Teresa's Christmas Miracle Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good." I said. "That gives me hopes this will be a fair and honest investigation."

Muscone said "Me too. Okay, first the plane itself. There are no physical defects; it is in flawless operating condition, except for slight issues related to the fuel tanks running completely dry. There were no mechanical failures."

Muscone: "They're still analyzing the Black Box data and the Cockpit Voice Recorder, but they did tell me a couple of things. First, the Tower at the airfield near Teresa's hometown radioed and asked if Teresa had a nurse onboard, or something like that, and she said she did. Then they said the two nurses that came on the helicopters with the children were still there at the airport, and did Teresa want to land and pick them up. She said she had the nurse aboard, and she kept on going."

I said "We all saw the nurse get off the plane, too. It's only when she got to the Terminal Building door that she made it look like an interdimensional time portal."

"True." said Muscone. "They're also going to confirm what they heard on the Voice Recorder. In the first incident, with your mom and Teresa's aunt, that pilot said he talked to Albuquerque Control, but they had no record of it, and the Recorder was gappy during that time. They also accused that pilot of changing the heading from LCA to TCA, and he said he never changed it. Teresa was en route back here in the first place, and this is where she landed, so we won't have that issue. If you ask me, they have no grounds to blame her for a freaky weather phenomenon."

I said "But they may try to, especially if Weller has gone over to the Swamp Frogs."

Jack said "I guess we'll know on Monday... what?" He'd seen my look.

I said "Guys, be ready for them to ambush us, and demand to talk to Teresa earlier, maybe tomorrow or even today."

Todd said "Agnes Spires is ready. And I've got U.S. Senator Lorraine McGill ready to come in and pound them in Washington, D.C. if they try to suspend Teresa's license without full due process of law."

Then Todd said "But I do know this: once that plane is cleared and given back to us, I'm putting it up for sale and buying another one. I need to upgrade anyway, but this is twice too often that that plane has been the center of controversy."

"I don't blame you a bit." I said. "And Todd, keep an eye on Teresa the next few days. She's as tough as they come, but she's sleep-deprived, under stress getting this Concert going, and you're the only man on earth that can make her get some sleep..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

5:00pm, Wednesday, December 22d. I told my assistant, the lovely Helena French, to go home for the day, and that she would only be working until noon the next day. As she left, Paulina Patterson turned into the doorway from the hallway. She and Helena exchanged greetings, then Helena left as I led Paulina in to my office.

After we sat down, Paulina said "I just came by to ask if Lionel Carmela was arrested yet."

"No." said a voice in the doorway. We looked up to see Chief Deputy Sheriff Cindy Ross in the doorway. She came on into the room and sat down as she said "Deputies went to Carmela's office yesterday to serve the warrant and take Carmela into custody. He was not at work, so they went to his home. He wasn't there, either. We put out an APB for him in the Tri-State area, but he hasn't been seen at all."

Cindy: "The Deputies also went to the home of Rob Lawton, who is a close associate of Carmela's. Lawton also was not at home, so I had a BOLO put out on him. Unfortunately, it's only County-wide, so he could be at my father's compound just across the County line and we'd never know it. And the arrest warrant expires after the Concert is over, unless there is violence there by the bastard's known associates."

"I suspect there won't be." I replied. "We'll still be ready, but I think these warrants may have forced Carmela to stand down on disrupting the Concert this year. I'd bet that he really, really regrets saying what he said on KXTC's newscast."

Paulina said "And I would imagine that he is shocked, shocked,, that we took advantage and swore out the warrant."

Cindy added "And he's running scared."

"Okay, then." I said. "Let's put a bow on this day, and head home."

"Can I get a ride with you?" Paulina said. "There's something I need to ask you about..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I took the 'southern route' home. We drove south on Riverside Drive, east on MLK Jr. Drive, then north along University Avenue. As we passed by the Hospital, we saw that the stage and much of the sound equipment was in place. And even at a distance I could see Teresa, talking to people and giving instructions.

"So what did you want to ask me about?" I said as we drove further north towards the turnoff for Mountain View Road and to The Cabin.

Paulina hesitated, then said: "I was wondering... if it would be okay to ask Michael McGill to join us for Christmas dinner on Saturday."

"Uhh... I-yi-yiiii." I said in reply. "Have you talked to Laura about it?"

"No." Paulina said. "She'd just say that gatherings at The Cabin are your events. And I wanted to get your opinion on it first, anyway."

I said "We-ellll... first, I think I need to say that if you're dating Michael seriously, then I'm happy for you both. And inviting him as your 'plus-one' to something like Cindy's housewarming party is not a problem with me."

"There's a 'but' coming." Paulina said half-humorously.

"More like a 'having said that'." I replied, then plunged right into it: "Christmas dinner at the Troys can be a big event, but it's usually all family. You're family, of course, and Tasha most definitely is. And I've invited T-Square to dinner with us in the past. But if you get serious with another man, be it Michael or someone else, is he really part of our family?"

Paulina nodded as she looked forward. "I see what you're saying." she said. Then she went there: "If things do get more serious between Michael and me, what will that mean for Tasha?"

Without hesitation, I replied: "We've had a great arrangement so far, and Tasha has gotten to spend a lot of time with me and with her brothers and sisters, that plural meaning Marie as a de facto sister. That's done Tasha a great deal of good, and it's done her brothers and sisters good, too. And no one loves the cats more than Tasha, and vice versa. And no matter what else, I want that to continue for Tasha."

Paulina replied: "I think we're at the point that there is no way I could keep Tasha away from her family, nor would I want to. And we all know that what Sandra Speer did to keep you from seeing your daughter Greta is hurting you, and I wouldn't do that to you, nor Tasha, nor her siblings, especially Carole."

I said "I'm not putting you off by saying this, but speak to Laura about it. If she's good with it, then invite him."

Paulina said "I think I have my answer already..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

8:00pm, Wednesday, December 22d. Upon looking at the Mountain Nest from the front, one might think it was smaller than The Cabin; certainly the A-frame made The Cabin imposing, and it was four floors with the half-basement and the one-room attic room. But the Mountain Nest from the backside showed that there was a basement, where the MIL apartment was, and there were two guest rooms; one at the end of the hall past the 'Puter room on the first floor, and one over it on the second floor, past Jim and Carole's bedrooms.

So my mother Phyllis stayed in her MIL apartment, Clarissa was in the first-floor guest room, and Beatrice and Eugenia were in the upstairs guest bedroom. Neither Bowser nor Buddy had one word to say about it, though their looks of wary confusion spoke volumes at times. Buddy did decide that he liked Beatrice and Eugenia, and they gave him plenty of skritchins.

Having been awake since the wee hours of the morning, Carole pretty much conked out just as soon as she finished her supper. I carried her up to bed and tucked her in. Jim, Beatrice, and Eugenia had no problem going to bed early, either, especially when Clarissa and Phyllis set the example for them.

Finally alone, Laura and I sat on the sofa against the wall in the greatroom, sipping drinks. I said "I haven't had a chance all day to find out: how are the kids that Teresa flew in doing?"

Laura said "The little girl is doing very well. Her name is Diane, Diane Davenport, and she and her twin brother David were born on the Fourth of July, a year ahead of Carole. She was stable when she arrived at the Hospital, and she responded very well to the initial treatment."

Laura continued: "She's a beautiful, wonderful little girl. I'm not sure why, but I really felt drawn to her. We talked a good bit, and she's really smart and she already knows she wants to be a doctor herself. The only issue is that she kept asking about how her brother is doing, and they didn't tell her anything until I found out and told her."

"And how is he doing?" I asked.

Laura paused for a second, then said "He barely made it to the Hospital. If Teresa had been diverted in her flight in any way, he would've died. He was in much worse condition than Diane when they got there, but Dr. Morgan got him stabilized. Dr. Cordell is not supposed to practice any medicine, but he made a few suggestions that helped. A lot."

Laura said "Once they got him stable, Dr. Napp gave him an initial treatment for the disease. The treatment helped, but not to the level it helped Diane. Dr. Napp says that females respond much better to the treatment than males, and he's going to study why, since he has twin siblings in this case. He may have to revise the treatment for boys based on what he finds. So right now little David is alive and stable... but nowhere near being out of the woods..."

The solemnity of her voice told me more than her words about young David's true condition. I put my arm around Laura and hugged her to me, and said "Well, you did all you could." I observed two outstanding dogs at the back door, and said "Okay, I'll take these little cockblockers out, and then I hope to find you in the bedroom when I get back."

"Yes. Yes you will." my lovely wife replied...

Part 12 - In Concert

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Thursday, December 23d, from the warmth and comfort of the anchor desk within the KXTC studios. "The FAA and NTSB investigate Police Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "After the plane Teresa Croyle was flying Tuesday night disappeared from radar, the FAA and NTSB opened up an investigation of the incident. However, Lieutenant Commander Croyle is not cooperating with the investigation, and has demanded a lawyer to be present during any questioning of her, which experts say is both suspicious and disturbing. Let's go to trusted reporter Amber Harris for more. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" shouted the athletic, height-challenged blonde reporterette as the feed switched to her, broadcasting from County Airport with the Terminal Building in her background. "Channel Two News has learned that the BOW-Enterprises-owned aircraft Commander Croyle was flying not only disappeared from all radars for several hours, but when it landed its fuel tanks were completely empty."

Amber: "Experts tell Channel Two News that to allow one's plane to run out of fuel is reckless and suggests incompetence on the part of the pilot. And sources tell Channel Two News that Croyle did not refuel at the point of the flight's origin. And as you said, Bettina, refusing to cooperate with Federal agencies and avoiding answering their questions only adds to the cloud of suspicion hanging over TCPD Officer Croyle's head. Neither Commander Croyle nor her direct superior Officer, Commander Donald Troy, responded to repeated requests for comment by KXTC Channel Two News. Back to you, Bettina."

Bettina: "Thank you, Amber! That was trusted reporter Amber Harris with that important report giving you the facts you have the right to know. Teresa Croyle is also spearheading the Christian religious concert tonight that experts say is unlawfully being held on Government property, violating the Separation of Church and State Clause of the Constitution. Let's go to highly respected reporter Carl Lemay for more. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" shouted the lean Reporter of Color as the feed switched to him, reporting from the Hospital grounds, with the Concert setup in the distant background. "While all legal efforts have failed to stop the offensive, illegal concert from taking place, Social Justice groups are vowing to peacefully protest the event while it is taking place."

Lemay: "Additionally, University President Jerry Moore has ordered all parking lots surrounding University Hospital, which he maintains is University property under his control, be closed, and has ordered the University Campus Police to tow away all cars parked in the Hospital parking lot."

Lemay: "However, Campus Police Commissioner Bob 'Brick' Briscoe has said he will not have any cars towed, as cars that belong to patients or families of patients at the Hospital might be mistakenly towed away. Commissioner Briscoe also stated that he answers to the County Sheriff and the Governor of the State, and that the University President has no control over the Campus Police nor the authority to give him orders."

Lemay: "And while citizens are deeply concerned about safety at the religious event at the Hospital, no one with the TCPD nor Sheriff's Department would appear on camera to discuss security measures they are taking to ensure the safety of the Public. Neither Sheriff Antonio Griswold, who is running for re-election for Sheriff, nor Police Commander Donald Troy responded to repeated requests for comment by KXTC Channel Two News. Back to you, Bettina..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So much for the Christmas Spirit at KXTC." said Police Chief Sean Moynahan as he, Sheriff Griswold, Your Iron Crowbar, Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone, FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone, and Chief Deputy Sheriff Cindy Ross drank coffee and watched the propaganda-cast in the Chief's Conference Room.

"My God." said Tanya. "Just when you think they can't go any lower, and can't get any worse, they do that."

"And they didn't even mention that it was a Life Flight." growled Sheriff Griswold.

"Is Weller of the NTSB behind that attack on Teresa?" Cindy asked.

"If he is, his career is ovahhh." I said venomously.

Jack Muscone said "Guys, I'm going to ask a favor of you, and ask you to consider that it might not be Weller behind it. He may have answered Press questions innocently, not knowing that KXTC was going to twist his words into that assassination attempt."

"You know something we don't?" I asked Jack, peering at him.

"Yes." Jack said. "Some cub reporterette was asking him for comment. She asked specifically about the fuel tank, about the dropping off radar, and about the Black Box having anomalies. He didn't volunteer those things; she asked and he didn't deny... which Wurtzburg ran with as if he'd confirmed it."

Muscone: "I asked Weller to wonder where that reporter got that information, and he got this shocked look on his face when he truly realized how much she must've known in order to ask those questions. Someone informed the Press of what's going on in the investigation, and I don't think it was Weller nor Darryl Green."

"Changing the subject," Tanya said, to change the subject, "just how much security are we going to need tonight at the Concert? And at the parking lots, to prevent any cars from being towed?"

Cindy replied "I'll have swarms of Deputies at the parking lot entrances, and no tow trucks will be allowed in. And they can be diverted to help take down and arrest any protesters that try anything to disrupt the Concert."

I said "That is just Lionel Carmela's war on us through his proxy and puppet Jerry Moore, and scaremongering tactics. Most people at the Concert are shuttled in from churches and other places in Town. Others walk after parking on the other side of University Avenue. I'll give Briscoe credit for calling their bluff and refusing to go along with their shit."

Sheriff Griswold said "And worse, that fucking bastard Lemay wants us to tell the world what our security arrangements are, then says -we- are the ones in the wrong when we don't? God damn him."

I said "And he made sure to mention that you're running for re-election, Sheriff."

Tanya said "Did anyone arrest Carmela on that warrant the judge issued?"

Cindy said "No. He's flown."

"Good." I said. When everyone looked at me in shock, I said "I think he knows he's done for if anyone attacks the Concert tonight. That's why Jerry Moore is huffing and puffing about the parking: it's all they have left. If the thugs do what they did last year, the inciting to riot warrant goes into effect, and it has no expiration date." (Author's note: 'Angels of Christmas', Ch. 02-03 for last year)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

5:30pm, Thursday, December 23rd. I parked my Police SUV in the 'Authorized Vehicles Only' area behind the E.R. entrance to the Hospital. Carole and I got out and went into the Hospital and through it to the front door, seeing the staging area behind the large stage back wall.

I was wearing my red Guardians of Justice pullover sweater, khaki pants, khaki Tilley hat, my Badge on a necklace around my neck, and my holstered service weapon on my belt on my left hip, facing backwards so I could draw it like a sword. Carole was wearing her Badge on a necklace, her red GOJ pullover sweater, white denim jeans and white tennis shoes. And she was carrying her violin in its case; she was actually going to perform with The Maestro tonight(!).

"Hi guys." Teresa said as we came up to her. She was wearing all white, including her white pullover with the GOJ logo on it, white jeans, and white tennis shoes. Being a cancer survivor, she fit right in with other cancer survivors wearing white.

She said "We've got the Handicapable Veterans Orchestra here, augmented by The Maestro's students and members of various churches that can play. And we've got some great new stuff. Right, Carole?"

"Yes ma'am!" Carole said enthusiastically. "I'm ready for my part!"

"Uh, what part is this?" I queried.

"You'll see, Daddy." my daughter replied. "You'll see." Seeing Teresa actually grin, I decided not to pursue it any further for the moment. For the moment...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

6:00pm. The rumble could be heard from a long way away. It turned into a mighty roar, and then the flashing chrome of dozens of motorcycles as they rode up University Avenue. Everyone knew what it meant, that we would be riding tonight...

... with The Guardians of Justice M.C.

They were directed to go through the parking lot south of the Hospital and park on the lot behind the building, where the Wrangler Circus would be performing in the Spring. They parked in neat rows. As they dismounted and gathered together, they were met by TCPD Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone and Sheriff Griswold. As one unit, they came to attention and saluted, and Tanya returned it.

Tanya noticed that some of the Riders were not wearing GOJMC jackets with the logo patch on the back, as she was. With one exception, a few were wearing black pullover sweaters with the logo of the Wrangler Circus. The exception was the woman with the huge mane of dark red hair, Bonnie. Her pullover sweater was 'stone', almost white.

"Bonnie," said Tanya, "Teresa has been eagerly awaiting your arrival. We'll take you to where the choir area is."