Jack's Wage Slavery Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The awestruck humans just nodded.

"Is it going to... land?" MacDenny asked with a lump in his throat as the ship continued to arrive through the Gate. The end began to taper in so they could now get a true picture of just how colossal the ship was.

"No. There will be shuttles to bring the personnel and equipment up to the ship. They will arrive momentarily," Socrates said.

"Aside from the sheer power of its presence does it carry any offensive or defensive armament? It's a pretty big target floating in the sky." Sinclair asked.

"It is well protected and can deliver its own punch should that become necessary. As you have so accurately noted its presence was often enough to settle disputes," Plato answered.

They could see dozens of small flatbed personnel carriers flying out of the bays along the lower edge. They swung wide and landed on the field not far from the military personnel.

"It is time to hit road surface!" Plato called out.

"Hit the road!" Socrates corrected.

"That is what I said!" Plato barked back.

The officers left to organize their group's boarding the small carriers to get up to the ship.

One of the carriers landed next to the Queen's group and the two Tik originally assigned to the Major's team floated over to them.

"We have completed our original mission. We would like to ask if you could give us names now," the one they knew as 'four-oh-one' asked. The Major recognized it from a distinct scratch on its side that it received when it got stuck in the food wagon.

"Lapsha!" Maxim leaned forward to blurt.

Leo pointed to its partner which... still had the kitten, now sleeping, in its coiled tentacle. "Neko."

"Thank you! These are excellent names! We have also brought you the one you named Ray. It wishes to join the mission."

"What?" Cha'Risa gasped.

A shiny silver Tik which had approached from behind the other two hovered closer and waved a tentacle.

"Hello Major." The voice was unmistakably Ray's.

"How... how can this be..." Nann mumbled as she looked at her shocked reflection on the side of the new Tik.

"Ah yes, well... it seems my 'clever little AI algorithm' might have been far more clever than I thought. I came to the attention of the Tik on Earth as they are insatiably curious about all forms of life. My algorithm actually achieved a significant level of sentience. The copy I maintained and nurtured for years and finally activated with the final update was... me, but it wasn't stable. It would have rapidly disintegrated over the next few months. It wouldn't have been pretty. They offered me a chance to live. Of course I said yes! The Tik transferred me to the one form of body that could sustain my new non-corporeal being." He gestured to his new chrome body. "What's really weird though is how natural this feels. I didn't have to learn how to use my new body."

"It's really you?" Cha'Risa asked quietly.

"Yes, it's really me... but not the same me that was in my physical body." Ray explained.

"Geezus Ray! You found a way to cheat death!" Nann asked.

"No! The Tik examined my algorithm and couldn't find how it instantiated life. I've looked at it as well and I have to agree. On its own it shouldn't have done what it did. I'm glad it did but I don't know how to duplicate it. I- I thought it was just a clever copy. Besides the Tik won't transfer Human lives into Tik bodies even if they knew how. It would lessen the value on Human life."

The commandos moved forward to touch their fallen comrade.

"Shall we board the ship?" Lapsha said to the group gesturing towards the shuttle.

The Major, wiping a tear from her eye roughly, leaned in towards Maxim to speak quietly. "Lapsha?"

"Is Russian for 'Noodles'."

"Ah."

Queen Elissa followed Socrates and Plato and climbed onto the flatbed surface to walk up to the front by the driver's cab. The rest followed though Hellna remained on the lawn, a nervous look on her face. Elissa smiled down at her friend.

"Don't fret Hellna. I'm in the best of care. I will see you soon."

Hellna just smiled and nodded though the worry never left her eyes.

The shuttle lifted and moved closer to the army personnel where it settled down again. MacDenny, Singh, Sinclair and Bertillon boarded and moved up to speak with the Queen. The shuttle lifted once more and rose up towards the Blade of Reason. The Gate near its tail end had finally closed so it was now completely in Altarian space.

The shuttle passengers were struck speechless as the enormous vessel appeared to grow more unfathomably huge as they approached. Their minds were telling them it couldn't be. Nothing so massive and solid should be floating quietly in the sky pretending to be just another cloud.

They passed through a gentle energy field at the landing bay entrance and the shuttle moved well inside the bay before it landed by a large door leading inside the ship. Lapsha shut down the shuttle and they disembarked. Neko acted as their guide and led the group to the bridge. Vast displays encircled the chamber giving 360 degrees of visibility in all directions.

Socrates approached the Queen. "All of your security people have boarded. What is our destination?"

"Allsa One. The hub world for the Allsa Komanae. We will speak to the leader there to confirm the current location of our Ambassador. We will also find the coordinates of the Allsa Komanae home world," she answered.

"Will we be putting boots on the ground there?" Sinclair asked.

Queen Elissa turned to the man. "It will depend on how cooperative the Allsa Komanae are when we politely ask our questions. I don't expect them to be cooperative at all so we should have a team ready to do rapid strikes to obtain certain intelligence targets. Namely the Allsa One leaders. Collecting the coordinates for the home world will be a challenge. We know they use space travelling jump ships to fly between Allsa One and the home world. We will need a team to take control of the spaceport. Nothing gets off the ground. The coordinates to the home world will be known to the pilots. If the leadership of Allsa One does not provide us with this information securing a pilot for interrogation will be required. We will also need to disable their communications center so they don't warn the home world."

She turned to a nearby Tik. "May we have the map of Allsa One's capital on the display?"

One of the huge screens filled with a map of the capital city.

"Please highlight the Administrative Offices," she asked the Tik.

A long rectangular building near the center of the city lit up. "This is where the leaders will be. There will be three of them with staff."

Sinclair looked at the other officers. "Half of my group will collect these targets. The others will assist Bertillon's group with the spaceport."

Elissa looked to the Tik once more. "Highlight the spaceport next please."

This facility was on the outer edge of the map. Isolated from the city by a row of forested hills. There was a terminal building, administrative offices, three launch cradles and a vast cargo port.

"My team will take the spaceport," Bertillon stated and looked at Sinclair. "Your teams will take the ships." The Commander nodded.

"Colonel, my team and I would like to accompany you and your people as well," Major Ash requested and received a nod from the man.

"The Communications Center, please." The Tik switched the highlight to a building opposite the Gate Terminal.

"My lads will take this target offline." MacDenny grinned.

"My 'lads' will protect the Queen." Singh finished.

"We will arrive, make our request for the location of the Ambassador and once they refuse to answer, we will take the steps I just described. We must be prepared to move quickly. Now, Allsa One will have citizens of other worlds on it. Only the Allsa Komanae are to be targeted unless defensive fire is required. Is that understood?" Queen Elissa said and received nods from the men. "The Allsa Komanae restrict off-world visitors to the Gate Terminus, the Administrative Offices and the commerce buildings which are all within a two block radius of the Gate Terminus. Beyond that perimeter encountering a non-Allsa Komanae would be unexpected and the only non-Allsa Komanae at the spaceport will be kidnapping victims."

She looked into the eyes of each person standing before her. "How we do here will directly affect our success when we reach the home world. We must strike hard and fast."

She gestured to the Tik who had been helping her. "Get a copy of the map, brief your teams on their objectives and let me know when you are ready." More nods and they began to move towards the Tik. General Singh paused and looked back at the Queen.

"When we arrive like a harbinger of doom in their skies what if they choose a pre-emptive attack. We saw how long it took this ship to get through its Gate." Singh advised.

"If they choose to attack the ship the Tik assure me we are allowed to use the ship's considerable armament to suppress that fire. I'm told we only need to be 10% through the Gate to use the first and most destructive of these weapons. "

That seemed to satisfy them. They received the map in their comms and left to speak with their teams.

The Major and her team were still on the bridge with Queen Elissa so she turned to them. "While I'm trying to get the location of the home world from their leaders I want you to concentrate on these... space pilots. We need those coordinates!"

"We're on it," the Major said.

The two elder Tik approached the group after conferring with the Tik who operated the ship. "We are ready."

Gee pulled a package from an inner pocket and handed it to Queen Elissa. "This is from Hellna. She would like you to wear it while you are on this mission."

Elissa took the tissue paper wrapped bundle and opened it. Inside was a white gauzy garment much like the ones worn by Gee and Bal except longer and it had a wide hood. She looked at it in surprise.

"It's protection against projectile and energy weapons and the hood will not impair your peripheral vision's motion detection. Seal the hood and you have a five minute supply of breathable air and it's fire resistant. Additionally, it's proven to psychologically intimidate Allsa Komanae," Gee continued.

"It's also lovely," she said as she pulled it on.

"Regal!" Major Ash said as she smiled. The Queen answered her smile with a twinkle in her eyes. "We're going to join Colonel Bertillon's group so we'll be ready when we get there."

Bal stepped up to Maxim and handed him a small metal box. "Seeds. Make sure those ships never fly again." Maxim nodded and grinned widely at Bal who gave him the hint of a smile.

Once the team left with Lapsha and Neko in their wake it was just the Queen, Gee and Bal, and the two senior Tik on the bridge with the Tik operating the ship. The displays had returned to showing them the 360 degree view of Altaria.

Small windows appeared on the display for each of the military leaders. Each reported the readiness of their teams. The Queen acknowledged this and nodded to Socrates. The order was given and an enormous Gate snapped into place before the ship.

"Take us forward. Battle speed." Socrates called out.

There was no impression of motion but the ground below the ship began moving and they floated towards the huge mirror, touched it and began to slip through.

"I estimate we are moving three times faster than the ship was originally moving when it arrived on Altaria." Gee said watching the screen carefully.

"Two point seven eight times faster to be precise," Plato corrected.

The displays pointing forward began to show an entirely different world. The sun was in its late afternoon position on Allsa One where it was high noon on Altaria.

"We are picking up chatter from below. They have definitely noticed our arrival. We have incoming."

"Neutralize it," Socrates ordered.

There was a slight thump sound and the missile suddenly stopped like it struck a solid wall. The crushed rocket exploded ineffectively as it tumbled back to the ground.

"Target the source of that missile," the senior Tik said.

"Two Allsa Komanae atop a roof overlooking the main square. Reloading their weapon."

"Queen Elissa, your orders?"

"Taking them out might put innocent citizens at risk."

Sinclair piped up. "We could take the target out with a sniper round once we are in range."

"Do it." Elissa ordered.

The ship was now a third of the way through the Gate over the capital city and it was attracting plenty of attention. Skimmers were rising from the land below to fly towards the ship. The drivers and the passengers were pointing weapons out the windows of the vehicles.

"Is there a safe way to ground those skimmers? I don't want them falling onto the people below." Elissa asked.

"Take out the drivers. The vehicles will automatically return to the ground if they are unmanned." Gee suggested.

"These are your immediate sniper targets Commander Sinclair."

"Acknowledged."

They watched the screen as skimmer after skimmer suddenly stopped their ascent and began gently descending. A few brave or foolhardy passengers pushed their dead drivers from the vehicles and attempted to continue rising. These new drivers quickly joined their compatriots. Soon all of the skimmers were settling to the ground.

A second thump. "Second incoming missile destroyed."

Almost simultaneously the display showed the two Allsa Komanae on the rooftop flying to pieces as multiple sniper rounds intersected their bodies.

"Targets eliminated," Sinclair confirmed needlessly.

"Thank you Commander."

The ship was almost completely through the Gate and it was time for Elissa to speak to the 'powers-that-be' on the planet's surface. "Broadcast on all frequencies, please."

With a gesture from Socrates Elissa began.

"This is Queen Elissa of Altaria. Under my authority the Blade of Reason has entered the airspace above Allsa One's capital city. We are not here for conquest. We are here for our Ambassador Jack Danner who was kidnapped by parties under the orders of the Allsa Komanae. You have thirty seconds to respond to this message or we will take steps to locate him ourselves." She nodded and the signal was cut. They listened for a response but the chatter quickly tapered off into silence.

The Queen watched the clock counting down and at three seconds there was a crackle as a signal from the Administrative Office responded.

"This is First of Allsa One. You will leave our airspace immediately. We will be filing a war crime grievance with-"

The Queen looked at her military support. "Proceed with your objectives."

They quickly nodded and left to join their men. Soon shuttles were rushing out of the landing bays and racing down to the planet's surface. First's transmission appeared to becoming from his office in the Administrative building. The SEAL teams brought their shuttles down close to the entrances and they rushed inside.

Bertillon's shuttles and those carrying the second half of the SEAL teams rushed off towards the spaceport as MacDenny's two shuttles shot almost vertically downwards towards the Communications Center at breakneck speed.

"Aren't they going a little fast?" Queen Elissa asked and listened to their feed. "Is- is that laughter?"

Something was ejected from the gravity field on both open flatbeds. The field kept everyone and everything in place during maneuvers such as their nosedive. Once the objects were outside the fields they became gravity fed missiles dropping right for the rooftop antennae array of the Communications Center. The shuttles rapidly pulled away from these projectiles and swung wide in a loop to bring them in fast to the building's front entrance just as the satchel bombs took out the antennae. Grinning and laughing like maniacs the team rushed straight into the building amidst the chaos.

The shuttles heading for the spaceport had dropped down behind the ridge and visibility wasn't so good due to some low level clouds trapped by the ridge. Of course it also shielded the shuttles from being spotted as they rushed towards their target.

Queen Elissa held her breath for her new friends. It had to be frightening to be rushing into battle like that!

Maxim and Leo were grinning happily as they readied their weapons. The cloak and dagger stuff of hunting down the data cache wasn't really their forte. Kicking some Allsa Komanae butt, now that they could do! Nann hid her smile at their acting like two kids in the candy store and gave them a scowl when they noticed her attention.

"Are you school kids or soldiers! Wipe those smiles off your faces and stay frosty! This is as hostile an environment as we are going to get aside from the home world. Allsa Komanae hate humans. They want us dead and now that we're here on their turf they want us dead twice over," she barked and the two men quickly cleared their expressions and nodded.

Nann turned back to the Major who was checking her own weapon with a satisfied smile on her lips. "Not you too!" Nann grumbled.

"I'm excited too!" Ray said.

"Do you even have a weapon?" Nann asked.

"My brain!" Ray exclaimed.

Nann rolled her eyes. "Ugh, he's worse than he was when he was flesh and bone."

"No! Really! My brain feels like it's a zillion times faster and I don't need to type anymore! I can talk directly to any machine!"

"Are you going to think the enemy to death? What will you do when they shoot at you? You're not bullet proof are you?" she growled.

"With all these soldiers running around with weapons, they won't even notice one little Tik! You just keep an eye on your own fleshy butt."

Nann stopped and slowly turned to face the new Tik. "Did you just call my ass fat?" Nann asked quietly.

"What? No! I didn't! I swear I said nothing of the sort!" Ray sputtered, waving his tentacles in a placating way.

"That's what I heard him say." Cha'Risa said looking at Nann. Ray spun to look at the Major then back to the indignant redhead.

"Pretty cheeky for a voice in a tin can!" Nann growled.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" Ray stopped when he detected Nann's belly shaking from her suppressed laughter.

"Oh... really funny. A million laughs. It's gang up on Ray day again is it?" he growled.

The Major had a tear in her eye as she patted the side of her friend's new 'body'. "It's really nice to have you back again Ray," she said.

Nann smiled and nodded. It was really nice but they were coming in hot and it was time to put everything else aside. She caught the Major's eyes and saw the same look in them. She scowled at her Russians and saw Ray was facing the base.

"Colonel! Gun emplacements in the towers near the front gates." Ray said using his superior vision to spot them. Bertillon spoke to someone on his comm and muzzle flashes could be seen from the shuttle next to theirs. The gate towers blossomed into two large fireballs.

"Looks like they just found out we are coming in. Major Ash, is your team with me or are you going after the ships."

"The ships, sir."

"Colonel Bertillon. I can see more long range communication antennae on the far side of the administration buildings. They will need to be taken out." Ray called out. The Colonel spoke into his comm once more and two of their shuttles accelerated to reach the far side of the building as they reached the front entrance. The shuttles with the SEAL teams began peeling off to head for the ships. They were leaving the closest ship for the Major and her team.

Bertillon's men picked off the few guards foolish enough to start shooting back.

The moment the shuttles touched down the troops were on the ground and running.

Maxim and Leo took point as they circled the building. Ray shot off to the right so they others let him go. They couldn't keep up if they wanted to anyway.