All Comments on 'Neighborhood Watch'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Good story! The player got his just rewards.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice and short

Well done!! Your stories are very enjoyable, or even outstanding.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

Baxter was a lucky guy...Just the house burned to the ground! About the wife knowing about the cameras: Being so smart to find them, she would be smart enough to never cheat near home, so we have to accept the writer's way...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I laughed at the last part because that is absolutely what the comments will say lol.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

The cameras were both a bargain and very expensive. As always, thanks for this well written 5* effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She a great actress

Played it out perfectly in front of the camera because hubby was watching.

She is still cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Women and Bad Boys

Women have always been attracted to the "Bad Boys' as was the case in this story. Women love bad boys but marry nice guys for stability and security but they never get over their attraction to the bad boys.

The fact that Julie defended Frank the bad boy and told her husband to get over it raised red flags and the husband should have trusted his instincts. Julie just like the other wives were attracted to all the ego kibble Frank was giving out to the neighborhood wives like candy. Julie's husband spilled the beans about the cameras and put his wife on alert to watch her behavior. The confrontation between Julie and Frank a few days later was just for show to throw off suspicions about her behavior with Frank.

Whether Julie went any further with Frank than enjoying the ego stroking remains to be seen but it obvious that Julie was attracted to Frank's bad boy charms. Something to remember and watch for in the future as there will always be more bad boys that sniffing around your the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good story

I can accept that she did not cheat but what bugs the crap out of me with these stories is that the men never confront Baxter early on and the wives never respect their husbands wishes to stay clear of him. Just out of respect and courtesy for their husbands they should stay away from Baxter and not dance with him. I know they are adults and they should be trusted but when they know it bothers their husband they should stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A different scenario

They all have a pool party early on.

No point giving the snake opportunity.

All the men under the guise of a little horse play grab the snake and give him a dunking.

As in waterboarding dunking.

When he gets truly panicked then a quiet word in his ear would be all thats needed.

Lots of laughing and back slapping follows.

Cheers

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Gave you 4 stars for an enjoyable story. I am just surprised Baxter only lost his house after ruining two families. Plus a house burning in a suburban neighborhood without being detected is more than likely to to spread house to house quickly.

TorgauTorgauover 3 years ago

Hmmm. . . don't like guns, but burning down homes is AOK. Weird.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Great Story;

I enjoyed this one very much & didn't mind one bit that the M.C.'s wife was faithful. Like many readers, as I read the story I wondered if she had done Baxter, prior to discovering the cameras. I suspected something when she wasn't interested in WHO Baxter had bedded, causing me to suspect that she already knew. That perhaps all the women in the group knew & were all taking turns with a big cock, with only the latest two getting caught. I felt that way because I've never met a women that didn't want to know ALL of the local gossip... but since it's your story & you say she did not do the guy, that is that.

However a case could be made that IF she WAS doing Baxter, and therefore was a sneaking cheater, she would not have announced that she saw the cameras. Instead she would be more likely to "preform" for them so hubby saw what she wanted him to see.

BUT, that is not the direction the author wanted to go. OK, a good wife is refreshing here. I find it totally amusing that, no matter what an author writes, some readers insist that they know that the story went a different way.

Hey folks- write your own!!

For JW's effort: *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
THIS WAS A BUNCH OF JUST WORDS

Don't see much entertainment in this story. Choices by Just_Words removes emotions.

You would think a start like this neighborhood men + spy cameras would make an exciting, interesting story. Multiple plot threads, but noooo just a dog pissing on his mail box😲, oh how shocking.

What a waste Just_Words...... A terrible fucking wasted plot device 🤭.

Thank you for trying, better luck next time,

Not very

AMerryman

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

Great story.

It was my guess that when Julie became aware of the cameras and why her husband had placed them that she analysed Baxter and is approaches and realised that he really was as creepy as the husbands thought and decided to shut him down in spades. (As it were!)

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

His wife dodged a bullet and let Baxter know in no uncertain terms he was cut-off and dead meat to her - she was an unconfirmed CHEAT. Her husband had a feeling, he saw/heard something that put the bug in his head after 8yrs of no bugs needed!?! He had great instincts BUT she spotted the cameras, she was not stupid, he wasn't going to catch her now not that way.

/

My only miss was the burnt house was nice touch but Baxter needed some personal batting practice to his testicles as he'd just do the same somewhere else. Baxter is a predator and needed to become a eunuch for the protection of marriages world wide.

/

4*, Hooyah, but just a few salutes...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Well conceived and well executed. Love the ending, 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I don't believe MC's wife was cheating.

Why, in these stories, do the wives NEVER see in the slime ball what is obvious to their husbands?

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Nice story, did she cheat,no

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Great story, as always from this author. Ring cameras, neighborhood watches, and security cameras have changed the world. Adding phone cameras to the mix make it difficult for anything to be anonymous, except for LW comments, anymore.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

4.75* This is a more realistic story than most. Most places I lived in had a neighborhood watch plus my present home is in a condo HOA with community surveillance cameras. Baxter is an ass for assuming there were no cameras. Author is behind on latest tech. You can tie in your day-nite cams to your cellphone and the home computer. The software will ping notify you if there is a person in proximity.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

Baxter needed a beatdown which apparently never happened on his previous conquests. That would have made it a 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I like the

Btb. But if wife knew she was cheating period. You the writer know this.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Thanks JW

A good tale that, and yes evidence of cheating always a mixed blessing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The fifth star

A good story, but the fifth star is for your comment at the end:

" it's my story and I say...."

I get so tired of the assholes who forget a) that it's a story and b} that the author can have it go any direction he/she wants. Readers don't have to like it, but they can't say it's wrong.

Now, I say a dragon flew down and incinerated the house

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago
Good stuff

I don’t think you ever write a bad story. This was really good. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Bland, Uninteresting Story

The story was written totally without emotion or characterizations. Without emotion and fleshing out the participants, there is no story. It could have been condensed to a single paragraph in a news article:

"Got some cameras, caught a couple of cheaters, caught two thieves. The end."

Apparently this writer is not enhancing his skills to those of a top-flight author. Sad...

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
eh

3rd party is a bit emotionless but i did enjoy it for what it was

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Like Mr Words, I’ve read several of these neighborhood parties stories, and . . .

. . . there’s always the scumbag predator whom none of the other husbands like, and it always raises the question: why do they keep inviting him to these parties in the first place? Why do none of these husbands ever say, “Nope, he ain’t coming to my place?”

Even if the neighborhood wives don’t think the predator is a bad guy, they’re going to realize that their husbands don’t like him, and that they’d be better off going along with their husbands on this.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Of course, if none of the men liked guns, . . .

. . . didn’t that make them cucks-in-waiting anyway?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's your story and I believe you that his wife was faithful. If this were a real life situation, though, suddenly having these theatrics only AFTER the wife knew about the cameras would have made me MORE suspicious, not less.

By that I mean, before they discussed the cameras, he never saw Baxter talking to his wife or approaching the house on the cameras (so either there most likely wasn't a problem, or Baxter went around back.) Afterwards, Baxter blatantly strolls up and flirts with her on camera and she violently rejects him in such a way that is easy to interpret without audio. To me, that would feel like a planned production for my benefit.

That aside, it was fun. Good to see the neighborhood being proactive to stop three dirt bags who liked to take things that weren't theirs.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why the dislike of guns?

I for one am happy to know most of my neighbors own and can shoot them decently. Most of us have an outside camera or video doorbell of some kind brought on by the car door checkers who hit our neighborhood a few times. We are all friends and have helped ruin one neighbors marriage by telling on the alpha wife who tried sneaking her boyfriend in while her husband was out of town. He suspected it and asked a few of us to look out for his ex while he was gone. The boyfriend hadn't been there long before he knew and called home. The retirees are quick here

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

I like the basic premise that neighbors (husbands) work together for the common good. That is community. Burning a house down was dangerous and had the potential for a lot of pain. An interesting twist would be a fireman getting injured fighting the fire. What then? Keep posting and I will keep reading. Thanks for the work for us readers.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
It's your story, so yes, she WAS a faithful wife.

There has to be some out there. Lol.

Good yarn. 5 stars

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

i found the writing a bit monotone, not sure what exactly.

it's like there's expressions but no emotions.

regarding Julie, main problem is the nagging feeling that's always there because she cannot prove her innocence since she knew about the cameras. if you reversed the order, it would've smoothen the process (rejected Baxter > caught on camera > the gifts > finding out about the camera > holiday)

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Very good

Very good, and original loving wives story. My only issue is Baxter left with his Balls intact, a poker night alibi could have been provided for the wronged husband's.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
Thanks, folks!

I always expect that my next story will lay an egg. You've been very kind.

I should explain why I had Baxter approach Julie after she admitted that she knew about the cameras. (Remember, she noticed them before she asked about them.) I liked the idea of a wife who was aware of life in her own home, who spotted the cameras, and playfully asked her husband what was up. I liked the image of her loving him, not being defensive, and understanding what a worm like Baxter can do to the otherwise healthy marriages around him. I figure she, like most wives, was the type that saw through Baxter, found him rather pathetic, but kept the peace in the neighborhood by tolerating his behavior so long as it did no harm. That's what most people do in life. When he crossed the line, she gave him the angry rejection he required. I think that's what most truly loving wives do; they get hit on regularly, deflect it politely, and put them down when required. Remember, if 40% of wives cheat, that means that 60% of them don't. Sometimes, we need to celebrate the 60%.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

That last comment by the author explains his story perfectly. But why does he have to explain it again. Read the story he wrote. Julie did not cheat, she rejected Baxter very pointedly. I have been guilty too, but why can’t we let the author write his story the way he wants it to read?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
Pointedly?

Good one, 26thNC. She used the pointy end of the trowel. I like it!

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 3 years ago
I always enjoy your work

I always enjoy your work and really enjoyed your final comment, even though you made hints of other thoughts in your story.

Thank you for the pictures now in my head.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

I did like the 3rd party perspective story (for the LW aspect). That was unusual. I'm sure others have done it but I can't seem to remember one. With so many repeat plots and styles of stories in this category, different is nice.

.

I'm not much a fan of the illegal activities (arson) and I enjoy it more when very creative legal methods are found to really do in a cheater... but... it's not my story.

.

As always I appreciate the effort to give us something free to read for our entertainment. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"I know that the jaded among you will claim that she knew about the cameras and that is why she sent Baxter away. Hey, it's my story and I say she was a faithful wife. Get over it."

No. I believe you. Nice story, by the way!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Just_Words, while I get your point about wanting to "keep the peace" in the neighborhood, "keeping the peace" doesn't have to mean blowing off the husbands' concerns and hang around the turd laughing at his jokes. Maybe if most of the wives gave him the cold shoulder he would have struck out with the others. Maybe they would have cheated anyway, but maybe not.

I'm 100% on your side regarding those who think they know more about your characters than you do!

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
People like Baxter are too superficial and unbelievable, and arson is counterproductive

I continue to find it hard to believe that people like Baxter are really successful, much less to bed two wives. What a relatively happily-married woman could possibly want to cheat with someone like Baxter. It seems that Baxter would only work, if at all, with women who were already unhappy with their marriages.

Anyhow, the real problem that I have with the arson of Baxter's home is that we the people -- the people who pay for our home insurance and the fire departments -- are the ones who really get screwed. Baxter was most certainly fully insured, and probably made out better with the arson. So - Just_Words, please think before you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Different Perspective!

I like it!

The difference was that the cheating was other wives so the story didn't have the usual discovery,.. angst,... Detailed divorce proceedings elements. I found it refreshing. In fact the surprising twist was that the protagonist's wife wasn't cheating.

Good stuff.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
thank you for an interesting perspective

your view point was informative

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

While still in doubt...Wife knew to make Baxter leave. I'm jaded too!!!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

I liked it.

The plot was good and well worked.

No shortage of characters in the story,

but they lacked colour.

Without that colour

the story could never be great.

4 out of 5 from me.

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

Burning the assholes house down wasn't enough!

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with Tiger27.

Tiger27Tiger27about 3 years ago

"Two years from the events, a man named Frank Baxter was found beaten to death behind the Gentleman's

Sports bar in River City".

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

And I thought I was vindictive. Good story, bud, and good call Tiger27. 5 stars; the Bear approves. Good things come to good people. Bad things,....well you get the gist.

The BEAR

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

I like the story. AAA++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

liked the story, but one point is not right, a woman that stands up for an man to her husband whom she knows he and other husbands think is an asshole, would not have turned down a proposition from the said asshole whom she has an attraction to, but she knew she was on camera and stuck the shovel in his chest for show. that's the realality, not explanation 'it's my story'. so get your head out of your butt stick to realism and believability which makes the story more acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perhaps if Julie and the other wives had been less tolerant of Baxter being "subtle with his inappropriate remarks" the two divorces would have been avoided. Playing coy with a predator is selfish, immature and foolhardy.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I agree with Anonymous (well, one of them, anyway). If the wives were already friendly to Baxter... the cheating happened in their hearts. No woman over age seventeen will fail to recognize the signs of a snake, and if she loves her husband, she conspicuously steers clear of any snakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The problem with the Baxters of this world is that they know some wives are never satisfied by their husbands. These Baxter types can easily recognize these wives then slowly push the wives’ bottoms until the wives “believe” that it is ok to cheat on their husbands. We, the good husbands must recognize these predators and stump them where it counts to prevent these Baxters from fucking our wives. This is referred to as a preemptive attack! It saves a lot of marriages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

These Baxter types should be de-cocked to protect our wives!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

like your epilogue best about your own wife. Far too often there is a smooth talker amongst the good friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really like the idea. Our helped save our marriage because I stopped it before it started. I was already suspected a guy I didn't care for and when he showed up on our security camera at the back door. That was all I needed to confront my wife. I stopped it and went to our bedroom. She was in bed reading and I said come with me I need to show you something. When we watching it was plain to see the guy was after my wife and she squeezed my hand when he reached out and grabbed her leg. She did step back. I looked at her and she said I'm sorry for that. I was about to explode when I seen him pull the door open again and she kicked him in the nuts and he dropped down. She looked at me and said now are you proud of me? I said yes but there is one thing she said she knew she should have already told me. Yes you are correct.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hard to get over it,just-words..You put it into the story that she knew about the cameras. Your story, but you left that one open as you did not say she stayed true. My experience in such scenarios has been that its acting for the cameras or bystanders which ever the case. In fact her putting up the obvious display would actually make me suspicious.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

That is why a man should get one "get out of jail for free" card when he marries. This is fiction but it happens all the time in real live. So then he can punish how he sees fit as de court and society is anti male biased and he loses when he tries to follow the law.

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

Yes she knew she was on camera, she had never acted out like that before. How does it go, “ what you don’t know won’t hurt you.” Julie and her husband lived happily ever after.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Really nice tale of life.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Hell yes, burn his house down!

I love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny epilogue. Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and creative. Moved well and at a good pace. My wife started fucking one of the men in my company. He's laughed when I told her I was divorcing her, he made plenty of money and has a bigger cock. Her song changed when I found him to be untrustworthy, and fired him. I don't really even miss her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When you see a snake you don't keep allowing to get close. It will eventually bite you. Best way to get rid of a poisonous snake is to cut it head off or bag it and take to the middle of nowhere and dump it. Baxter would have been easy to move on.

Just a little conversation with him and have the subject be what happens to men eat in another mans place. The repercussions would be painful and permanent. Assholes like him are punks and will disappear when they see that their hunting area is being watched and protected. Just the threat of what will happen is usually enough to make it happen. If not there is always a place that leaves no sign.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

maybe... maybe not...

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

A good clean storyline simple in how you played it, but nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yep, it's your story. Being your story, you set the reality.

The first is that he had trust in his wife.

The second is that she was truly faithful.

The rest was a good yarn too

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

A little different LW story, J_W is one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I’m glad I’m not that jaded yet! Fairhful wife FTW!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"Patels are Indian by descent"

No. They are just indians.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Nice story and I liked it, but why did Baxter get off so light? I know his house burned down, but besides the personal stuff he lost, he probably made out like a champ with insurance money. Not saying he should have been castrated but he at least deserved a beat down.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She said that Baxter was never worth the price she paid. I doubt that anyone would disagree with her, but some things cannot be undone no matter how much you wish it.

===> That sums it up efficiently. The sad thing is that 75% of married men and 66% of married women say that they would cheat if they knew for certain they would not be caught (i.e. no price to be paid or even risked). That is staggering and terrifying.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As bad as scum like Baxter is, it's the wives that ultimately make the decision so lower themselves to the level of being a cheater so really they are the ones at fault. Baxter and those like him are simply a form of fidelity test and spouses that fail such a test deserve to lose everything and honestly shouldn't be married in the first place.

As for the stats of the previous commenter, that also means 1 in 4 men and a 1 in 3 women would remain faithful in those circumstances. Honestly that's a lot higher than I would have hoped for but maybe I'm more jaded than most. I too thought that Julie might have been tempted if she hadn't known about the cameras.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yes it's your story,but there is only one reason Baxter was there and comfortably so, you chose not to expand on what you insinuated with him showing up in the yard. Yep, she put a show on for the camera..

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

@Anonymus "As bad as scum like Baxter is,..." Agree with your comment a 100%.

The bigotry in Western societies is annoying. Depending on the of circumstances women are characterized as stunning and brave, each of them are precious goddesses that should be worshipped, they are better than men in ecery aspect, especially do they sport much higher emotional intelligence and empathy.

As soon as it suits them they turn into victims and need protection and can't be held responsible for any wrongdoing, because somehow some man or men in general are at fault by default.

Like in the case laid out in this tale, the so called predator knows which buttons to push and the poor women can't help themselves and fall into the predators "trap".😥 There are many other stories in which that "excuse" is used even more explicitly.

Even many male authors here also put it in the mouth or heads of their male MCs that it's alright that women in a divorce are usually bequeathed with main custody of the children, because they are nurturing, mature and empathetic while men are generally not. Generalizations like that are complete BS. Studies show that on average kids brought up by single fathers fare better in life than those who grew up with a single mother. I know it's not a topic in this story, but I was on a roll, sorry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...