All Comments on 'My Best Friend's Husband Ch. 02'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
I liked this one.

Nice recognition that people are seldom perfect, and that they can make mistakes. It's even plausible. Good job.

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
5 stars

Loved the dialogue, seemed a little saltier than the original. Very creative take, I liked the direction you took to get to a satisfying resolution. Tight writing. Enjoyed the humor, as well. Top notch.

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you Lynn

Another great story Lynn. I enjoyed reading it.

Zed56Zed56about 11 years ago
Terrific Read!

One of your best. 5*

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Too simple - she fucked 3 guys and was sober enough to plan and clean up and he woke up in bed being fucked and no planning and that makes it ok?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Story

Love the twist. Can't wait to hear about what happens with the doctor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good solution!

I liked the first chapter better, but this tied up the floppy ends. You and Leo do good work.

doberincadoberincaabout 11 years ago
Solution

It is a plausible solution to his problem. Personally I would like to see some more emotion; anger, frustration and so on. The 'saint' fell of his pedestal. It's really a change in his behaviour.

Oz1999Oz1999about 11 years ago
Nice Job

You sure do know how to work yourself out of a box.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Phil is the hero

Reading ch 1, and the dilemma on which it ended, I concluded the problem was with Art and Lois, not Trish. Fortunately, Phil was on hand to see the reality of the situation and help bring it all to a sensible conclusion. Possibly too quick and abrupt an ending for reality .. people struggle a bit more to reach self-realization.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
RAAC but funny

A number of fallacies to make this work, drugs and alcohol do not change a person. They do lower your inhibitions they do not negate them. So if you are in anyway likely to fuck around then taking either will help you with your guilt but they won't make you do it. The second fallacy is that two wrongs will somehow make a right. Pure sophistry but in order to have the desired outcome in the story very necessary, in the real world they have opened Pandora's Box. At sometime in the future one or both will slip and do this again at that time they will find their marriage is a lie. I gave this ***** because it is much better than most of the stories in this genre.

Note that she has slipped twice and knows the circumstances inwhich she did, yet she allowed it to happen again. Proof of prediction.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Good work

and a good resolution. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
My best friend s husband Ch 02

Hey Lynn ,

I like the story , but it tends to jump a bit ,,

Good to follow once you know the characters ,,

I can relate !

Rein

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Could be real life. . . could be. . . .

Well written tale of how some look at life. Reality for one is not reality for all.

Wife uses drugs and booze as an excuse, husband uses booze. Social difference is wife is a whore, husband a stud. I did like Phil's touch using the reference of sin.

Good five star story!

edwusaedwusaabout 11 years ago
No Way!

Look, the guy has a few drinks and feels like he has permission to get some strange, finally, 'cause his wife fucks around, and, basically, he's through with her. Don't believe he actually feels guilty. The most likely resolution is -- he goes home afterwards and dumps her, and is much happier without her. Here's a guy who doesn't stray, finds out his wife does, and decides to screw his blonde Lt. Colonel while sober -- hey, this guy has made a decision and it doesn't involve guilt.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
Interesting

reading comments on here about stories you get the idea that there are a lot of arts out there,who see themselves as saints and come down with righteous anger instead of understanding.Drugs and alcohol don't make us do things,they lower inhibitions that normally would stop us from doing stupid things,abd blaming them is as bad as arts sanctimony,it is saying 'i am a saint except for drugs'...

The only criticism I have is the reconciliation is a bit too easy....I think irl Art would not feel guilty about screwing the blond but would say to himself 'she was the whore,so I deserved to do what I did'...as an alternate I think would be furious,not happy,about the blond,partly in fear of losing phil but partly because cheaters often go nuts when their spouse,cheats,as weird as that is.I would have trish blow up at art,have them estranged,then slowly watch as each othet,maybe with phil as truth teller or where lois gives them both the cold shoulder over the way they are brhaving,both of their hypocrisy,and they realize what they mean to each other,and learn to err is human,to forgive divine.Great story though,gave it a 5...and maybe we could see what happens to lois and the rest in a follow on?

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Why bother?

What Lynn doesn't get is that marriage IS about fidelity. In fact, it is that characteristic that distinguishes it from all other types of relationships. Lose the fidelity and you have lost the marriage. You can live with someone, you can love that person, you can even maintain a monogamous relationship. Marriage is about a promise to be faithful, to love the other person above all others, and to forsake all others. Once the fidelity is lost, the marriage vows are broken and the marriage ceases to exist except in the legal sense. You cannot fix a marriage once a spouse is unfaithful, it is not even logical. You can try to live with it, you can deny it, you can pretend - but it cannot be fixed. You can on the other hand divorce. You can, if you believe it is wise get remarried and start again in a new marriage. That is the only real way to move forward, the rest is simply irrational and typical of a "feel good" society where all the kids get trophies even if they lost the game!

OOAAOOAAabout 11 years ago
Good story!

Thanks, good story!

Bets regards

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
Tough call...

Nice attempt the author pulled off to get the story out of a corner. I think she suceeded in a reasonably believeable and enjoyable tale.

thanks for posting

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Working mutuality

You mended your story rate. Very good mutuality story..........5*****

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
Fantastic

An excellent ending to where Lois didn't become a slut and Trish got her man back.

Nicely done.

Thanks for the read...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
As usual, a great story

Thanks lynn for the hot stories you continue to write. Glad I am on your email notification list. Looking forward to the next one

josephstevensjosephstevensabout 11 years ago
The production line...

Another product of Lynn's Production Line....very good. I do feel slightly uneasy of the prospect of wives being so involved with one another's husbands, and they all knowing about it and comparing notes....male insecurity, I guess!

ukresearcherukresearcherabout 11 years ago

I thought the first part was a bit of a cop out but have thoroughly enjoyed the ending. I rather liked the twisted psychology.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I liked Chap one better.

too simplistic. I say this despite my feeling that most of life's' events would look corny on TV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5*****

Very good. Thanks for writing. tom anon

PS. Heading for Eglin to look up the lady colonel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
PREFERRED SOLUTION?

It was an interesting "solution" to the dilemma posed in Ch. 01.

However, I'm a little disappointed that Lois was not a participant in the solution, but merely an advisor. I will concede that if Lois had provided the "sex therapy," it might have been awkward later on when the three of them got together. But then, maybe not, considering Trish's glee when she heard that her husband cheated on her.

Since the solution was not "wrong," but just not my preference, I did not rate it. (I gave 5 stars to Ch. 01, for its great set-up.)

Actually, once Trish succumbed to the two men, the ideal "solution" was no longer possible. Everything after that, is second best. Of course, that ideal situation would not have provided a story.

At any rate, it provided intriguing reading.

Paul in Oklahoma

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Well I really like the story. Two basically decent people who messed up! So what. A little intermediate trauma and eventually they forgive each other and go on with life.

olblueyesolblueyes9 months ago

i liked the story,,i think my ending is better,, trish and lois sharing art, lolol,, ,,OR! phil getting with trish and lois getting art in a foursome,

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Bad

rustyrusty69rustyrusty6912 days ago

Great story with your self made dilemma artfully solved. You can write!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous