The 750 Word Project 2020 - Coming Soon

Story Info
Coming soon: write a compelling story in EXACTLY 750 words!
469 words
13.8k
4

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 03/01/2023
Created 02/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,101 Followers

For the second year running, here comes:

Back in 2019, author jezzaz wondered:

Is it possible to write a complete story in exactly 750 words? That's the minimum limit that Literotica will accept, and after talking among ourselves, some of the writers on Lit decided to see if we could do it. After all, it's 750 words, right? How hard could it be? It's not like editing it is going to take long, after all.

So we buckled down, arguing whether hyphenated words counts as one word or two, trying to work out whether we should be taking the Microsoft Word count as gospel, or the one you get from Windows Explorer, and trying to squash blackrandl1958's desire to write a two thousand word header, 'to explain all the context' (yeah, we see through that, Randi!)

It turns out it's harder than you might think to tell a story and have it mean anything in 750 words. But you can judge for yourself, on February 13th, when the fruits of our labors will be posted.

Last year's 750 Word Project challenge was a great success, with a huge turnout of authors and much fun for readers. So, let's do it again!

Like last year, this challenge is open to everyone - established authors or brand new Lit writers, any story category. To be a part of this challenge, you must:

  • - Write a story that is EXACTLY 750 words by Microsoft Word or Google Docs count - no more, no less.
  • - Copy and paste this phrase into the Note To Admin section of the submission form: "750 WORD PROJECT". Please copy and paste this so that a typo doesn't keep your story from participating!
  • - Submit your story in any story category before Wednesday, February 12th.
All stories will be posted on Thursday, February 13th.

If you don't enjoy writing or reading short tales, feel free to skip this event. Not every event is for everyone. Literotica is a big, deep, and wide world where everyone should be able to find what they enjoy, no matter how niche. It does not exist only to support what is popular or mainstream. We will continue to support all ideas, no matter how big or small. Let's all give each other room to grow and enjoy!

To learn more about this event and talk with other authors, see The 750 Word Project 2020 Support Thread.

For more information on Author-Organized Challenges, see this thread.

If you have any questions on this event, please contact us.

A big thank you to jezzaz for creating this event, and to all the readers and writers who make this site possible!

Literotica
Literotica
2,101 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
13 Comments
LiteroticaLiteroticaover 3 years agoAuthor

Yes, there will be a 750 Word Project 2021!

https://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=93086981&postcount=4

We will post an announcement in January with full details!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

I also hope they do this annually. New people might not have the skill (yes, I know all my stories are rated 3.2) or time. A flash story would be a great place to start posting, and if Literotica posted the contest now for 2021 it would give people the holidays to start getting their story written.

Remember this week in the United States is a major holiday, many people are off the full week.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Again?

This has produced a surprising number of good stories. I hope it is done again soon.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Damn.

I'm so busy, but I want to try this. I love the concept. To all those that do (the usual suspects), I'm looking forward to reading your stories. Keep smiling and have a great 2020!

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 4 years ago
Word and word counts

When the U.S. was pursuing its monopoly case against Microsoft, the court insisted that all briefs be submitted in WordPerfect format. At that time, many legal practices and courts had standardized on WordPerfect (anyone remember LegalPerfect?). Word counted fewer words in the same document than WordPerfect did, which meant that Word-created documents often exceeded the maximum word count limits set by the federal court.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Unicorn An average guy. A retired model worth millions. Can it work?in Loving Wives
Where's Buster Wife want's a fling with a co-worker before settling down.in Loving Wives
Separate Vacations: Parallel Lives An alternate take to the Story by DanielQSteele1.in Loving Wives
Separate Vacations Keeping running shoes under the bed.in Loving Wives
Back to Bristol Ch. 01 One wife, one husband, one ex-husband.in Loving Wives
More Stories