Black Alexis Dominates White Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With the loan money, I began to think that maybe I could try again and find the right person to help manage the business.

I certainly did not have the courage to fire anyone.

Rather, I thought that maybe one of the 30 applicants I had interviewed from the previous year were still available and could help. It was a desperate move on my part considering the extremely unsuccessful hires I had that previous year.

I went about contacting many of them anyway.

None of them wanted the job at the salary I could offer, or could afford to pay them by then. Others had gone onto different positions and were already settled and happy.

I kept thinking about ways to recover.

For what seemed like the one hundreth time, I thought that this would be the end of it all. I would end up just cutting my losses and then move on.

I convinced myself that if I couldn't make the business work by the end of that year, I would just give up and simply close the business. I would sell my house in an even worse market and move back to Oslo with my family.

"Perhaps, this would be best?" I thought.

I wondered if I could take a break from it all for about a year and live off the sale of the house minus all my debts. But, at this particular time my debts were beginning to outweigh any money I could have made.

I remember thinking that I had made so many poor decisions in nearly two years. I felt that I was not really cut out for the business world. My efforts had not made things better, only worse. And, the harder I tried the worse things seemed to get.

In another desperate attempt, I even increased the salaries of my 7 white female employees by ten percent. I had hoped this would spur them on to do better.

But, that was another strategy that didn't work.

That is when Alexis Barron walked into our office.

Alexis was a very small and very petite african-american woman who was had just barely turned 18.

She was an astonishingly attractive young black woman with a model-like face and an incredible bikini model's figure that makes every woman around her look and feel less attractive.

Her frame was unusually petite, yet ample and shapely with a trim waist and moderately large breasts for her small size.

Alexis is 4'11" tall and 95 lbs. with a 32c-21-33 figure.

One can easily see that her body was so obviously well-toned and femininely-athletic. I would later discover that this came from her many years in gymnastics, ballet, cheerleading and modern dance. Her body seemed so strong and powerful for her petite size. Yet, it was exceptionally feminine. Her complexion was one of those absolutely flawless ones that ever woman dreams of.

Alexis Barron's medium to mocha brown skin tone captured her african-american and brazilian ancestry.

When I first saw her, it truly felt like I was looking at Halle Berry's younger and slightly-darker teenaged sister.

Words can hardly describe her beauty.

Alexis was, and is, a truly a stunning young woman. Her youthful appearance made her look as if she was much younger than her real age.

Now, she was standing there at the front desk of our lobby asking to see me.

My receptionist, Meghan, had called me to the front that day.

When I finally emerged from my office in the back I saw her standing there. I was more than a bit confused by her presence.

She seemed quite irritated by the fact that I had to make her wait for the 5 minutes that it took for me to finish my call and walk out to the front lobby.

In her hand, she was holding the same newspaper ad that I had placed the year before.

She asked if we were still looking for ambitious and driven people, as the ad stated. She extended her hand towards me and handed me a half-crumpled piece of paper.

Confused, I took the newspaper clipping from her hand and looked it over.

The ad clearly stated that I was looking for experience in the industry as well as "ambitious and driven" individuals. But, for some reason I did not mention that.

"This ad was from almost a year ago." I said.

"What made you come in for an interview today?" I asked pleasantly, in one of my softest whispers.

Her incredibly-beautiful face was already very stern and she seemed to become even more disturbed by that question.

I could not understand why.

At 6'1" tall, and in my 4 inch designer heels, I quite literally "towered" above this much smaller 4' 11" tall black woman.

Yet, for some reason I still felt intimidated.

Although she seemed so petite and fragile, and she was considerably smaller and younger than I was, she exuded such confidence. I was freezing up around her.

Alexis had these very serious and captivating, yet piercing eyes that looked directly into mine.

I just looked back at her meekly as she began to speak again.

"I called. I was told by the receptionist a year ago that I was too young for the job." She stated.

Timidly, I asked this very young-looking black woman what her age was now. She paused for a moment, then she finally told me.

"I'm 18." she said.

"Well, okay then." I stammered.

My eyes looked back down to the old advertisement that I had placed the year before as I contemplated what my next move would be.

There was a short and uncomfortable pause.

"I will remind you that asking my age is considered a form discrimination." Alexis boldly stated.

"Reminded me?" I thought to myself.

"I really had no clue about things like that. None, whatsoever!" I continued thinking.

I looked back down into this young, black woman's eyes once again. For a moment, I was unsure of what to say or do. It was as if she was swallowing my entire self-esteem, or what little of it I possessed.

"W-Well, we don't discriminate around here." I said, softly and in passing.

"I would hope not." Alexis abruptly returned.

I glanced down to Meghan, the receptionist, who remained sitting there at the front desk. My eyes briefly met hers and I'm sure she could tell that I was beginning to feel worried and concerned.

Meghan simply looked back down to the papers on her desk.

Once again, I looked back to the young black woman, who remained standing before me. She seemed even more impatient now.

"Pl-Please accept my apology for that." I quietly said.

I found myself stuttering.

Alexis was smartly-dressed. She wore a very short, but professional black skirt with a crisp, white blouse. She wore coffee-brown stockings or pantyhose that matched her skin tone, and the 4 inch black stilletto pumps she adorned matched her tight, black linen skirt.

Although I did not know what to do next in this type of situation, I began thinking about what my late husband would do.

Then, I remembered something he once told me about referrals. He used the term "courtesy interview" and made a reference to always "honoring an interview."

Back then, I remembered asking him what that meant. He described it as giving a person a quick interview with no intention of hiring them.

For some reason, that was the first thing that actually entered my mind.

I was quite nervous.

I graciously asked Alexis Barron to come into my office so we could talk. To me, this was going to be one of those "courtesy interviews" that I was suddenly remembering.

At the time, I knew that I couldn't afford another clerical salary with the way things were going.

I needed a manager.

But, I decided to run through the steps of the interview anyway and then hold out for a more experienced person.

As I escorted the young black woman through the front office lobby and back to where my office, I could feel many eyes curiously upon us. I could even see the other seven older white women looking over their shoulders towards us.

From a distance, I am sure they were wondering why I would even waste my time on interviewing such a young, black woman in the first place, especially one with no experience and one that I had no intention of hiring.

"Afterall, this was an all-white office. Wasn't it?" I'm sure they thought.

Trying to be this figure of authority had already become so overwhelming for me. Everyone looking to me for answers that I didn't have was putting a lot of pressure on me. I think that I cared more about their opinions than I should have.

I invited Alexis into my office and she took a seat at my side desk chair. This was the chair that I used for talking to my employees and going over reports. It was just off to the back left corner of my desk closest to my own chair.

Alexis handed me her resume as we sat down. I quickly looked it over and thought to myself that it was quite impressive.

Alexis Barron had just turned 18, yet she had already completed 2 years of college! She had exceptionally good grades and was involved in two outside junior professional organizations.

Both organizations were ethnically-oriented organizations - The Young Black Businesswomen of America Organization and The Future Black Female Leaders Organization.

Her resume revealed that she was a Committee member with both of these organizations.

As Alexis sat in this little chair off to the left side of my desk, I was still thinking of ways to move through the interview quickly. I continued to peruse her resume and began feeling even more intimdated and even outclassed.

She was amazingly bright with a near perfect grade point average, and in some of the most difficult business courses I ever knew.

Her extracurricular activities included gymnastics, ballet, modern dance, cheerleading and a myriad of other business-related groups.

I began thinking about how I had barely squeaked by with a 2.6 GPA in much easier coursework, yet I was still able to earn degrees in areas that were not nearly as impressive.

I also didn't have any activities outside of school, either.

Meekly, I apologized to Alexis again.

I was apologizing to her for not being taken seriously on the phone a year ago. I didn't know why I found myself apologizing to this much younger black woman so many times that day.

I could easily see that look of impatience beginning to resurface on her beautiful face. It was the same look she had shown in the front lobby. It was a look of impatience and obvious discontent.

It was as if she knew that I was stalling, again. I had this feeling that made me start to rush right through the interview. I began asking her simple, mindless and general questions about her future and the courses she enjoyed taking in school.

Admittedly, they were mindless questions. I had not put a lot of effort into thinking about what I should say to her, or what to ask.

That is when Alexis sternly interupted.

"Listen. Are these really the questions you need to know?" she began.

She paused as her voice grew a level firmer.

"If you have no intention of hiring me and saving your failing business then just say so!" She said.

"I don't have time for this bullshit." She snapped.

Nervously, I apologized to her.

I'm sure my face was red from embarrassment as I finally confessed to her that my business wasn't doing very well.

I told Alexis that I was still considering closing it by the end of the year, which was now less than seven months away. I explained that I didn't think there would be a future here at the company for someone like her, or anyone else for that matter.

There was a very long, uncomfortable silence right after I defeatedly confessed my failures.

My eyes were down on my desk and I finally glanced up so see the the younger black girl's mind running through what seemed to be a wide range of scenerios.

I remained as quiet as a lamb as my cheeks felt flushed. My face felt like it was getting more and more red by the second.

"Listen!" she began.

"I really don't care about what you think might happen. I need a job and I need one now!" she said.

Honestly, her confidence and boldness intimidated me.

"I'm smart. I don't accept failure and I am good at whatever it is I choose to do." she continued.

He tone was one of supreme confidence.

I became speechless as she seemed to be studying me a little closer.

Alexis continued to speak as I simply sat there motionless and quiet.

She went on to tell me that she would not be able to continue her education without a job. She stated that because she was black and very young there weren't as many opportunities out there for her.

Then, her attitude changed.

Unbelieveably, she began to tell me that the biggest problem I had with my business was that it was "too white."

I was startled by this sudden change in her voice.

She said that a black woman, like her, would make all the difference in the world.

I just listened, astonished and nearly insulted by what I was hearing, then I spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I-I don't think race has anything to do with ..." I began to say.

Alexis interupted.

"We'll see." she said.

Alexis went on to tell me that if I truly felt my business was going to fail then I had nothing to lose. She said it wouldn't matter. She then told me that I had an attitude of defeat and needed to make a change.

After listening, I felt as if I should ask another question.

"So, do you feel you would be an asset to this company then?" I asked.

I admit my response was a rather mindless and robotic one.

My dumb question appeared to insult her. She did not honor my question with an answer at all.

She paused, then began speaking again.

"Like I said, whatever I choose to do I will succeed." she stated.

The young black woman's tone remained firm.

My mind became a blur. She seemed so confident. She was so bold. Her assertiveness was very overwhelming and even intimidating, but it was also very convincing.

It was the manner in which she spoke that completely and totally mesmorised me. I don't know why. It just did.

As I thought about it I was still thinking that there was no way I can hire this much younger black woman. I just couldn't afford her. But, I also did not have the backbone to stand up to her and tell her that.

There was no way I could at that moment.

Somehow, I just blurted out another mindless response.

I asked Alexis if she could take 400 dollars a week as a salary and then we could go from there.

Deep down, I knew that all 7 other women in my office were making salaries of somewhere between 52,000 and 55,000 dollars annually.

Still, I offered the insulting salary to her. I did not know where this offer came from and I was almost confused by what I had just done.

Perhaps, I thought this young woman would take less money to start because that was all I had. Maybe, it was all that I was willing to lose at the time, on top of all my other losses?

I'm really not sure what I was thinking.

The stern face of this beautiful girl was making me feel much more uncomfortable as she thought about the weak and insulting offer I made to her.

She scowled a bit. Then, she accepted.

I was actually shocked by her acceptance.

Looking back, I now believe that Alexis knew exactly what she was doing. She must have known that I was unconsciously putting out such an insulting offer to dissuade her. Maybe, unconsciously I knew it would be an offer that she would never accept, or one that she would instantly refuse.

But, maybe she also knew that it was an offer that I would be unprepared to take back.

Nevertheless, Alexis Barron accepted the offer.

It was a Thursday around mid day during this interview and I told her that she could start the following Monday, if she wanted to.

Again, I was shocked by her response.

"Tomorrow!" she snapped.

"Wh-what?" I timidly asked.

"I said tomorrow." she repeated.

I looked at her confused.

I listened as she explained that there was no time to waste if things were going to change around here. Her increasingly abrupt tone gave me chills, and an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness that I can hardly describe.

She went on to tell me more about my poor attitude. She almost berated me on the reasons why this business was failing, and would ultimately fail if things didn't change.

She told me that being proactive is the only solution for this company. And, only a black woman could make this happen for us.

I had no words.

It was as if I was being scolded by her - scolded for my failures and for being white. I kept wondering if her purpose was to insult me because she obviously was doing just that.

Timidly, I simply absorbed the advice from her and just nodded.

She was probably right, although I felt embarrassed by being 40 at the time and listening to the advice of an 18 year old black woman.

"Well, okay." I finally stuttered meekly.

I simply gave in.

The teenaged african-american woman looked directly into my eyes for what felt like an eternity. Her stare lasted a few extra seconds longer than I felt comfortable with. Then, without further hesitation, she stood up and turned on her heels with the precision of a ballerina, and walked right out of my office.

She never once looked back.

I watched from my office window as Alexis Barron strutted right past everyone before heading out into the main office area, and through the front door.

She didn't say a single word. Nor, did she look at anyone else in the office. She boldly and smoothly walked past them without any concern.

I didn't know if what I had just done was a huge mistake, or not. Not then. Perhaps, I was desperate?

Maybe I was just too afraid to say no to someone like her.

Whichever reason it was, I would soon discover that this was just a mere glimpse of how my life would soon change.

That next day was a Friday.

I arrived at 8:15 that morning, which was a little later than my usual 8 o'clock start time. I had overslept and wasn't exactly in a rush to get to the office that day. I suppose that I still felt more than a bit nervous about my failing business, and my motivation continued to be in it's usual free fall status.

As I walked through the front door of my office I could see the befuddled looks on the faces of my older, all-white female staff. I spoke my usual morning greetings, but they were all very quiet and peering towards my office from the corners of their eyes.

Alexis was already there.

She was sitting in the same chair off to the side of my desk where I had interviewed her just the day before. She sat there with her right leg crossed and hanging over her left one, dangling one of her 4 inched stilletto black pumps from the very tips of her stockinged toes. Her right leg swung slowly, freely and gracefully as if she were waiting for a train.

Oddly enough, she was wearing exactly the same outfit that she wore from yesterday's interview.

As I entered my office, the teenaged black woman looked at her watch and asked me if I was running late.

"Well, yes. Yes I am." I said.

"How did you know?" I asked, inquisitively.

She didn't smile or speak lightly.

"I asked." She said, simply.

"Oh, Okay." I replied.

I had never been questioned about my time in or out of the office before. I had always put in my 40 hours a week.

"Afterall, it was my business. Wasn't it?" I thought.

I felt a wave of disrespect from that very first day, and in that very first moment of her very first day working for me.

It startled me.

Nevertheless, I tried ignoring her mildly rude comment and escorted Alexis to one of the desk cubicles in the middle of the open office area.

The office consisted of 3 glass door offices in my one-story building. I was the only person using one of the private officed. It was, by far, the largest of the three and the one my late husband once vacated - The Company President's office.