All Comments on 'Can't Believe How Fast It Happened'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 424 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice wind up

but where's the pitch?

This is like a hot gropefest of a date ending with a kiss on the cheek.

I know you can do better, ohio

SpottedDog2018SpottedDog2018about 4 years ago
Love that good old Buckeye Burn The Birch/Bastard

I notice a high percentage of these loving wives affairs happen to educators or doctors, but this is like the fifth or sixth story I've read that has graduates of THE Ohio State University and I am just wondering what's going on in Columbus that is making these people so high octane horny? Maybe it's all that extra testosterone that they have that explains why the Wolverines can't beat OSU? Anyways, if I find out any woman that I am interested in is from Ohio I'm losing her phone number and going incognito.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 4 years ago

Excellent story! Short and to the point. Great having you write stories again!.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 4 years ago
Needs to be finished

I enjoyed the story, but it needs to be finished. What happens next, and for a couple of years down the road...

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 4 years ago
No bra lines and he immediately suspects she’s cheating on him?

But she has zero idea? Sorry, don’t buy it.

And the courts take a dim view of husbands who run off on their legal obligations to their wife and children.

All in all, not the best you’ve written but not the worst either.

jakie1jakie1about 4 years ago
rest of story?

Is this part 1, I hope.

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Very good build-up for the main chapter. Keep going.

TnexTnexabout 4 years ago
Keep going

A sequel would be great. I hope Ohio or someone else picks it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Needs to be finished

3 stars . Good but need the after math

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

The confrontation with the cheating wife and the aftermath as he burns her in the divorce are the best part, not the amateur sleuthing to discover the betrayal.

This was like a page of foreplay with no climax!

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Another good story, Ohio. Please keep 'em coming.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 4 years ago
Something is missing

I want to say resolution is missing but I can handle the fact that he just cut ties and walked away. Lord knows I would do the same thing. But after it all, I feel something is missing that tells me, "it's done."

His actions and thoughts were explained clearly and I can respect them. But I still feel like something is missing.

But then again, it's 5am, I haven't had any coffee yet and I'm getting a little reading in before I start work so my comprehension isn't what it should be.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Solid story

The point being it really doesn't matter what the reason / excuse is, she cheated. Well explained in a good short tale. Thanks 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

LAZY!!!! Finish the goddamn story!

taylorsamtaylorsamabout 4 years ago

Good story, I enjoyed it. I agree that chapter 2 would be great. Seeing it from her perspective.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Welcome back

Hopefully that's not the end. Chapter two?

rlmdadrlmdadabout 4 years ago
Part 2?

This really needs a chapter 2/part 2/followup that expands on the wife's consequences and revenge on her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
{{{YAWN}}}

Not up to your usual standards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Please finish the story - great start

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Welcome back! We’ve missed the contributions of the representative of the great state of ohio. I hope this short story is just a brief reintroduction that will lead to more regular contributions.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago

Ohio is the man! It is such a pleasure to read a new story from the master. I really liked the story. I love how he became suspicious because of the lack of lines. It is very believable. If you see something every day and suddenly it is not there, something is different. I also agree that there was nothing left to say. Readers want the pleasure of hearing the wife suffer and cry, but I wouldn't want to listen to it if it happened to me. It would simply make me more angry. No fag cuck shit here and Ohio is the gold standard for fag cuck shit! No one gets the emotions flowing like Ohio!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Keep it coming

As always Ohio a great story. Please keep it going. There is so much more to say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Poorly thought out.

Sorry didn't work clever idea but not thought out properly.Shame as I love your storiesand you are very talented.Three stars from me.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 4 years ago
Interesting POV

Whackdoodle doesn't understand the law, obviously. The children are off at College/University and are at least 18 yrs old. Adults. No LEGAL responsibilities for them. Nor for his Wife. Of course, he has moral responsibilities for his kids but he seems to be in good contact with them so probably won't be an issue.

My only point re this situation is that he has taken a cowards way out, thus far. He will have to confront her at some stage, even if it is 5 weeks later. (after his paid leave). It is ridiculous that he would permanently walk away from their home from a financial view. So, if divorce, then all the financial issues would be sorted out.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Welcome Home Ohio

It’s great reading a new offering from you. Thanks. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Just enough and nothing extra!

You did a fine job revealing the duplicity, the multiple personalities, of a cheater. How they compartmentalize their life into home and cheat is really beyond me, but I think you captured it nicely. Sounds like the kids were raised right and will take his side. Foolish woman. Good job and you told it in an interesting way - 8500 days?

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

I meant finish the story. I normally love your stories and this was going that way until it just ended.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years ago
An interesting story

In reality, as in this story, it's often the tiny clue that the cheating spouse overlooks that messes them up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why does every guy run?

Talk about wimps: his wife is having an affair and he doesn't confront either his wife or the other guy?

I don't see how not having any self respect entitles anyone to respect from others...

Real man response: "dear, fuck you and 'teddy' here's a sucker punch. Have a nice life..." Then you hash out the fall out. THEN maybe you take a vaca.

llyfrllyfrabout 4 years ago
Ok good start

Needs to be finished

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Whackdoodle second time today you are on the wrong side

What obligation is he not meeting? His kids are in college. They are not babies. His wife is a whore. It doesn’t matter how he found out only that he did. He owes her nothing. Why are you on the side of the cheaters. Good short story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I have no problem with the sorta non-ending. It's perfectly obvious he's going to divorce her, the gory details really don't matter. From the conversation, Teddy apparently has a big cock, I would assume that was the attraction.

@Whackdoodle - It was a perfectly rational assumption. She ALWAYS has deep bra lines from wearing the bra all day, and suddenly doesn't, with no logical reason why she obviously HADN'T been wearing it all day.

As far as his "obligations" go, his kids are in college, essentially on their own, with no indication that he's not meeting his financial obligations there, and it's perfectly this isn't one of those stories where he's pulling a runner, he just got away for a bit to get his head together, and will be going back reasonably soon.

tizwickytizwickyabout 4 years ago

A good beginning a rushed middle and no end. A very incomplete story as a one off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He's Back

Glad to see you posting stories again.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 4 years ago
Whackadoodle

No Bra lines and lying about it made him suspicious. finding out by listening to her phone conversation was the Nail in the Coffin. besides if she is so Happy to get his "log" she should be extremely happy now she will get 50%. Not bad for a Older Woman looking to Up Grade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Missing Person Report?

The wife didn't think to file a missing person report?

BTW, 1*. People who derive pleasure from reading btb stories at the very least have anger management issues, and I suspect their self-righteousness is not confined to their romantic relationships.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 4 years ago
Hm

I can’t describe the surge of joy I felt when I saw you had a new story. This feels oddly underwritten and incomplete, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Too short

You left too many loose ends. Need another chapter to tell us how it all ends for him and the family.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 4 years ago
Half a story

Always half a story with Ohio. The hardest part is an ending.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 4 years ago
INTERESTING STORY

Another cheating story, another destroyed marriage. Anything unusual can create a doubt in a relationship. Sometimes there are clues we'd ignored, but then something calls your attention and unfortunately, the tape recorder confirmed the suspicion. Pain, hurt, disappointment and anger ensue, and he goes to comforting grounds; his parents. Just to think, recoup and decide objectively what to do, away from excuses, recriminations and mistrust. Bottom line, she is no longer trustworthy and she's schemer, and lies likes the best. Now come the difficult task of moving on, alone. It's sad when relationships are destroyed, but shit happens. Perhaps there is a second part, perhaps not.The end is suggested; a divorce since the trust is broken and the affair an ongoing thing. I like this writer and the story, so I gave him 5*.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Appreciate a new Ohio story

A second chapter from the wife's viewpoint that progressed a bit further into time would be appropriate. Also, does the husband retire or get a different job or go back to the hometown? One day at a time...

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Poorly written, bad concept and needs an ending

WFT? Why did you even bother?

amyyumamyyumabout 4 years ago
Contrary to what Whackadoodle says

(his name is very descriptive, by the way), not seeing bra lines under the circumstances was an entirely reasonable way to suspect -- and novel. I like novel scenarios, and definitive people, in stories. 5* from me.

MikenkansasMikenkansasabout 4 years ago
Good

Some of your stuff I just can't do but this I like.

Just like a dog licking his balls, she fucked around because she could..time to move on down the line.

looking4itlooking4itabout 4 years ago

Well, we don't know the end of the story, nor do we know the other side of the story, and I don't think it would serve your goal as the author by trying to write either. I personally don't like stories that have holes but I think I understand where you were going with the plot and I hope that you will stick with your original thought and leave it as is, short and sweet and to the point. In all honesty, nothing would change what you've written by offering more so more information would actually detract from the purpose.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Some have complained that . . .

. . . this story has no real ending, but really, the open road theme kind of pushes that; it’s a notion that leaves guys out on the road without having answers, heading for a new life.

I thought it was a good story.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Interesting

I liked it, although I would have like it better if it covered his wife's reaction. Room for another chapter?

imhaplessimhaplessabout 4 years ago
Entertaining

Need I say more? 5*

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Satisfying

@ anonymous who commented "No confrontation. No Judge. No counseling. No splitting of the assets." Why are you asking for what is in every other LW story - you already know what happens there. It's always the same! So why do you need to read it in this one? How about this: he confronts her, and it ends up with her crying how much she loves him. He leaves. The judge orders councilling. She can't explain why she did it, but she loves him. They get divorced with a 50/50 split which she can't afford.

That's what always happens, so why do you need to see it copy/pasted into every story, unless there's a massive surprise?

When the story is done, it's done. The broad strokes you can fill in yourself if you need to.

This was good, and ended fine.

Thank you, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What legal obligations?

Whackadoodle- the kids are a sophomore and junior in college, so both over 18. What legal obligations does he have to them or his wife that he is running out on?

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Next?

This can’t be the total story. You wouldn’t leave your readers hanging in mid level with an unfinished story. Would you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I liked it .

The story was complete , after a fashion , but not the way we like it here in Loving Wives .

Give us at least another page and then we can praise / condemn you properly accordingly .

muskyboymuskyboyabout 4 years ago

??? that is it? No ending? I sure hope there are more chapter's coming

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 4 years ago
Great!

A beautifully constructed story from one of the masters of the genre. Wonderful, very believable dialogue and characterization with emotional depth--I hope to see many more stories in the future.

LH

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 4 years ago

We need an epilogue! I just love Ohio’s work and I thought the bra line suspicion was plausible and unique. Unlike Whackadoodle’s comment, he isn’t a prisoner to her and he isn’t neglecting children by leaving. I’d love to read a follow up and learn how badly Teddy and the wife get burned.

dc6370dc6370about 4 years ago
You can't do this to us!

Maybe you wrote this for my brother in law who lives in Parma, regardless, please tell the rest of the story! Pretty please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finish the story please

I liked the story, but I'm curious to hear the rest of he story: what Jenna does and the grief she goes thru for the problem she has caused, etc.

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
Running out on his "legal obligations?

He's only been gone for six days by the end of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good

Well done but unfinished as it was left.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 4 years ago

I look forward to the mental anxiety to be endured by the slut and man slut

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
I often think there is a big difference between knowing and seeing.

Hearing is almost as bad as seeing. You see or hear, you know not only the act but the attitude as well, and there is very little going back. Love is dead and you leave. I'd love to know why she did it, but in the long run it does not matter. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good srory

Right up to ending when you just stopped.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
Whackdoodle didn't you read the story

His kids are in college, and the courts don't praise cheating sluts either. He has her own words that can be used against her. As far as the courts, has he filed anything? No he broke camp and there isn;t a law that says you have to live with your wife.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 4 years ago
Extremely Good 1/2 of a Story

I suppose if there's a Part 2, this could be great. Still, a good beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Efficient, straight to the truth

Don't be worried by the "law" as marital law is a farce and unjust. The judges and lawyers should be incarcerated in concentration camps along with politicians lead by Trump.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Tease

Finally, another story from the inimitable Ohio and it's a short tease. It's great, but just enough to make me want more. I hope this is just chapter one.

imanononeimanononeabout 4 years ago
Could have been better

I would have liked hearing the wife's story. To me that is the biggest part of an LW story so when it is omitted it feels incomplete. Otherwise, typically well written Ohio story.

anon.1

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
Too short

While it laid out the facts,you want at the end to see the end result,what happens to him,what the kids do.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Great Story! Could use a follow up.

jakie1jakie1about 4 years ago
Please finish!

Always have enjoyed your stories, you have always been one of the best, please continue and finish this story. Thanks, keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finish it

Needs finished. Please.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 4 years ago

FTDS!

Gave you a 4 on this one, only because you chose not to end it. Yes, I know—you leave it up to the reader to finish, but my endings are never as good as yours.

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 4 years ago
Short and sweet!

I've missed your writing, Ohio. Welcome back! Please keep writing.

5 stars,btw.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago
No end

This is unfinished

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374about 4 years ago
Say what?

Since I started reading loving wives stories I found your material to be about the best, maybe a few too many reconciliations but OK anyway.

And now this!

What were you thinking? One of three things must be happening. One, there's a part two coming, for which a great many people will be filled with gratitude. Two, as this was an invitational you felt obligated to do something, and just slapped this together. Third, you're older now and suffering from dementia.

Though it started well it was basically a downer. Think of it this way. "Gone with the Wind" ends at the halfway point with Scarlett standing alone in a field shouting, "I'll never eat radishes again, I swear I'll never eat radishes again."

I'm hoping. Maybe it was all a mistake. Maybe Jenny was talking to the proprietor of the Ohio zoo, and she was worried about the Pandas.

The least he could've done was get up on the table and pee on the dinner.

First Born

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Endings

Really enjoyed the story but it really needs an ending or a better place to leave it

Gave it a 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Ohio is an excellent writer, and is great at stirring emotions. This definitely left me wanting more, but I enjoyed what was there. At least this ending was more enjoyable than the better than even odds you get of an unsatisfying RAAC ending from Ohio's stories.

Thank you for sharing your talent again.

Cog

WvrjjrWvrjjrabout 4 years ago
FTDS (but he is AOL)?

This deserves a real ending and our go to ending guy is gone (last see 2016). As seasoned as you are I believe you know what must be done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No ending empty story

To finish like that with no ending cop out. Total lazy garbage what a waste of time.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 4 years ago
'Thought about it for a while...

And, yeah, I originally agreed with the Peanut gallery that this was a good, yet unfinished work.

The thing is, given the MC's overall attitude on the marriage status (it's completely over, and only need the dissolution to be made legal) the best way to make a sequel out of this would be through Jenna's perspective... and, honestly, who the fuck want to read anything this worthless skank has to said!? Sure, we probably would get a proper ending out of her, but we would also get her reasoning behind the adultery (ouach), her pathetic pleadings to both Mike and the rest of her family (*barf*), and a whole lot of 'poor-me' at the end of it all, after it finally damned on her that Teddy may have been a great lover, but he's also a philandering asshole, which makes him a terrible life partner, making her decision to step out of her loving husband all the more stupid...

I mean, we've read such stories before. I don't know for the rest of you, but it never made me the least bit sorry for the woman who told it. So what would be the point?

So yeah - this undeniable non-ending, as it is, is good enough for me, basically because the MC made it crystal clear that this was the end for him. Anything else would be filler... although, it's always nice to read about the cheating wife's reaction to learning that her ex moved on with someone's else. Ah well - still a good one. Thanks for the share.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
What?

I normally love your stories. While I don't normally read 1 page stories, I read yours because you are such a good writer. But this one was way too short, no character development whatsoever, and a weak plot at best. Perhaps it's me. I like to discover the characters that led to the cracks in the relationship, and I love a good BTB. But you disappointed me...for the first time. Sorry..1 star. When I got to the end I concluded that you must have rushed because you had something else to do.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Hmmm ... are we sure this is really ohio? If, as I believe, the core of LW centers on the change in marital relationship caused by Sweetie’s adventurous behavior, this offering is marginal. Hubby finds out and boogies to Mom & Dad without any interaction with the slut! Unless this is one of several chapters (but no Ch1 nor TBС) then it fails to meet the criterion above.

unrated

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thats all ?

If you need paper and pen for a follow up...Ask !

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Nice.

Flash stories are good stories too.

They deal with the big picture

and leave out the details.

They do not finish the story.

They aren't ment to do that.

Deal with that commenters!

This was a great flash story.

It had an original and clever way

to start the discovery of cheating.

And so very well written.

It deserves and gets

top ratings from me.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Nice and short and to the point. And the MC's sentiment at the end is good - She'd been his faithful wife and he'd loved her, and she wasn't and he didn't. Pretty much summed it up.

I like the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Story

Good Story 5 Stars. If you are inclined a Part 2 would be okay. For me though, the story is finished. He is out and not interested in the particulars at all. Heard everything he need to hear. He just out.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 4 years ago
Opportunity for an Ending Challenge?

Thank you. With so many calling for an ending... please do. I know I feel it could use more... closure. However, I would also like to add that with your (expansive and magnificently motivated) ending to Ari, I'm not going to bother you about it - it seems to me that you've done well more than your share of ending stories .

Perhaps this story presents an opportunity to challenge others to pick up their pens and give their shot at creating an ending... just a thought.

Thanks again.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good

Good start, but could use a few more chapters. Why do only the really bad.stories go on endlessly and the good ones are so short?

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 4 years ago
Novel way to find out

Extra Stars for Ohio!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
C'mon, you're not a newby. You know better!

Adultery usually includes sexual intercourse. Discovering adultery usually includes shock, outrage, disappointment, and some sort of consequences, pick one or all. All of those parts of the story are pretty much required, like the frame of a house. But its the decoration, the layout, the craftsmanship, and maybe the view that sell it. All we got from this story was the frame. No substance, no dramatic interaction, no compelling understanding of why a good wife and mother became a whore.

And most of us know why that's missing, because that is the most difficult part of the story to write convincingly and intelligently. If she's fucking Teddy just because he has a bigger dick then when and why did she trade in her decency and ethics for lust and cruelty? When and why did she come to disrespect her husband, her children, and her marriage? Her adultery is a betrayal of all that she lived her life for, unless she's been fucking around forever. But you didn't even include that much curiosity and introspection.

So this was a big disappointment. Very sorry you didn't have the time, energy, or inspiration to apply the full measure of your talent and imagination to this work.

At least let me say thank you, again, for all the good work you have done. This is not part of that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Story seems finished to me.

Women have far more fragile egos. Not men. But we call men's ego's fragile in order to manipulate them via shame. Not because his ego is actually fragile, but because his self worth is tied into what he does. Women have the luxury of coasting on 'easy-street'. Women can be valued by society for simply being a woman.

Why the long rant? It's because women NEED closure, they NEED a chance to peddle or hear sorry excuses, and they NEED to feel like they are valued as women.

Husband gave her NONE of that when he left abruptly. She wasn't worth a note, she wasn't worth a blow-out, she wasn't worth a divorce, she wasn't worth the effort. And it's going to EAT HER UP. I know most men on this site are either SIMPs, or don't care enough about women to notice. Rest assured that women HATE having their woman-hood ignored. She went from knowing everything and being in control to knowing nothing and her power crumble into a soggy mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

please another chapter where he does file for a divorce and she get aids from teddy

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 4 years ago
Thanks ohio!

You are one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for writing again! Sure seems like a great start to a series.....

jasonnhjasonnhabout 4 years ago

"But did I really think I'd ever get an explanation that satisfied me? Hell no."

For most of these stories, that is what it boils down to. Very simple and straightforward.

The only aspect that I dislike is that it is the innocent guy who has to give up his life, his house, and to move away. Of course to NOT do that would complicate things. Oh well, I guess it's hard to combine justice with simplicity.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Wvrjjr Re: FTDS. No, he is not AWOL. He was TWO people, one of whom has sadly passed away.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous