Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We headed home after. Lily pulled the car into the garage, clicked the door closed, and we went inside. Lily stood stock still. She turned to me, made a 'shh' motion with her fingers, reached into her purse, and pulled out a gun. Oh my god. I wasn't going to take any chances. I walked to the phone on the kitchen counter, punched in 911and put the receiver down. Lily turned to me, I shook my head -- no, don't. I pointed to the phone. She nodded.

Not five minutes later, I was at the door, opened it, and held a finger to my lips. The impossibly big dude nodded, waved to those behind him, and they did what cops do, inside and out. They came back with an 'all clear' a few minutes later. I looked at Lily. She was pale. I knew there was something ... I went to her and whispered, "Whatever it is, just say it." She looked at me, blinked, and nodded.

"Officer, there may not be anything missing or whatever, but someone was here tonight. This is my home and I just know it!" Thankfully, the cop in charge had a female as his partner.

She stepped up. "Ms. Russo, what is it that you sense is amiss?" Lily shook her head.

"I ... honest to god, I don't know exactly. That's what set me off." She looked at me. I smiled and nodded. "I'm not sure. I may just be a little jittery. Ginger was assaulted in her apartment yesterday. We're both a little shook up about that. She found out this morning that her assailant was released on bail. I just ... I might be wrong, but it feels like someone has been in the house. I'm calling a security company tomorrow morning first thing."

The police woman was empathetic; her partner, not so much. She promised that patrols would do a couple of drive bys tonight and notice would be given to the day shift. We thanked them for responding so quickly. Shortly after they left my phone rang. I nearly fainted. The called ID showed it was Nora. I showed it to Lily; she shrugged. I opened the phone.

A man's voice said, "Is this Emily? This is Jim Carpenter, Nora's fiancé." I had waved Lily over and she was listening next to my ear. "I'm sure this is a shock; I apologize for that. May I speak with you for a moment?"

"Yes Jim, this is Emily. How can I help you?"

"Emily, I'm calling to apologize. What happened yesterday was uncalled for on a lot of levels. Among other things I want you to know -- there will be no repeat of yesterday. Her attorney, her parents, the children are all madder than hell. I'm none too pleased to find out some of what went on but that's history now." That last got a major eye roll from Lily. "Nora was simply too embarrassed to call. May I hand her the phone?" That was easy.

"No. I appreciate the call, Jim. I have no interest in seeing or talking to Nora -- ever!" Lily nodded. "I'm going to say good night now."

"I understand and will pass your thoughts along. Thank you for taking the call. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision. Good night." I closed the phone. Lily hugged me.

"Do you think that puts some closure on this, Lily? Does he have enough influence with Nora to make this crap stop?"

"It's pretty hard to say for certain honey, but he certainly sounded earnest. I'm calling the security company first thing."

"Lily, let's you and me go do our own walk through. We'll start by rechecking and locking all the windows and doors. While we do, you can tell me about your gun." I let my eyes show my unhappiness. She smiled a tight little smile. "I notice that it wasn't visible when the P O L I C E came. Do you have the proper permits?"

"Of course I do Ginger. I'm successful, I have a very nice home, and I'm with strangers in empty homes a lot. If you remember, it was a female client who seduced me. If it had been a man, it could have turned very ugly -- or worse. I know it's happened to others. After the seduction I went about getting licensed. I bought the gun, went to a range, and was taught how to shoot. You're one of only a few who even know about the weapon." We talked about this as we both wandered through the first floor, checking doors and windows. Lily grabbed her purse, we sat down, and she took out the gun. "It's a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber. I use .32 caliber H&R hollow point bullets. If I'm going to shoot, I want whoever I'm aiming at to go down. Here, take it." I shook my head. "It's very light." Lily took my hand and put the damn thing in it. Good lord, it is ridiculously light. I handed it back to her. Lily looked me dead in the eye as she spoke. "I'll take you to the range and you'll learn to shoot." Shit! Hmm, maybe; we would see.

"I'm not comfortable with this, Lily, but we'll see."

"And I'm not comfortable with the woman I love being assaulted and raped and, if Kathy hadn't come when she did, most likely worse. So you'll learn how to defend yourself. And yes, for this, please do talk with Mo." Oh great; I pretty much could guess how that conversation would go. Oh well, these are the kinds of things that happen in a relationship. The unbreakable bond is built strand by strand, an inch at a time.

"I have another session with Kathy on Tuesday. Are you okay with me inviting her over?" I already knew the answer.

"Of course I am honey. I'd love to meet her, of course, and give her my thanks for saving you from harm. Does she know about us?" I blushed and shook my head. "Oh. Well, then she'll find out Tuesday, won't she?"

"Yeah, she will. I just know you'll like her honey. She's absolutely wonderful. She knows her stuff and is very diligent in getting me to do the exercises just so. I just love her to death."

"My, my I believe my Ginger has a serious girl crush on this Kathy. Do I have yet another one to worry about?" Lily said this with a gigantic grin and twinkling eyes. Crap! I wanted to melt into the cushions I was so embarrassed.

"I kissed her Saturday after she rescued me, Lily. I want to say it was the emotion of it all, but, yeah, she's just so gorgeous. I do have a bit of a crush on her." Lily smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

"Sometimes, honey, I forget that this is still relatively new to you. You look at every woman you see a little differently than you did before Julia came into your life. I know just how you feel. I was very much 'Lilyslut' for quite some time after my first time. I just want my honey to come home to me." That last was with a wink. This woman of mine -- she does know me and she gets me too!! How cool is that?

We turned off the lights in the front of the house and went to the bedroom. It was late. I used the washroom first. I washed up after ... just to get some of ... umm ... just to freshen up. Lily was sitting on the bed. She smiled at me, stood, kissed me and headed to the bathroom. I slid into bed. I had a moment and cried. I was wildly happy, content and I wondered who the hell this woman in my body was. Emily Sue Rogers? Yeesh! Long gone. Long live the Queen, the Queen is dead ... or something like that. Ginger Butler? Oh yeah baby! Heart's 'Will You Be There in the Morning?' You bet honey, tomorrow morning and beyond. Thinking of the words ... when Lily came out of the bathroom I had tears. She stood and stared. I held my arms out to her and melted into her when she lay with me. It was sweet and slow. 'You're my obsession, my addiction, my drug.' And I took every bit of her -- sweet and low. Her cries of pleasure were sweet music in my ears. I did nothing but give ... often. When Lily finally had her fill we kissed sweetly. She fell asleep on my shoulder. I cried a little about it all. It was just so wonderful. I finally slipped away.

Author's Note: As ever, this is a flight of fantasy; completely fictitious. If there is any resemblance to anyone walking among us my apologies. Another author put it so well: "The site is free. The author is 'paid' in comments and votes." I hope you've enjoyed another chapter of a rather long tale!!

This story is dedicated to someone very special -- the 'other' AVL. A little over a year and, remarkably, half a million words later, my life is so much different. Readers from all over the world have found my stories. This is an incredible site with so many gifted writers. Without her prodding, teasing and assistance I wouldn't have found my muse. She saw talent I had no clue I possessed. She saw growth while I struggled to find the right words as I wrote. I'm still in awe and amazed at it all. This story lay unfinished for quite some time. I had to come back to it, finish it, and publish it as a tribute to her. I miss her.