All Comments on 'I Want a Divorce'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 213 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Good beginning! Needs a follow up.

5

InfosaugerInfosauger11 months ago

Please write a second chapter. This is just unfinished.

012Say012Say11 months ago

More, for another 5

JonnyRegJonnyReg11 months ago

There a story in here somewhere?

secretsalsecretsal11 months ago

Seems like the story was dropped in a hurry. But generally I think the length of a story should be determined by how much the author has to say. Leaving it up to the audience feels a bit like design by committee. Makes sense for commercial products, not so much for pure creative work.

jazzharpjazzharp11 months ago

You need to write another chapter. Their relationship could go many different ways. Pick one; it's your story. But this one ended prematurely. I won't rate it.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher11 months ago
Nah

Don't bother with a part 2, this was a weak story to start with.

ju8streadingju8streading11 months ago

2nd chapter would be nice

bigbob2406bigbob240611 months ago

It's got legs.Let it run !!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

This is not close to your usual level. It was dull and limped along to a sad and abrupt conclusion. April and her husband do reflect the often tragic results of teenage marriages and that got this to a 3.

kelchakelcha11 months ago

Counseling might have helped.

RePhilRePhil11 months ago

I don’t know about a second chapter. Maybe leave it as is like a JPB story. He never finishes his. Thanks for sharing

maninconnmaninconn11 months ago

I always enjoy your stories. This one could be complete, as another commenter wrote “like JPB.” However you’ve left some loose plot lines between two characters that are deeply flawed and left in limbo. I would be happy to see a part 2. Thanks for writing great tales!

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NG11 months ago

I would like to see a second chapter. It's good to see you back writing.

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

I agree with others. The story is not finished so I would appreciate a second part.

hindsight2020hindsight202011 months ago

Yes. It needs another chapter.

EgregiousEgregious11 months ago

Interesting, but short and left it hanging. A second chapter may help give closure.

miket0422miket042211 months ago

Disappointing. The ending is fine. It could be expanded on but, we get the gist.

It's the rest of the story that feels hollow and underdeveloped.

Moreso than an epilogue following the results of the divorce I'm left feeling like we need to hear April's side of the story.

I think that's what makes me feel hollow about this story. It's a monologue. We hear one side of the story but, there's no meaningful interaction between the husband and wife over the course of a 20 something year long marriage.

AlluredAllured11 months ago

Definitely needs a second chapter to tie out the loose ends.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprise11 months ago

I love your writing and would really appreciate a second chapter, it's got me really intrigued thank you

Darren

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer198411 months ago

Really needs another chapter, has great potential but just feels massively rushed especially towards the last third.

CD1929CD192911 months ago

As always great story DG. I read everything you have submitted on lit.

Hopefully there is a part 2.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb5111 months ago

I've missed your stories, Good read

GeojimGeojim11 months ago

A second chapter would be nice.

phill1cphill1c11 months ago

"...it depends on what you have to say..."

It's an incomplete story. You've written enough stories to know that.

BehindbluisBehindbluis11 months ago

I guess this means you will be doing a second chapter. Everyone wants one and you are a great writer to do it.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebb11 months ago

A second chapter for this story is a must, otherwise what's the point?

TechumsahTechumsah11 months ago

Another chapter.

LWLover60LWLover6011 months ago

Chapter 2, please. I'd love to see how this turns out.

SwordWielderSwordWielder11 months ago

This really needs a chapter 2. Her jealousy destroyed their marriage, and only after many years when she crosses the line does she think it is forgivable. Its going to be very interesting as they are in their mid 40's. Plenty of time to find someone new. April may now enjoy sex, but she will find out that the rest of the relationship will be missing and she threw her marriage away. I think she is in a for a lifetime of regret.

MwestohioMwestohio11 months ago

A follow on would be great

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4611 months ago

Hope its fiction.

FeltfixerFeltfixer11 months ago

If she’s as sexy as he found her then it’s highly likely it’s not the first time, considering she’s had minimal sex with him for 12 years.

Then again he did the same so he’s a bit of a nonce.

Could have a chapter about recriminations

jbpeters74jbpeters7411 months ago

I felt an undertone, that she really didn’t love him. She just accepted the situation after she got pregnant. To go from low sex life to taking on two men is a little extreme though. Definitely wondering what could happen after this ending.

rruymannrruymann11 months ago

YOU USUALLY DO MUCH BETTER.

Nasty56Nasty5611 months ago

Yeah…kind of need a second chapter.

enderlocke77enderlocke7711 months ago

u should have skipped through that marriage a bit more and then turn it into a romance. u do well in romance. hard to feel anything for ppl who choose to torture themselves. when there was no effort to reconnect from either party after the kids moved out. makes me wonder why they didnt at least separate. unfortunately this happens irl actually feels more real than most. and im sorry but there had to be some kind of love or something or they wouldnt have stayed together after the kids left for those who think it was just a meal ticket thing

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196911 months ago

I generally dislike divorce or bitter cheating stories. I don't find them arousing and I come to this site to get turned on. Find the growing volume of BTB and RAAC stories disturbing.

I read this because I was curious about the title, it was a shorter story and I was hoping it would be a quick tale where a cheating spouse got justice served by a strong spouse standing up for themselves.

Lately I've read some hard cuckold that were not advertised or tagged leaving me feeling ambushed and rattled. Sadly many of these stories are by high quality writers that keep you interested, even if the story is tragic. So I was in need of an antidote story to exercise some demons out of my system.

This story was ok because it didn't go too hard down the cheating and humiliation storyline like others. Even with the unsavory plot, I would have liked a little more follow up so I vote for a sequel.

It doesn't have to be long as we really only need to wrap up to a more complete conclusion and answer some questions like:

1. was that truly the first time April cheated?

2. did April stop having sex after Jerry left the hotel room?

3. why did April have no interest in sex during their marriage and suddenly have a threesome?

4. did April regret not trying to move past Jerry's supposed infidelity prior to his actual infidelity?

5. why did Jerry not try talking to her more over the marriage (pre and post actual one-night-stand) and why no counselling?

6. how can April stubbornly cling to anger and mistrust and then do the very act that had hurt her? If it was for revenge, why wait the duration of their marriage to do it?

7. did April and Jerry realize how they wasted their lives being bitter, sad and practical just for more time with the children? do they not realize children learn by watching and their cold marriage would have been a terrible lesson on love and intimacy?

8. did April and Jerry reconcile or divorce. if divorce, what did they tell the children? how did they tell them (together or not) and did it affect either of their relationships with the children?

9. If they divorced, what is next for them individually? You could get into long-term but that could get into harder cuckold territory or fantastical stories of "never got along better" which would make the entire divorce story a lot more tragic. as in, their marriage together was a gigantic waste of time being bitter and celibate when they could have had an active life together or separate.

ibuguseribuguser11 months ago

I think it needs a closing chapter. I agree with rruymann. You usually do better but this one was still OK.

KRD19254KRD1925411 months ago

I agree an undertone was throughout the story ---- she blamed him for the 2nd & 3rd kid. She cut-him-off over suspicion pushing him into becoming a one time guilt ridden cheat (that he fessed up too).

\

She objected and further penalized him over his masturbating to quell his urges - KEEPING him HOME.

\

Yup, he waited for her to get over playing her games to only be slapped down again. It's time to regain his man-card, sexual life, and a real life. Time to dump her double standard cheating ass. Many will say what took him so long but I know and can relate - we 'hope' for a change to only be disappointed.

\

Obvious she hasn't trusted or wanted him in +12yrs. Time to cut-bait and make a new life. Besides is he really sure the other girls card-nights out she wasn't getting banged - her trust is now shit but after 12yrs does she really care.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes.... 2nd part is not really needed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Pathetic offering from a writer who o considered talented… worse then what I normally expect from JPB!

Don’t bother with any more chapters…

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Holy crap monkies you sure put a lot into a little. Of course it's unfinished and needs another chapter, but you might want to consider something a little more expansive. The devil is in the details.

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

Let me see if I understand this correctly. The husband's friends jokingly said that the husband had sex with some woman. When the wife took it seriously they told the wife that they were just joking but she never accepted that which resulted in the destruction of their sex life for the next 15 years?

.

A wife in her twenties and thirties is only having sex with her husband once every 4 months... And the husband decides not to talk about this sexual incompatibility for the next 10 orc15 years.?

.

Wow. The husband is a loser AND a retard.

.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Waiting for second chapter

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

One other point. There is no place for the story to go.

Think about it.

.

First the wife didn't come home until the next day! How could you possibly justify THAT?...

.

"Well you had sex with that one woman because I was a fucking crazy ass bitch that cut you off sexually for months for no reason..."

.

2 . Let's assume that this is the very first time that the wife is actually done this. So what?

.

A woman in her 20s and 30s who has a reasonably attractive healthy husband at home but decides to have sex with him three or four times a year for the next 10 or 15 years.....

1. Clearly does not love her husband.

2. Even worse.... Has developed some kind of sexual issue.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Don't add a sequel. I'm sure this a RAAC CUCK story

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

Why is it ok for him to cheat but not her?

Two wrongs don’t make a right but he was in the wrong first.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

They have been "married" for 25 years, and they both remain too immature to be in an intimate relationship. Continuing the story would be a formidable undertaking. It would take several more chapters at this point to produce a realistic resolution of this clusterf**k.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well you did have a story in there somewhere; only the writing was so stilted it was hard to get any emotional attachment to the mc or the storyteller. I am positive you have the ability to write way smoother than this offering.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Go for it, great to read something of yours after so long...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You Lost your mojo Dg hear ? Not even a 2 pages story and you write a chapter 2 if we want ? Really ?

I didn't think you were this kind of authors... If you doesnt really want to write anymore just stop

Onihime11Onihime1111 months ago

Part two no weird cliffhangers

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

'Second chapter is a bad idea, it could only end in a RAAC situation. Besides, truer words were never spoken, “You couldn’t forgive me just like I can’t forgive you”

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown11 months ago

A classic example of getting married way to early. Both were too immature at the time. IMO leave it here, it's best they divorce and move on.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The tell is just a recitation of events, no emotional depth or insights so it ultimately comes off as flat. Not one of your best, hoping a follow up dives deeper.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well you have a teaser for a story. In my opinion Jerry should have toldl April about his tryst with Sarah. That would have been less intrusive than coming from Sarah's husband and getting propositioned by him. Jerry could still have reminded April that SHE told him this was how he was expected to deal with his 'needs' as April would not be performing her wifely duties anymore. Put the monkey on her back. Also Jerry should have been shown as making a concerted effort towards reconciling with April during those 12 years of sleeping apart. This would have made April's adultery more onerous and exposed her hypocrisy to everyone who knew them. Then there should have been a more fleshed out aftermath were Jerry bullet points and hi-lites his list of grievances with April. They have both screwed up, and Jerry has had 12 years to do a lot of maturing. Is it over? Can they reconcile? Will Jerry BTB?

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

Sadly it read more like a school report, it seemed to be delivered in a monotonous drone with absolutely zero emotion.

JensensloverJensenslover11 months ago

Why post an UNFINISHED story, only going to finish it if readers want it? It YOUR story! Finish it or don't but don't post unfinished stories!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It needs a second chapter, there's a lot unresolved

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dislikable characters. About the premise: "Will my mistakes condemn to a lonely life"

it's interesting the conclusion of another recent tale:

"Divorce is Okay, Breaking up is Okay, Being alone is Okay, What is not Okay is staying somewhere you're not valued and appreciated" (CindyTV)

So, we'll see how this plot is going to develop: an unbelievable RAAC, an inevitable divorce or some karma events for both ?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It’s nice to see a Loving Wives story where the husband isn’t a perfect paragon and the universe doesn’t magically bend in his favor, but I’m not sure this one is worth continuing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Vapid story. Not up to your usual standards. I would suggest you move on to your next good story and forget

about a subsequent chapter two.

OrbitingOrbiting11 months ago

Waiting for the 2nd chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

not up to your usual very high standards,you will have to write a follow up with a really unusual storyline to make up for a bland start ,

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A story about a couple of childish immature idiots. With their behaviours they were asking for the destruction of their marriage, family and life. Better a divorce, than to keep living that way. The big problem in this situations is always about the innocent children, that would pay for the stupid mistakes of their parents.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Long beginning about struggling and whatnot that didn't really seem relevant for last part of the story (the actual drama that is kept the reader interested). I like your previous work better. This doesn't seem complete or overly well developed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If thats it please stop writing

dt1784dt178411 months ago

Looking forward to a second chapter. Good story so far

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You are usually much better than this.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6311 months ago

Nice story, definitely needs a second chapter. There is little doubt in my mind that this was the first time she screwed around. You don't have sex with two guys the first time you have an affair.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The story could stand, as is, letting things drop off the edge of the cliff...but then you'd be missing so many possibilities to actually complete it.

Question is, what do you think, as the author? Is the story finished?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Please write another chapter. She was a cruel bitch ro her husband and didn't take care of his needs. She was getting it on with 2 guys. It's a wonder her husband didn't bat all 3 senseless. Too bad he wouldn't take her on a hike, and she falls off the mountain...Accidentally, of coutse!

goodshoes2goodshoes211 months ago

Stupidly incomplete.

Lowrider2020Lowrider202011 months ago

The story needs an ending.

grogers7grogers711 months ago

It seems implausible that her first extramarital experience in at least 25 years (children grew up and went off to college) is with multiple partners. Definitely write another chapter - or more.

EZ8ltEZ8lt11 months ago

JPB never finishing his stories is actually a problem, idk why the hell would you guys encourage that, ever.

Th7thson1951Th7thson195111 months ago

There’s more to the story. Write a second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

371 stories and you haven't learned a damn thing. You should have stayed away. What you've offered of late is far below your previous works.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it, thanks for writing it.

I think you could give it another chapter there is room for more from these characters!

Thanks again.

Bill

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Doesn't ring true. He could have stopped it but didn't. Anyway, one star for not finishing it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

Not one of your better stories.

\

Barely a page, and almost half dedicated to back story.

\

Write more if YOU'RE inspired, not if readers are interested.

Q1000Q100011 months ago

Nah, don't bother writing a second chapter. There's nothing there...

Burner70Burner7011 months ago

Where is the BTB after 12 years suffering with the prude cunt. You have him all sorts of bitch up and leave like a leaf in the wild? You are better then that

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Hoping for a 2nd chapter.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell11 months ago

I hope you will continue the story. These two people really fucked their lives up but there is a semblance of hope in there somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good read and it would be interesting to read a 2nd chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another chapter to complete story would be great. Enjoying story so far. 4 **** for incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Needs a second chapter, this doesn’t feel like it really was more than a cliff notes version of one of your other stories. We need to see the aftermath, how the kids react, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nah, dont bother....

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari11 months ago

This whole story is like the subplot to "Chips":

"Well, Jon, if you haven't been fucking your wife in over a year, then somebody else has. It's not even a question of "if," it's a question of "who. Who's been fucking your wife?"

A roommate can be friendly and living but without intimacy there is no true love. He should have walked out the door permanently when she cut him off.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Mmmm so I can see her taking on one guy now and then as a revenge but her doing two at once? Doesn't fit her character at all. Should have just had her cheating with one guy now and then on the GNO. More believable.

GardenshedGardenshed11 months ago

Good story, pretty sad….. would like more detail at the end. Just seemed to end to abruptly. Thanks for writing!

Frank66Frank6611 months ago

Mechanical, no emotion, not a lot of effort put into this one. Like 'miket' said- seems "undeveloped". Not up to this writer's usual standards. A second chapter would be nice, but put more thought into it, please.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ11 months ago

What’s she gonna due when she finds out she is pregnant. Her husband had the snip but I’ll bet the scumbags didn’t.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Please finish - I want a divorce

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow, you used to be a good writer, what happened? How long did it take you to write this, 2 minutes? That's for the effort. (I'm being sarcastic, of course)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not up to your usual standards. Just did not entertain.

.

3 ***

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES