All Comments on 'Not What You Think'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Karma

Karma can be very good or it can be a stone cold bitch. Justice was served.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I only wished that instead of a knife

That she'd have done them in with a Pickaxe handle just to piss off the kabal !

5 stars .

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
Wow!

That actually read live a novelisation for a Crime TV show! 5* brilliance!

xtchrxtchralmost 5 years ago
And Another WOW!

You had me hooked from the get-go. I am of the same mind as this girl. When the law-and-order system breaks down, vigilante justice is all that is left for one's own sanity. Thank you for a very moving and entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
i love...

characters who favor justice over the system - especially when the justice is merited and ends at the last one. 5*

TailakaTailakaalmost 5 years ago
DOD DNA

Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think DOD will match DNA for you without a warrant. The DOD DNA registry is supposed to be for using to positively identity dead servicemen. I don't *think* they'll match DNA without a federal court order. If you can get a warrant you can just as easily obtain a blood sample from the accused. The DOD does this because their DNA samples shouldn't be used as an end-run around properly warranted searchs (like DNA collection).. I could be wrong on the exact details though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Well written; grabbed my attention fro the beginning. Can't say that I agree with the detectives, but I can understand their feelings. This story fits her, and not on "Blue Bloods"

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 5 years ago
ONLY thing I would change...

At the end of.the conversation... She would say, " Go on you're gonna miss your flight. Semper fi."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
DNA

Couldn't the ME compare the DNA at the scene with Samantha's to get the familial match?

tazz317tazz317almost 5 years ago
THE WATCHERS ARE PAID TO PROTECT AND SERVE

but in some cases they can become jury and judge. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
DNA

You can't access the DOD DNA database even with a warrant. Even Army CID or NCIS can't access it for criminal investigations. Think first episode of the show.

Those samples were taken, not willing given, for the sole purpose of identifying human remains upon repatatriation. They committed no crime and no choice in giving the sample. They cannot be used for any other purpose than identify Remains or POWs.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 5 years ago
Another excellent Woodmanone story

I agree that the ending should have been “go ahead, you’ll miss your flight, semper fi”.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
Bet she used a

Sykes Fairbairn Knife. Those dude were the bomb! Reading up on them, now.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Great story, doesn't even fit in LW or the contest theme, but nice change from all the others.

She lied to her partner for naught, unless she trashed the whole report. Both detectives know who she is, and that she's a Marine. Not hard to find.

OTOH, no use crying over three dead POS

Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
Yes

Hell yes, Justice served! OooRah Semper Fi! Five Stars!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 5 years ago

Justice will be served!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Women

Sometimes women have to stick together in order for real justice to prevail.

Good going woodman.

T.T.

stev2244stev2244almost 5 years ago

Good job, Woody. Entertaining crime story with the right kind of ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another good read!

Thanks for your time, effort and talent. You have given me hours of good reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good, if bloody tale

I'm not sure this fit the story requisites as she was just avenging her sister's murder and was no corrupted by power. Just using her skills. But while it felt good that she got away for the moment, it's hard to believe a cop would risk her career and let her go. Too many facts out there showing and proving she was the killer. And check your story. Something happened mid-page 2 and all the writing is in huge, bold face type. Very strange.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 5 years ago
Great Story!

Excellent story line, well developed and nicely written. We need a lot more stories from you!

Richie4110Richie4110almost 5 years ago
Loved it Thanks

I loved the philosophy that old men make the rules we live by so sometimes a vigilante must do the job of justice.

Well done.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Hooyah, salute 6* from an USN-MAA/AFP (hard-hat)!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Another good story from you Woody. I'm sorry you were brought in late. You can see it in some simple grammar errors that you don't normally have in your stories.

It is very good to see another story from you.

Thanks!!!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 5 years ago
Well done

Well written, good characters and a bit different story.

Glad to to see a story again by one of my favorites.

Thank you for sharing.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I should be worried...

I should be worried about the message sent (vigilante justice is OK).

However, given the reasons outlined in your fine story, I have to say "Justice is served"!

notredame43notredame43almost 5 years ago
Nice

justice served nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
uh, slight spelling error

wince, not winch

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice to see justice served after the complete failure of the justice system...

...and I want Alyssa’s number. Too bad she’s just a character in a great story.

I knew an MP on an airbase I can’t talk about. She looked somewhat like Catherine Bell form the TV series JAG, but somewhat duskier.

Except she was in far better shape, taller with strong, athletic legs and somewhat slim hips with a tight, womanly behind....and she was even better endowed than Ms. Bell. She was also the toughest woman on three continents and every soldier that tried her got ejected at 4,000 feet to make a very hard landing.

Funny thing.

She wasn’t gay, attached, a man hater or an ice queen. She just wasn’t dating base attached personnel. I heard she had had a dust up when her married CO at a prior assignment tried to make her a play toy and she put him in the hospital. Apparently, a court martial was never convened. Funny thing there, too. Doesn’t usually go that way.

I was living off base and doing interesting work in that place. As the months rolled on, and I saw her on occasion, I came to admire her and would have loved to strike up a conversation to see if I couldn’t find a reason to take it somewhere very enjoyable, maybe even permanent. I was hung.

But having seen the lay of the land, I felt it would have been an embarrassing waste of everyone’s time....and I don’t care for hard landings.

Call me a coward, I only ever smiled and said “hello” to her when happenstance brought our paths to a crossing. Eventually I worked myself out of a job there and accepted work at another facility.

I’ve never before or since seen the likes of that woman, but to this day, I get hard just thinking about her. Your Alyssa sounds like you might have also seen this Valkyrie of a woman.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Good story

Great to see you writing. Editing was a little rough (for you).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
YEAH......

Sometimes the "system" just sucks and, unfortunately, favors the "bad guys"! Sometimes "Dirty Harry" is a better solution!

Iamcurious999Iamcurious999over 4 years ago
Criminal Rehabilitation, Anybody?

I suppose the "progressives" among us can look at this as an exercise in the successful rehabilitation of violent predicate felons. These really bad men will NEVER EVER do it again!

Good guys (or gals): 1

Bad guys :0

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
400 Hundred Years Ago

You write some very good stories, I especially like your westerns. I have not seen any new stories in quite some time though, perhaps you can send us some more of your great stories. Oh, by the way , forget the criticism on your grammar, everyone makes mistakes but it seldom distracts from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is dumb.

The DNA testing alone would have flagged Alyssa by the DOD. They would have turned it over to NCIS for investigation. Alyssa would have been questioned, her movements tracked and that would have resulted in discovery that Judy let her go. She would have lost her job. This story is pretty awful.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Anon 4/24

You're the putz who reminded the teacher she forgot the pop quiz aren't you? Fuck up a wet dream you would poindexter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Defective adapted to situation and released as good fisherman catch and release

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
If you believe the info from “Gibbs” on NCIS, the DoD database was /is designed to help identify bodies and cannot be used to solve crimes.

Just saying.

P.S.: How is Rocky doing these days?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice ending

That’s the difference between the law and justice.

The law is clear but due to the corruption and untrustworthy actions made by those who are “ENTRUSTED” to enforce it. Enforce it! Not use it to benefit your own selfish purposes. Yet another reason why lawyers should be prohibited from being judges. 90 % of them are weak, selfish, morally corrupt power hungry assholes anyway.

So to continue

The law is a criminals friend and a victims nightmare.

Justice is swift and final

You can hide behind the law but no one hides from justice

So, be careful who you wrong. You never knowwhich system they follow.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

As usual a class story,

That is what I expect from you.

There are times when the best thing is to just look the other way

Omart57Omart57almost 2 years ago

Second time through this one, W! Good story! Justice isn't always legal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Law and Justice are not compatible.

Nice story.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 1 year ago

Enjoyable story, yet the killer's remark about "the system" run by men being the reason for the case of her sister remaining unsolved makes her sound like a delusional political activist.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Hey, a_reader_from_germany, the justice system IS RUN BY MEN. She's a delusinal, political activist for pointing out a fact? Calm down, not everything you dislike is "woke", bitch.

chytownchytownabout 1 year ago

*****Great read. Thanks for sharing. Semper Fi

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox11 months ago

Perfect!!! The Justice ?? system in the USA is total shit and favors the criminals in this country with all the stupid loophole laws introduced and passed by lawyers and the far left extremists.

Thanks for a great story. Semper Fi

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Justice served

🤛🤛👊

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ditto, Justice Served🤛🤛👊🏿. Vermin exterminated. The law is only about who can buy it.

dgfergiedgfergie3 days ago

Given the position the detective was in I think most of us would have done the same thing she did. Our justice system sometimes does not work the way it should and then it needs a little help. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...