All Comments on 'Little Scandals #01: Marybeth'

by honeyblondenymph

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WTF

Not sure what I just read.

nightshadownightshadowover 12 years ago
Not sure what you just read? Allow me to explain...

It's not that difficult to understand. Marybeth's mother was a slut and slept with a lot of guys. She got knocked up by Samuel. For whatever reason, Samuel did not marry her, so she had Marybeth alone and out of wedlock. Later, she married a man who adopted Marybeth and helped to raise her as his own. Years later, when Marybeth was 18, ripe and ready, she somehow met Samuel without knowing that he was her father. They fell in love and got married- but Marybeth's mother and adoptive father knew the truth, which is why they rallied against the marriage but couldn't come out and tell the truth without possibly causing a scandal to themselves and to Marybeth; they had to stay silent and unwillingly consent to the marriage. At some point Samuel either discovered the truth or decided to tell his young wife the truth, that he was actually her father, that she'd been fucking her father for the years that they'd been married. The rest is pretty evident.

To the author: nice writing! There might not have been enough exposition to explain the full situation to some people, but I understood it clearly enough.

RossDanielsRossDanielsover 12 years ago
Subtlety is in short supply on Lit.

So it can be sort of disconcerting. But I enjoyed the author's style and creativity. Nicely done.

mcbtwsmcbtwsover 12 years ago
MISHMASH

Totally fucked up, confusing and lame story.

honeyblondenymphhoneyblondenymphover 12 years agoAuthor
There's more meaning behind Greek...

than just anal sex, guys. Mishmash? Sure. I threw together Oedipus, Antigone, and a little Babylonian myth for good measure, and put it in the context of Christian Domestic Discipline. I wanted to write a story that was hot (and it is) and that at the same time came out against anti-choice politics (and it does).

phantom4533phantom4533over 12 years ago
I am ...

humbled and more than a tad awed by your beautiful prose

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That wasn't worth the time to read it, thanks for wasting my time on a story that couldn't be more pathetic

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous