All Comments on 'Chandni the Matchmaker'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartover 4 years ago
Just fantastic!

I ended up hoping there were at least 10 more pages of Del and her man.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
That must have been a fun wedding!

The characters have depth and the plot is hard to pin down until the last few paragraphs. I was disappointed when they broke up after an unconventional but sizzling sex scene, but that was quickly and intelligently remedied. The story premise was fresh, too, and that's not easy to do. The author is doubtless a keen observer of people and of the human condition, and equipped with the wit to write stories both literate and erotic. Full marks from me.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 4 years ago
Usual vivid quirky characters,

in a tale of looking for love in the burbs of Brisbane. Great set up, the mystery date, will he, won’t he... Loved the first date in the pokie palace. When they got together, the clash of cultures. After that it felt a bit flat. Still a 4 * story just missing the vindictive husband? Crazy ex girlfriend or something to add some conflict.

jesterhjesterhover 4 years ago
Outstanding!

Not a wasted word. Made me care about these cracked, realistic characters.

Cracker270Cracker270over 4 years ago

Like good literature. Kept me thinking. You are very good but I am sure you already know that. I am looking forward to taking on your library from the top.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Any port in a storm?

Man, I thought this was going to be a real odd couple - strange jigsaw puzzle pieces magically fitting together. It turned out to be a pretty straight up second chance love story. Very sweet - left me with a smile. And a hardon! Always the most real sex scenes.

But what I'm really hoping for is a story for Kelly and Jack. She kinda stole my sympathies in this one. I even wondered if the narrator would end up back with her, and then I figured no, Jack is her guy - the definitive Ausfet rough exteriored protagonist. Here's hoping.

Thanks for another great story ftom Oz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful

Romance and hot sex, beautifully written as usual - the characters are typical Ausfet ones - as real as day. How does she do it?

tbonehuntertbonehunterabout 4 years ago
Beautiful

Up to your usual impeccable standard of writing. I think what makes you so good is that (with a few exceptions) I get the sense you really love your characters, as though you’ve given birth to them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...