lacking. And I have made some poor choices. I've been married twice and both marriages ended because of cheating. I can honestly say that I've only met one keeper and I let him get away. So what happened with you and Joleen?"

"She traded up to someone who had more money than I did."

"She always was a bit of a gold digger. Even back in high school."

"The problem is that I knew that and I married her anyway. Everything was fine until I was injured and it looked like my playing days were over and the big paychecks would stop coming. Without those multi-million dollar contracts on the horizon she went looking for another sugar daddy and found one."

"Enough about her. Now that you've fed me and I have some energy I think we should go back to my place and do some more re-enacting."

I was one whipped dude when I finally got back to my place on Sunday night.

+++++++++++++++++

Pauline and I dated for several months and I finally asked her to marry me. She smiled and said:

"Remember when we broke up back in high school I said that you were the kind of guy I'd want when I did decide to tie myself down?"

I smiled and told her that I did remember.

"Back when we had breakfast after the awards dinner I told you that I'd only met one keeper and I let him get away? I was referring to you. Now here you are asking me to marry you and I have to tell the only keeper I've ever known no."

"You know you have to tell me why. How can I be a keeper and still get turned down?"

"When I told you that I'd been married twice and had divorced both times because of cheating? I left you with the impression that I was the one cheated on. That isn't what happened. Both times I was the one who cheated. I am not capable of being faithful to one man and I won't do that to you. I know me baby and I know that before our first anniversary rolled around I'd be doing someone behind your back. I will not do that to you."

"So how long have I got until you drop me?"

"I have no idea baby. The smart thing for you to do is drop me right now. Drop me before you can get hurt."

"I don't think so. I'm happy with you and I'm going to hang in there as long as you let me. Thank you for being honest with me. I can spend the time to preparing myself for the ending."

The ending came five months later and we parted friends.

Over the next year I dated a dozen or so women, but I was never able to get serious with any of them.

And that brings us to the present.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I was in my office going over payroll when my secretary buzzed me on the intercom and told me that there was a Mrs. Arnold asking if she could see me. My first instinct was to tell Gwen that I was too busy to see anyone just then, but then of course my curiosity won out and I told Gwen to send the lady in. The door opened and Joleen walked in.

"Hi Brad."

"Joleen. I have to admit that this is a bit of a surprise."

"It shouldn't be. You know that I always come to you when I need to be saved."

"What is it this time?"

"I need a husband and I thought of you. After all, you are a known quantity."

"Is this some sort of a joke?"

"Of course not. I told you before I signed the papers that I realized that I belonged with you and that I loved you and didn't want a divorce."

"And what does Jason have to say about this?"

"Jason died six months ago of a heart attack. I figure that six months is enough of a mourning period so here I am asking the man I love to take me back."

"Right. And then when you find some rich dude you will bail on me again."

"Don't be silly. I was Jason's sole heir and as I remember it you heard him say that he had more money than the two of us could spend in five lifetimes. I did put a dent in it, but there is still more than enough than you and I could spend in four lifetimes. I won't even ask for a prenuptial. So, how about it? Are you still in the savior business?"

I was.