The Highwayman

Story Info
Classy 56 year old wife surrenders to a black artist.
16.3k words
3.83
63.4k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cockelbur
Cockelbur
10 Followers

Note

( The people and places in the story are real . The initial meeting with Robert, Vee and Sam really happened at the art exhibit, but the tryst is fantasy. It was just a canvas to try to paint Vee. Sam really does not want to hand over his wife to anybody, but if she ever went there he's going with her.

PS: This is the first story I've ever tried to write. I enjoyed writing it, although challenging on an IPhone. I tried to make it appealing to to a woman's mind, Vee first, but also indulged a little in the male eye to make it attractive to men also

I hope you enjoy reading it. Comments and feedback are welcome.)

*

The colorful, post card size invitation to the art exhibit and private cocktail party to meet the artist was offered to Mrs. Jensen as a thank you for contributing to the city's historical museum. The artist was one of the Florida Highwaymen, a group of painters known for their landscape paintings. She was locally known as Vee by her close friends and family. The lady, appearing to be in her mid 40s, was by most considered conservative, very attractive and high class. Actually at 56 she was stunning. The only feature of her 5'-6" presence that hinted of her true age was the color of her long, face framing hair. It was primarily silvery platinum, with faint underlights of medium brown left over from her youth. She wore it in a simple yet elegant style at about mid back, slightly above her narrow waist. Mrs. Victoria Jensen extended the invitation to her husband of 37 years as well as to two other couples.

Two weeks later the three couples met in the shady grass parking area of the historical building. As they greeted one another with hugs and hand shakes they noticed but a few automobiles scattered around the well maintained but rustic yard. While checking the invitation to verify the date and location, an attractive woman opened the door from the inside to invite them in. She explained the artist was about to start his presentation on the philosophy and history of his paintings.

As they wove their way through the various display cases of local memorabilia they could see a small gathering of people, maybe about a dozen, begin to circle around a man. The man stood near the table with wine, cheese and crackers along with some fruit.

The artist, striking in appearance, began his introduction. Equally appealing was his voice, smooth and rich. Robert Miller III seemed to enjoy sharing his passion for his work.

Standing a little over 6 feet, his captivating features had everyone's attention. Over the next 1/2 hour Mr. Miller explained the nature of his art and the places he had been to create the paintings. He insisted on actually observing his subject while painting it. He also shared how his work was driven by his personal desire to preserve natural history.

As his talk came to a close he invited anyone to speak with him personally with any questions they might have. He also encouraged the small group to mill around and enjoy the various pieces displayed in the gallery.

After studying most of the art, Sam Jensen, a good looking, tall, angular man, sought out the artist. He introduced himself to Mr.. Miller, and the artist responded "May I call you Sam?"

The two men engaged in conversation about their common experiences exploring various rivers in Florida. While they spoke with each other, Victoria Jensen appeared beside her husband completing the triangle that three form when standing close. Sam caught that moment when Robert first looked at his wife. That slight widening of the eyes while at the same moment a change in stance as when a hunter first spies the trophy he has been looking for.

"Mr. Miller, please meet my wife Victoria. She has been a willing adventurer with me on many river explorations." As the two strangers held out and took each other's hands, the slow handshake took just a bit longer that would be expected. Sam noticed. He also noted while in their brief exchange both seemed to enjoy their introduction.

"This is Robert Miller." said Sam.

"Please address me as Robert, Mrs. Jensen."

"Thank you," was all she could get out before one of her friends called her over get her opinion on one of the smaller paintings.

As the mingling continued, a three man, old country band quietly played. Some while later, Sam and Victoria met back at the wine table where Sam refilled his wife's glass.

"Pardon me for intruding but I was hoping I might find you two together." Robert Miller's smooth, mellow voice permeated. "I have been thinking that soon you will be leaving and I will regret not having asked you this question. Mrs. Jensen, You are a uniquely attractive woman. With your husband's approval, I would like to ask you to allow me to capture how I see you on canvas."

There was a pause while Sam and Robert tried to read her face.

"Of course I would waive all my fees. It's just that you remind me of someone I once knew I thought I would never see the likes of again. There's something about you, maybe your hair, I'm not sure, that inspires me."

Victoria glanced over at Sam to try and read his face and saw a look that was calm and neutral. In that moment she evaluated the compliment but decided not to answer, fearing her attraction to the artist might be revealed. She simply said, "I thought your specialty was landscape, but thank you," with a mild blush.

Others approached Robert as Victoria slipped off to join the friends she had arrived with.

Sam stayed talking with Robert and bought a signed print of a flooded cypress head he thought he had been to before.

After another glass of wine the three couples were moving toward their cars with a plan to meet for dinner, when Vee decided to make a restroom visit before leaving. Now as she departed the ladies room, most of the guest had shifted outside. Robert approached her with a smile and told her how much he had enjoyed meeting her.

"Likewise. I really like your work. Thank you for the display," she replied while turning toward the door.

"Mrs. Jensen, Victoria that is, please take my card which has my email address. Possibly you would consider my offer to paint your portrait. If so, please let me know." Victoria took the card, and intentionally broke the gaze from his coffee colored eyes.

"Good night, Mr. Miller." She walked away quickly to join her group outside.

The three couples went on to a local restaurant, then to their respective homes.

That evening while she was putting a few things away and preparing for bed, she came across the card. Her response to seeing the card and the proposition that came with it, was to throw it in the waste can, which she did.

.............

The next morning while Vee was sitting at her makeup dresser, she noticed the card in the top of the basket. It caused her a slight startle as she visualized the man who had given it to her. Something in the background of her thoughts caused her to retrieve the card. She tucked it into the insurance card section if her wallet.

......................

The following Friday evening Sam and Vee were out with one of the same couples (Will & Lynn) for dinner. Discussion of last week's art exhibition developed. Lynn asked Vee what she thought of the artist and his work. Vee's mind instantly replayed the offer he had made and the feeling she had as Robert Miller handed her his business card.

Again something alerted her not to pick up on this topic so she just said she thought he was interesting and enjoyed his art. But she also thought, "What is it about this man that disquiets me?"

........

During the next week Sam was out late one evening, fishing with a couple of his friends.

Vee started her evening finishing up a romance novel she had started a few days earlier. Then she went through the mail. A new insurance card had been sent so she got out her wallet to put it away. There in the little pocket was the business card of The Highwayman, Mr. Robert Miller.

Again her thoughts went back to his smooth voice and confident eyes when he had offered to paint her portrait, and then to his departing request for her to consider his offer. She took the card and began to enter the email address into her laptop. "What am I doing?" She asked herself as she composed a note.

[Mr. Miller

What would it entail to pose for a portrait?

Victoria Jensen.]

With some fear but also a freeing excitement she pressed the send button. Vee went on with her bookkeeping tasks forgetting about the artist until a chime sounded from her computer signaling an incoming message. You have mail!

Vee opened the incoming mail and went tense, seeing that it was a reply from the Highwayman.

["It entails you saying yes and two or three sittings where I can capture you in various light conditions. These could be at times that conveniently fit your calendar. The first could be brief , maybe 30 to 45 minutes just to try a few settings and snap some photos.

I was very glad to hear from you, Mrs. Jensen and I hope you would send me a couple of dates that would work for our initial sitting.

Thank you M'am

Robert Miller"]

She sucked in a breath and felt some foreign excitement. "Oh no. That was quick. Should I respond? What is it about this man that so unnerves me?" She chose to ignore the message. After about another hour of attempted desk work she realized she could not focus. The Highwayman's fascination kept invading her mind. She checked her calendar.

After the send button was finally touched, the note (having been revised several times) simply said,

["Next Thursday Sept 21 at 3:00 pm is available on my calendar."]

Within 5 minutes the chime announced incoming mail.

["That fits perfectly with my schedule. I have set up a new studio in town. It's above the health food store, was previously occupied by a small construction contractor. I will look forward to seeing you at 3:00 pm.

PS. Please wear your hair the way you did at the art exhibit.

Robert"]

Upon reading the last email , Victoria got up and paced the room trying to sort out her excitement or discomfort, she wasn't sure which. She had never modeled for a portrait before. Was that it? Or was there something else that stirred her about the Highwayman?

She poured herself a glass of wine and thought about what she would wear next Thursday. Then she purposed to put the subject out of her head.

.....................

Thursday morning arrived. Vee helped Sam with breakfast. Then he received a long sensuous hug and kiss as she saw him off to work for the day. She wrestled with the thought of telling Sam about her appointment that afternoon but settled with no. If the portrait turned out well she would surprise him with it when it was complete. She had no way of knowing at this point how long it would take so better not to mention it at all.

Around noon, Vee showered, dried her hair. She paid particular attention to her makeup as she continued to fuss with herself as to what to wear.

At 3:11 she arrived at the two story old brick building. The varnished wood steps led to a short dimly lit hallway. Suite 202 was the second and last door on the left. Before she knocked she paced back and forth within the hall trying to gather her courage. This was strange. It was out of character for Vee to feel so unsure of herself. A conflict of anticipating seeing the artist with the seemingly first time thought of "Is this a good idea? I don't really know this man. Should I be meeting him alone?" The latter thought won out and she started toward the stairs. The door to suite 202 opened and out stepped the Highwayman, looking comfortable but nicely dressed in light weight camel colored slacks and a black tee shirt. Startled, Victoria dropped her car keys.

"Mrs. Jensen. I'm glad you are here. I was just coming out to see if I could assist you in finding the studio. Let me get those keys for you," as he stooped down right beside her. Her heart raced as she struggled to regain her composure, hoping that Robert had no idea of the state she was in.

"Sorry I'm a little late. I had a conflict to deal with."

"That's ok. Please come into my studio. I'll show you around if you like."

Seeing Robert's calm nature and hearing his soothing voice began to put her at ease. She mostly dismissed her fear and put on her well known confident, elegant self-possession and walked in the door he held open.

A small dark foyer gave way to a naturally well-lit area with five or six easels with paintings in various stages of completion, and more paintings on the walls. Large tall windows lined one wall of the comfortable room. White sheers gracefully hung in pairs for each of the 5 windows.

Mrs. Jensen, may I call you Victoria?"

"Of course, Mr. Miller."

"Robert, please. May I get you a glass of red wine while you look around?"

"That would be nice. Thank you, Robert."

When he returned from the room she had not yet been in, he carried two glasses of wine. She noticed she was much more at ease now. Something about the lighting, the mood of the place, and that calming voice of his reassured her.

After showing her around the main work room and pointing out a few of his choice works he invited her to enter the smaller room. This room was rich and warm, a corner room with smaller windows in both exterior walls, also lined with sheers but with the addition of roll up blinds that were half way closed. A nice large center rug with a medium brown leather loveseat couch on one side and 1920's era chaise placed where the light from the windows gave a warm glow to the dark violet velvet upholstery. Odd, but inviting and comfy looking. An easel stood near the center of the rug beside a tall no back stool.

About 20 nicely framed paintings, mostly portraits, were displayed. One was a beautiful young black woman. Another was of a very dignified looking older black man. Robert noted her gaze at the two large paintings.

"Allow me to introduce my father, Robert Miller II, and my daughter, Rose."

Victoria compared the skin tone and color of both the portraits with that of Robert. Almost exactly the same chocolate/caramel blend.

"They are wonderful, Robert. Rose is beautiful and your father is quite handsome."

"Thank you, Victoria. I very much enjoyed painting them; but now I'm really looking forward to working with one of the most exquisite ladies I have ever met. If you're ready, we can get started."

"All right. What do I do?"

"Well, as you can see, this is my portrait room, where the other is my landscape studio. I selected this vintage chaise especially to pose you on. Why don't you see if it is comfortable to you."

Victoria casually moseyed over and behind the long footed half chair half couch and felt the soft velvet. As she leaned over the couch, the sun that lit the couch caught and highlighted her silvery hair, accentuated even further by the contrast with her black sun dress.

Robert smiled at the scene in front of him. "Victoria, you and I are going to create a timeless work of art, a masterpiece. You are the type of beauty I have been looking for. We will make music together. Settle in, relax and make yourself comfortable. I'll go get my camera."

She indeed was relaxed when Robert returned. He just started taking random photos as he shifted around the room. He asked her to try to forget the camera and just look around. Most of his pictures were taken from 8 to 12 feet but periodically he would lean in within 3 feet to capture some close ups. After a short time of sipping her wine her anxiety of being photographed numerous times faded.

Robert, an experienced professional, was in no hurry. He began to direct her head direction and tilt. He then asked her to put her feet up on the elongated portion of the chaise, lean back into its curved back and put one arm along the back. He snapped another 25 or more digital photos. By the time he'd finished, he had taken at least 150 pics.

"Victoria, you are a natural. You should consider being a professional model. I have all the photos I need to begin to experiment with setting and lighting now.

"Well thank you, Robert, but I really didn't do anything except sit here. I am not sure why you want to take the time to paint me at all."

"Mrs. Jensen, you don't see yourself through the eyes of an artist. You have a glorious beauty about you that has not been hardened with pride or conceit. It is an unusual blend of class, quiet confidence, dignity, and carefree sexy."

With that, she blushed a little, looking at him through several strands of platinum hair. "My, what a compliment," she laughed, trying to lighten the moment a little.

Robert stepped in close reached out with his right hand, fingers parted like a comb and gently touched his finger tips to the side of her forehead and temple slowly sweeping her hair back away from her face, back to allow it to lay behind her shoulder. The touch was soft and warm, his long dark fingers contrasting her platinum hair.

"Thank you for coming in today, Victoria."

"You can call me Vee, if you'd like."

"Thank you, Vee. He held out his hand to help her up. "I would like that." He then reached around her waist and carefully pulled her in for a short little hug.

She did not encourage or resist.

"Today was mostly to get acquainted, you and I, and to see if you could be comfortable in a studio. I think we will be able to work together quite well. I hope you feel the same?"

"Well, I was a little anxious to begin with. But I enjoyed the tour of your studio. I'm still not understanding what you see in me, but I found myself at ease with being photographed. What is the next step?

"Good. Being honest and free with your expression draws your mature beauty out. I'll go to work to prepare for the next sitting. I'm hoping we can do our next sitting next Thursday at 11:00 am. The late morning light will work very nicely on you. The session will require about 2 hours, during which time I will have lunch catered in. We should be done between 2 and 3 o'clock. Will that work with you, Vee?"

She consulted her phone calendar then responded, "Looks like that will work!"

"Great."

The highwayman escorted Vee through the door to the top of the stairs and watched her descend into the daylight. He focused first on her hair flowing over her copper tan shoulders, then to her slender waist, then to the mesmerizing sway of her perfectly shaped large bottom concealed in the thin black fabric. He could not help but wonder what that would look like exposed!

Vee thought she felt his gaze as she concentrated on not looking back.

..........................

CHAPTER TWO

That afternoon, evening and at unprescribed intervals throughout the week both Victoria and Robert thought about their last meeting.

....................

The next Wednesday afternoon Victoria was alone in her home office working on some real-estate follow up when her thoughts shifted to the next day's appointment at the studio. It suddenly dawned on her she did not ask nor did Robert mention what to wear.

"Maybe I should call? No, maybe email?"

As she pondered, the image of the Highwayman flashed in her mind. She thought of how nice looking he was, medium length tightly curled hair with glints of silver throughout. Strong well proportioned body but not really athletic, swirling dark eyes and high cheek bones. A very well proportioned, symmetrical man with that rich skin, smooth and brown.

She thought, "What in the world am I thinking? Why is my mind going there? Am I interested in a painting, or am I interested the painter? Do I dare to continue to explore that question?" She wondered ..................

"Hmmm?"

Vee snapped herself away from that kind of thinking and quickly banged out the following note.

["Mr. Miller,

I failed to ask you what to wear for our next sitting. Do you have a preference? Also, is tomorrow at 11am still good?

Cockelbur
Cockelbur
10 Followers