All Comments on 'Happy 24th Anniversary, Literotica!'

by Literotica

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
21stcv21stcvover 1 year ago

Would it be possible to read the first stories published in each category?

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year ago

Waaaaait a minute, here. Does this mean that Literotica.com was involved in sexual situations before it was 18 years old? Shocked! Shocked, I am!

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneover 1 year ago

Thanks for giving us a place to stretch our wings!

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029over 1 year ago

Happy birthday Lit! This is a great platform and I've discovered many inspired talents here.

Psst! @PayneHall, come back with a story pretty please. I'm having withdrawal! :)

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLover 1 year ago

Congrats to all who make Literotica happen !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you very much

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 1 year ago

Congratulations Laurel and Manu. You have done a truly outstanding job! ~~JB Edwards

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Wow already a huge milestone! A sincere thank you to the past, present and dearly departed authors who have submitted there writing efforts to this site! I can only express my sincere appreciation for you the many hours of reading enjoyment I have achieved from this site. To many authors who have achieved further and greater success - don’t forget where you polished your writing skills and drop us a line or a story!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Congratulations from a talentless, yet determined critic. Thanks for all you do. I thoroughly enjoy satisfying my voracious reading appetite here.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Thank you. I have been hanging around since 2007

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

Congratulations on 24 fun-filled years! And thanks to everyone who makes it happen.

LifeUserLifeUserover 1 year ago

Thank you for the opportunity to read erotica and express ourselves.

norafaresnorafaresover 1 year ago

Happy birthday, Literotica! :)

Tempest_WolfsongTempest_Wolfsongover 1 year ago

I did not know Lit was created months after I graduated high schooll! It was born literally as I entered adulthood. 😅 My parents forbade the internet while I lived with them... so I didn't discover Lit until I had my own computer in my first apartment in 2000.

At first it was a naughty little thing I kept to myself in my tiny little corner of my 2-bedroom apartment lest my roommate overhear what I was doing when I read things there.

In my early 20s, it was the place I could go to get new ideas, find out new kinks before I encountered them in the dungeons I was discovering myself in, and a place I could quietly and discreetly read about the sort of sex I was having and where I could find fantasies about the types sex I longed for.

By 2010, I was raising a precocious 4 year old while adjusting to a new home, a new medical diagnosis that would change my life, and had no time for anything or anyone ... let alone myself. Then, Literotica was my refuge, my haven, from the pressures of an exhausting life that I loved but never felt I had ability to succeed at. It was where I would run when I had a moment during the kiddo's afternoon nap time, or on rare child-free days while the hubby was at work. It allowed me to take a moment for myself on days I when felt out of sorts and overwhelmed and it inspired me to find the time to reconnect with my sensual self despite feeling less than sexy constantly covered in play-doh, finger paints, and spilt kook-aid.

In 2016, I started sending little recordings to my partners very much in the style of the audios I found on Lit, because I found that I loved those even *more* than all of the text stories I had read. I was still too insecure to even have my own account... I still just lurked and wrote only for myself, recorded only on special occasions for playmates, never sharing even an anonymous comment.

In Spring of 2018, I decided to make an account because an audio author caught my ear and for the first time ever, I wanted to leave a compliment. And while that person would never create more than 2 audios and choose never to record again, his friendship and encouragement gave me the push I needed to be brave enough to take an audio I made for one of my partners and upload it to Literotica.

I could say "And the rest is history." But that wouldn't be accurate. Truer to say that the past is merely prologue.

You have been a huge part of my life, Literotica. And over the last 4-6 years you have definitely helped shape the person I have unintentionally (but so serendipitously!) become. You helped give me a voice, a direction, and a purpose of my own outside being just a dutiful wife and mom. You helped me find stable ground when things around me seem shaky. You helped me find a community, dear friends, and so many people who have embraced me and made me feel wanted, loved, and, often more vital to me than my next breath...You helped me find a place where I actually felt *UNDERSTOOD*.

Laurel and Manu, you have created more than a website. More than a community or a family or an empire. You have created change, provoked conversation, invited exploration, and done it with unfailing grace and kindness when dealing with us -- certainly with me! --over the years.

You have created a legacy, one I am honored to have a very tiny place in.

Thank you for all of your hard work, dedication, drive and passion. Thank you for creating this amazing place for us all to learn, play, explore and grow in... where a lot of us have grown *UP*, and I am no exception.

Happy 24th Anniversary Literotica and here's to many, many more! 🥂

Brightest Blessings,

and my Sincerest Thanks,

Tempest WolfSong

29wordsforsnow29wordsforsnowover 1 year ago

Happy Birthday Literotica

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting and informative.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

Excellent!

You should turn voting on for this story and allow 6 stars!

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

BTW that would have been my 45th birthday. Today I am 69!

holbrookholbrookover 1 year ago

Happy Litversary! Thank you for all you do.

Ada StuartAda Stuartover 1 year ago

Happy anniversary and thank you so much for all you have done for the Literotica community, Laurel and Manu :-)

I've been here since 2005, and I will still be here for many years to come. I've always enjoyed the helpfulness of both readers and authors over here. You have really managed to build something unique :-)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

Literotica has provided the opportunity for a large number of people who wanted to try their hand at writing to do so and then learn what others thought of their effort. It is a very real service and greatly appreciated by many people, writers and readers both. I'll have 19 years in next March and it has been a lot of fun. Thanks again.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 1 year ago

Happy Birthday Literotica, thank you for your many years of excellence. As a frequent reader, occasional commenter, and very infrequent author — thank you, thank you, thank you.

Spectator1Spectator1over 1 year ago

A great and amazing literary platform.

ShintaniShintaniover 1 year ago

Wonderful to see the success this site has had!

CoralseaCoralseaover 1 year ago

Happy birthday, thank you for being the source of great stories.

jth215-2jth215-2over 1 year ago

Happy anniversary Literotica, thanks for the great work these pas 24 years and hopefully many more to come. Thanks again.

clive_iluvnycclive_iluvnycover 1 year ago

Congratulations! It has been wonderful to watch you improve and expand for all these years. Thank you for creating a great site for all of us to access excellent erotica.

cleonightcleonightover 1 year ago

woohoo! happy birthday <3

mortismortisover 1 year ago

Wow great work and thank you for all the great stories.

Thank you Authors and attempted authors keep writing.

Formbdy2k2011Formbdy2k2011over 1 year ago

Congratulations and thank you for your vision!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The fact that you're as successful and ubiquitous is a testament to your vision. On behalf of so very many; I also include my thanks for your wonderful work.

Be Well and Happy

Paul

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It still looks as if there are three different site styles. The “new” old iPhone site / I think you meant to create a unicorn responsive design? Then there’s the old story lists and tag portal and then there’s some new stele sheets that seem half designed and inconstant. There’s a bunch of room for improvement.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
Hello world! The 2024 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challenge-list-2024-updated-jan-23.1601234/ The 2024 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-orga...