Split in Time Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Keira felt herself warm to woman who had no obvious fear of her Alpha, and if she was as dangerous as her senses said she was at least she was technically on Keira's side.

"My name is Ghan." He told her before he turned to leave.

"Aren't you going to get dressed?" Crystal teased playfully.

He glanced down and blushed as he finally realised that he was wearing nothing but his underwear. Walking back into his room he scooped up his clothes, he didn't bother to dress, he just left the room.

Keira stood after he had left, and walked into the bathroom. There was a tub hidden behind the door. She tested to see if she could get into the tub so she could bathe; gratefully she found that she could. Putting the plug in she then paused as the main door opened.

"Forgot something." Ghan called out to her.

She glanced around the door. "Ghan, do you have hot water?" She asked wondering if there was hot water and if so if there were limits on it.

He nodded. "Of course."

She smiled, it had been ages since she had a hot bath, and the last one didn't really count as she had been plunged into a hidden hot spring. "Any limits?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Water is heated two ways here, both natural, solar during the day and ground heated. You know thick black tubes sunk into the earth to be heated by the sun and kept warm by residual heat." He explained.

She nodded and turned back to the tub turning on the hot water. She watched the steam rising from the water and smiled.

"Keira." He said gently.

She jerked surprised, thinking that he had gone, and turned to him. He walked over to a cabinet and pulled out some shampoo and conditioner as well as some bath oils, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste and some razors. He offered them to her then set a brush on the sink.

"Maddie... the woman who gave you lunch will be in with your breakfast in about half hour." He told her then left her to her bath.

"Thankyou." She said softly as she set everything down, she sniffed at the oils and settled on the honey and vanilla oil, she put four drops in as directed then put the oil back in the box. When the tub was full, enough she shut the water off, removed the blanket and slid into the hot water with a sigh. She rested her head back and let the warmth from the water enter her, being careful with her arm. Knowing the water would cool she went to work on getting seriously clean for the first time in ages. She shaved for the first time in months and washed her skin, which was mostly clean from her sponge bath from only the day before.

She left her hair for last, as she could soak as the conditioner did its work. When that was done, she relaxed in the warm water ignoring the chain, which hugged her throat and arranged the chain so that it stayed out of her way. After several minutes, she rinsed the conditioner from her hair and got out of the tub, grabbing a big fluffy towel. She pulled it to her nose and took a deep breath, it smelled of sunshine and summer breezes, before she dried herself and wrapped the towel around her. She used another for her hair then pulled the plug.

She walked into the bedroom to see Maddie setting up breakfast. Maddie was about the same age as Keira but wore her hair short in a practical cut. Her eyes sparkled with inner amusement and Keira found herself instantly liking her.

"You must be Maddie." Keira stated.

Maddie nodded. "And you are?"

"Keira." Keira held out her hand. Maddie hesitated for a moment but shook her head. Keira walked over to the dresser and looked at what was on offer, she dressed quickly in jeans and put a button shirt on, and once the buttons were done, she put a cardigan on and did up its buttons. She pulled on thick socks and finished drying her hair. Maddie frowned. "If you want I could get scissors and trim your hair."

Keira smiled, "Thanks that would be great." She sat and started to eat, savouring the meal.

Maddie grinned and left her to eat and to get her scissors, she returned not only with scissors but also with a second helping of breakfast. Maddie offered it to Keira, and watched as Keira ate the second helping only marginally slower than the first then sighed when she finished.

Maddie smiled. "Come let me brush and cut your hair."

Gabby hobbled in and smiled at her daughter; Maddie looked up, and offered Gabby the brush she'd just brought in.

"You brush, I cut." Maddie offered before she picked up the breakfast dishes and left with them.

"Don't piss him off Keira." Gabby cautioned as she started to attack the long blond hair.

"I'm not trying to." Keira defended.

Gabby brushed silently for several moments. "Ghan suggested that since we're staying..."

Keira frowned, her mother was a snow leopard, she could only just tolerate having Grey around all the time let alone a whole heap of people. "But... you don't like lots of people; you can barely stand da and me most days."

Gabby sighed. "You are my daughter; I will cope as long as I can be with you." Gabby held her tightly.

"Okay so what has Ghan suggested?" Keira asked.

"He's suggested that we formally adopt you." Gabby told her.

"Thus making me completely Were and unable to mingle with humans if I managed to get free again." Keira supplied.

Gabby frowned, she hadn't thought of it that way.

"Ma its okay... I don't think I can mingle with humans even now. I know nothing about humans." Keira told her.

Gabby kissed the back of Keira's head. She pulled back and kept on brushing the long blond hair. Maddie came in with a stool and a dustpan and brush. Keira moved to the stool and let Maddie cut her hair.

****

The next day Amy took a group to start getting the Alphas to agree to a gathering. They appeared in a small clearing inside of thick forest, clouds overhead were threatening to dump their loads, with rain or snow was anyone's guess.

"How far away have you put us?" Vivian asked.

"About a mile from the central den." Amy answered.

"Why so far away?" Boadicea asked.

"It would be rude to appear beside them." Amy answered. "This way they'll find us in a few minutes, we triggered a border alarm," she added as she led the way. She had kept the group small, Cass, Shannon, Vivian, Boadicea, Alanna, Taylor and Guinevere. Alanna and Taylor were under strict orders; they were not to change, even if they were threatened.

Amy hadn't been lying when she said they would find them promptly, they had only been walking five minutes when they were suddenly surrounded by two dozen Were, some in full animal form and others in hybrid form. They paused and waited for the group to circle them.

"We are here to speak with your Alpha, we have come unarmed and in human form." Amy told them calmly.

The leader of the group was a bear, and in his hybrid form which was hard to distinguish from his full animal form. He tilted his large head, thinking about her statement. Nodding his head slowly he turned, showing them the way. The others kept their ring around Amy's group and helped to lead the way.

They moved through the forest, keeping Shannon and Cass in the middle of their group just in case. Soon they approached the entrance to the caves where Grey-hawk's pack had taken up residence, Grey-hawk had been warned of their approach, and was waiting for them.

His eyes scanned the group and came to rest on Amy, as she was clearly the leader of this group. His eyes raked over her taking in her supple legs, full hips and nice bust. He suddenly changed his thoughts about the woman before him when his eyes focused on the collar she wore clearly around her neck; it was well made to the point of being a masterpiece. It also told him that her mate was powerful and rich.

"What can I do for you?" He asked only a little curious.

"We have come simply to talk." Amy answered. "I am Amy Wild-heart." She said introducing him using her Ancient name. Grey-hawk frowned, he knew no Wild-heart who was a member of the Alphas but that meant nothing, and she could simply be using her maiden name.

Amy turned to the group and pointed them out as she said their name. She turned back to Grey-hawk who had leant forward and was sniffing the air

"What are you?" He asked a little concerned now.

Amy smiled, "I'm complicated." She answered simply.

He watched her, waiting for a more detailed explanation and when one wasn't forthcoming, he shrugged it off. "Come, let's talk inside," he told the group and turned, leading the way into the labyrinth of tunnels and chambers. He walked them into the largest chamber, which was the packs' communal chamber where they ate, played and socialised.

He walked them to some of the smaller round tables; Amy joined him as the others took a different table clearly indicating that they actually weren't a part of this conversation. He turned his attention to Amy as he sat.

"Okay... what brings you to me? Do you want amnesty from an abusive mate?" he asked in quick succession.

She chuckled, "He would never strike me." She told him honestly. "I'm here to invite you to a gathering."

He frowned, "A what?"

"A gathering." She answered. "It's being hosted by the Ancients."

He glared at her. "I will not have Ancients meddling in my pack." He said as he slammed a fist down making several people jump.

Amy just watched him as he tried to calm down. "I said that they were hosting... not that they would be in charge or meddling. Ancient land is large enough and versatile enough, include the fact that Ancient land is neutral and hidden from humans it makes it the only place possible to house over four hundred alphas."

He went pale, "All the alphas... you're including the vampires."

She nodded, "I have no choice, this concerns us all."

"And the purpose of this gathering?" He asked.

"To try to find a way out of this mess." She told him simply.

"We didn't start this." He said, trying not to lose his temper.

"It doesn't matter who started this, it's gone on for long enough it must end now." She locked her eyes with his but didn't bring her Alpha influence into the mix, he watched her for a moment before he jerked his eyes away. She was powerful and good at controlling her Alpha influence; she hadn't needed it to make him understand that what she said was the best course of action.

He thought seriously for a minute about what she was proposing, if it was successful, it meant no more hiding, no more running and avoiding humans, for everything to go back to the way it was before. "Count me in." He conceded, "when and where?" He asked.

"You're the first to agree; I have to go to every Alpha and am trying for at least three to four a day... maybe more." She explained.

He groaned, it would take weeks to get this done let alone set a date.

"We are hoping to have it in a month." She told him.

He sat up in surprise, "How... no one can move that fast."

She chuckled, "Vivian and Boadicea are Ancient, the moment we leave here we will be at Roberto's to convince him."

"Wolfgang would be a better choice to go after next; if he is for something most Alphas will fall in line and follow without question." He explained.

She shook her head, "Wolfgang is the last Alpha I'm going after. You'll find out why at the gathering."

He shrugged, she had her reasons. "Don't forget Ghan... granted his pack is very small and he has a Vampire..." he said stressing the word, "for a second, but he is still technically an Alpha."

She frowned, she could sense Ghan but she could also sense Ghost, she thought it was simply because they were immortal. "And what of Ghost?" She asked curious.

He blinked for several moments. "If you can lure him out of his self imposed exile then everyone will jump on the band wagon."

So Ghost wasn't an Alpha... maybe she could sense them both because they were members of her pack.

"Oh..." he said suddenly remembering something. "Jesse, although technically not an Alpha, is acting as one until Mayhem reappears." He watched her for a moment, "unless you know where she is?" He said in a leading way. Mayhem's disappearance was seriously becoming a legend, most didn't even think she was alive yet the members of her Ambush swore black and blue that she was and since she wasn't there no one could challenge her.

"No Jesse will have to come anyway..." she answered, "Mayhem doesn't know the inner workings of her pride like he does."

He frowned, "wait... you already have Mayhem?" He asked.

She nodded, "Broke her and some others out of a detention facility a few days ago." She said as she stood, indicating that it was time to go.

Jay, Grey-hawk's second approached. Amy wondered for a moment at the change in the man who had once always had a cheeky grin and whose deep hazel eyes, which always seemed to sparkle with inner amusement at everything. This man was hard; the last twenty years had not been a picnic and had wrought a massive change in the once free spirited man.

"I don't trust her." He said not even bothering to say so silently.

"I'm not out to destroy your pack." She said gently.

He gestured to her collar, "Who do you belong to?" he demanded to know.

"I belong to myself." She said with just the right amount of anger to tell him that she resented his assumption that she was nothing more than chattel.

The others of her group stood and moved to stand with Amy. Alanna quivered with anxious energy, wishing silently for a moment that Tarval was there to watch her back. Taylor's eyes darted the room as others stood.

Grey-hawk growled, telling his pack members to sit back down and relax. He turned to his long time friend, "What she proposes could change our world for the better; I am willing to give her the chance she needs to do this." He explained he frowned as a scent finally reached his nose, taking a deep breath for a moment as his mind focused; his eyes came to rest on Cass. Her scent said human but she was in a mixed group and she had the scent of Were on her strongly. But there was more to it.

Amy smiled and waited for it as she moved just a little to clear the way. She wasn't disappointed; moments after she had moved Grey-hawk lunged, grabbed Cass and jumped back, his nose buried into the junction of her neck and shoulder, he took a deep breath from the source to confirm his assumption. His blood suddenly caught on fire, his arms became like steel bands holding her to prevent her escape. He was surprised that she didn't fight him.

"Let her go Grey-hawk." Amy said calmly.

He growled and stepped back taking her with him, he felt her face press against his chest, felt her inhale. He pressed his hardening member against her.

"Cass stop encouraging him. Grey-hawk release her." Amy snapped a little annoyed and a little amused.

Cass, Grey-hawk thought for a moment as he heard laughter like he had not heard for years, he knew it was a shortening of something, a name popped into his mind, "Cassidy." He whispered into her ear and got a shiver out of her.

Amy smiled at Jay who was laughing himself silly. That was more like it, she thought to herself. "Jay you bray like an ass." She commented which just caused him to laugh harder. She turned back to Grey-hawk. "Release her... you won't like what I will do if I am forced to remove her from your arms. You might be healed by the gathering; chances are however that you most definitely won't be."

He had already conceded that Amy had power and could back up her threats; it left him with no choice. He released her reluctantly and Cass, equally reluctant, stepped back to join Amy.

"Don't be sad or anything, you can collect her at the gathering and I won't stop you from mating and bringing her back." Amy told him and he suddenly perked up.

He frowned for a moment, "You knew?" He asked as Amy turned to walk away, she turned back and smiled at him before suddenly they were gone.

They appeared in an olive grove, the air was cool. They started to walk although they knew that again they had tripped some kind of perimeter alarm. Amy turned to Cass who looked clearly conflicted. "What's wrong Cass?"

She jerked to Amy a little surprised, "Is it wrong to wish that you hadn't pulled me away from him?" She asked.

Amy chuckled, "No... knowing what you know plus that unexplainable draw you were feeling the moment you were near him." She reached out and gripped Cass's shoulder. "You are just not ready to be his alpha female yet. Give me the month I need and you'll be much better prepared for your life to come." She turned to Shannon. "The same applies to you."

Shannon nodded, she felt slightly sick with nerves, she was going to meet the man who had started to feature in her dreams. From the moment she saw him in Amy's memories she needed him, but a small part of her mind kept taunting her with little comments like 'he may not want you'. Seeing Grey-hawk's reaction to Cass she felt a little better, if Roberto didn't react to her scent then he obviously wasn't the man she thought he was.

They walked for no more than five minutes before they were circled by an obviously battle weary group, some still were flecked with blood around their muzzles, some were even slightly wounded. They growled and bristled at Amy's group, they were on edge and they were moments from attack.

"We are here to speak with your Alpha... we are un-armed and those of us who are Were are in human form. We wish no harm to you or your pack, in fact if you have injured we can help." Amy told them holding her hands out in a non-threatening pose. The leader of the group glanced off informing his Alpha of what she said and what he saw.

He grunted and turned, trotting off the pack moved, herding them in the right direction. They came to a gully that looked like it had just been turned up side down. Amy glanced around wondering for a moment what was going on. A scared woman ran from a person who was simply trying to help her. Amy reacted knowing exactly who this person was, she stepped left and her arms caught Maria around the middle.

Maria cried out and struggled in Amy's arms for a moment. "Maria calm down." Amy told her as she pulled her close, turning her body until they were chest to chest and Amy could hold her. "You're safe now." She told her, and for reasons unknown to her, Maria relaxed.

Amy's scent filled Maria's nose and had her taking deep calming breaths, something about Amy had her relaxing for the first time in years. Amy stroked her gently, combing her fingers through Maria's hair carefully loosening the tangles.

Roberto was storming around glaring at his enforcers, "Where is Gus?" he demanded, he wanted none of the men of that pack to be alive.

"We don't know he wasn't with the pack." The group leader said slightly afraid.

"Don't worry about Gus." Amy called out, "I killed him a few days ago," she added as she gently moved to check Maria's shoulder, Maria growled a warning, no one touched her shoulder.

"I know you protect that arm Maria, but I know we can fix it." She told her earnestly. "Trust me... please."

Maria relaxed but tensed again as Roberto approached.

"You killed Gus?" He asked.

Amy nodded as she stroked Maria, calming her down again and she relaxed. "Had to... bastard was whipping my daughter." She said coldly.

"His mate?" He questioned.

"My daughter." Amy said with a nod.

"Where is she?" He demanded to know.

"She's safe... as is Electra... if you even thought to look for her." Amy said deliberately being evasive with her answers.

"What brings you to my territory?" He questioned, eyeing the way the very skittish Maria was clinging to the strange woman before him. He wanted to tug his new pack member from the strange woman's arms, but he was loathed to do so as she had some how managed to get Maria to relax and be calm and even allowed her to touch her badly healed arm which she let no one touch.