All Comments on 'Payment in Kind'

by ProperlyTwisted

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
franmyr619franmyr619almost 3 years ago

Damn, this is absolutely great. Can’t wait to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AN ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE PIECE OF WRITING. WELL DONE!

ProperlyTwistedProperlyTwistedover 2 years agoAuthor

I really appreciate all the kind comments. A version or two of this story had been running around in my head for some time, but it took a long while to get it onto paper. Very glad that folks are enjoying it. I'm working on a related piece focusing on the the side-story between Eunice Hawthorne and the investigator, Terry Clavell. It's taking a fair amount more time than I'd planned, but nothing good seems to come from rushing.

Grizzlybear69Grizzlybear69over 2 years ago
The best

I woke up at 4 am and read more of this story. The tension forced my subsequent dreams….not of sex but of heart AND sex. Wow. What a story.

vern95660vern95660over 2 years ago

I couldn’t stop reading from start to end. Loved every paragraph.

Is there a sequel forthcoming?

I and I’m quite sure, others would enjoy knowing if one was in the fire waiting to be pulled out at just the right moment.

A sword of swords carefully crafted by an artist among artists, that would not be diminished and forced to sit in the shadows of it’s predecessor!

A “sword” that could stand on its own as a masterpiece, painstakingly brought to life to fulfill its destiny of plunging deep into the hearts and minds of your fans.

Oops I got carried away.

To sum it all up; Please tell me there is a sequel……

WittonWittonover 2 years ago

Well - the old lawyer in me wants to complain about a contingent fee in a divorce case (forbidden some places as discouraging reconciliation and therefore against public policy) and a jury trial (divorces used to be regarded as a matter in equity and so were tried to a judge - some places justified the rule in that manner)

.... but

A truly great story - I'm going off to read some of your others

ProperlyTwistedProperlyTwistedover 2 years agoAuthor

Witton you are correct that most states bar them, Texas does not, but they're frowned on. It was a significant construct to this story--an ancillary to the fact that despite being in the midst of wealth he had nothing--so I used it. Texas also splits issues in a divorce, some are tried to a jury and other decisions are left to the judge. Thanks for reading and for commenting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I usually skim these stories to take care of business. This story caught my genuine attention right away and I really enjoyed it. Especially since I work in the legal industry (I’d be Penny in this story.)

Saucy bits were excellent, too! Great job, ProperlyTwisted!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredible story. Love the build up.

LinnetLinnetover 2 years ago

If John Grisham wrote sex stories...! I loved reading this. The sex was beautifully done and the story was utterly compelling. Something for the rest of us to aspire to!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read, not unlike the sex scenes, it keeps teasing you and drawing you in more. Excellent read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story told very well. I am looking forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Possible the best story I have EVER read on this site. It has everything! You are a brilliant writer

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know the area, having lived in Houston and married a gal from East Texas. Great story, loved the legal angle. I loved the story, one of the top five on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great.

Definitely top 10 on the site.

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a great read, possibly the best I've read on this site. My only disappointment was that the story was so short!

Tanksdad2020Tanksdad2020about 2 years ago

Awesome I loved that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave up. The story seems to go no where. By page three, I was tired of the back story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Normally I come here to read a quick story and get off. Usually if I see something more than a few pages I don't read any further, I couldn't put this story down. It was great from beginning to end. Thank you for giving me what I didn't know I wanted.

BillSmith6699BillSmith6699about 2 years ago

Great story! Really well written. Needs some sort of sidetrack where shes in love with him but he whores her out to strangers and she loves it. Something like that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story does its best to establish Harper Betts as a more than likable guy. He's smart, competent, accomplished, and fair to the woman who works for him. But that's an insufficient summary, isn't it? He's as abusive as Marsh. Forgive the anonymous comment, but then again, who are you? Here's a guess. Smart. Likes power. Mid-fifties. Overly whitened teeth. Decent to all except the women who fall for him. Then a little abusive?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A quibble from another old lawyer. Attorneys are not generally forbidden from sex with their clients. What is forbidden is for the sex to damage their client's cases. Having sex with a client in a divorce damages the client's case.

Once the divorce is final, sex with the client no longer is relevant to anything, so it is allowed. One of the best lawyer stories I have read in a very long time. Very well done. Bravo.

immagetitimmagetitover 1 year ago

Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hire a proofreader or read the finished story before sending it out for publication.

EzrollinEzrollinover 1 year ago

Better than average story on all counts, well written,easy to follow and interesting story line. A few technical errors pertaining to the law. Can't give it a five, so gave it four stars. Good writing, do a little more research for future stories.

WittonWittonover 1 year ago

An old lawyer quibbled whether an attorney was prohibited from having sex with a client; he contended that such was the case only when the client's case was damaged. Maybe that is the case where the old boy practices, but in my state (Alaska) it is not the case, and in Washington a friend of mine got suspended for six months for screwing (literally, not figuratively - he got amazing results for his female clients) women he represented. Washington did not have an existing rule against that sort of activity at the time, but he got hung out on some sort of "conduct unbecoming" charge.

JazHazJazHazover 1 year ago

Great story. Loved the happy endings in both parts 1 and 2.

Funfriend1410Funfriend1410over 1 year ago

I loved this story, I couldn’t leave it..

I had to keep reading until the end , now I’m sad it’s finished.

10/10 from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well written sensual fantasy that held my attention throughout and made me continue to read

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'll say it is very well written. I do wish a lot more effort would've been put towards the actual 'payments'.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed the quality of your writing and the good spelling and grammar. There were a few blemishes of the sort that aren’t caught in a spell-check. No complaints, but you might have somebody give it a final proofreading before submission.

cuckiemancuckieman5 months ago

Well, I would have to say on a site which I consider essentially a sex site, your scripts Payment in Kind 1 & 2 are a breath of fresh air. Both are well planned scripts, erotic and extremely well written. While I might migrate to a much more graphic story, I was absolutely enthralled by your script. I make a distinction between your scripts and other stories because that is exactly what it is. I could see your scripts evolve as a highly successful erotic emotional drama screenplay. And who would not be enthralled in something like that. The story line, the painful emotional reality of real-life circumstances, balanced with personal struggles and demons, heroes, cautionary love and fetish. I love it and I do not believe there is a better written piece on this site. I am not critical of very slight typos or inconsistencies because the scripts and characters are so strong. Thank you for your time and efforts writing a wonder couple of pieces.

Mavuk1Mavuk14 months ago

I’ve enjoyed Erotic stories for many years. From many sources. This is possibly the best I’ve read. Thank you 🤩

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Incredible amount of detail on legal work, Justice, and small town life! Love it! This story made it feel real, and possibly a very good movie adaptation if it ever has the right opportunity! Love it!

Mike_StandMike_Standabout 1 month ago

Wow. I'd give more than 5 stars if I could. I loved the sex and I loved the story. The pacing was great, dialog all well written, I just didn't want it to end.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I fell in love with these characters reading this story. Especially Dell, and Penny. Thank you.

I usually come to this section of the web for a little guilty pleasure and you found the perfect balance for me in this story. Of consent and non consent and morality adjacent to immorality in a way that let's me really enjoy myself while reading and not even feel dirty afterwards. Thank you for that too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous