All Comments on 'A Box Of Rocks Pt. 05'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AxelottoAxelotto25 days ago
So much fun

I am so loving this story. Thanks for the ride, and keep it going, PLEASE!

Axelotto

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy25 days ago

Keep it going strong!

5

TrishieldTrishield25 days ago

"Broody" hahaha, I love it.

SorchakSorchak25 days ago

*snore* Uh, eh, what? Oh, it's over? I went to sleep about a third of the way through. All it was, was a listing of the songs they played, with the artist's names. It made for boring reading. "We played This Song by That Artist, then That Song by This Artist, and etc, etc." Like I said, snore. It didn't help that there were a bunch of songs I don't know, by some artists I *also* don't know. It wasn't really balanced out by the songs and artists I DID know. So far, I'm not a huge fan of this series.

kameljockeykameljockey25 days ago

and the hits keep coming.............

muddman74muddman7424 days ago

A great tale man! I can't wait for the rest of the story.

Lector77Lector7724 days ago

Lists are boring.

waifwaif24 days ago

@Sorchak, would you prefer the author had just said, "we played some non-specific, generic songs and got a good response"?

.

.I look up the songs that I don't know and listen to them in order to gain an idea of what the performances would be like. Details matter. The author also explains how the artists might spin specific songs to add nuance. If you have no interest in the "filler" why read the story? Just read the last page of the last chapter.

.

I found this chapter had pathos, drama, conflict and resolution elements all over the place. To my mind, I found it interesting and well worth my time.

.

But hey, to each their own.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey211024 days ago

I enjoyed the story so far, but found details of each performance tedious. I caught myself brushing over a lot of it looking for the meat of the story. It almost seems like the author is just filling space.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster124 days ago

Here we go again:

5 more stars for this multi-part story of love, music, tragedy, business, charitable work...

...if you throw in a rogue shoe salesman you'll win a Nobel prize for literature !

LOL...

...in all sincerity, the wait for this part wasn't horrible, and I'm eagerly waiting for more of this very enjoyable story.

So here it is: very nicely done.

Ravey19Ravey1924 days ago

Great instalment again. Only fault to my mind was the repetitive details of all the concerts, I ended up skipping those parts.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc24 days ago

Too heavy on the music side for my tastes - minimal plot progression. Still enjoying the series, but it isn't drawing me into the characters as much as the early chapters. 4.4*

GardenshedGardenshed24 days ago

Really enjoying this tale. Also like waiting for the next part, it’s the anticipation what’s next?

Well written, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

All of your material is great, one of my top five living authors. Yeah I've been around awhile.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

For me, the series started strong, but has devolved into a series of factoids, that make it seem like an outline — or playlist — more than a story with actual emotional punch. Show us, don't tell us.

Hopefully, the last two parts will get back to your usual high standards.

BTW, Blind Faith did "Can't Find My Way Home," not Traffic. I believe the Spice Girls song is called "Wannabe."

RanDog025RanDog02524 days ago

This needs to be said! Years ago a Brilliant doctor, Stanislaw Burzynski, found that in every Cancer Patient was missing one Protein. Dr. Burzynski synthesized that Protein and started curing cancer patients of cancer but with the help of the AMA and the U.S. Government stole Dr. Burzynski's patent. What was also discovered was that if a person's PH was Alkaline, cancer could not survive. Alkaline is 7.0 and above. Acidic is 6.9 and below. Why won't doctors tell us about this FACT? Because there is so much money to be made in treatment. Cancer treatment can cost anywhere for $68K to up to $1 Million. Keep the Doctors and Hospital Board members rich! 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s for the story! Sorry for boring y'all.

SwordWielderSwordWielder24 days ago

A fantastic story by a master!

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Always look forward to your tales Q. Sorry if life issues keep cropping up - I for one will be satisfied getting the tales late rather than never! Thank you. Oh yea, 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

I love the author, always like their stories, and was enjoying this particular series, but this episode chapter was quite likely the most boring thing I’ve ever read on this site.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c124 days ago

This was never a great, or even good story, but it has now turned into a look what I know plot. Really borimg

rnebularrnebular23 days ago

I love Q and basically everything delivered but this is so heavy on the music and concert info that I admit to skimming a bit. There was a sprinkling of detail about poor April and the pregnancy, but otherwise 2 pages of concert play-by-play. Thanks and hope life is getting better! 🙏

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I'm looking forward to reading the last parts. So far this has been a great series. Totally enjoyable. BardnotBard

patient1patient121 days ago

Usually I read your stories thinking "This is great, I hope he gets a movie deal or mini-series out of it". This story has me wondering when it will end, It's kind of like the story concluded with the birth of the baby and everything since is your longest ever epilogue. I won't down vote you, but I won't read any more chapters of this one. Good Luck. and I'll await your next story.

muddywanmuddywan21 days ago

Poor Steve Winwood, never getting credit for his songs. :(

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

This is a fun story. Really well written. The problem is, whats the direction? This feels like an extended epilogue. Theres no real problem that the characters are facing. Its all roses and sunshine. Every story needs a villain for the heroes to conquer. 3.75/5

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Hate to say it, but it's time to pull the plug on this story. There was a decent start and an interesting background, but no real plot. Unlike your other works, which usually had an engaging plot and a developed conflict. I don't think this is salvageable. Put it out of its misery. Still a fan, just not of this series.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiter18 days ago

Can you please warn us when a story has zero sex? Thanks

FD45FD457 days ago
I am a fan

I follow your stories and have read many of them several times.

.

(Here is the ‘But’)

.

When you do music, you lose the plot. If you excised your ‘play lists’ from this two pager, what do you have left? ‘April died (who?) and they started an alternative recording company, which I do not doubt will bring in a bajillion dollars.

.

Carnal porn, revenge porn…well, one of your kinks is ‘music porn.’ It isn’t really mine so this is lost on me. Which is a ‘me’ problem.

PhredDaggPhredDagg6 days ago

Dude!!.... It must be so much fun living in your head. All those stories wizzing round in there 😆 I come form a land down under and live in " Hobbit Land ". LOVE your work. Keep it up.

Eir1kurEir1kurabout 5 hours ago

This is a lovely story. I'm a musician and your musician/band/recording stuff was just perfect.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
633
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
931
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
858
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
868
I'm 51 
4.83
781
597
More Stories