All Comments on 'A Dish Best Served Cold'

by Laphroaig53

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Lector77Lector772 months ago

Good story. Thanks.

Now a bit of nit-picking:

“ And in what was clearly just, if not a sufficient replacement for their daughter, Hannah Morgan's family was awarded Ten Million Dollars as a result of their lawsuit.”

English does not typically tolerate capitalization of common nouns. If EN is not your L1, we should be somewhat forgiving. There were a few instances of needlessly tortured syntax, but those should be caught and fixed by a competent copy editor. (Psssst! Hint.)

I look forward to enjoying more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Welp...

The only thing I can say is...

If Only....

Thanks for the fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not bad. Seemed a bit tedious. But, for the complexity of the story was warranted. Cannot believe that a fraternity of movers and shakers would think that keeping a record of their criminal activities was a good idea.

amadthonamadthon2 months ago

Excellent story telling. I really like your work, looking forward to reading more from you.

orefinnorefinn2 months ago

Wow! Well researched well written! What more canI say? This is a story worthy of professional origins!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy2 months ago

This story seems very plausible!

5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dark story. Very well written, thanks. Will there be more about these two detectives?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story! As a GDI on the ASU campus long, long ago, I can say that frats were doing things like that in the '60s in AZ. Both at ASU and U of A, there were rapes and intimidation in full force. When no one wants to see, you live in the country of the blind. 5*

1_Inquiring_mind1_Inquiring_mind2 months ago

Pride comes before a fall and a haughty spirit befor destruction.

Great crime story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dark, thoughtful story, about a subject matter that is way more common than is reported. Money corrupts, especially inherited money, as opposed to earned. Wealthy people think a high priced lawyer is the silver bullet that stops investigations, but as this story illustrates, it only works if people believe in the system. If the belief stops, then nothing can save someone that commits heinous crimes like rape.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story overall. The writing is generally good, but I was baffled by: “We think that one way that the boys being assaulted are delivered this to the places they've been found by our perpetrator might be by walking up to the site, then being restrained once they arrive." There has to be a clearer way to make the point.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Interesting. It is a nice story line. I almost took a nap.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

xMulexMule2 months ago

4*

Interesting plot.

Most of the time, I felt like I was reading a news article rather than a fictional story. I guess that's somewhat of a backhanded compliment.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 months ago

IF only in the real academic world as I believe this goes on at many college campuses. Rotten privileged kids think they are entitled and above all laws and decorum these days.

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 2 months ago

A good story, but...

It ain't the "liberal faculty and progressive student groups" who'd be objecting to the complete tear-down of the campus police. We'd (and yeah, I'm a retired college professor) have been demanding such for quite some time.

6King6Kingabout 2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Any rape charge that ends with a guilty conviction should be held in a location where the ground doesn't freeze in the winter. The guilty should be handed a shovel and marched out to a field near the court house immediately to dig a 10 foot deep pit. All that's required once the prisoner digs the pit is some jet A fuel, a match, and a bobcat to fill the pit after the penalty is completed. It's hardly justice considering the life long pain inflicted on the victims, but there are no repeat offenders.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Penn state comes to mind on this for some reason.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

Karma baby, good story

Cracker270Cracker27010 days ago

Nice job. Thank you

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 days ago

A nice police procedural. All too believable, alas. A very enjoyable read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous