Cognitive Dissonance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We laughed. "Why are we going so melodramatic?" I asked.

"Maybe you should drink from my other lips," she said, "but you have too many clothes on, they need to be removed."

I rolled over on my back and let her undress me, and then as she lay over me, skin to skin, I unhooked her bra and pulled down her panties. Then I hugged her possessively, covering her front with my body and wrapping my arms and a leg around her.

"You are so very protective, I feel so safe in your arms."

I moved, trying to leverage my cock into her pussy. She wriggled and giggled, "Not so fast my ardent lover, first you drink from my fount, only then do you get to mount."

"Yes, my sweetheart, you can count on me and while I drink, I shall give you something to suck on."

"Ooooh what a treat, she exclaimed."

Instinctively and intuitively, we had learnt the art of making love to our love spots with our lips and mouth. As our tongues explored the right places, the feelings were exquisite, and the love so sublime. Slowly I could sense from her movements that she was cumming. Then I felt her hands and mouth increasing their pressure and speed. The cumming together was stormy and convulsive, as we moaned with our mouths full.

We both turned almost simultaneously right side up and wrapped each other up in our arms and kissed each other so that we could taste ourselves.

I looked at the clock, it was getting close to 8 PM. "Neeraja, we need top talk to Ma and Dad, they are expecting our call at 9 PM. Shveta and Arvind will also join in from the US. The timing will be ideal for all of us in different time zones."

"I want to talk to them Agni, what should I wear? Anything specific that they prefer?"

"Just be yourself Neeraja, wear what you are comfortable in. Even Mom wears jeans and trousers and shirts."

"Can I just wear a saree, a simple elegant one?"

"Of course my love, you look beautiful in sarees."

Neeraja started examining her face minutely in the mirror. "Hey, you are fine, just beautiful," I said.

"Your mom could make out you were in love by a single line in your text message. Just making sure there are no marks of love making on us," she said with a laugh, as she started examining my face.

"Neeraja, you don't know my mom, she would have expected us to make love after I proposed. She may be disappointed if she doesn't find any love bites on us."

"You are incorrigible Agni."

Neeraja checked out the couch and other aspects of the living room. "I can't give them the impression that I do not keep a tidy house," she explained. Satisfied that everything was in order, she sat next to me and held on to my right arm with both her hands. "I am so nervous Agni, cover up for me if I blabber something stupid."

I texted Ma. "We are ready Ma, tell us when to call."

In a couple of minutes, Ma's video call came in. I picked up the call, holding the phone at an angle so that only I was visible to them.

Ma and Dad came on the screen. Dad waved, Ma came straight to the point. "Where is Neeraja?" She asked.

"First say 'Hi' to me, Ma," I grinned.

"Hi, son, and I can see her hands holding on to your arm and I can see the ring," Ma's grin was even bigger than mine.

I slowly moved the phone so that both of us were now in the frame. Neeraja looked stunning.

"Welcome to the family Neeraja," said Ma.

"We are very happy to see you, my child," said Dad.

"Thank you Mama, thank you Papa, I am so overwhelmed by the love you are showing me, Agni has spoken much about you and I really love you both," replied Neeraja.

"That ring looks good on you. I only had that photograph of both of you and the size to go by. But your hand was visible in the photograph, so I just picked up the design that I thought would go best on your finger. Do you like it?"

"Mama, I love it."

"I love it when you address us as Mama and Papa, it really sounds beautiful and different. Now hold on, Shveta is calling, let me bring her into this call."

A moment later Shveta and Arvind were on the screen as it split down the middle.

"Bhaaaabheeee!" Shveta screamed. "Be very careful of my kid brother. In a blink of an eye he will wrap you around his little finger, he does that to Ma and he does that to me."

We all laughed, and then the conversation went into a cacophony as all of us were talking at the same time.

Once the excitement levels dropped and everyone had calmed down, Ma took charge of the conversation.

"Neeraja, can we have the wedding in December? It will be four months from now, I think we can do the preparations, though it will be rushed. December is the holiday season in Europe and the US, it is easy to get leave and I wouldn't want Shveta to travel in an advanced stage of pregnancy. I don't think you guys will want to wait for a year, would you?"

Neeraja looked at me. "Yes Mama, Agni told me about Shveta and Shveta, Arvind, congratulations to both of you. Mama, tell us what all you want done here, we will set the ball rolling."

"I have the checklist of Shveta's wedding, so I will use that to make one for you and email it across. In a couple of weeks, Papa and I want to come over. We have much of all the jewellery and other stuff that we have kept aside for our daughter-in-law in our bank lockers in Delhi. So we will come in via Delhi and bring the stuff. You can then decide which ones you want to keep, which ones need to be redesigned and all that. Some are family heirlooms that has come to us from our parents and grandparents, and I think both you and Shveta would like to retain them. Anyway, take a look and then you can decide."

"Mama, Papa, it is assumed that you will stay with us, and I want to be with both of you. We have a large house here, with enough space, so I will have everything ready for your stay. I will drive you around for all the shopping and other organisational work that you want done. I am so excited to meet you both. Come as soon as you can Mama, Papa."

"Yes, my child, of course we will stay with you. Take our numbers from Agni and call or text us directly should you need anything. Remember, we are your parents too from now on."

Shveta piped in. "Bhabhi, take my number from Kiddo, and stay in touch with me."

"Yes, Shveta, we will stay in touch, you take care of yourself and the baby. Arvind, you too, take care of both of them," said Neeraja.

We said our goodbyes and soon the screens turned blank.

"That was awesome," I said, "I suddenly realised that for the first time in my life, I was not the centre of all attention."

"Don't worry darling," she said, "it is now my responsibility to pamper and spoil you to the core."

"Neeraja, maybe we should have gone to Crowne Plaza, it seems weird that I propose, you accept and we don't celebrate with a meal."

"If you give me 30 minutes and help in the kitchen, we will have a yummy meal."

And that is how it was.

We started to make love again. "I want you to cum in me tonight, it is a safe period now," she whispered between kisses.

When we settled down to our pillow talk, I knew we had doodled yet another large continent on the sheets.

"Neeraja, my love, I need to discuss two important things with you."

"I am all ears."

"In another year and a half, maybe two, my assignment here will come to an end. I will be posted back to Germany, and then maybe to some other country. Are you fine coming along with me?"

She looked at me with that impish smile. "What happens if I want to stay here in this country"?

"I cannot stay without you for any extended period of time, so a long distance relationship is not an option at all. I have a Plan B."

She was still smiling. "So what is Plan B?"

"You know my company pays me in Euros, and my expenses here are very small. I have a rather neat sum saved up, and when converted to local currency at present exchange rates, the neat sum becomes a rather large sum. I can invest this to provide us with a decent income.

I was thinking of registering for a PhD with any of the leading Institutes here. I will have to sit for an exam, which I can manage with a bit of studies, and my specialised work experience will get me an entry easily. So I will be eligible for a fellowship. This will be enough to sustain us with the basic necessities of life, and the returns from my investments will take care of a few luxuries. It will be a little tough for about 4 to 5 years, but after that, I will have a well paying job, maybe soon become a professor, or work in the industry.

But most importantly, we don't have to live without each other. I need you constantly beside me Neeraja, you know that."

"Listen lover, whenever you get these crazy thoughts, especially thoughts of separation, just remember, I was your teacher once. So if you think I have not thought ahead, think again. The work I do is an online one, I can do it from anywhere in this world. Take me to any corner of this planet, to any desolate island, where ever. You are not going to be alone ever again. Now before I start rambling like a lunatic, just kiss me."

After a while, I ventured tentatively, "Neeraja, the other thing I wanted to discuss with you......"

"Shhhh," she said putting her fingers to my lips, "I know what you want to discuss, you want me to give you a baby, or is it babies?"

"Why are you women so astute? Ma looks at an innocuous text message and gets to know I am in love, you look into my eyes and you read my innermost thoughts...."

"Now you look into my eyes, read my thoughts. Do I want your baby?"

"Two of them."

"Correct, and the day we are married, we start the process of making the first one. Okay?"

"I love you Neeraja."

"And I love you, Agni. Now get some sleep, you have a workday tomorrow."

We waited at the exit gates of the airport and as soon as Neeraja saw Ma and Dad approaching, waving at us, she rushed into Ma's arms. Ma held her tight, and then she hugged Dad. I just stood there watching, till they realised I was waiting. Then they both hugged me. For a while no words were spoken.

Then Neeraja and I grabbed their suitcases and we started walking towards the parking lot. We had hired a small van, as Ma had told me they will be travelling with two large suitcases and Neeraja's car wouldn't have been able to accommodate the luggage. And suddenly all of us were talking nineteen to the dozen.

We reached home and as Ma and Dad settled in, Neeraja started giving her finishing touches to the lunch she had prepared.

After lunch, I had to go back to work. By the time I got back, it was nearing dinner time, and I found Neeraja had become best friends with Ma and Dad. I opened the fridge and I found two bottles of Belgian wine stored inside, and lots and lots of Belgian chocolates.

Madhu and Group Captain were already in the know of the developments and were very happy for us. When I told them that Ma and Dad were visiting us so that they could initiate plans for a December wedding, they had extended an invitation to all of us for dinner at their place.

We took the bottles of wine and the chocolates to their place. Dad, Ma, Group Captain and Madhu got along very well. They being in government service, found a lot of common ground to talk about and the women being serving officer's wives, had their own stuff to discuss.

The talk veered to the forthcoming wedding and its preparations. Dad was wondering if they should have the wedding in Delhi as most of his colleagues and friends were there, when Group Captain and Madhu suddenly excused themselves and went in to one of the other rooms. We didn't think much of it but they were still not out after 15 minutes and we started to wonder what was happening.

Then suddenly they appeared, grinning and Madhu looked at Ma and said, "Well, the groom's parents are here, so we went to find the parents of the bride so that she can be given away to the groom formally at the wedding."

We looked at them, not understanding what they were actually saying when Ma caught on. She hugged Madhu and then pulled Neeraja up.

"Neeraja, meet your parents," she said, pushing her towards them. That was when the rest of us caught on, and we let out a cheer. Neeraja of course was laughing and tears were tricking down her cheeks as she hugged them both.

"Henceforth both of you are Mummy and Daddy to both of us," declared Neeraja.

"So it is settled then, the wedding will be held here in this city and we will be the hosts," boomed Group Captain Vikki Malhotra. Dad poured out another round of the wine.

Ma was very thrilled. "I am leaving you in very good hands Neeraja, after we go back, you will have Madhu and Vikki to look after your shopping and trousseau and everything else that needs to be done."

The next few days were fast and furious. Neeraja drove Dad, Ma and Madhu all over the city as they went around with their checklist in hand. Group Captain and I were mostly at work, but on my days off, I chipped in as best as I could.

And soon it was time for Ma and Dad to go back to Belgium. "I will miss you both so much Mama and Papa," Neeraja said, her eyes moist.

Ma hugged her, "I have left enough things for you to do. Now that the wedding has been fixed for the 15th of December, we will be here at least three weeks before this date, so will Shveta and Arvind. I want both of you to come back with us to Belgium, where we will have a small reception on the 21st for our friends there. It will be a small gathering right in our home. You guys can then go on your honeymoon to any place you choose. I leave that bit of planning to you. Just remember, Europe will be cold in winters."

We drove back silently after seeing them off. "The house is so empty now Agni, I wonder how I managed living all alone for so many years."

"It is so empty even with me beside you?"

"Hmmmm, maybe not so empty but someone is empty without you inside her."

I held her tight. "Believe me my sweetheart, filling you up will be quite a fulfilling experience," and then I carried her into the bedroom.

Before we knew it, the 15th of December was upon us. The festivities lasted three full days. Best of all, we had Shveta and Arvind, Choppy and Arjun with us and they brought a different kind of Joie de vivre to the celebrations. Three of my colleagues came all the way from Germany, accompanied by their girlfriends, and they enjoyed watching and participating in an Indian wedding.

Group Captain and Madhu give away a very radiant and beautiful bride, and as it happens in India, it was not two persons, but two families that were united on this day.

Ma and Dad, thoughtfully, had arranged for three bridal suites at the hotel where we were married, one each for Choppy and Arjun, Shveta and Arvid and Neeraja and I. And that, we thought, was the best part of the celebrations.

Our parents saw us off till the elevators, and then we three couples moved towards our respective suites.

I swiped my key card, opened the door and stepped aside to let Neeraja in. Then I closed the door, latched it and turned around. Neeraja stood facing me, a wide smile on her face and her arms outstretched. I hastened into them and we held each other.

"I have longed for this day Agni, to hold you as my husband in my arms."

I kissed her forehead. She wore that traditional vermillion mark in the parting of her hair, the mark that signifies that she is now a married woman. Then I picked her up and carried her to our bridal bed, and gently laid her down on it.

"You tired sweetheart? After all the endless stuff that we had to go through?"

"Not really, are you?"

"Tonight, I am going to make love to a different woman, not my teacher, not my friend, not my girlfriend, not my lover but a woman I have married today and made my wife."

"And tomorrow?"

"From tomorrow onwards it will be the woman who comes into my arms. Whether she is my wife or my girlfriend or my friend or my lover or my teacher or just any thing that she feels like, that she will be."

"No common link amongst all these roles?"

"Yes, that link will soon come about, whatever she chooses to be, she will always be the mother of my children."

"Agni darling?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Are you only going to make love to me with your words, or are you going to commence implementing the standard operating procedures for making me a mother?"

I took my time undressing her, and then we made love. I left a lot of teeth marks on her breasts, on her back and on her inner thighs. We teased each other, one bringing the other to the brink of an orgasm, only to stop before going over the brink.

"Not any more, my husband, she cried, I want to cum now."

I pulled her over me. "You are in control, you are in charge, I am all yours," I said.

In a few minutes, she came, with loud moans interspersed with an "I love you" repeatedly. Then she flopped on to me, seeking my lips.

I rolled her over. "Your turn now, husband mine, complete the process of making me your wife," she whispered.

I came inside her in torrents, our fluids mingled in our loins, our saliva blended in our mouths, our sweat amalgamated on our skin as our minds merged with each other and our hearts united as one.

Consolidating

***********

The small auditorium was full. Occupying the third row was our family with Mama, Papa, Mummy, Daddy, Shweta, Arvind and their 5 year old daughter, Choppy, Arjun and their 2 year old son and I with our 4 year old boy. The occasion was Neeraja's public defence of her thesis, just one step away from her PhD in math.

The afternoon session would be mine, as I would present my defence for my PhD. By the end of the day, both of us would Doctors of Philosophy, ready to enter the world of academics and research.

It was our Plan B that eventually worked out, albeit with some modifications. Some three months into our married life, Neeraja was pregnant, yet she registered for her PhD after passing her entrance exam and sitting through a formal interview. After a semester of coursework, she took a break, we had our son, and a few months later, she commenced her research.

A year later, my project came to an end and I quit my job and took my plunge into academics. Both of us studied and did our research in the same Institute. The Institute had a day care where we could leave our son, and of course both sets of grandparents were available to support us in taking care of the baby as we went about our work.

And now, five years after our wedding, we were graduating on the same day. I was the proudest man in the hall as I watched my beautiful spouse, now six months pregnant as we prepared to welcome our second child, going with that rare combination of beauty and confidence as she presented her work to a gathering of eminent scholars, professors and students.

It was her last part of the presentation where she acknowledged the support that she received from her professors and her family comprising her adopted parents and sister, her parents and sister in-law and of course her husband and true love that drew the maximum applause.

The afternoon presentation was mine, and it cut through the audience like my missiles, and then the last part of my talk was almost identical to Neeraja's. The romanticism of a husband and wife, so head over heels in love and being awarded their PhDs together was not lost on the crowd. Our family members of course were beaming from ear to ear as many in the audience stepped out to shake their hands to acknowledge their contributions to our success.

While both of us had attractive job offers from the industry, we had decided to take a break for about six months. We were more inclined towards academics and research, we had the urge to train subsequent generations of students and researchers and were more keen to eventually become professors.

We had a great family dinner at one of the fine restaurants in the city. And then we asked everyone to join us at our home, Neeraja especially had an important presentation for the family. The children were tired and drifted off to sleep as we settled down.