All Comments on 'Duty'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 338 Comments
woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 7 years ago
Well told story

of a very sad moment. Many people hear of our warriors deaths but do not really understand. This story relates those emotions very well. Thank you Todd.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written about a very tough subject, military funerals.

Been there, done that and skipped the damn t-shirt, many times. Having the little things well covered brings back memories for me and that takes quite a lot as I've tried during the over 14 years since I retired from the Navy after 22 years of "fun".

BRAVO!!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Outstanding

Words fail me at 3:15 am. And I seem to have something in my eyes, blurring my vision. This is your best (along with the first St Claire story). Thank you.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 7 years ago
Damn...

....glad I was never part of that when I was in. Oorah battle.

chrisr357chrisr357about 7 years ago
Thank you

Strong story. Thank you

SystemShockSystemShockabout 7 years ago
Full marks

Nothing short of 5 stars.

I've seen several recent stories that glorify the extramarital exploits of military wives and girlfriends, and the very concept is sickening. You sorry pieces of subhuman trash can romanticize it all you like, but THIS is the reality more often than not.

Men who get "Dead John" letters overseas, then intentionally trip an IED the next day.

Men who finally get to hear their wife's voice after weeks or months, only to find out that her loyalty was tested and found lacking. Then they get picked off by the enemy during a routine patrol because their minds were a thousand miles away while their bodies were in a combat zone.

Men who dodge death and dismemberment to come home safe, only to find out that their wife, their rock, has moved on and didn't bother to send out a memo. Then they drown themselves in a bottle and end up swallowing a gun barrel.

That is the reality. That is what military wives risk if/when they cheat. It is not "sexy", it is not "erotic"; it is disgusting. It is vile and putrid, as are the "people" who try to glorify it, and those who defend it. Their very existence is an insult to the men and women who serve in the armed forces.

The LW category needed a story like this. Like a PSA that discourages drunk driving by showing the gruesome aftermath of a car crash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOW

A very real and harrowing retell of a most difficult subject. You gave great insight into what goes on in a military mind, from burying a soldier who has committed suicide, his fellow men and women of honor, and their families. I've noticed from comments on this story and others from military or former military servicemen, and excuse me if it's the wrong place to ask but not really knowing anywhere else to ask it, the horrors you have seen while being on active duty, the constant struggle of those mind movies you have seen in war, we talk of those mind movies of seeing your wife committing adultery as bad, It would not even compare to a servicemen who has had to serve in active duty. Do you still believe in a higher power if you ever did, or has it changed from before you served to now. Again, I know it's a sensitive question, I mean no disrespect, I truly am very humbled by your sacrifice to serve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
That's nice and all

but you don't have to look very deep into a video search to find military men cheating on their non-military wives, a violation of the UCMJ that is never prosecuted. Unlike the unexplained acronyms in this story that docked it a star. Yeah, I know what they are, you know what they are, but the other dumb shits reading this don't.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
A LOT OF TRUTH IN THIS STORY

and it still continues to this date ....when a military person is killed overseas and their body will be shipped back to their home town,,,,,the base where the coffin is flown in will provide a "Death or Coffin" detail to escort the coffin. They do try and provide the same branch for each coffin, It is not a good duty, but a very necessary task. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Vietnam Vet

in 69, i lost a buddy after received word his wife found someone else and was divorcing him. He didn't off himself, but he was a lost soul. A few days later on patrol we engaged charlie. I saw him go down. He just dropped his piece and spread his arms. The result was the same. Sometimes even now I see him in dreams. He was a good man. I don't know what became of her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Outstanding

Excellent!!! Your best one. You dealt compassionately with a sensitive topic, not just the funeral but the cause. You walked me through an emotional minefield and I came out of it a much better man. I pray you have more of this inside of you because people really need to read more of your excellent writing. Bravo Zulu!!! SF VET

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

I never expect to see true class like this here. This could be mainstream. Kudos to you sir and a well earned 5.

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well said... and...

thank you... so few know and understand...

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 7 years ago
Thank you.

If I could,this would be 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
did a few for friends as OIC

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

thank you.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
For those of us who served...

Thank You.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Memories

You brought a few memories to the surface. Well told.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Brought back memories

I was on the funeral detail for Pennsylvania in the mid eighties for about a year and a half. The worst case was a murder/suicide. The daughter was the victim Her family hated the army, and us by extension. The funeral was in the middle of winter, and they made us stay outside during the church service. That was a long day.

roguerrillaroguerrillaabout 7 years ago
Absolute truth!

Beautiful story. Todd172 is one of the few remaining authors that bring me back to Literotica. Thank you for this one!

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 7 years ago
Damn onions

This tale spoke to me in ways that hopefully others rarely have to feel.

Unlike the M*A*S*H song, Suicide is NOT painless - it hurts those left behind in profound ways.

If ratings had been on - this would have been a 5* effort, however they aren't and I will just have to thank you for your words.

mony50usmony50usabout 7 years ago
I was a CACO

I made that long walk from the black sedan to the family who had lost someone. It was my duty to inform them of the death of their loved one. There was never a more painful duty in my 31 years in the Navy. Your story was well written and spot on. Thank you

Wonderman1Wonderman1about 7 years ago
great story

Very good and well done. A military funeral is one of the most powerful events I have ever been too. Folding the flag still makes my eyes water.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
silent reflective soul

Rolling thunder has descended upon the awakening valley,

A silenced universe mutely reflects

The final drop of fallen rain is now lilac scented

I am now, will eternally remain

for the sacrifice of the unequaled few

These words of the one

FOREVER INDEBTED

mopar_guymopar_guyabout 7 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you for your service.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Uncle Charlie

This is just a small technical nit to pick. Why would Uncle Charlie smell of valve oil if he's a saxophone player?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I eagerly await each of your submissions.

wonder203wonder203about 7 years ago
Amazing

I can read the pain and the truth of what you write. In one way I hope that these are not real and you don't carry around the weight of that but in other ways I hope they are and am grateful that there are men and women that have that much strength to do the jobs that need to be done. Most people have more strength than they know but few have enough to stand for the rest.

Thank you for your duty to your country and to your stories.

LM

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
The Sound Of Taps At The Cemetery....

....is a memory you will never forget. At the last military burial I attended (my father in law, a WW2 vet), the bugler stationed herself in the tree line, about 100 yards away from the grave site, and the rendition of Taps she delivered was extremely moving, as you might expect.

Although I won't be around to hear it, I expect that my survivors will have similar memories after Taps is played at my service.

Thank you, Todd, for this moving piece that honors all who have served our country under arms.

korba76korba76about 7 years ago
Why don't people...

... check their shit before opening their mouths?

Valve oil is used by many saxophonists in place of the Key oil they forgot to buy, or couldn't find; lol!

It is not so dark a tale as might have been; good job Todd...

aguyfromthe60saguyfromthe60sabout 7 years ago
vivid, heart felt

you captured the feeling perfectly, thank you for the story

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

Been present at two honors ceremonies, one uncle, one brother in law. They are moving experiences even when the death is from natural causes. As usual, the story is excellent, but now I need to step outside and let the sunshine and a cup of coffee brighten my day a bit.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 7 years ago
OMG!

Reminds me of my Dad's funeral with full military honors. My eyes are super blurry right now. I miss him so much, even if he was 92 when he died. I really can't listen to Onward Christian Soldiers or Taps any more. They were the last things played at his funeral.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Well done

As dark as any story on this site. Well-written as always. Not much more to say about this. I know you wrote this as a response to a certain reader here, but I suspect that writing this was therapeutic for you as well. At least I hope so.

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
Great insight

into a military funeral, your life, your past, and what has shaped you into the writer you are today. Of course 5*, when I see your name I save it for last tor read, but then I get antsy wading thru the muck and click over,,,thx for your service.

jasjonjasjonabout 7 years ago
5☆

As a 26 year retired Army veteran and Iraq vet (Baqubah, Diyalia Province 03) this story strikes a chord. Great writing, Todd172.

christmas_apechristmas_apeabout 7 years ago

my words aren't adequate, but thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Intense

Sums up this story...

...and my need for some sweet potato pie.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Immensely Moving

Beautiful/Horrible Tale. But one that everyone should read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

It is the little things about duty and honor that make the man. We are proud of you. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

Just wow. When I got to the end of this story I found that a whispered 'Jesus' had slipped from my lips. Powerful stuff.

FBG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Thank you for sharing your story. Like you I hope the SOB Who started this got his just desserts my prayers are with the family at all specially the children and my thanks and gratitude with all those who serve to protect us from those who want to take our freedom and our lives. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A very sad but all too common an occurance.

While you might hate cheaters, i have learned you cant judge someone until youve been a mile in their shoes. i had an affair with my work. I spent 16 hour days and the only 8 hour days i had were my days off and i did this for over a year.

My wife cheated on me because she was lonely but i left her for my career. Whos at fault? Her? Me?

Cheating comes in many forms and as the good book says: He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 7 years ago
Ouch

that hurt. Beautiful story but painful. Especially knowing that it is based on a true story. Thanks for sharing.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348about 7 years ago
Well Written as usual

I'm proud of you!! Thank you for so many things.

Ed

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Feel your pain

I am ex military and I lost 46 shipmates in a fire on the carrier I served on back in '66. Seeing those flag draped coffins was something I'll never ever forget. That included the Chaplin who was buried at sea when the ship was returning to the states for repairs. I left the ship while we were in the Subic Bay as I was due to get out and wasn't there for the service. I often think about that and still thank those that have and are serving in our military. Thank you for serving and for sharing your pain with us.

Respectfully yours,

Santacruzman

texquilltexquillabout 7 years ago
BEAUTIFULY DONE

The author does a wonderful job of portraying the unintended consequences of succumbing to life's pressures and temptations - and of the impact that bad decisions can have on others. We're fortunate that Todd172 shares his talent with us!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
System shock comments were right on the mark

First i did serve 8 years in the US Navy in Naval intelligence. But frankly I hope the wife is burning in hell.

The snake only gets into the house if you leave the garage door open

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yes, a sad tale of those that serve

This reminds me of a certain predator who doesn't give a damn who suffers in his quest for self gratification. A dark tale of the destruction of a family by those that pray on the weak and lonely, but like mentioned by Harry, the door was left open, or perhaps forced open by deceit. Sad story. I'm surprised that nobody bitched about this being in the wrong category. Some consolation, at least one decent story to read today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: System Shock

I salute you for mirroring my thoughts. I find nothing more disgusting than those that prey on married women, especially military wives. A firing squad wouldn't do justice to those scums. A much needed statement to counteract some of the obnoxious trash glorifying cheating. 5* effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

Great!

wrangler61wrangler61about 7 years ago
Honors

I don't know how many funeral Honors I have served at over the past 20 years. Presenting the Colors to the next of kin is always very difficult and emotional for me.

Very good description and background story and it's nice to hear others feelings of duty. After its, you may continue to feel duty bound as many others like me to continue this as long as physically able.

Thanks. Good submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well done, Armed Forces Day

https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/mobile/

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Thank you author for this story

Humbling to read this one. "As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more." As an aside, I agree with HIV's comment. The wife should have devoted herself to their kids and raised them up, but instead, she took the easy way out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Outstanding!

Hits like a bayonette in the gut!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Systemshock is Dead On Target

5 Star effort for this story

Going after a deployed solders wife is lower than whale shit.

LW stories of open relationship "accommodations" or "understandings" when a soldiers is deployed just feel wrong. Different strokes for different folks if it occurs in reality. I'd sure stay the hell away from a soldier's significant other, with or without permission.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772about 7 years ago
Damn it

Another fabulous telling, but this one hits so sharply. Superb job, sir.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 7 years ago
Not sure what to say...

Thank you. *****

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 7 years ago
Thanks Todd, for the basic story, and a great depiction of how things can be....

When those who are not locals are forced into social situations in the hood. As noted, good PSA. Santacruzman, sounds like the Oriskany? Duty and Honor can be knee buckling burdens at times. But where would we be without them? Never forget the worthy, the real victims, and people who die trying. OldBearSwitch..too fat and stupid to fly for Tio Sammy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow!

You said so much in so few words. Thanks!

leviayersleviayersabout 7 years ago
worthy

of all praise 5* thank you

ptolmetptolmetabout 7 years ago
Beautifully sad story

The sadness shows through the whole story. The imagery is beautiful.

I can feel it pull on heart strings. Very well done.

Thank you for sharing this experience.

foolscapfoolscapabout 7 years ago
Thankyou Todd

You humble me.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 7 years ago
Hell ...

That's one way to get a five!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Week done...

...Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
13 Folds

Another great story.

A Soldier's Dad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
That's a page out of my history book Sarge

Near the end of The RVN war, I handled the funerals and Casuslty Notification for far more Marine corps families than I care to count and could write a book about them all... Thanks and lets just say you could probably write how it helped me see the more positive side of my eventual 42 years of service to my country.. and it prepared me for my second career as a cop. That same battleground quiet a few of us old "Nam" Marines found ourselves pursuing. Jody still needs to keep his head down around us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

wrong category. why you keep posting your stuff in LW is beyond me.

foolscapfoolscapabout 7 years ago
@anonymous "wrong category"........ Wrong

The wife had extramarital fun, her husband had anguish and pain beyond imagination. Perhaps you don't care for the more true to life cheating stories which recognize the actual pain and suffering caused by cheating. Did you not appreciate that actions and decisions have consequences.

This is a fine story and you seem unworthy to have read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It's a hard job

But one that must be done. Been in a similar place a few times, and it's hard to keep the tears in check. It is an Honor, never a burden, and each lost Solider is a brother or a sister. We may have never served by their side but we served with them. No matter the cause of their passing, they are still ours to render the honors to.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Powerful

Its situations like this that have colored my opinions about marital infidelities . I was in the Navy , and I've been in the E-club the night after a carrier group would pull out for a multi-month cruise . The number of tan lines on the left fingers was simply shocking ! Maybe not all of them were trolling , but a large percentage were .

I've also sat and talked through the night with my best friend the day he got his Dear John letter . Our Chief took me aside and told me my job for the next week was to not let him out of my sight for anytime except when he was asleep , showering , or shitting .

I remember waking up to Man Overboard because some young sailor got the dreaded letter and threw himself off of the flight deck into the night sea .

One has to see the other side of infidelity , its usually not very pretty .

Todd you never cease to amaze me with your talents .

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001about 7 years ago
Difficult to say the least

Those of us in law enforcement have a similar view. You never get over the outcome. The flag, the 21 gun salute, taps and the last call. For those who have never been to a law enforcement resting, the last call is dispatch calling the officer by his unit number and getting no response. The dispatcher then lets everyone know the officer is 10-42 (home). They have gone home without a response. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, we have lost 6 within the last year. Not an easy road to go down. Thank you for your observations. They have helped.

gordo12gordo12about 7 years ago
Wow

Found myself agreeing with Foolscap for once.

Powerful story and the side of war that so many have no idea of.

5*

SgtmjrSgtmjrabout 7 years ago
Thank You

20 years active,5years reserve, more combat areas than I care to remember, and you told a story that, in all my experience, Hit the only duty I will nor would never repeat. My personal experience was a hometown friend but it was pretty much the same. Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am for my wife who has suck by me thru it all.

no1specificno1specificabout 7 years ago
Widows and Orphans

I have written the letter. I have journeyed with the Chaplin to make the notification. I have stood with the widow, children and orphans. It sucks when it is caused by an accident. I hurts when it is caused by enemy action. It is reprehensible when it is caused by the ones you love, the ones you are trying to defend.

I truly hope, Todd, that in this telling you quiet a demon or two.

HOIST: tag JULIET tag

luedonluedonabout 7 years ago
At least 20 of the 77 comments on this story

Came from people who identify as having served in the military forces. A couple of others were from people who have attended military funerals. (And it seems that there were no women among them.)

But it's not only on this story. It seems to me that many of the comments on a lot of Loving Wives stories come from ex-military men. Would I be correct in the assumption that LW stories somehow attract men who have served in the armed forces?

I don't notice the same pattern of responses to stories in other categories. Am I right? And if so, any ideas on why it is so?

Lue

AxelottoAxelottoabout 7 years ago

Fuck, that was bleak. 5 stars.

Thanks to all who have had to do that last duty, glad I never had to myself.

FirstwithUFirstwithUabout 7 years ago
Marine pilot

Nephew is Captian in Marines flying Ospres. He's seen and been involved in some very bad situations. His head has to be on straight 24/7 365 or it's a very high probability everyone around him dies. My nieces husband is an Airforce Captain. I can't reveal his job speck but lives depend on him every day doing his job right every time. That's a lot of stress for anyone and everyone of our service men and women do it voluntarily.

This story brought tears to my eyes. It reveals the pain that happens when your sacrifice has been betrayed by those you love and depend on for strength to get through Hell. And the consequences.

Thank you for your service. May God bless you and give you peace. Thank you for this story .

FristwihU

Bradp1974Bradp1974about 7 years ago
Duty

I was part of the base funeral detail at one of my assignments. Sometimes doing more than a funeral a week. I've seen grown men fall to their knees in tears. I've seen little kids ask "Why?" The hardest for me, however, was when I was the rifle detail SNCO. Many times, as I faced the flag draped casket, waiting on my signal, I've watched the spouse try to remain strong, try to hold in the tears. I knew it was coming. I received my signal, and at that first crack of the rifle, I've seen the spouse just break. The tears, the crying, the yelling and screaming...

To this day, after laying so many to rest, I will not attend any more funerals. I was asked why when my Air Force veteran Aunt passed. "I've put to many in the ground, I can't see it again. I will remember the good times, and do it my own way."

For those that complain, for those that bitch...

"For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

You've put into words what so many of us have seen and been through. An amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Todd, it was a moving story, and it gave us a window into your sensibilities. I think you need to give the widow a break for being scared, vulnerable, and human.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent Simply Excellent

This is a very moving story. Having attended more than a few military funerals, this story really hit home. Taps gets me every time.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOW

Todd172, having. Been privileged to serve on a Honor Detail, this was AWESOME

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 7 years ago
Very good!

I felt the emotions from start to finish. It was great. Thanks!

dinkymacdinkymacabout 7 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I will

Next time I'm in a latrine in a war zone I'll look for a bullet hole. I hope it's in a war worth dying for.

Otis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Right on target.

As a father of a KIA from Operation Iraqi Freedom, this hit very close to home. I have also attended most of the funerals of Fallen soldiers in my area since 2003, and in my humble opinion the Marines take care of their own, period. They are there with the family for as long as it takes, rendering any and all assistance with dignity and honor.

It makes no difference how the person died, the Marines do a great job. In 2011 I attended 4 Marine funerals, one of them a suicide. They were all hard to attend, but much like the character in the story, I too did not have to attend, but I did so that the families knew they were not alone. That someone was there to talk to, share experiences with. Having gone thru what the family has gone thru, it gave some comfort to those families.

Great read from the point of view of the honor guard, not a pleasant duty, but a necessary one. Thank you, sir.

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
A very good story...darker than the night...

A very good story...darker than the night, but demonstrate as a dark story like this is a bright light beam in the darkness of a lot of garbage stories posted lately in LW! Reading some of the comments is enough to see how powerful this story is...4*

bedwards43bedwards43about 7 years ago
Thank you from Australia.

Every time the U.S. is in a shit war, we're in there with you. This story most likely happens in this country also. but we never hear about it. It takes special people to go war to keep us safe, and most of the time none of us really appreciates what it is that you do, we just accept it as your job, I sell coffee, you get shot at.

So many times we watch on T.V. as the Burial Details do their job and we forget that they're human too. I'll never watch another military or police funeral now without looking at it in a totally different light.

I have friends who fought in Vietnam who were abused physically and verbally when they returned, and now have as much trouble dealing with that abuse, as they have with the action that they saw.

This is the best story I've ever read on this site. I'm pretty hard to please and so I've only ever given 5 to three other stories, as I think you need to save something for a special post like this. But then I think every time that 5 just isn't enough for the work submitted, there really should be dispensation for something like this.

I hope Todd that you are able to handle your demons better than my friends handled theirs. May God bless you and your wife my friend, and I thank you for your service.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@luedon

I would think that for most stories there is no particular need to reference past service.

wagtoowagtooabout 7 years ago
Excellent

Well Done, As a Veteran who was on Burial Detail, I commend you. It is a Hard Duty, but also an honor.

checkaho013checkaho013about 7 years ago
THANK YOU

Thank you for doing your Duty and more

deadonedeadoneabout 7 years ago
very hard to read

It generated so much emotion that I had to stop and leave it several times.

After a long and interesting life, at my fathers grave side service the Honor Guard was gave such meaning and grace to a very hard time.

Thank you for this story, thank you.

ephesiosephesiosabout 7 years ago
powerful stuff

Powerful story. A great attempt to capture the emotions that happen when something like this occurs. Of course there is no way to truly capture them unless you experience this yourself, but amazing nonetheless.

This is probably your best story. Thank you for your service.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Someone already used my preferred term...Powerful

Thank you for your service. Your rendition was riveting, powerful and emotion provoking. I can't imagine how difficult such a job would be.

My lifting partner is a minister. Oddly enough, he prefers funerals to weddings. The pain of burying a loved one is something I can't handle and more than once walked away from a future when I was young. Even if I don't know the person who died, I cry for the pain of those who lost the person.

ArsVampyreArsVampyreabout 7 years ago
I have to admit

Whenever I see a story with your name as the author, I'm excited for what I know will be a great story.

You have never disappointed me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A moving account

Thank you for your service. It was a moving account of what I can only empathize with what you had to do. I deplore the treatment our soldiers are getting at this time. I pray it changes for the better soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hard Duty.

The story captures of essence of dealing with a sucide's next of kin.

I served nearly 2 years as what is now referred to as a casulaty assistance officer. The sucides were by far the worst. Often the angar of the family at the sucide was over welming. Families can understand combat casulaties. They can not understand the rejection of a sucide.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 7 years ago
Well done

A beautiful, moving, captivating story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...