The Order Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She loved him.

* * * * *

If Astaroth hadn't seen it himself, he would have never believed it. The small, dank chamber reeked of blood and death. An overturned table rested against the fall wall and littered about it were several instruments designed for torture. "What happened here?"

Botis used his special ability of post-cognition to retell the events that occurred in the chamber. "Nyx had the woman." He smiled at the various methods of torture used but then frowned as he said, "He hesitated to kill her."

Astaroth clenched his fists as he asked, "Why?" Two demons had been sent after her and neither one of them bothered to complete the tasks they were sent to do. "What happened?"

"Andraemalek was here. They battled."

"That explains the remains of Nyx's body."

"The Belial demon took the human away. She still lives."

Astaroth walked further into the room, enraged by the turn of events. He'd sent the best two assassins known after one mere human. One had turned and the other wasn't a capable killer.

"We must take matters into our own hands." Botis knew that the Belial was not to be trusted. The human should have been killed by one of them. "No other assassin can be sent."

Astaroth knew that his commander was right; there were no other demons strong enough to defeat the half breed, especially if he enlisted the help of The Brethren. If the demon realm was to be protected, the human had to die. "We must separate him from the woman."

"He will not leave her side until he is sure she is safe, my liege."

Astaroth nodded in agreement as he said, "But Andraemalek needs answers and he is stupid enough to leave her alone while he searches for them."

Botis felt the thrill of anticipation run through his veins at the prospect of fighting. For centuries, The Order of Zebulon enlisted the aid of demons to carry out their will. It kept the organization clean, especially if the demon failed. Now, they'd be able to get their hands dirty. "What do you suggest?"

"Send the Vartek."

"But my liege, we've just deci-"

Astaroth held his hand up for silence as he said, "Not for the human." The Vartek were an exclusive group of hunters, known for their extremely inventive methods of persuasion. "We do not want them to kill Andraemalek, simply weaken him enough to have him sent to us."

"And then we have him tell us where she is."

"A good plan, but not what I had in mind." Astaroth folded his arms behind his back as he walked out of the chamber. He wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of the Vartek before. The band of demons was always more than ready to work for him. "We send them all."

"I thought you wanted the demon alive." Botis followed after his leader as he spoke. The Vartek's numbers were close to three hundred. There was no way any demon could survive them all.

"You underestimate Andraemalek's power if you think that three hundred Vartek have what it takes to defeat him. They will weaken him enough to have him brought here."

"We could simply summon him again," Botis suggested.

"I want him weak, not angry and defensive. Send them all and call me when he arrives."

12