All Comments on 'Bloom'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

yes, it's more expensive, but a Gibson Les Paul is heavier, thus a better weapon. Automatic weapons are also efficient.

Paiger123Paiger123over 2 years ago

Such a beautiful, well developed story about a real woman who finds herself.

AZTT2AZTT2over 2 years ago

Great, well crafted story.

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Lovely charactes and lovely writing.

Droopy615Droopy615over 2 years ago

I know it’s a rarity on this site, but I really liked the inclusion of Millie (who I read a asexual). There are many of us who really enjoy erotica as opposed to in person sex. Great story!

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 2 years ago

I love your stories. They are so realistic and engaging for the reader. I also love the inclusion of the Australian colloquial phrases. It definitely adds to the realism of the story. Thank you for sharing your passion and talent.

VuvuzelaMusicVuvuzelaMusicover 2 years ago

Thank you for writing and posting this lovely story. I have enjoyed all of your work and appreciate you posting g them here.

The idea of leaving a job to start a business is scary financially, as it would be anywhere. But as an American, that means medical insurance too, which is terrifying to me. Jealous of places where that’s not an issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Women (and some men) living their own lives their way, not doing what other people expect of them. All looking out for each other. Still forming relationships, but as equals, as it should be. If only everybody really was like this. But too many people have the desire to control others, like Travis and Josh.

OmenainenOmenainenover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Excellent, excellent writing. Beautiful imagery. I seriously loved the inclusion of pink orchids in the storyline. Thank you so much for participating in my event!

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks to those who’ve read, voted and commented. Thanks Omenainen for creating the event, sewing the seed for Annabelle's story to bloom.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Top story, good people fighting off the self obsessed to make a better life for themselves - always going to be a winner for me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved your story. It was nice to read a well spelled and punctuated tale. Took me a bit to figure out where the action was taking place but I managed to get it right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story as usual. Really like the inclusion of Isobel from ‘When we were young.’ Please keep writing more

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonalmost 2 years ago

Thank you TFF for pointing me towards this story after having read When We Were Young. I found it slow paced (not necessarily a bad thing) and immaculately written with characters that feel authentic. I liked that the romance was only a small part of Anabelle taking control of her life. I'd rather that than pages of purple prose. Now I'm going to explore the rest of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. There’s one issue that seemed a bit incongruous: AB was obviously struggling financially having to work at the real estate office but suddenly quit to start a business. Where did that money come from?

ThefirefliesThefirefliesalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Good observation, anon, re. Annabelle's finances. Though likely over simplified for story telling purposes, I did consider the point you make when writing, perhaps in my attempt to show and not tell fell a little flat. Despite the coercive nature of her marriage, Annabelle considers her family’s previously wealthy lifestyle, particularly how it impacted her children, given their sudden change in situation. Her children still have plenty of toys, computers and musical instruments, things they can’t buy anymore. However, Annabelle also reveals there was money left to her after her husband’s court case. Though she moved away from her past, at the beginning she is attempting to start from scratch in the only industry she’d known, real estate, while supplementing her income with money from the weekend market. When Millie gets a job she reveals Annabelle plans to take "too much in rent" (some parents charge their children rent, if only to teach responsibility), thus taking a small amount of financial pressure off Annabelle. Even before she goes into business she’s begun to pick up contracts for flowers, like the wedding she supplies etc, and is preparing several orders she needs to ship before she even opens the shop. Most of what she sells in the shop is what she already sells at the market, including her own art. Felix donates and installs his coffee machine plus takes time to teach Annabelle how to make barista coffee. Not to mention business advice (recall how at the market he teaches Isaac to “know the value of your work”). The shop is revealed to have previously been a restaurant and before that a corner store “way back”, but there are also few comments from both Louise and Felix on how Annabelle “worked hard” to get the shop to the state it’s in, hinting it wasn’t in the best shape, so rent is likely cheap. Oh, and Annabelle has only one employee: herself.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

A perfect BloomingTale ….. not sure, but i have this uncomfortable feeling it’s a worldwide standard, that women with kids after a separation having the A-Card …. If they are lucky the other part may pay some “little” money, but the women needing a bigger apartment, more food for the little family, more clothing, more of everything, so they have to work harder longer ….. social balancing …… this was fortunately a lovely romantic tale and happily with another happy end ….. wonderful

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💫💫💫💫💫✨✨✨✨✨🍀

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Marvelous story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Engaging story, so far [p 3]

BTW...the back part of your foot is your heel.

Heal is how your recover from an injury or illness.

Not your only story with this particular homophone.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...

SIMILAR Stories