Split in Time Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's not true," Amy said, "the triplets... they weren't trained before they could use their powers, as infants they could teleport, will things into their hands, as toddlers I had to impress upon them that they were not to will food into fruition or to use their powers unless they had to. Hasn't stopped them from experimenting or figuring out what they can do. Their only restriction is me... I keep them from using their powers for everything."

"What have they done?" Wolfgang asked curious.

"Serenity broke her identity band... shattered her identity band," she corrected, which stunned the Were in the room who knew identity bands were virtually indestructible, Anna was still finding pieces of it and wouldn't stop looking until she found every piece. "She then made silver blocks rise up through solid glass which she was tapping."

Rhun frowned as he felt a surge around them. "What the hell is that?" He demanded as others in the room started to feel very uncomfortable, the surge made it slightly hard to breathe and had the hairs on their bodies standing on end. Everyone glanced around trying to place it, trying to find out where it was coming from.

There was a loud pop and a little boy appeared before Amy, he quivered for a moment, as he felt as if large chunks had been cut from his body. He put away what he was feeling and focused only on the now as he calmly looked around the room at all the people who just stared at him in shock. Thais turned and hugged Amy's leg, pressing his face against her hip with a shy smile, he knew these people but at the same time he didn't.

"Everyone this is Thais, Thais... everyone." Amy introduced before she knelt, pulling him free from her leg. "How did you get here?" She asked.

"Wanted to be here," he answered.

Amy frowned, "why are you here?"

He thought about his answer for a moment, he had seen everything before his mother reappeared back in their universe; he hadn't liked what had happened and was hoping that coming here was going to change what he had seen. His eyes went distant as the pathways started to rewrite, altering to factor him in closing off the other path, the one he had seen, completely. When his eyes refocused he smiled at her.

"You just changed something... didn't you?" Amy surmised as she was used to him 'spacing out' on her.

He nodded.

"Was it bad?"

The smile left his face, "yes." He answered simply. "It won't happen now..." he added, "why borrow trouble." He finished.

"Honey how did you get here?" Vivian asked curious.

"I willed it Gram." He answered.

"Gram?" Vivian questioned a little shell-shocked, time travel was one thing, time travel and universe jumping was something completely different, in their experience only Fate could move someone from one universe to another, yet he had done it on his own simply because he wanted to be here. She was beginning to understand Amy's concern with her children. Amy knew she was powerful, that she was capable of whatever she wanted and like her son she could probably universe hop if she set her mind to it. However as an adult Amy knew how to use her power without abusing it. Her adult children she had no issues with, but the cubs... all that power... the only up side with her cubs was that they didn't act like cubs, they were adults trapped in children's bodies.

"Short for great grandmother, Rhiannon gets Gran or granny." Amy explained just as other Ancients raced into the room having felt the surge throughout the temple. Their eyes all came to rest on Thais, Thais met them stare for stare and even looked at Noah with surprise as he had never met this Ancient in his universe, and now knew why as Noah looked at him with anger and fear.

Noah watched as the little boy's eyes remained fixed on him. "Why is he staring at me?" He demanded feeling anger rise.

"Because you are the dangerous one here." Wolfgang answered simply; it was a safety instinct in cubs, if in a dangerous situation they never took their eyes off the danger. This wasn't really a dangerous situation but the same instinct applied to those who the cub knew was dangerous.

"I'm the dangerous one? They are all freaks and I am the dangerous one." Noah said with disbelief before he vanished.

Thais glanced up at his mother, "now you know why you've never met him." Amy said to his unsaid statement.

Mryddin pointed at the little boy and turned to the others, "he willed himself here." He explained.

Thais gave them a toothy grin as he watched jaws drop. He gestured around the room, "They can open the front door." He said and watched as they all started to ask what was going on.

"Wait..." Amy said and quickly ran through what had happened that afternoon, effectively doing a down load to bring them up to speed as it was quicker than doing it verbally. The Ancients stood and blinked in stunned silence, their world was changing.

"I think Rhun is right," Cleopatra said, "I think Fate might be trying something new with Amy's children. Maybe we have held onto notions, which we never should have had to begin with, for too long. Maybe these children will lead us into a new era."

"How did you know about the door thing?" Gabrielle asked.

"I saw it." Thais answered.

"Thais... sees... everything." Amy explained, "Past, present and future, and he doesn't just see the immediate future, he sees... everything."

"Am I right little one?" Cleopatra asked as she knelt down to be at eye level.

Thais said nothing.

"He won't tell you." Amy answered simply. "He is a see and never tell little boy but I understand now why he doesn't talk about what he sees." She said as she ran her fingers through his hair. He smiled up at her, happy she now understood why he hadn't told them about the attack or about Keira's scratching. "He will tell you only if it means altering an event is possible." She added.

"Wait... so you see the future but tell no one... where is the fun in that?" Sage asked.

Thais smiled, "I do tell... I'm just suitable about it."

"Ah... that is so cute." Gabrielle said, "Scary... but cute." She corrected.

Amy chuckled. Thais moved away from his mother and over to his father, Wolfgang's eyes hadn't left Thais since he had appeared in the room, his eyes feasted on Thais, he was the product of the other him and Amy's love. He wished that he and Amy had that potential; that she could bear him a child, but it had taken many months before she fell pregnant the first time, a fluke as she hadn't fallen pregnant since and according to her memories she hadn't gone into heat that first time or since. He also doubted that she would be here long enough to either fall pregnant or carry to term.

Sweetie... Amy begun as she could feel Wolfgang's conflicted emotions, she was talking directly to Thais, she didn't know how Wolfgang would react, she knew he would never hurt Thais physically but he might do it emotionally.

It's okay... trust me. Thais told her as he came to a stop before Wolfgang.

Wolfgang snapped out of his brooding, he may never father a child in this universe, but he had three in another and this would probably be the only chance he had of getting to know a child of his blood. He reached out for Thais and lifted him easily before sitting Thais on his lap. Thais grinned at Wolfgang then turned to his mother with a slight I told you so look.

Amy tried not to grin, it was always hard not to when you get such a grown up look on a child's face. Thais sat for a few minutes just letting his eyes roam as everyone watched to see what he would do next. Amy suddenly remembered something, "Are you hungry?" She asked him.

He nodded.

"It was dinner time in my universe when I came here." Amy explained.

Wolfgang pulled Thais close and stood. "Let's get you fed then." He said as he sat Thais on his hip. Everyone else stood and left returning to the courtyard as they knew the conversation would continue out there. Wolfgang carried Thais, which Amy found surprising as Thais was a very independent little boy who didn't like to be carried unless it was in playfulness which normally meant upside down. Thais just let Wolfgang carry him, but he would eventually let him know that he didn't need to be carried.

"What would you like?" Wolfgang asked when they got to the buffet room. Thais turned to Amy who just smiled.

"Thais doesn't talk much..." She explained as she grabbed a plate, she knew what he liked and didn't like so started to organise a plate for him.

"Why?" Wolfgang asked not even realising that even though Thais had talked, he kept his sentences short.

Amy chuckled, "because he doesn't like to talk, he likes to listen. When he does talk he tries to say as little as possible." She finished filling his plate and started outside. She placed his plate on the table and a booster appeared so that he could sit and eat.

Damn it... Wolfgang suddenly said mentally as he realised that he probably wouldn't get to sleep with Amy again.

What? Amy asked as she poured water into a glass then sat as Wolfgang sat Thais in the booster.

I won't be able to sleep with you. He answered.

She tried not to laugh as she realised Wolfgang thought that like most cubs they liked to curl up with their mother when they slept, at least while they are young. Thais normally sleeps in his own bed, if he wants comfort, he crawls into bed with his sisters, Keira or Anna. He may choose to sleep with us tonight or he may choose to curl up on his own or curl up with another cub. However he rarely crawls into bed with us, he's done it once but that was because he had a really bad dream, his sisters also crawled in with us as they too had the dream.

Thais ate silently as the table filled with people who had been in the room when he appeared. Thais let his eyes roam over everyone, his eyes took on a distant quality and he stopped chewing, for a few minutes he didn't blink, Amy was used to this, the others weren't.

"Is he okay?" Rhun asked.

"He is fine, he spaces out regularly." Amy explained.

"And that doesn't concern you?" Taylor asked.

Amy shook her head, "why? It's not like it hurts him."

"But it must be dangerous what if it happens while he is doing something." Vivian asked.

"Then I see but don't see." Thais answered as he blinked and went back to eating, shocking everyone but Amy.

Amy chuckled. "He is completely aware of what happens around him, we were making cookies once, before Bastion banned Temperance from his kitchen, he was kneading dough, he got that vacant expression but it didn't stop him from rolling out the dough or cutting cookies."

Thais nodded, "see but don't see, like I saw but didn't see Ghost's cat run across the hall way before Aunt Susan came home." He explained even though he knew they wouldn't get it, no one got his gift, they had simply learnt to accept that he did weird things for reasons that were beyond them.

"That was days before Ghost came to live with us in my universe, Thais told Bastion to buy cat things because a one eyed ginger cat was coming to live with them... eventually. Bastion asked when and he said soon. Bastion asked how soon and Thais just shrugged. A few days later Ghost came and let a one eyed ginger tom cat lose in the manor. Annoyed the crap out of Bastion."

Thais smiled as people chuckled. Garnet joined them and Thais stared at her, he knew almost everyone... even Destiny and Crystal as in the future they would join the pack and he had seen that, but this woman was new to him.

It took Wolfgang a moment to remember that Garnet didn't exist as a person, or at least one he would know, in Amy's universe which meant Thais had never met her. "Her name is Garnet, my sister." He said to the little boy.

"Have I seen you before?" Garnet said to Thais, she could swear that she had seen him before although she couldn't remember where, she had been getting to know the children as most were going to join the pack except for the few who were going with Cass with their mothers.

Thais shook his head, "I just got here." he answered.

"This is Thais..." Amy said.

Thais... how did Amy's son get here? Garnet demanded silently to her brother.

He wanted to be here, he saw something he didn't like so came to change it... he sees the future Garnet... Wolfgang explained silently to her.

Garnet was suddenly curious, "do you know who my mate is?" she asked.

Thais thought about it for a moment, it wouldn't hurt anything if Garnet found her mate now and he did truly want his aunt to be happy. He held his hand out to her, he wanting to touch her as it would open the future up to him directly.

She placed her hand in his little one; he frowned a little in surprise as he watched her future flash before his eyes. He wouldn't have thought those two would be mates. He even saw himself pointing at Garnet's mate right here and now.

"He is here." Thais said confidently. Garnet's eyes searched the group, wondering who was hers. Her wolf had been alert since she got here and now she knew why, she couldn't pin point anything however because there were just far too many scents. Thais lifted his other arm, his eyes not leaving Garnet as he pointed at her mate, much to Taliesin's shock as he was the one Thais was pointing at.

Garnet released Thais and stood a predatory look in her eyes as she started to stalk Taliesin. Taliesin didn't know what to do; the laughter from Rhun and Taylor was not helping him. Before Taliesin had a chance to think or do anything Garnet was before him, there was something in the way she moved which had him backing up; it was as if she wanted to gobble him up and he wasn't far from the truth. She did want to eat him but in the most delicious of ways and hoped that he would like to taste her as much as she wanted to taste him.

She was also kicking herself, she had seen him, been around him but with so many scents she hadn't recognised him sooner. Watching as he backed away from her, stupid Ancient, she thought as she continued to stalk him as he continued to back away. Didn't anyone tell you that backing away was seen as running away, and boy do wolves like to chase, she thought.

Taliesin suddenly found himself against a wall, literally, Garnet took advantage of the obstacle and was suddenly before him, her arms shot out resting either side of his head, trapping him. She leant in and took a deep breath as she ran her nose up his neck.

"DON'T..." Thais called out the moment before Taliesin vanished.

Garnet growled a feral sound as she glanced around. Amy was suddenly before Garnet. "He didn't mean it Garnet... you scared him... he didn't mean to flee." She said trying to calm the beast.

"Hold her I'll get him." Rhun said and suddenly vanished.

"Wolfgang... hold her." Amy said. Wolfgang wrapped his arms around his sister and held her tightly to his chest. When Amy was sure Wolfgang had her she vanished.

"ARE YOU MAD?" She demanded when she appeared before Taliesin. Rhun was also there but was focused on keeping Taliesin here. "You've lived with Taylor long enough to know better than to run from your mate."

"Mate? I don't know her." Taliesin said still panicked.

"Did Taylor know Rhun... no she just jumped him, only he had sense not to try to run. You've just enraged her; you basically just turned around and told her that you don't want her." She told him angrily.

"No I didn't..." he argued.

"Yes you did," she cut in firmly, "you ran away, she lives in a rough world made rougher by the madness, her instinct is to grab you and claim you before something tries to take you from her. She doesn't care that you don't know her, she doesn't care that she doesn't know you, she just knows you are the perfect match for her."

Taliesin didn't know what to say or do. Rhun finally dropped his will, Taliesin wasn't going anywhere.

"Trust me..." Rhun said as he approached, "when Taylor jumped me I wanted to vanish..."

"But... you've known your mate at least three times before..." Taliesin questioned.

Rhun nodded, "but this is the first time I've known her as a Were, I've known her as a Fae, a witch and a human but never as a Were. The others I got to know before I loved them but trust me when I tell you this, you will fall in love with her quickly, she will become your world and you are made for each other." he said as he rested a hand on the older Ancient's shoulder.

"You wanted to know about love, she will show it to you." Amy reminded him.

He nodded.

"Now to appease her..." Rhun mused as he thought about the best way to calm her down.

"Taliesin," Amy said getting both men's attention. "Strip down and lie on your bed with your arms and legs spread out and your head tilted back. When she comes at you do nothing just lay there and keep your head tilted back, keep your neck and belly exposed. She may not be gentle with you, you ran on her but this will calm her down."

Taliesin nodded a little woodenly.

"I will give you five minutes before I will her in here. Be ready." She warned before she and Rhun vanished back to Garnet leaving Taliesin to prepare. Garnet growled when she saw Amy without her mate and started to fight her brother.

"He is in his room Garnet; I will send you to him in a moment he just has to wrap his mind around a few things." Amy promised.

Garnet stilled a little; she knew Amy was powerful enough to send her to where ever her mate was and when she got her hands on him he would never again vanish on her.

*

Garnet appeared in a dimly lit room five minutes later, a fire was burning merrily, contained by an intricate chain mail grate, candles were placed around almost randomly giving the room a warm cosy feeling. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in the haphazardly stacked books in a corner near the only modern piece of furniture in the room, a big dark brown lazy-boy recliner before they finally came to rest on the large four poster bed.

She almost lunged at him but stilled herself, taking a deep breath, it hadn't been his fault, he hadn't had a mate, not since becoming Ancient, she had been told. Growling gently, she calmly approached the bed where he lay. She felt her blood heat as her eyes focused on the body of her mate, her mate, she thought to herself almost beside herself with glee. She had found her mate, correction her nephew had found her mate for her but still she had her mate, she didn't care how she got him as long as he was hers.

She moved briskly to the bed and crawled onto it and over to her man. Her eyes scanned his naked form and found herself loving what she was seeing, he wasn't all firmly packed muscle like most men she knew but he wasn't 'geeky,' he had the body of a swimmer, lean long muscles that were gently defined. Straddling his stomach she waited but he didn't move and although she liked the submissiveness of his pose she didn't want it.

Leaning closer to him she licked his chest in a long smooth motion upwards towards his neck. She groaned as she inhaled, his scent danced around her nose, she nuzzled against his neck as her hands stroked his skin. But still he kept still, she growled as she shifted lying on top of him, she caught his chin and pulled his arched head down until their eyes could meet.

"You can touch me," she told him.

"Amy said to let you do as you please, that it would make up for vanishing on you." He explained.

She chuckled, "yeah well my brother chatted to me while Amy was chatting to you." Pressing her face to his chest her lips brushed against his skin, "how about we forget that you vanished on me," moving so that their eyes could meet, "forget what Amy said and just..." she didn't finish, she didn't know who started the kiss, if it was him or her, she didn't care, his lips were firm, moist and oh so addictive.