All Comments on 'Her Sophie's Choice'

by radk

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what a powerful story

This is a classic and stands head and shoulders over other LW stories.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE LAST 2 LINES SAY IT ALL

Freedom is just another word...and it is only free when 1 is involved.....TK U MLJ LV NV no matter what Janis sang,,,mlj

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
It is all about choices

Life is really just a series of choices. The amazing thing is how short sighted so many people are in making these choices. When you are a kid impulse control is tough. When you are an adult you are supposed to have gained the ability of critical thinking. Clearly Sarah was impulse driven, with little ability to foresee the possible outcomes of her actions. If her husband hadn't concocted his dramatic scheme, it is likely that she would have been discovered, confronted, and divorced by her husband. Unfortunately, once you have kids with someone, you are tied to them for life. So, neither of them would truly be able to move on 100% and find true peace of mind. The kids would of course suffer the most of all those involved. The pain of a family breaking up is much harder on children. It is their whole world being destroyed. So those people that cheat, especially with kids, are lacking some ability to think ahead. In most cases this means that the cheating wife walks of with the lover, the kids and the house. While the husband is left out in the cold. The kids generally are emotionally scarred for life, and cheater has to contend with anger from others and guilt for the rest of her life. Those are the true consequences of cheating. Is it worth it?

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Outstanding

Loved the story and the development. Thanks for this opportunity to be entertained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

Thanks!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
I think it's pretty simple

If she allowed the husband to die, she would be inflicting horrible pain not only on her, but upon all of her children as well. Malcolm had already abandoned her once. He was in a risky business.

BUT...I don't believe she loved Bill more. It was the same pragmatic choice that Sophie had to make: her younger daughter was more likely to die. Bill was the wiser choice, but not the choice of her heart.

Why? Because she risked so damned much for Malcolm. The destruction of everything and as soon as her husband cut her loose, she was leaving smoky tracks to get back to him.

She was a foolish weak woman. What he did to her was horribly cruel however. The karma she experienced was well earned.

I am wondering how Bill is finding Hell since karma didn't smack him in this life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So he puts her in the nuthouse because he couldn't handle her love for another man?

What was his choice? Who tased him? Who drugged him? When did he wake up and be forced to choose to allow his love to die?

Short answer? He didn't. In the end, he made her choose and because he couldn't accept it, divorced her and left her to die. He forced his children to abandon their mother. He felt "guilted" into paying part of her hospitalization and I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? BUllshit! He should be castrated and left to bleed out. Or maybe he should be forced to choose which of his children lives and which one dies, then be told that it was a joke.

If he couldn't accept her affair, then get a fucking divorce.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Allow me to explain before I get savaged by people who think I lack sympathy

I AM sympathetic to Bill. He did NOTHING WRONG. He was VICTIMIZED by his wife.

But then he VICTIMIZED HER BACK! Justice is getting 'even' according to a third party. EVEN is the key word. Revenge knows no such limits. Revenge will take a slapped face and shoot the offender in the neck.

And using basic math skills, we can see that whatever he did was worse. HE suffered for 5 years before he found Teri. The wife suffered for 23 years as an insane person and as 'the crazy cat lady'.

So the harms done were not equal

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Definitely Different

Liked it. Had me going for a bit. Still waffling between 4 or 5 stars. Which to choose ....

Comment to FD45 - read the end again. Bill had nothing to do with her being institutionalized. That was an outside influence under none of their control.

Radk - welcome back. Hopefully life allows you a bit more time to entertain us with your tales.

Thx.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 10 years ago
Simply wonderful!

Terrific writing. Solid story. This is how its done ***** Thank you

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Excellent Story

Everything should be treated as a fantasy when you read it and enjoyed for itself.

Each of us reads a different story and the writer once he posts the words has no more control of the story. I would recommend that the colleagues that find their blood pressure going up not read certain stories, though if your BP is 70/40 perhaps it would be useful.

DCohen2349DCohen2349over 10 years ago
I've Only Just Started This, But...

I don't see a choice here.

Her husband is a good guy, great husband and father and she loves him.

End of story.

Tough luck for her and "first love", they had their chance, it's over.

DCohen2349DCohen2349over 10 years ago
And Another Thing..

Don't be so full of yourself - Malcolm lived without you for 18 years, I think he'll survive breaking up with you now.

And you think he would tell your husband?! If he really loved you, he wouldn't destroy your family. If you REALLY believe he would do that, then once again you have your answer, dump him!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Rhomanov

Considering the incredibly stressful circumstance he put her in, I'm amazed that you are giving him a buy.

Let's see:

She was assaulted.

She was kidnapped.

She was subjected to interrogation techniques and made to feel insignificant

She was with no preparation called upon to make a life and death decision with a time limit which requires a great deal of mental training and preparation to make. This from a woman who is already morally and mentally conflicted.

She is BETRAYED by one of the men she loves. HE did this horrible cruel thing to her.

Then, her choice made, he still dumps her like yesterday's garbage making all her mental suffering meaningless, and adding to it losing her reputation, her children, her husband and most of her family members.

But you want to put it all on watching her criminal boyfriend getting shot without laying ANY of the blame on the husband.

So the LAST safe place she has, Malcolm, also dies, making EVERYTHING she has lost.

Sorry...if you go to a beach house on stilts and saw 90%of the way through all the pilings, you don't get to blame the wind for knocking the house down. It was only the final cherry on top of a shit sundae.

DCohen2349DCohen2349over 10 years ago
Great!

She got just what she deserved.

She should have walked away from Malcolm when he came back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Outstanding submission - superb plot line.

Thanks for sharing your efforts, author. The slut got exactly what she deserved as well as the boyfriend. Glad to see the ex-husband moved on and found a real partner and was able to forget the skank he left behind. This one makes up for a few of those cuck/slut garbage stories by those faggos like MattM & wantswhiteboys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nasty graceless crap.

Man up. 1*

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
very "un"radk like story....

but a nice cliffhanger with more twists then an old mountain pass and Karma done to the nth degree-it would make a nice movie of the week

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Very good story.

What Sarah did was horrible. Both were selfish in their own ways. Bill made a choice to devise this plan, he had the option of confronting her. But he hid what he did just like Sarah hid her affair until she got caught. He already planned to dump Sarah so why put himself and her through the drama? I gather Bill wanted to know if he was who she loved more.

They both caused each other harm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful story......

Loved it. Thanks.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
I love the talk of betrayal from "him"

So when a woman lies about her cheating, that's not cruel, when she lies about the you being the father, that's not cruel. but setting her up the way he did is cruel. And some how he betrayed her, but she was cheating! WoW

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
FD - I think it is not so cut and dried

FD45,

I'm not in the "an eye for an eye" crowd, but I give radk credit for leaving me ambivalent (about Bill's "betrayal" of Sarah).

I feel his shock-treatment (tasering, kidnapping and making Sarah choose the recipient of the anti-dote) can be explained, provided he was willing to let bygones be bygones and take her back if she chose him (which she did). The damn female though conflicted wasn't deciding and was pretty happy about her dual-loving status quo. Bill felt he had to do something drastic to bring her out of her comfort zone, knowing Malcolm is a criminal and the risk that association is bringing to his family.

Sarah choosing Bill for the anti-dote was never based on love but a pure practical decision, perhaps with her kids in mind.

I'm ambivalent about blaming Bill for subsequently dumping her, and purportedly setting off the chain of events towards Sarah's miserable future. Bill probably wanted Sarah to realize first-hand how it feels when somebody you have bet your life on disses you in the most cruel fashion.

Remember radk never mentions Sarah grieving over the loss of her marriage or family or kids or regretting doing what she did to Bill. Even as the crazy lady with cats, she is apologizing on her birth days to Malcolm for taking the "wrong decision".

I don't think Sarah deserved to live the 23 years as she did, but I'm not so sure as you to blame Bill for her situation - she invited it upon herself, and could have put Bill and the family in serious jeopardy by her affair with Malcolm, knowing he was a criminal.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Well written and gripping

The rights and wrongs of the morality of the story do not stop it being an excellent story. Of course she had to choose her husband but it was the hesitation that was the killer. Of course he should have forgiven her. She was Malcolm's lover before he was but also she was the mother of his children. There should have been a way to make her understand where her loyalty had to be. But it's just a story. Without the twists there would be no point in writing it.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Ethical Dilemnas

If, as you frequently say, Huedogg, that there is a 'black and white' morality, than you are stuck with ALL the consequences of that philosophy.

So...hurting a spouse is WRONG. This means a man should not beat his wife. It means a woman should not humiliate her husband. It means that a spouse should not be engaging in sex with someone else.

THIS IS WRONG.

So...how is it NOT a betrayal for him to fill her full of drugs and mentally terrorize her? If she hurt him by doing things behind his back, him doing things which are EVEN WORSE makes him even more morally wrong. He doesn't get to set aside his 'black and white' morality just because she did something wrong.

Divorce sure. Cut her out of his will, sure. Maybe even poison the kids against her. He's allowed his opinion and can share it with the kids.

She hurt his feelings. HE hurt her body and broke her mind.

Not equitable no matter what morality you espouse.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

Nice job. 5*

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Huh

Nevermind the moral implications. The delivery of this story is a mess. I'm watching these events play out, populated by people who I have no investment in and who do hilarious things like reflect upon a movie during a moment of panicky crisis, while very "70's sci-fi" dialog and strange unnecessary cutaways keep pulling me out of the story.

hansbwlhansbwlover 10 years ago
I am amazed,

that an adult man can cook up a story like this. This guy is probably due for a stay at the same place as Sarah! Just as strange is the fact that some readers give it 5 stars. I gave it one!

PultoyPultoyover 10 years ago
All I know is

Mr Radk, your story has injected FD45 with a can't quit posting concoction. Something you've done has put her on hyper comment.

The story was a little fragmented for me and hard to follow. In the end, I wasn't very satisfied. The end seemed predictable in a way. You led the reader to believe the two men were in danger, they weren't. You drove her mad, you twisted and turned and that in a way that just wasn't very well done, at least to me.

You are a superb writer and this written by almost anyone else would have been a real accomplishment. But, for you, it wasn't your best. Sorry.

-Pultoy

patilliepatillieover 10 years ago
Good story

Love Radk, nice job and original too! Trying to choose between 4 or 5-going with the 4 due to fact didnt really care for the wife or the husband. Not enough insight to make me care. But still a very good story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Great story and interesting comments

I respect FD's comments and viewpoints. However, I read this story as a fantasy - entertainment - and as such had no problem with the story. Kind of like a mystery short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
outstanding

Very powerful story with a great climax and ending. As another poster said..a truly original story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Writing

Wow, a story here to challenge our minds.

But I still wonder how Malcolm loved only 40 years (1971-2011) and have a college love with Sarah when he was about 20. Yet she lived with Bill for 13 years before reconnecting with Malcom, and then lost another 23 years before apparently moving in with him for a few days before he was killed in 2011.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
Clever story idea, BUT...

Not really needed.

To me, Bill never needed to go to all that trouble.

Bill's decision was made the moment Sarah opened her legs for Malcom.

A woman "truly in love" DOESN'T CHEAT!

This is how Sarah described her feelings about Malcom: "true love"

What she said to him as she kissed him goodbye.

Notice the difference between her initial feelings about each man?

Notice her thoughts drifting back to malcom AFTER Bill proposes?

Sarah's decision between Bill and Malcom wasn't about love.

It was PRAGMATIC.

What is she going to tell her kids?

I saved my lover and let your father die? Hardly.

And other than the kids and the money, I don't understand why men just don't simply cut through the drama, get a divorce, and find a better woman. A Terri.

Once a woman gives herself to another man, she has nothing left of interest to me.

Easy-peasy.

shangoshangoover 10 years ago
FD45, I believe you have never been married

If you truly feel betrayal (Full-blown Affair/not a one-time slip) is merely "getting his feelings hurt".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have to agree with Yathink

If my wife were to open her legs to another man, even once, even for only a few seconds and allow another mans cock into OUR inner sanctum, she is dead to me in that singular moment. She no longer exists except for what it takes to cut her loose in the eyes of the law.

I would never speak to her again, whether we stayed together or not. I would never touch her, speak with her, no longer profess any love for her. She would be dead to me in all ways but one, she would still be breathing.

DCohen2349DCohen2349over 10 years ago
ariesgirl

He had NOT already decided to dump her, he came to that decision AFTER her decision when he realized that despite choosing him her heart was still with Malcolm.

And Anonymous, HE didn't put her in the nuthouse, they were already divorced when seeing Malcolm murdered drove her insane.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3*s

Well written. I thought it was an old Hitchcock episode. Liked it ,as my grandkids say ,

lol. Another soon please !

Well, another snow event . Got to go shoveling !! HA !

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
to anonymous from anonymous...

Your voluminous reflection is fine, but in this case, in my opinion, redundant.

If I were to set something like this up, I would have done it for just one reason. Revenge.

It would have been to bring home the consequences to the woman... to make her suffer... to fuck with her head as a result of the situation she had put herself in.

Even if I hadn't really poisoned the lover (and I probably would have), to let her think that she faced this choice would have been torture.

Haha... it would have been funny if she'd injected the saline into his arm, but he'd still died anyway, and I'd still woken up. THEN she'd be in the shit.

And I would already have known there would be no reconciliation from the moment I found out the truth of what she was doing. Fuck that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done!

Radk,

I'm not of the BTB crowd, but this story was well done. Look at how many comments and how scattered they are on this stories outcome. Nicely done and I look forward to you coming back and sending more. Food for thought, that is what I like and you delivered it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* of course

An interesting exploration of this theme.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Easy FIVE

Only quibble: Why did law enforcement get involved, since both were alive? Did one of the three participants (well Hubby probably wouldn't) do that ... why?

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I enjoyed the tale. Bill is described in saintly terms - great husband - friend - provider - father. Sure he could have stayed in character and taken the high road described in some of the comments. However the author wanted to show he wasn't as perfect as his cheating wife's image of him. He did it his way. I do believe had she acted and spoke differently during her confinement he would have taken her back. But as described she wanted her cake and college love too. So choosing him was not a satisfying as he hoped. This is all on her - no guilt or remorse except for her lover so fuck her

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great story until you turned him into a prize piece of shit by kidnapping the kids, lying to them and depriving them of their mother for five years just so he could have his revenge. Men who punish their children when theyve done no wrong are lower than the worst cheating whore. You burn the bitch not the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Better.......

One hell of a better story than "Statute Of Limitations".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Does the punishment fit the crime! I think not.

She never after 13year of a great marriage gone near the x boyfriend, with 2children and a husband and a life well lived. How could your past love come intro play, you moved on yet you succumbed to an old flame , leaving your family behind, something is wrong here. Then bill makes her choose and after picking him . He dumps her ,so all those years spent in a mental institution , which are all closed now since states abandoned the mentality I'll. you destroyed her . So nice of you, so what purpose was served with all this pain.bill had some evil in him to.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Sugna got it, but so did some others...

Our 'loyal loving' wife had no choice. She was married with two kids. Malcom or Mortimer or whoever he was had been a part of her past, her college years. She had responsibilities, and infidelity with Malcom was a hateful choice.

Then there's Bill. What he did was unmanly, beneath contempt. He should have confronted her, and then proceeded to divorce her. If after the divorce was final and all the dust had settled our 'loyal loving lady' wanted back in Bill's life then she could have sought to reconnect. Of course she wouldn't have, and after Malcom was killed she could go find someone else.

It all goes to 'free will'. There is no such thing, and never pretend there is. God does not give us free will, he gives us meager little choices, but the outcome is always foreordained.

Go the Garden of Eden. 'Do anything you want, just don't eat what's on that tree. Then he drops in the serpent. Sooner or later one of them will take a bite. God knew it. The woman in this story was just as locked in. She was just as weak.

Of course it was a five.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
I can't rate this one highly.

I've said before that the stories on this site are essentially fantasies on some level, even those that seem realistic. This story is a perfect example. Here we have a wife and mother who is stuck on the horns of a dilemma: she can't decide whether to leave her husband for her lover, or to tell he lover it's over and she's going to re-commit herself to her husband and her family. So what does her husband do when he gets angry and frustrated and impatient with her indecision? Does he take the easy way out and give her a wakeup call by taking the kids and leaving and filing for divorce, knowing that he can always stop the divorce if she dumps her lover in response?

Why, no. Instead he hatches a complicated plot which involves the commission of multiple felonies in order to force his wife to choose one way or the other. Because he couldn't possibly ever be put in a position to be the bad guy: if the marriage is going to end, it MUST be the wife who makes that decision. Except that a month after he forces her to choose, and she chooses him, he changes his mind, takes the kids, leaves her, and files for divorce.

The abandoned wife turns back to her lover, who is murdered in front of her eyes a few days later, and spends most of the next decade in a mental institution. Twenty-five years after the story starts, she gets a letter from her ex saying: "Remember that incredibly shitty ordeal you were put through? I staged it, it was all faked. And then yeah, I reneged on the promises I made you then. Sorry your life has sucked, mine has been wonderful. Hope this makes you feel better. P.S. - I'm dead." I sure am glad Bill loved Sarah. I don't think I would want to see what he'd have done to her if he hated her.

Really, the only character in this story for whom I could find any sympathy at all was the wife.

In the real world, the husband would have been sent up for kidnapping, assault, and a bunch of other stuff. And the wife and her lover would have likely wound up raising the kids. Presuming that someone didn't shoot him first.

Not a lot to like here at all.

mallahmallahover 10 years ago
Let's see..

God, some of the bullshit comments here...I see a lot of anger directed at Bill, but not a lot toward Malcolm. I see a lot of whining and excuses made about Sarah. It should not have been a particularly hard choice. Malcolm gave up on her, she collapsed and was miserable for months after his ''Dear John'' letter. She meets Bill, he tells her that he is particularly picky...she pursues him, gets him, marries him, and has his children and for the most part is happy with him. That never happened with Malcolm, period. Sarah was out to relive her youth. The same old excuse in most of these stories, white bread (Bill) at home, toasted english(Malcolm) muffin with jam outside of home. She even says it herself, ''I did things with Malcolm, that I don't do with Bill'' and tries to excuse it by saying ''He (Bill) never asked.''

Of course the kidnapping is harsh, it is a fantasy story, with no basis in REAL LIFE, geeze get over it...anyway Bill said in the letter, he couldn't cope with the expression on her face when she found out Malcolm was going to live. He could have gotten past the cheating except for that fact...so how could he have abandoned Sarah...sometimes I do wonder if these 'critics' actually read the stories here before they offer misguided feedback.

No man or woman wants a spouse who is in love with someone other, how many of these speculating morons can honestly say that they could? Bill had every right to take HIS children wherever he wanted to...he had every right to find someone who is going to love him unconditionally...he had every right to raise HIS CHILDREN with someone who isn't divided and/or unsure of her loyalty with whomever HE chose...Great story...extreme yes...but then I was raised to distinguish reality from FICTION...

likeboblikebobover 10 years ago

I am seeing mixed reviews on this story so I will add my 2 cents.I liked it mainly because Bill still kicked her ass to the curb.I would have liked it more if the kids would have shunned her too but that is a small complaint. Thank you for posting and I look forward to more from you in the future.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 10 years ago
"Sophie's Choice" is another word-phrase like "Catch-22"

Both can be adjectives and nouns. And in a way Sophie's Choice IS a Catch-22 situation taken place in a dark, tragic Shakespearean universe.... I read the book and watched the 1982 Meryl Streep of the same title.

Just very, very dark and tragic, all around.

So I am not sure if I am gonna read this truncated story here in Lit.

Now and then I like mindless, over-the-top revenge stories, in which those heinously wrong (FOR NO REASON... except the selfishness and narcissism of the perpetrator) ---- dishing out disproportionately vengeful retributions.... but I don't like dark, tragic stories where EVERYONE SUFFERS....

Stories like SOPHIE'S CHOICE, Blue Velvet, etc. are sometimes so good, so tragic, so dark, all anyone could do is just read it or watch it ONCE and it lasts forever... weighing down our souls and spirits like a gravity well...

But from the comments, it DOES SEEM like the author, RADK, has done a very good job, again, within a few Lit pages....

Anyone who could actually write a 2-5 page of credible characters using these word-phrases as their titles DESERVES RESPECT, regardless whether you as a reader likes the characters or not...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

You're a clever man Radk. You set up a scenario in which either you loved it or you hated it. Let me add my stupid opinion

The choice is obvious. Save the father of her children. Unfortunately her sane decision couldn't save her sanity. She was still a cheating cunt. The husband couldn't stay with her because of her love for another and her betrayal so he left. The prick old lover's life caught up with him and he was murdered. So in my mind she got what she deserved. Insanity and loneliness. Justified.

Radk this was a unique idea which you carried out perfectly. Your work is almost perfect. Almost. You know why. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
amazing story

you may like it or not, you may think of Bill as a cruel man the way he took his revenge, BUT the story as such is excellent. I read some comments and, unless I overlooked some "facts", I think I read in Bill's letter she only became institutionalized after she saw Mal being murdered in front of her. I think I could understand how she was unable to cope with the choice of who's life to save, then see them waking up both, then trying to come to terms with her divorce and on top of that,after gone back to her first lve, to see him being shot in front of her. I may have been the consequences of her first choice, to take up with Mal again, but the consequences were extremely hard. I leave it tyou everyone's own conclusion about the revenge fitting the crime.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Well written

And I felt every emotion, from her confusion, to the pain she felt later.

And I got the pain HE felt to, which drove him to such extremes.

So since I didn't say it before, you brightened my day by seeing your submission. I also like that it started a conversation about morality and how far vengeance should go.

I'm just surprised that more people don't say to themselves "he did what?" if only for a moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a comment provoking tale.

This is exactly why I write stories too. Get them fighting with each other over who deserves what and who is evil. LOL

My favorite story was unfaithful wife because I was called a monster for writing it and some loved my husband character and some hated him. What fun to read the comments.

My accolades to you radk

Charleybear

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
Far fetched....

But hey this is a story site and fiction rules. Radk, fuck those who bitch about this, you did a wonderful job and told a good story. Cuckqueers don't understand having to deal with disloyal mates because they are incapable of higher thought. So once again I thank you for a good story and implore you to ignore the negative comments from the primordial slime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

To bad fuck face Malcom didn't giv the no god cheating whore AIDS then she too could have died a miserable lonely death. Oh Yeah I would have told her mother to eat shit and die, I have no guilt over what happened to the cheating bitch

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Very creative and compelling. Loved the ending. Five stars. First story I have favorited in several weeks. Amazing tale.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Simply Elegant Writing

The fact that she was even conflicted over who to save tells it all.

I'm very impressed the way you wrote the ending. I suspected Bill's hand in all this and had he kept her I would be doing my usual "wimp" rant.

You drew the conclusion out and maintained the suspense to the very satisfactory ending.

Was the revenge over the top? I think not.

This story is destined to be a classic.

slaverowanslaverowanover 10 years ago
Husband was a sociopath

Her husband forced her with a sword of Damoclese to choose, the divorced her anyway and ran leaving her institutionalised?

She should have chosen her lover and even though it's complete fiction is hope the fucking coward of a "husband" burns in hell.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A Two For One ..…. EXCELLENT!!!!!

... The cheating WHORE wife is completely & utterly destroyed while ...

... the Cuck/Wimp/RAAC/WHORE wife apologist crowd gets a brutal kick in the proverbial Balls ...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
another

one of radk 2 star drivel

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

In reply to slaverowan's comment: the way I understood the ending of this story, the ex-wife was institutionalized *after* the divorce, *after* she went to live with her lover and *after* her lover was murdered. By that point the husband was (most likely) out of her life completely except for their kids. I don't think doing nothing and being guilted into helping with the medical bills by his ex-mother-in-law is all that abominable.

I'm sure, that being rejected by the one person she chose to save has brought her a lot of turmoil, but isn't she just as guilty as her (ex-)husband, if not even more so? SHE began to cheat and SHE wanted to have her cake and eat it too! While the threat of death upon one of her two men and her forced choice under extreme pressure was a dick move by the husband, he did it with the goal of resolving the issue. At least that's how I understood everything. That he couldn't take her back and give their marriage another chance only came up afterwards.

The way I see it, the husband tricked her into thinking one of them was to die and that was really cruel of him. But I am of the opinion, that cheating on your spouse is no less of a cruel thing. What happened to her after the divorce feels to me like a well deserved bad karma. Four stars for this story.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Before seeing the two lovers on the cots,

I was hoping for a way for her to wind up with neither. I just didn't imagine that in such a creative way.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
I agree with Montcalm.

She deserved worse than she ended up getting, I never liked her. I hope that she went dirty and hungry most of the time when she was wandering and the only sex she got was when she was raped by the other bums etc.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Another Cske situation !

A story of a woman who wanted her cake and est it !

Beware those who are in the same dilemma !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5* loved it

radk throws the reader into another of his emotional tornadoes

totaly stunned by the end , complete mental lockdown for several seconds & then had to pick my jaw up from the floor .

another insanely fast paced , no nonsense, in yer face ,raw & brutal mindfuck

i think i have worked out why radk's characters in many stories get such a mixed response from the reader(s)

its my opinion that radk intentionally only creates the most basic possible framework / shape for his protaganists

(this might be inevitable with such short & fast paced plots)

the result is each reader has more scope to flesh them out / envisage them in very diferent ways, depending on the mood, emotions, outlook of the reader when they view the story.

i only read storys that captivate me & drag me kicking and screaming onto the page , storys that i get absorbed into .

for me , radk's emotional tornadoes do that each & every time .

thats what good FICTION does , it evokes a response , demands it even .

ty for sharing this story ,

i loved it , i hated it , i am unsure about it.

xxxhugsxxx

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
"I'd certainly die if I lost either one"

The best answer to her conundrum was there all along.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
I BELIEVED IN MALCOM

he's a sexy thing. TK U MLJ LV NV

blkhrtblkhrtalmost 10 years ago
@tazz317

Yea, you are right. Malcolm is sexy...... cunt bitch. Hope to see your comment... NOT.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
to anonymous

Damn right, she got what she deserved. If she wanted to cheat she should have gotten divorced. She had 3 children with Bill. She got the kharma she deserved. Bill did also. A loving, faithful wife. So, to you annonymous Isay......tough fucking shit. She drove herself crazy.

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 9 years ago
I rarely if ever comment

But to me, a very good story is one where I feel compelled to read the comments. I don't read to experience "real life "; real life is what I experience everyday. I like a story that takes me outside of my world and into another. That is what happened here. I was sure I knew where the plot was going; I knew what her choice would be. I was right, to a point. The twists left me amazed.

I will not comment on the moral dilemma as everyone else. I am one of the few who has never been hurt by a cheater. Not to say I haven't been cheated on, but by then I already had one foot out the door and his replacement lined up, (though I myself never cheated) so I didn't care when I found out. Not even a bruised ego.

The point is, this was a very pleasant trip into radk's FICTIONAL world & I enjoyed every word of said story & the comments. So 5*'s.

BTW I have never seen the movie and although I am a Meryl Streep fan, I think I will pass; I'm something of a crybaby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Still, she and her lover did get off too easy.

No other comment.

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Like most people these days

She wanted to have her cake, and eat it, too.

I don't get why Bill couldn't see the reason she chose him. It's obvious; she didn't! She chose her kids. Love never entered the equation for her. As things were before the kidnapping, both Bill and Malcolm would be alive, so she would either have both, or Malcolm. The kids would still have their father in their lives, even if they divorced. But when she had to choose one to live, and one to die, the children then came into the equation, and had to be considered too. She didn't pick Bill to live because she loved him more,(it was apparent that she clearly didn't), but because she didn't want her kids growing up without a father. If they had no children, you can bet that Bill would have pushed aside long ago!

I agree with others, a drug induced haze for 9 years was not a punishment for her, but a kindness. She got off lightly.

Why do women always pine away after their 'first love', no matter how well, or badly they were treated by them? No matter how good, and loving and kind the next guy is, women will ALWAYS still love the other guy more, even if he was a dirtbag. The best the new guy can ever hope for, is the the first guy never shows up again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 for your effort

and making dear annony, this site biggest asshole, mad!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Loved it

She got everything she deserved. She made her choice when she married Bill. If she loved Malcolm that much she should have waited for him. It was like choosing between vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You like them both, but you choose chocolate. Then someone hands you vanilla. If you try to eat both, both will eventually melt on you and you'll have neither. When you make a choice, stick with it.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
So Glad...

that i stumbled across this author. Very entertaining stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So he forces her to choose him

Then he goes and divorces him? What a fuckwad shit licker. Damn right he should have paid for her therapy, after all, he had her tapered, kidnapped and forced to "kill" the man she lived instead of the man she married. And the man she married turned out yo be a spiteful little boy who deserved misery and pain for the way he treated his wife.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

telboy17telboy17over 8 years ago

Let me first say I have no sympathy for the wife - she should have left Malcolm alone and stayed with her husband and kids.

But what a crap storyline. He went through with his charade and forced her to choose. That's great and well thought out, though to me it was obvious neither man was going to die. But then he changes his mind and divorces her anyway.

The irony is that if he had divorced her when he found out about the affair (which we have to assume he did), she would then have gone to Malcom who still would have had his head blown off.

The waffle and contradictions in Bill's letter showed that he should have been in the mental hospital.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
Insanity For A Cheater

How fitting! But such a unique story. Excellent 5-Star Story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Nice

That's what you call justice. Great revenge for the husband, knowing that the whore had to make a decision. Great justice because the lover lost his life being involved with low-lifes, which he was one. The decision destroyed her life, or lack of life. Fucking cunt earned it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

good writing.

Nice engaging story.

Excellent ending.

In real life no husband could have stayed with a woman saying she loved another as much, and frankly seems like more if she started the affair in the first place.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
well done

Can't argue with the ending .... she was left with no one .... seems fair.

I realise Malcolm was the original love of her life, but he let her go and made that clear. Bill became her love, her husband and father of her children.

One thing she should have realised is that Malcolm must be pretty shallow to want her to give up her whole life, now, and return to him.

Most women would have some feelings for their first love, locked away, distant memory of youth and all that..... very few would throw away a successful, fulfilling marriage ..... but Sarah was having trouble choosing ?

I think Malcolm is the true villain of the piece.

A decent man would have realised his chance had gone and wished her a fond farewell, instead of trying to play her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
NO SYMPATHY

Well done husband. Who cares about her? At least he didn't take the betrayer back, like the wimp did in Statute of Limitations. The end of that one sent me straight to the whisky bottle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More Stupid Pointless Shit

Your stories don't make sense just some stuff thrown together. Even with a mysterious letter being passed and read trying to explain the missing details of the story. You knew this was crap and tried to get out of the muck you left us in with that damned letter. Her ex didn't care about her and her cheating ways why give her a letter on her birthday, makes no sense. It didn't work muck and crap this will always be.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Well now, Nonny 08/26/16

The story surely made a lot more sense than did your comment. Please lead your adoring audience to the place where the stories that you have written and entered herein reside. Let us compare your writings to those of radk. That way we can determine exactly how much better you are than radk. My personal thoughts are that radk wrote a very literate piece and it was most entertaining. Besides that, it was free. Now I shall go find the stories written by annony 08/26/16.

tejmjm55tejmjm55over 7 years ago
equation

The one equation she ignored in her decision were her children. She only considered what was best for her.

zatzoy14zatzoy14over 7 years ago
To Bad The Ex-Husband Had Passed!

She was despicable how did she ever think anyone could stay with her after seeing the recording of her talking about how she felt about them.

That Malcolm guy was beyond weak he was also a jerk.

He wanted a married woman with a family for himself.

Something was wrong with his makeup as mr. smooth and sexy ladies man. He didn't have all sorts of women falling over themselves fighting for his attention. She was a stupid greedy sick woman to even start an affair with someone in her position as a family woman who supposed to loved her husband and kids.

Malcolm Mr. Sexy dumped her ass years earlier, with All that said she is a moron

To bad the ex-husband didn't get to say to face what he wrote in the letter. Then again I don't see how he didn't tell her to her face when he was divorcing her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
interesting story

however, what a cunt! it should't have been a difficult decision, a loving faithfull husband and father of her children or a dodgy criminal type who tries to steal other mens wives. so her choice was basically cock or family.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IF PEOPLE HEED THE TOMBSTONE EPITAPH

but tombstones don't reason. TK U MLJ LV NV

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Excellent Story, And BTB Is The Right Ending

As Anon 11/14/16 and Zatzoy14 have pointed out, Malcolm was a snake, trying to steal a woman he had left almost 20 years before from her devoted husband and loving family. Bill was right to divorce her, even after she made the "right" choice. There's no way he could ever trust her again.

Sarah earned her miserable life when she broke her vows with Bill to chase a ghost from her past. R.I.P.

Thanks for another fine read!

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1over 6 years ago
Whats excellent at that story???

Thats what a slut can do to a brave man nothing more!!! Its disgusting that females like that slut are out there!!!

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Excellent moral tale

The only poison involved was infidelity. Infidelity poisoned both relationships.

c24jc24jabout 6 years ago
Good story

For what it's worth . . . Malcolm was a jerk, and Bill was not too bright. Many commenters here could figure out why Bill was chosen . . . father of her kids, husband, family, yada yada . . . even if she actually loved Malcolm more, what could she tell the kids or everyone else in her life if she'd chosen him.

Credit though to her, her feelings must have been strong for both, based upon the written angst. I'm just sorry she didn't find someone else after she got her head clear. Maybe she still will. Hopefully she's happy that Bill had a good life, and thought about her enough to write. And who knows, she might meet Bill's widow Terri and find she loves her more than she ever loved Bill or Malcolm. Together the'll live happily, enjoying their children, grandchildren, and surprisingly even a few great-grandchildren.

Meanwhile, in an afterlife that is truly different than most expect, the now genderless souls of Malcom and Bill meet, realize they are soul-mates, and marry -- or that place's equivalent of it. Years later they meet Teri and Sarah, and reminisce about their time on Earth. Malcolm apologizes for being an all-around selfish jerk, Sarah apologizes for being a selfish cheater, Bill apologizes for an extremely childish 'I-am-happy-and-you-ain't-ha-ha-ha' letter, and Teri apologizes for killing Bill.

"What!?! You killed me??", exclaims Bill.

"Yeh," replies Teri, "Poisoned you very slowly . . . You were great at picking women with serious mental issues! And you were absolutely right when you said Sarah 'would' have liked me. We hit it off from the moment we met! She means much more to me than you ever did . . . so don't even think about asking me to choose."

They all had a good laugh at that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
FD45 - Calm Down

Great array of commentators. Only FD45 used a sledge hammer when a simple thumb on a tack was needed.

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another conundrum

Bill should have told the cheating bitch and Malcolm that they had both been injected with poison. Then give them one antidote to use. See just how much Mal loves her. That would have been better revenge. Then you divorce her and let her stay with a lover willing to let her die so that he could live. Bill had no blame for all that happened to her. She cheated, she paid a big price.

SamsungdfpSamsungdfpover 5 years ago
I like this story

Now thats how you write a btb story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous