All Comments on 'One Night in Sydney Cove'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
tomtrahtomtrahabout 5 years ago
finally some outstanding literary appearance on 'lit'erotica

wonderfully told, thank you !

if you continue this thread, you may well end up with an excellent historical novel.

the sexually explicit lovemaking scenes between the two protagonists felt almost out of place here (even if this is what literotica readers expect), but the raucous general sexual tumult you show is more than credible and at times very funny.

it is one of history's extraordinary jokes that the respectable city of Sydney was founded in the violent orgy you share with us and thank you for that insight as well !

may you be the winner !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lovely historical fiction

I love good historical fiction - and by good I mean historical fiction which tries to be plausible and stick to the known facts, while giving us an imaginative account as to what it might have been like. This is an excellent example. I liked that you included an afterword the told us what is known, and what you based it on.

I understand that such quick marriages did take place in early convict Australia,, and why not. For the convict woman life as a wife to an officer turned farmer would be much better than working in government ordered work, or being assigned to work for some-one you hadn't chosen. For the man, women were in short supply so if you had the chance of a wife...,.

Again, well done.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading

tomtrah and anonymous – thanks for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed my writing, especially because I enjoyed writing it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I enjoyed this one!

I wholeheartedly agree with the last Anonymous. This is a great story and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for your background research, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful story of early Sydney. Love historical stories, and this one is one of the best! Five Stars just don't seem to be enough. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Somewhere in my books is a paperback about the prisoners arriving in Port Arthur, Tasmania. After reading it I was able to visit Australia and Port Arthur. That was 35 years ago and they were starting to rebuild it as it once was, but have not heard that they got it finished. I find your story very erotic as well as historic. I wonder how many of the women conceived with all the semen flowing those first few days. My mind congers up so many hard cocks flopping about and the women being mounted repeatedly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, Well Well, thank you for writing about the "Birth" of Australia. I happen to be a direct decendant from the 6th February 1788. My ancestors Anthony Rope and Elizabeth Pully (Pulley) got together that day and when Elizabeth discovered she was pregnant they were married in May 1788 and they had their baby at the beginning of October. There is a Rope and Pully still extremely active in Australia

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm also a descendant of Anthony Rope and Sarah Pauley. I enjoyed your account of the start of Sydney. Watkin Tench's account of the colony has been republished in the last(20?)years -from memory with a foreward by Dr Tim Flannery and is a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

all right, but somewhat confusing, to me at least...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very interesting and impressive (if in parts somewhat confusing), account of a major episode in British and early Australian history. Well written!

KingCuddleKingCuddle5 months ago

Loved it!

Congratulations for creating and sustaining

the storm as a story element so convincingly !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...

SIMILAR Stories