All Comments on 'The Holiday'

by OVERLAND

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
hornacekhornacekalmost 18 years ago
30 pages?

Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Awesome!!!!

I will have given a 10 it it was possible. Great story,Well written!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
30 pages!

try breaking it up. gets fucking boring

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
too much pissing

I guess it would be okay for the one's liking the peeing bit, but I am not into that at all. The story is interesting but something is wrong, but I can't put my finger on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well written but a bit long

The story was good and the writing was good but the water sports could have been toned down. over all a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Too Much Of A Good Thing

Too long, too much fucking, too much pissing, too short of an ending/epilogue (ie, too rushed and not enough details, hence too many loose ends), and a bit too disjointed. It would be worth the while rewriting. Even so, blew the entire afternoon reading it, it was that gripping.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
two things

i didn't bother to read this due to two things 1) as soon as i saw your list of charicters i could tell it was going to be confusing and probably involve either a lot of group sex or a lot of sex with different people neither of which i am fond of

2)before reading a story i always check to see how long it is when i saw 30 pages there was no way i was going to read that 3 pages yes 6 maybe 30 never if i wanted a story that long i would have gone to the novels area which is where this should have been put you would have smart to break this up into 6-10 chapters the way it is not to many people are going to take the time to read it all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
OMG!!!! WOW!!!!! LOVED IT!!!

This is the best story ever!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

amazing story

reader_3634reader_3634over 8 years ago
Great story - well done

I am surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did because I am not a great fan of either watersports or intergenerational incest. However, that was overridden by the quality of the story and the way it was written.

Yes, 30 pages is the longest chapter that I have read and it might have been more acceptable to some if it had been broken into separate chapters (maybe along the lines of the days as you did with headings). However, that is a minor point and I actually preferred it this way. In terms of length, I much prefer a longer story that allows the essence to be fully developed rather than a one page wonder that either tells us very little or leaves all sorts of loose ends. I notice that one other commenter accusing you of leaving loose ends and I think that is unfair. The epilogue was quite brief but it did cover all the main salient points and, after all, the story was really about the 2 week holiday.

The idea of listing the characters at the start was a good one although the rate at which you brought the characters into the story made it unnecessary. Other people may not agree but I applaud your hard work in producing a great story. 5* from me despite not being particularly enthused with the watersports.

jim1948deusajim1948deusaabout 8 years ago
Continuation

A Great Story and I hope that there would be a continuation.

goducks1goducks1about 6 years ago
5 stars and one of my favorites!

great story. i wish you would write another. i've liked all your storys - the armitage family, family comes first, etc, etc. All great. and like one of the other commentators, i don't like "golden showers". but it worked here. Brilliant! please write another story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

I really like long involving stories that take time to develop plots and stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great writing

The author is obviously talented as a writer, and it shows in this magnificent story, with its complexities of plot and relationships. It would have been even better as a story without the urination or incest, and instead had been written as a straight romantic saga.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Worst story

ElderbuttElderbutt12 months ago

Great story. Well written. Good exciting read! More please

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG7 months ago

This was quite the long story...(30) pages, easily one of the longest I have read here.

Some of the comments I agree with, some I do not...

The whole British theme of the story, including the language, etc was very entertaining; it WAS too repetitive at times, boring even, yet I read the whole thing and found it to be full of emotion at different points. I also like how the siblings/cousins "shared the wealth" with Anita and Ray, then with Janey, too...that was a VERY NICE touch, something they DID NOT have to do...

Five Stars...would have given more of I could!!!!! 🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟💯

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

not reading 12 pages LET ALONE 30, GET SERIOUS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous