The 750 Word Project 2021 - Coming Soon

Story Info
Coming in February: write a compelling story in EXACTLY 750 words!
347 words
12.5k
5

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/01/2024
Created 02/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,165 Followers

Coming in February: The Third Annual 750 Word Project!

Back in 2019, author jezzaz wondered:

Is it possible to write a complete story in exactly 750 words? That's the minimum limit that Literotica will accept, and after talking among ourselves, some of the writers on Lit decided to see if we could do it. After all, it's 750 words, right? How hard could it be? It's not like editing it is going to take long, after all.
[...]
It turns out it's harder than you might think to tell a story and have it mean anything in 750 words. But you can judge for yourself, when the fruits of our labors will be posted.

The 750 Word Project 2020 challenge was the biggest one yet. This time to accommodate the large volume of entries, we're allowing participants to submit their 750-word tale any time during the month of February. On March 1st, a master list of all challenge stories will be posted under the Literotica account. (Be sure to follow us to be notified of that and all other challenges and contests!)

As always, this challenge is open to all - established authors or brand new Lit writers, any story category. To be a part of this challenge, you must:

  • Write a story that is EXACTLY 750 words by Microsoft Word or Google Docs count - no more, no less.
  • Copy and paste this phrase into the Note To Admin section of the submission form: "750 WORD PROJECT". Please copy and paste this so that a typo doesn't keep your story from participating!
  • Submit your story in any story category February 1st-28th.
The list of all participating stories will be posted on March 1st.

For more information on Author-Organized Challenges, see this thread.

If you have any questions on this event, please contact us.

A big thank you to jezzaz for creating this event, and to all the readers and writers who make this site possible!

Literotica
Literotica
2,165 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
3 Comments
JuniorPistachioJuniorPistachioabout 3 years ago
Word Count (rawallace)

From what I gather, the story can have a preface section which is not part of the word count. There needs to be a separator line between preface and the story, such as +++++++, so whoever or whatever does a count knows where the story begins. Some authors have the preface font set to italics to further distinguish it from the story.

A good way to do this is to upload the story as a .docx or .rtf file so the fonts can be retained. BTW, Wordpad can be used to create a rtf (Rich Text Font) file.

Take a look at some of the 750 word stories already posted to get better idea of what I am trying to say. Not all will have a preface.

My first story is in moderation at this moment. I'll soon know if I did it right. Wish me luck.

rawallacerawallaceover 3 years ago
Word Count Clarification

Does the word count include the title? I assume it is meant to mean the body of the work, not the title or author's name, etc.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Eat Me, Bill Shakespeare A romantic tragedy - I think not.in Loving Wives
How Could She Think This Was Okay? A wife thinks she deserves a weekend of sexual experience.in Loving Wives
February Sucks - Another Version What would a real man do...in Loving Wives
February Sucks - For Them My version of GeorgeAnderson's "February Sucks."in Loving Wives
February Sucks Alterative My version of February Sucks.in Loving Wives
More Stories