All Comments on 'Emmy's Adventures Pt. 01'

by beygaze1

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

I gave you 4 stars despite the fact that you have clearly never read even a single one of the books of Gor. To label them as "smut" proves that fact. I have read the entire original series of 25 books numerous times and know for a fact that there is not a single explicit scene anywhere in them. In fact, if it were not for the slavery aspect of the themes, the entire series could easily fall into a PG13 rating... and even that is questionable.

beygaze1beygaze126 days agoAuthor

Re:Smut

I mean "smut" in the best possible way. As an impressionable young man, I read the hell out of the first dozen or so Gor books. And, while I enjoyed the swords, world, and intrigue, it was the slave girls that kept me reading. "Explicit" can be in the eye of the beholder, he certainly used euphemisms and talked around the sex, but in a way that gave the imagination some pretty strong images to work with. Were the words "cock", "dick" or even "penis" used? No, but "entered" and "used" were used and I use them in my works because of reading and rereading (at least the juicy parts) Gor books, especially Slave Girl of Gor. Judging from the running theme of slave girls in my writing, I would say it had a pretty strong impact on me. You could get rid of the slave girls and get a PG or Pg-13 rating, but I would not have read them as much as I did. The slave girls gave it that extra flavor that separated it from so many other books in the sci-fi/fantasy section of the mall bookstore for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeygaze1@beygaze1
The Adventures of Emmy share a world with the rest of my stories. but it is not necessary to have read any others to understand them. If you are new to Elaine, the order of the stories is: 1-When Elaine Met Amanda 2-Elaine at the Party (a prequel) 3-Taking Elaine (the traditi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES