The Extra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Abi later decided that, as they agreed at the outset to have three children, she preferred to interpret that as three pregnancies, and that they should proceed with that interpretation of the plan as agreed. Walker was more than happy to concede that they might have to settle for four or even more children. Abi knew that her grandmother was a twin and two of her cousins had twins, estimating that they probably had a one in four chance of another set of twins.

Sierra, may not have been interviewed on the red carpet at the Oscars, but she was questioned by police immediately after the ceremony was concluded, in the presence of both parents and Abi as, by the insistence of both her parents and their daughter, Abi was regarded as much her new Mum as was her old Mom.

As Sierra had been much photographed as a very beautiful and elegant girl in her simple maroon Dior off-the-peg evening dress, as well as front paging every newspaper in the world after her step-dad had been outed as a child abuser, she ended up in the published list as fifth placed of the top thirty best dressed women at the show. The Dior fashion house immediately offered her a generous contract to model for them at times and places chosen by her, but she turned them down in favour of the importance of her studies in veterinary surgery.

Abi worked continuously on the "High Street" soap during this and her next two pregnancies as well as able to fit in at least two feature films per year to keep up with the increasing demand for her services. She was able to make some very good choices in the selection of roles, leading to several Oscar nominations and a couple of wins throughout her long and successful acting career.

Walker continued to work as advisor for the show after Bill's retirement.

Sierra qualified as a vet and, after experience at both a rural agricultural partnership in Scotland and a suburban one in Surrey, she set up practice in California about ten years later, dividing her working day between domestic pets and the local zoo. She was very happily married to a tall and rather shy Scottish veterinary student, who initiated their move into agriculture but happily followed his wife's moves as they gained experience and set up their highly successful US practice. They were the happy parents of two beautiful and cheerful red-heads, who their five grandparents adored (Crystal being regarded by all the family as an "Honorary Gramma".

Crystal divorced Bull Donald immediately and was happy to be well rid of the cheating creep. The assault case and claims for damages to his reproductive organs, against his ex-wife and step-daughter, was soon dropped as he and his lawyers were utterly overwhelmed with claims from many actresses and other film-industry working women and girls who were prepared to bring any number of historic sexual harassment and rape charges against him.

Donald also had to cope with being dropped from consideration for any future film roles, while his back catalogue of movies couldn't be touched by television, causing studios of recent and current films to sue him for losses or expenses incurred in reshooting with new actors taking on his roles.

Walker and Abi had two more children, Harry James Pickering, who appeared 21 months after the twins and Christina Elizabeth Pickering made her entrance 23 months after that.

Walker and Crystal sold most of their holdings in the LA based furniture business to a staff buyout, with Walker kept on as a consultant and designer of the contemporary furniture they made. After five years as consultant on High Street, and about the time Abi left the show to balance motherhood with making more feature films, Walker founded a small bespoke furniture business in one of the ancient barns on the Manor House property. The eldest twin, who preferred to be called what he considered a really cool name, Walt Junior, was a constant presence in Dad's workshop and became his first apprentice, later carrying on managing the business, which eventually employed both his own sons.

Walker and Abi's youngest daughter Chris Pickering also found she had an affinity for working with wood and at an early age starting making miniature furniture for her dolls house which became a lifetime passion and career, making beautiful miniature architectural models.

Charlie was a serious student and became interested in history and architecture, becoming a tenured professor while still in her twenties; as cute with a dimpled smile like her mother's and elegantly tall from her father's genes, she presented a popular series of television programmes about the history of architecture.

Harry Pickering was climbing up furniture before he could walk and became a proficient mountain climber and keen sportsman, joining the Army straight from school, rising to Colonel before being appointed CEO and ever-ready publicist of a major British children's charity.

Abi and Walker had ten grandchildren and, by the time Dame Abigail Pickering, her honour awarded for her outstanding services to the dramatic arts, celebrated her 80th birthday, they had eighteen great grandchildren.

Sadly, Walker died in his sleep two months before her birthday at the grand old age of 102, and was still as lively in his conversation, stories and the lively twinkle in his eye whenever Abi was around him as he ever was. They were married for 52 years.

"Wear you best, brightly coloured shirts and frocks," Abi insisted, "not a thread of black to be worn at my Walt's funeral." This was the celebration of a life best lived and best loved, not to be a moment of public mourning, however sad she might feel in private. The numbers had to be restricted at the graveside, so many friends he had made down the years wanted to attend, but she ensured that most of them filled the Hall for the wake afterwards, where the many stories he had once told were retold over and over by his friends and loved ones.

Abi had already organised her birthday party, with all the family invited to the Manor House Hall just six weeks after the funeral. They had already bought the candles planned to be used, so it was with some difficulty that they all 80 were lit at the same time. Abi enlisted the help of her two youngest great grandchildren, a boy of six and girl of four to help her blow out all the candles and make their secret wishes.

It was the girl and boy that, at Great Gramma Abi's urging, chased each other round the table, the boy slowing down after three or four circuits to allow the girl to catch up and kiss him lightly on the lips to the thunderous applause and cheers of all present. There was no embarrassment on either boy or girl's part, this was, after all, a household that was built on loving family hugs and sweet tender kisses.

As her daughters Charlie and Chris cut and distributed slices of cake to the family and close friends, Abi settled comfortably in her favourite Sheraton carver and, smiling broadly, filled her head and heart with memories, so many memories, of the love of her life, the walk-on extra that turned out to be so extraordinary.

The End