All Comments on 'How to Boil a Frog'

by Seanathon

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
jonthechaosmanjonthechaosmanabout 10 years ago
Good luck in the contest.

I am trying to read all the entries and vote to support the other contestants.

Nice little story. The emotion that the characters feel is well described and I liked both of them. I doubt that a persons mind could be changed that easily but other than that small detail I thoroughly enjoyed your story.

Extra props for the excellent reveal that ties in to the title.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
excellent story.

One of the best i've read here! The only thing i would change is to lengthen the timeline ie. an extra day of travel overcoming hardship together, and make the ankle real, to develop a more realistic bond between them. Keep up the good work. Mtnman

TimothyMTimothyMabout 10 years ago
good take on the theme

Clever but honest girl, and she was lucky that he wasn't too keen on the coal mining idea from the beginning. Hope she has a plan to prevent other mining companies from buying the forest.

Oh and the story also made me appreciate (again) that we pay our health care and education via taxes in Scandinavia :-)

patientleepatientleeabout 10 years ago
I had a feeling

She was faking it. The sex was very sweet. Good story!

JBmanly50JBmanly50about 10 years ago
Who could resist?

A man and a furtile young woman alone, and theres going to be fucking. Great read.

SwillySwillyabout 10 years ago
I enjoyed it

I tend to think they both got what they needed. Well done.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueabout 10 years ago
Great Earth Day

Juxtaposition of conservation and energy was very well done, even if the final twist was a bit semaphored. The romance was well drawn and sexy.

Loved the title and am going to look up a few more or your stories.

Best of luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I liked the story...

I liked the story... until shortly before the end. Unfortunately, the story then took on a political bent, replacing the erotica. There's really no good reason to destroy the story with a bunch of BS about global warming and how coal cannot be used in a clean way. Then one of the readers does one better and promotes Communism, Scandinavian style. If the story hadn't been so good 85% of the way through it, I would have voted it a 1, but you got the erotic part right... just screwed up the politics.

Rugrat60Rugrat60about 10 years ago
Good Read

Well done. I thought you did a good job on the interaction between the two characters.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Nice Story

Pleasant characters with a nice dialogue. Between the title and Earth Day, the plot was logical from the first moment of contact. Even though I did realize I was being played, I enjoyed it to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice

Great story and a wonderful ending! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
anon

Environmentalists are a inconvenience, but love never is. Great story, but too short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Story

I was wondering why there was a deadline. Until it was reveled I did not think of a mining lease renewal. A good twist. The other good twist was that he thought he had become the frog. The political message is of course the time is now to do something to save the planet. Here in Australia the present government is trying to reverse the law re the carbon tax introduced by the previous government (a greener government). Let us hope that the carbon tax remains. The carbon tax uses a market pricing system to help save the planet. Thanks for the story Best regards Peter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Writing

You're a damn fine writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Very well written. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
THE SEQUEL PLEASE...

please write the sequel of this story.. it's so sexy..!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

please please please a sequel.. it was amazing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I knew early on in your story that Kailey would use everything in her control to accomplish the purpose that her father drilled into her.

Nicely written though. A little sappy at the end

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
I suspect her soft sell only worked because...

He wasn't a rabid "company man"...

He'd already said he'd previously quit the job and I don't think he meant to deal with his wife's cancer... His return to it was only a path of least resistance to assure his daughter's future, or more specifically her educational future...

But obviously he's enough talent to be able to have options...

The only thing I dislike about this story is I have no reason to believe there'll be anything lasting between them - she is, after all, his daughter's age - and I prefer my sex to come with commitment... Just don't see how that can be the case here...

Good story anyway...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I don't like how Kailey set up Joe

While it is true that strip mining - actually all kinds of industrial mining, no? does destroy the land, it also destroys what is underneath it as well - now there's talk that fracking may indirectly cause earthquakes (where there were none before) as well as polluting underground water. It is a trade off, and we do like our consumer goods - even though we know many electronic devices contain toxic elements that can leach into soil. And of course, the mining industries do employ a lot of people and enable their families to live. I agree we do need to take better care of our planet, but at the same time, I don't agree that it is a either/or issue. My thoughts are that we need to evolve away from fossil fuels, but do so in a way where the people employed by those industries can still get employment in a more environmentally friendly job. (That being said, I think the biggest threat to our planet is overpopulation and finding the resources to support all without harming the planet further.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@anon: 'I liked the story'...

Communism has nothing whatsoever to do with Scandavia using taxes to provide health care for all of their citizens. If you are the type of person to think universal health care is evil, the worst Scandavia's system COULD be accused of is beneficial socialism.

This story could not be set in Scandanavia as protagonist would never have been forced to go back to work looking for coal; universal health care would have prevented his family from becoming impoverished, and Scandanavia's education system would have paid for his daughter's college education.

Somewhere along the line we have lost the understanding of how valuable it is for our country to educate our youth. There is no greater return on investment than spending tax dollars to educate the next generation.

We, as a country, are dooming ourselves, as a country, by burdening the next generation(s) with high interest student debt. Professions not centered on high salaries will suffer; interest in public service jobs, teaching and jobs in the arts will diminish as ridiculous student loan amounts dictate the results of an education MUST be a high paying job, just to service student loans.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you!

Idk, how late I am posting this comment but that was some good writing I really enjoyed the story and hope you keep on writing in the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous