All Comments on 'Four Wishes and an Elf'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
KachinaDollKachinaDoll6 months ago

I really enjoyed the story but you have a habit of missing out quotation marks. Alvina is a wonderful character who resonated with me. 5*

TheDokTheDok6 months agoAuthor

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know exactly where they are missing but I noticed them only after the story was accepted for publication. By then it was too late. .Unfortunately, something always seems to escape editing.

StrappySandalsStrappySandals6 months ago

NICE!!!! A wonderful Christmas tale that closed all loose ends. And, I think, the moral of the story is "BE KIND" you never know who's watching... Happy Holidays and good luck!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great storyline. Really enjoyed it! 5 *

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

" She was a Scottish Presbyterian Elf from somewhere North of the Border with a degree in mathematics"

Love it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Can’t buy the contemporary modern elf stuff. 4 stars.

Campus77Campus776 months ago

A magnificent story. A real tear jerker. All the twists and turns turn out right for each of the characters. What an imagination you have! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and all you wishes come true in the new year. I think your tale deserves the winning story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Well done holiday story! You sprinkle a little bit of magic, Christmas Story ghost, and simple human love together for a heart warming read. 4.5*

RK52RK526 months ago

Nicely done and an enjoyable first read for the season.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very good, except Presbyterians would NEVER use kneelers to pray.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens6 months ago

Very well done! I appreciate a good Xmas story, and I really enjoyed this one. Five stars, and I wish I could have given it more.

LovesDancingLovesDancing6 months ago

Great story telling!

ArkSoutherngentArkSoutherngent6 months ago

Great Story, well told and fun..!!!!!

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT6 months ago

Wonderfull story, well written, well deserved of 5*

SatyrDickSatyrDick6 months ago

[11.11.23]

A wonderful story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

No Dok, this will not win the Christmas best story award, but it sure is a great tale of love.

Thanks mate! I enjoyed it greatly.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A fun read marred slightly by a slew of punctuation errors, e.g.:

"Hurry up, you old bag, I heard him say softly."

"Why not, I asked. Merry Xmas."

Oh, dear. I've mucked it up again, haven't I? I already mentioned Santa, didn't I?"

"Before you start what's your name," I asked.

Today, I did something I was not authorised to do.

elves working in the field stay can stay in them

"I've thought about you every day for the last eight months I said. I love you, Alvina."

TheDokTheDok6 months agoAuthor

To anonymous who has listed my errors. thank you. I'd already picked up on five of them and you've found another two, However hard I try something always slips through. My only excuse is I write for fun not profit. I'll submit an edited version of this story when the contest is over

OnRagingWaves666OnRagingWaves6666 months ago

Excellently crafted story. Despite its fantastic topic, it is written very realistically (I know, quite the oxymoron), telling an actual story. Too often substance is sacrificed for salaciousness, this one didn't. It embraced the Christmas spirit, held romance and the sex scene also was tastefully done. Would give more than 5 stars if I could.

EverydayMagicEverydayMagic6 months ago

Good stories like this one cross a lot of category lines: "First time," "Romance," "Non-human," and

"Erotic," to name a few. My preference would be "Sci Fi and Fantasy." I love this story and I hope it wins an award. 5 stars and a 5th wish.

EverydayMagicEverydayMagic6 months ago

I loved this story! Like all great stories, this story can fit into any one of a number of different categories besides "romantic," such as "non-human," "first time" and "erotic." "Sci-fi and fantasy" would be my preferred (the best fantasy stories are romantic IMHO). 5 stars and a fifth wish. I hope it's granted.

(I thought I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it here so I reposted it. Forgive me if it comes up twice).

memorable_eventmemorable_event6 months ago

I liked this story very much. It's an imaginative idea of elves and humans' interaction. As is normally the case in Literotica stories, there are a few missing capitals and punctuation problems but those don't take away from the quality of the story. Just one upgrade I would recommend. Stilton cheese is named for the village of Stilton and is a protected designation of origin (PDO). The name should always be capitalized. Well done.

KachinaDollKachinaDoll6 months ago

Oh dear, the geek in me is coming out. If you were to make cheese in the village of Stilton, you can't call it Stilton Cheese. By law, Stilton Cheese can only be made in the counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire or Leicestershire. The village of Stilton is in Cambridgeshire. It's called Stilton Cheese because the Great North Road ran through the village of Stilton where the cheeses were loaded onto carriages for transport to London. I'll go back to my coffee now. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Five stars but why do you frequently use Xmas instead of Christmas?

TheDokTheDok6 months agoAuthor

@anonymous Firstly thank you for your score.

I have always used the two spellings for Christmas interchangeably believing them to be both valid uses of English. I would agree that if I had used only one spelling it would have perhaps been “neater.” This would not have been possible in the short description of the story since there is a limit of thirty characters for doing this.

In response to your question, I googled “Is it wrong to say, ‘Xmas’ instead of ‘Christmas’?”

I was intrigued to read that some people see the spelling Xmas as an attempt to take Christ out of Christmas. Although this may be some people's intention it was certainly not mine.

The New Testament was originally written in Greek and Christ was written Χριστός and begins with an X and Xmas was an abbreviation of Christmas with no ulterior motive intended.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

A good story, well done.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u6 months ago

I wish you well in the competition, I found this delightful and very much in the spirit of Christmas.

texlootexloo5 months ago

That was simply lovely. It was heartwarming, clever, and a unique take on an old plot hook.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A sweet simple fable with a little spice. I enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous