Siren's Song: The Voice of Many Waters - Coming Soon

Story Info
Readers: bookmark this star-studded special story event on July 4th!
391 words
34.3k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,117 Followers

[Editor's Note: Lit welcomes any authors who'd like to come together for a special themed story event. Contact us anytime if you have an idea for an author event, challenge, or themed collaboration!]

Siren's Song: The Voice of Many Waters - is a special story event organized by blackrandl1958. On July 4th, many of readers's most loved Literotica authors will publish stories on the theme. Here are a few words on the event from the blackrandl1958 herself:

I have always loved the sounds of water. From the waves breaking on the shore, to the silence at midnight on a boat at sea with no land in sight, to the rushing of river rapids and the trickling of a spring, the flash of the lighthouse, the roar of the surf, the clang of the bells on the shoal or on markers; I love the tales of the fishermen, the stories of naval adventurers and merchant marines, ship captains, passengers and crews on cruise ships and longshoremen.

From Hemmingway, to C. S. Forester to Herman Melville to Mark Twain, those stories have rung in our ears and given us a taste of deep water. These stories, from beach bums to river rats to naval battles, to tourists and doomed passengers on ghost ships, will stretch reader and writer, alike. Do not expect us to write in our usual genres or explore our everyday plots. To those who love the water, and those who merely love a good tale, the siren's song is playing.

Join us as these great writers give us the voice of many waters.


You may expect to see stories from:
Adrian Leverkuhn

Ahazura

Amyyum

Androgynousother

Andyhm

Angiequesophie

Bebop3

Blackrandl1958

BurntRedstone

Carvohi

ChloeTzang

Cpete

DeYaKen

DTIverson

Eclare

Girlinthemoon

Harddaysknight

Jezzaz

Laptopwriter

Lost Boy

Mainefiddleheads

Markelly

MattblackUK

Raisa Greywood

RichardGerald

RWSteward

SBrooks103x

Stev2244

Todd172


*

Mark your calendars for July 4th! A huge thank-you to blackrandl1958 for all her hard work, and to all participating authors!

Literotica
Literotica
2,117 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
55 Comments
swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Re. the racist comments

One of the many great benefits of writing anonymous stories for a free erotic website is that readers can’t possibly judge a writer for who he is, what he looks like, how old he is, how much weight he carries, how he combs his hair, etc. Because the writer is anonymous!

The only way a reader could possibly know anything about an author is if the author tells the readers some personal detail about himself. Trust me, I have regretted choosing my username since the day I created it. Because of that name, readers assume all sorts of things about me that simply aren’t true.

Perhaps if Randi didn’t include her skin tone in her username, she wouldn’t have invited all of these racist scumbags to make racist comments on every story she writes. Why include your skin tone in your username unless your goal was to become a victim of the always-ugly anonymous internet community, which never fails to bring out the worst in humanity?

Just sayin’.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
What did I miss?

Someone here supports homophobia and bigotry and I missed it? Shit! How do these things get past me? Where is this homophobic rant posted?

On another note, when you throw a party, you like to invite people you enjoy and who you hope will enjoy each other. You don't invite the aging uncle that likes to pinch girl's asses. You skip the overbearing narcissist. You skip the cousin that wants to fight after he has a few beers. You do not invite the spouse's slut cousin that will try to seduce a few husbands and fathers. You are a bit exclusive with your invitations. Sometimes you don't invite a guy simply because you don't like him. That one pisses me off. I have missed a lot of parties because people are so judgmental and just don't like me. It isn't because I'm black, gay, transgender, pickaxe handle wielding, handicapped, or Canadian. Sometimes just being an asshole is reason enough to miss an invitation. That's my cross to bear, but I'm not complaining... much.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Jason-

Bebop3's comment pretty much covers it, but I need to emphasize again that Randi is not the author of this submission. She is one of the most loving, inclusive and accepting people ever, and if she were the author of this submission, she would be on these comments like you wouldn't believe. It's unfortunate that someone would write something like you referred to, but please believe Randi would never allow it. Randi, herself, was the target of numerous racist comments that were unfortunately left up. Think about it.

I'm also puzzled that because you thought there were four authors who would have made brilliant contributions, that somehow Randi's list wasn't "exhaustive" enough for you. If you thought Randi didn't know about them, did you email her and recommend them? The list was extremely varied, both by writing style and genre. But, as you've said, you're not interested in it. Still, the lack of four authors hardly makes her list limited.

I'd just like to state again that what you've said about Randi is false, and you really should have thought about it a little more before writing a comment, making such accusations. Contact Laurel.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Hello Jason Clearwater

First off, happy 4th of July.

If you check this submission, you'll see that Randi wasn't the author. As she isn't the author, she can't delete comments here. The author is listed as "Literotica", which I assume means Laurel. Maybe your concerns should be directed to her?

On a side note, you posted that Randi's inclusion of authors was rather exclusive.

"Well, my surprise has evaporated as it's become very clear that this is an exclusive event organised by someone with exclusive tastes."

I'd have to disagree with you there. She invited me to participate and barely knew me. I recommended an author to her and she almost immediately extended an invitation to that author.

Regardless, I hope that you're able to find a few stories to enjoy and have a great holiday weekend.

jezzazjezzazover 5 years ago
I missed the deadline :(

Due to real world concerns, I just didn’t get done on time. No fault of anyone except my own. I will finish the story and get it posted at some point, when I get some writing time. I can only apologize if anyone missed me (which is extremely doubtful anyway, just wistful thinking of an aging wanna be author.)

Randi has done an outstanding job of organizing these things, and if anyone has issues, it’s not any fault of Randi’s, that’s for sure. She is nothing but class and elegance and voodoo dolls.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Wicked Games: The Stories Read the tales of falling in love with someone you shouldn't.in Loving Wives
Play it Again Sam Pt. 01 A day in the life of a man betrayed.in Loving Wives
Equation Sometimes love adds up.in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
More Stories