All Comments on 'Conference Sex'

by angstypleasure

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Well written, but abrupt ending.

Very nice job of writing technically correct prose. That's rare enough to be worthy of a comment! But I didn't care for the abrupt ending. I think I know what you were going for: the emotional peak had been passed, the story told, so end on a high note. But I was just getting interested in the sex, and wanted more! Oh well, can't fault you on your deliberate choices. For what I think it was intended to be, you did a very good job.

PacoFearPacoFearalmost 14 years ago
Best in class

This is easily the best conference fling story I've seen to date. Nice hand with the details, you set the scenario fully without drowning us in minutia. You're either pulling from experience or have a rich imagination. The characters are beautifully textured and real. Quite steamy too, excellent use of the phone call from hubbie. Well done!

Cheers,

-PF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Agree on both counts

Writers here that know the difference between peek and peak and lose and loose and avoid the annoying distractions that jar me out of a story are pretty rare. Well done.

I do agree, though, that the slow boil you were after boiled dry too quickly.

HamsterHamsteralmost 14 years ago
Great Job

The best "Conference hook-up" story in a long time. Very real and down to earth, EXACTLY what real people would be experiencing and doing. Even though the story falls under the category of fantasy, there was nothing fantastic about it. 100% believable characters and situations.

angstypleasureangstypleasurealmost 14 years agoAuthor
thanks

Thanks for the feedback! You may be right about the failure to keep things in suspense long enough, and/or the ending being abrupt. I'll keep that in mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I like it very much

Having spent too many days traveling alone and at conferences, I can definitely relate with the desire to find someone nice to talk to, spend time with, and hold throughout the night. People are people, and being able to find those connections are really nice.

Nicely written, true to the feelings and situations people find themselves in; there was an occasion I wish had gone that way.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very nicely written. I never experienced such a trip but wish a particular person on a particular trip would have been agreeable. It would have been so memorable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous