All Comments on 'Slices Of Small Town Life Ch. 03: Bobby'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Zero shades of grey

And that's ok. This is not a balanced story and it's not going to be a balanced story. This is a tabloid tale amped up by very skilled writer who puts his reader smack dab in the middle. Babyfaces and heels make up the roster of characters. It seems there's a smackdown en route. Can't wait.

Full marks. * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm not that enthusiastic...

I didn't like this chapter at all. There were mistakes all over the place and it was written in choppy style not worthy of this writer. A single dimensional character that was more of a caricature.

Sorry, this was not worthy of this writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
really

Really last chapter should been the end

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 8 years ago
Still a 5

A few typos here and there, Faith briefly became Grace...but the story was there & I'm waiting for the next installment(s). You have my attention...plus, the price is right.

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
Hmmm

Not sure if I'm fond of Faith being so gentle on her mother like this.

Still, I won't say whether this chapter is good or bad until I see a resolution between Charley and his (hopefully soon to be ex) wife.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
I CAN DEFINETLY HEAR IN HIS UPCOMING SOLIQUY

a very loud " O Shit". TK U MLJ LV NV

frasnostfrasnostabout 8 years ago
More exposition ...

... but qhml1 has a way of weaving exposition into an interesting yarn. The story is taking shape and I can foresee another winner.

This chapter puts full emphasis on Bobby in such a manner that the reader could be fooled into thinking his egocentric, narcissistic, philandering cokehead ways make him the primary villain. As someone who likes to raise his hands against women he is a monster, but not the primary villain. That monicker belongs to Rose, who is only now coming to terms with the chickens coming home to roost.

Given her unashamed background and Charley's hidden dark side, I cannot see qhml1 writing a reconciliation and so I cannot wait to see how the hammer falls on Rose.

I have few quibbles at how Bobby's character was used as a foil to shift the emphasis of Rose's wrongdoings to his. In the end, I felt the scheming to snag her potential paramour's daughter and the drug addiction felt shoehorned in to cloak the real crisis. Be that as it may, it was still pleasurable to read.

***** because qhml1 can write magic.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
You Know

You could have put this as part of another chapter. Bobby didn't deserve two pages. However, he'll get what's coming to him and that's ok.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

Charming people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Taking too long

I appreciate your desire to prolong the story in "serial" foremost, but the delay between installments leaves the reader, at least this one, finding initial difficulty remembering previous story line and getting up to speed. This format would work well of yours was the only story to follow, but is just one of many. I have enjoyed this tale, but would enjoy it even more if it was released as a single read. That said..when complete, will go back and read it again for continuity. The delay earned a 4

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
No comment on the outcome so far

QHM has a way of surprising us,he allways does,divorcing Rose ?he probably will but even that is far from sure,when you reed "terrible taste in tees" you can see that in the end it turned out differently than the BTB crowd hoped for

Don't take anything for granted,i for one think that Faith will have a big part in the outcome

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 8 years ago
well

Another whiter then white super perfect husband gets cheated on by an intelligent successful wife who also strangely an I.Q. in single digits.

Rinse and repeat add infinitum.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
@swedishreader1

You are right. It would be nice if the characters could actually grow, and gain wisdom from their experience. For instance, it would be interesting if the cheating wife realized that what she did was wrong, foolish, and after many years: ultimately unsatisfying. It would be nice if she cared (loved) anyone but herself and felt the loss of the relationship she had with them due to her actions. It would be nice if she really grasped what she had done.

It would also be great if the aggrieved husband could ask himself: what role did I have in my wife's cheating? Not that he caused her to cheat, but had he contributed to her need to cheat in some way? If not, how could he not have a clue about the person he was closest to in his life? How could she fool him for years? Was he not paying enough attention? Was he too gullible? Was he stupid or was she that good at lying? In the end, whatever the answer it would be nice if he were to realize that her cheating was her decision alone, for her own ends, and if she had not come to him with her problem he could not be expected to do anything about it. It would also be nice if these characters were to realize that this is life, we only get one crack at it and there is no time to waste on shitheads. Even better, maybe they could figure out that all people will eventually fail those they love, if only by dying and leaving their loved ones behind. There is more to life than the love of mortals.

RePhilRePhilabout 8 years ago
Gaining momentum

"To the Way Back machine Sherman" remember those lunchtime tv cliff hanger shows back in the day? Yeh I thought they we fun to. To dedicate an entire chapter developing Bobby boy to have him shipped off to jail in the next instalment was unxpected. I think I have lost the current point of conflict in the story, has all been resolved? What demon remains to be Slayed. Guess we will have to stay tuned for a qhml1 surprise

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Weaving a story

What the hell is the matter with you people. This is a complex story, with multiple characters, each with their own story line, written by a talented author. I appreciate this type of story structure. But it requires patience from the reader. It's not a flash story. Be patient, and let the plot lines come together.

I for one can't wait for more. Thanks and appreciation.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Getting Better

“She flirted a little harder as the weeks went by, taking him into her office, stroking him lightly over his slacks while they kissed. He ran his hand under her dress, and she pushed towards him” – Excuse me, this has already gone beyond “flirting”!

“Jesus, I hadn't even fucked her yet." – Is this a continuity error? I thought she was already fucking him?

“as he tried to drag an unconscious Grace through the front doors.” – You mean “Faith”. I know name slips are common here, but at least on the Literotica page it was right under her name in the prior sentence!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
This was the first chapter I didn't like

Too easy.

You can't talk about weaving a tapestry of complex characters and then point to one and just say he's the bad guy because ... reasons.

I cold cope with Charles being an unrelenting saint because that happens occasionally with small town rich guys but this is too much. You might as well shave Bobby's head and get Charles a cape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!

QHMl1 is weaving a "fun" story. Yes, there are typos. Yes, it drags a little. Yes, it's a bit trite. It's still entertaining, it's still engaging, and, even better, it's another example of how the author's mind works when deciding how to express himself to his audience. Thanks for the fine effort!

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Charley isn't a saint...but a man of honour that always...

Charley isn't a saint...but a man of honour that always pays his debts...True friend for his friends, but also a unforgivable man for his enemies...And Bobby, like the other man, messed with his daughter, put her in hospital...now he will wish he was dead...3* for this chapter...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
I see this as one story broken into chapters.

The initial premise, or so I thought, was numerous stories of people in a town and how they eventually intertwined. This story, thus far, is not delivering that. It's a story about Charlie and his family and the problems he is facing. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but simply not what I had believed to be the stated plan at the beginning. There are a lot of missing words for a Q story. I do that on occasion as well, because my fingers do not type as fast as my brilliant mind thinks up shit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Summary of the comments so far

Too many mistakes, sloppily written, disjointed, too much exposition, unrelatable characters, one-dimensional characters, predictable plot, etc., etc., etc..

But, hey, I gave you five stars because you're one of my favorite authors.

Yes...the Loving Wives ratings system is irreparably broken.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
good story

Another good chapter. Hitting women, animal abuse, sometimes it seems that there really are too many people in the world.

Could someone explain to javmore and swingers how good stories get good scores? For some reason they don't think it is possible. Maybe it is the good story part?

WriteMyDayWriteMyDayabout 8 years ago
Thanks for the effort.

When I pay so much for a story I don't expect to see any errors. You and your editors, publishing company, and all the money we give you should eliminate them. Ummmm

Based on the typos I found you would think this was done in someone's free time for free and shared freely for everyone to enjoy.

5* for the story - thank you for the effort.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 8 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 8 years ago
What happened to the cat?

The way this story is going does the cat return in later chapters? This is like an old Saturday Morning cliff hanger. Probably sorry I started it, but its OK. You have written better stories so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A decent story so far. With the typical LW short-coming; Why did she cheat?

If you are going to leave us with just, "because I could," and of course because she enjoyed it, then we have to wonder how such a decent down to earth sensitive man like Charley wound up with such a shallow selfish stupid whore? And how can such an ego-concentric conniving bitch be a good wife and mother for so many years? Adultery is a symptom, not the problem. I wonder if you have the wit and imagination to explore and explain the true problem Rose had with her marriage? She even apologized to Bobby for cutting him off, while she works on her marriage. I thought there was a clear implication she still wanted to fuck Bobby's brains out if it wasn't for the complication of her husband and daughter being unhappy about it. Rose is mentally fucked up and lacks the morals and ethics to be a wife and mother. Sure she can change. It will take years to accomplish and prove. I wonder if Charley will wait. Why should he? He won't, if a better opportunity comes along. Based on your story and the community, he will have many better opportunities.

A good story with an interesting plot and characters. Thank You.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 8 years ago
Doubling down

You are really doubling down on the LW-cliche ride, here. I had hoped that you were just using them early on to set up something you could explore or put a cool twist on, but instead we are getting Generic LW Revenge Tale.

My central problem here is still the lack of any kind of conflict or urgency, and I think there are a couple of reasons this is happening:

1. There is action, but not suspense. We are not following (or even aware of) a protagonist who is up against the odds, or who has to worry over the outcome of the match. Our original hero is pretty much in the driver's seat from day one, with all his retributional intentions laid out and the entire community behind him. Anything around him that happens either exists only to fuel his revenge or to remind us that woah boy is he great/mad.

Even in this chapter, where Faith is attacked, there isn't really a sense of true danger (other than having to read yet another LW in-hospital injuries list conversation), because the chapter opened by telling us that Bobby ends up in jail and then invested every moment it had in painting him as a blustering toad who couldn't get anything right in his whole life. Even the event itself is sort of perfunctory, with just a few paragraphs between the first physical attack and the assurance (to the reader) that the cops have been called. And some of that time is spent on the cat. Really, a lot of this story is written as a series of "and then..." quick hits. And then this happened. And then this happened. And then...

2. The drama that initiated this story is not being used to propel it forward, but is instead sharing space with side dramas that are often semi-related or just inconsequential. In this chapter, the affair gets a totally unnecessary recap (Bobby's reasons for fucking his boss do nothing to change our impressions of either the event or the players), and then really only get about 5 sentences of uneventful acknowledgement at the very end...presumably just to say that, no, our author hast completely forgotten about it. But it's just got nowhere to grow, anymore. The real estate is getting filled up with these other things. The simpering, mindless wife has nothing to offer us in the way of nurturing this central story, and almost as soon as our protagonist knew the truth he turned into a character from another story, too horny for murder to have any feelings whatsoever regarding the affair(s). He comes across as driven to avenge an event that really only irritates him (when he isn't busy being adored by the locals, snore). Meanwhile, as previously mentioned, he's got money, a prenup, and everyone on his side. The summary for this story probably wouldn't even mention an affair. It would just read: "a tale of small town drama, but this small town has multiple thriving businesses and a veterinarian that doesn't spend most of her day with her hand up a cow's ass so your guess is as good as ours."

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Liking the story so far,

but the comments, as usual, are just as entertaining. I really like the spelling and sentence structure fairies that invade the comments. Hard not to chuckle at the comments about choppy sentences and super saint husbands and the poor slut wives that are driven to cheat by the sheer inability to put up with a man who treats them like a queen and caters to their every need. Hate to break it to you folks, but some people are just evil and that's all there is too it. Bobby was a sociopath and Rose most probably is a psychopath. A lot of people have an inflated sense of their own self worth, which makes them entitled to do anything they want to do. Hey, they are wonderful and everyone is bound to know that and just forgive anything they do to them.

Charlie is just lucky he hasn't "woke up dead" some morning. Rose doesn't understand there is a right and a wrong. No black and white in her world, all shades of grey. Convenient way to live if you are amoral, but most of the world has some concept of right and wrong. Keep 'em coming. Good reads so far. Got 5 from me, incentive and thanks for sharing so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can't keep track of your own character's names

Why should I bother? Just really sloppy writing. You used to be better than this.

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
The main flaw in the story is the problem with Lit voting

The characters seem to come in '1's or '5's. Either they are wise, wholesome, rich, and socially supported, or they are scumbags whom beggars wish to wipe their feet on them "PTUI!"

On to the next chapter.

Here is the inherent drama that a Matt Moreau story has and this lacks(OMG, I am actually referencing a MM story POSITIVELY) The protagonist (not hero) faces challenges and beat downs. We keep waiting for him to surmount some of these offenses and obstacles...and wait...and wait...and wait...still waiting. (And there is the failure of a MM story as well...there is never a pay off except the protag stops trying)

Here, all of the 'good people' are already alpha bitch winners. The Unoriginalist wrote it much better than I could.

Waiting for something interesting to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Proofread

You need to proofread two or three times, unless Faith is also known as Grace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lol chuckle !

Gee whicklers Batman, if one only read the comments on this series so far you would only assume that the scores would only be in the mid 2's . I mean come on its let's see if I've got this so far Too short , too long , too clichéd , too predictable , too heroic , too slutty , too formulaic , ect. ect. But wait , its the highest scoring story of each day that a post is made, WTF !

Maybe the unoriginalist can write a 500 word answer for that ! No wait , please don't do that U.O. , the last time I read something that long from you I was seriously contemplating suicide ! (seriously , that boilerplate series would have left a gaggle of teenaged goth chics complaining about all the over the top angst )

And now here will come in the " but its not original" little harpies next , to them I say , and your point is ! Just how many different ways can a long termed marriage be rocked ? There is very few truly original plots , just refurbished older ones. Between the Greeks and the Bard , just about everything has been written before , get over it !

Loving it Q ! Keep 'em coming !

5*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting...

You definitely create a bad guy (Bobby) that people can hate and want to see get his cummupence. From beating on women to animals; who wouldn't despise this character? I for one just hope you don't use it as a reason to reconcile Charley and Rose. Really no reason to keep a lying, deceitful, serial cheater around; poisonous to all the relationships and communities it touches (speaking from experience). And hopefully, from a previous chapter; you won't have the PIs lie to Charley causing him to go easy on Rose.

In any case I guess we'll see. Good story thus far.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 8 years ago
Another Emotionless Piece

This author can write with great emotion-see "The Cost" and others-but not this time. It almost reads as though the author has decided not to express the emotions the episodes would normally evoke.

I too am tired of the perfect husband model story. It makes for the usual inexplicable cheating wife, which is unsatisfying.

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 8 years ago
qhml1 - not your best or close to it

I really think that you are getting high marks for your reputation more than this piece of work. The former is deservingly stellar. The latter - not so much. Its dry. Antiseptic. No characters to really invest in. No humor whatsoever. No build up. Just very very dry.

SKHPSKHPabout 8 years ago
Far below your normal high standard, qhml!

...regarding character development, plot, style and - most important - lack of tension.

3* for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hell, it's a *5--again

Come on people. How can you look at rhe other schlock in LW and not appreciate this? There was another story posted today that actually had a "throbbing member" in it by some guy for whom English must have been his umpteenth language.

Shit. The worst sex I ever had was wonderful and the worst story by qhml1 is pure gold compared to the lignite we usually have to sift through. Sheesh!

Please please please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not good thus far 2*

Your writing seems rushed and stilted. No real emotion showing through the jerky plot. You need to give more time and attention to this story to hopefully rescue it.

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
Keep it coming

I love the story. A little good, a little bad, and a little ugly. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
The Comments

The comments sure seem consistent: this is a dull and predictable story (so far) that is poorly-written, with lifeless and one-dimensional characters that are difficult to relate with. And yet, the score for this story is nearly as high as one can be. Have I made my point yet re. the scoring system?

I find it funny that the same people who are making the comment that this story is "good enough" and "better than most", and defending the author by insisting that there are only so many ways to tell a LW story, are more than likely the same people who complain about other stories' repetitive plots and poor grammar.

Let's just face the facts: most readers in this section rate every story based on the "type" of story (BTB, cuck, RAAC, etc.) it is, and not for its actual quality and entertainment value. Every story is either a "1" or a "5" (with no gray area in between), depending on whether or not it fits the type of repetitive, done-to-death, dead-horse-beaten plot you happen to enjoy.

Take a look at the top 50 LW stories of all time. How many of them involve a cheating wife who either doesn't get caught or is allowed to cheat by her husband? Are we really supposed to believe that a story with that type of plot can't be highly entertaining and well-written? Or is this simply a reflection of the readers' distaste for the idea of such a thing happening to them in real life?

I tried to give Q the benefit of the doubt and plow through another chapter in this series, but I just can't. I know the guy is talented (because everyone says so), but I just can't get into this particular story. Maybe I'll have to dive into the archives and read some of his older stuff to understand what the fuss is about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting!

qhml1,

Despite the commentary the scores do reflect that this is an excellent story. I'm not sure what the commentators are looking for,but it seems that most of us reading this story are finding it entertaining. Nicely done.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
swingerjoe

Crawl back into one of your cesspool stories. If we want to hear your bullshit we're find a cuckold fag.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Re: Interesting

Anonymous, it is indeed interesting that the comments and scores tell a different story. A lot of the commentary was about the unexceptional nature of the story, often leavened with favourable comments about the author's ability.

I agree with Swingerjoe about the scores being irrelevant to the true worth of a Loving Wives story. As he said, those who disagree with the theme of the story all give it 1 star regardless of how well it is written and those who like the theme give it 5 stars. Comments, and especially comments by the better reviewers (of whom there are several) are a much better way to decide whether a story is worth reading.

The key to getting a high score for a LW story (if that's what you want) is to avoid upsetting the usual suspects, as Joe said. Just appeal to the lowest common denominator.

L

C_frommnC_frommnabout 8 years ago
Well

I am one of the People who either likes a Story and gives it 5*s or just moves on w/o voting. Figuring the Reads vs the Votes show how much I was or Was'nt impressed. But swingerjoe has a Good Point. Just because we hope to never feel the Pain from a Cheater M or F does'nt mean the stoey is Garbage and un-readable. So if i read a story and think it was done well 5*s . If not No *s.

Thats just me.

hpldwghpldwgabout 8 years ago
Excellent!

This is an excellent story, with the high level of quality and creativity I have come to expect from your work. The development of the plot is intriguing and each chapter leaves me wanting more! I do not want to be in Bobby's shoes as Charley deals with him for the attack on his daughter. Also, Bobby's actions just add more fuel to the bonfire that will consume what little is left of Charley's and Rose's relationship, already on the rocks due to her arrogant infidelities, infidelities that I'm sure Charley knows lots more about now due to the work of his investigators. Well done, thank you, and bring on ch. 4!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What has happened?

I REALLY liked your old stories, especially the one about the writer who lived by a lake and the man hating woman, who he eventually married. You used to be a good writer, one with a solid story, now, I am not impressed. I read your stories, hoping that the author I liked will return, I'm still waiting. 2*

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 8 years ago
ok chapter...

I'm used to better from this author that I appreciate.

I'm looking forward Charley vs Bobby :-)

Some previous comments were quite pertinent.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 8 years ago
Agree with LeFrog88

This author usually does much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not your usual great work.

This one is average at best. I'm still reading hoping it gets better.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
charges

Bobby's actions at the vet clinic meet the legal definition of kidnapping, competent cops wouldn't miss that.

They LOVE to pile the charges on, that way even with a plea bargain the perp still gets hard time.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Damn Good Read*****

Great piece of writing I am really enjoying the read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Other than Nancy whom we really don't know.....

there isn't a decent or likeable character in this mess. Really disappointing work from this author. Even Charley has turned into not a nice guy and as we find out more it appears he's just another rich guy that's used to getting his own way, regardless of the means. And while Bobby may deserve what's coming to him the attitude that Charley can do anything to anyone and get away with it is not good. This is mediocre writing and really not fun to read. Both predictable and not really that good.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 8 years ago
too bad

Too bad faith didn't load baby boy's ass with phenobarbitol and save charley having to deal with his worthless ass. Rose Oughta disappear as well.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 8 years ago
Well...

This chapter would have fit better in Nonsexual (except I believe all chapters in a series should be in the ONE classification which best fits the main series-theme.)

Good writing, uncomfortable focus!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
This is a sex story, right?

We need people knocking boots. Get to it.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Bobby the psycho

Nice story so far. I'd think that Rose would have more savvy than hook up with Bobby the psycho- she's had a life of working deals, building a business, and reading people. Her inner dialogue seems not too for from Bobby's delusions, though- how'd she turn into a shrieking babbling mom so fast, while her daughter keeps all the brains? I don't know if the ladies at the vet clinic knew about Bobby's violent history, but they weren't ready for it. I foresee Bobby ending badly, of course, and I look forward to the next chapters.

Dubby49Dubby49about 8 years ago
How

is Lady Grey? I have a rescue dog with a rod in her leg. A motorcycle ran over her when she was a pup.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dahfuk Dubby!

WTF cares about a goddamned imaginary cat in a fiction story? Seriously? Are you the male counterpart of the proverbial crazy cat lady? Get out and get some human pussy.

So far a good, though predictable, story. We've read this patent formula a dozen times before.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago
Very Telling

Swingerjoe is exactly right. This story is dull and not all that well written, but of course it receives a load of five star ratings because it's the 'right' kind of story. And you can tell this by the anons who are threatening to hold their score until they see the ending, so they can go back and 1 bomb the entire story from start to finish if not enough violence or misery is heaped upon a fictional woman for her fictional affair.

They don't judge quality of writing or story telling, or even if a story is sexy or fun. They judge them purely as morality plays, and if the 'cheating whore' isn't sufficiently punished than everything about the story is garbage and shit and not worth their time. Conversely, literally any story by any illiterate fool who strings together a page of broken english and punctuation mistakes is 'the best story on this site in weeks!!!!' if at the end the husband murders his wife or has her gang raped by bums or the like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ah Yes FLC

Once again ranting from the rafters like a broken record. You sir are a Fucktard of the highest order.Totally monotonous rant on any story that does not have a husband slurping his wife's lovers leftovers like he would .Sorry q .Pretty good read Not your best but.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thanks Q

Always enjoyable reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Improving with every episode....

...I'm waiting for Charley to pop and commit a felony. Hat boy is wound pretty tight about now....and trouble comes like a gale......hard and fast.

I'm coming to like several characters more, as I get to know them better. Others....well, I'm like most folks...I like the heroes, hate the dirtbags and wish tundra justice was an option.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
that stirred things up a bit

especially the commenters. lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Timeline sucks..

In chapter one, you had Rose just over 40 with a daughter already leaving college. Chapter two, you have them not even getting married until 26 so that means Rose should at least be 47. You are too good to make these huge mistakes.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
the torches are lit

the pitchforks are raised

and the townspeople are about to storm the prison

Bebop3Bebop3over 6 years ago
Is it just me...

... or does the daughter seem pretty accepting of the fact that the mother had been cheating on her father?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Bebop3 02/01/18

They're all whores at heart.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Not

Not what I was expecting at all. But great none the less. Bobby is in real trouble now.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Nice

Glad Charlie is getting ready to unleash KARMA!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

I Hope That Charlie Lets That Scumbag Know The Meaning of the Word Pain

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
What to do about Bobby

Bury that son of a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why introduce the characte of Bobby? Of course to make the character of Rose look LESS horrible and to make a forced reconciliation look more possible. We are now going to blame Bobby for what he did to Faith and blissfully forget how many lovers did Rose cheated on her husband with and for how many years she did it. 10 years of cheating and lying is going to be forgiven. Bobby is a "psychopath" but Rose is not. Congratulations to the author on writing such a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Yessss! Let's focus on what a villainous pos Bobby is and forget how Eose cheated on her husband (who helped her become a successful career woman and supported her on every step she took) with 8 dudes over 10 years. Bobby is the baddie here, NOT Rose. She just couldn't resist from sleeping with a hot dude and then kept doing it over and over again. Poor lady.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Entitlement all around

Don't buy Faith being all hunky dory with her mom cheating on her dad. Though in this chapter the author presented Faith as a party girl much like her mother so I guess this is what you call slut solidarity. Also, this chapter was devoted to showcasing Bobby as a manipulative sociopath with a mind towards turning Rose into a victim. Smells to high heaven like the stink of reconciliation! Eight different lovers over ten years and Rose thinks she's entitled to reconciliation and forgiveness to go along with her cheating.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

What goes around comes around, piss Charlie off and kiss your ass goodbye.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Poor Bobby

His chickens have come home to roost. My 50th birthday is coming up, and I barely remember my name, so this is great all over again.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
SOME PEOPLES PAYBACK

is going to begin more sooner rather than a little while. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Been thru this series many times, along with the rest. I thank you constantly for your stories. I marvel at your ability to consistently assemble scattered words into a masterpiece but you do it time and again.

somewhere east of Omaha

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - violence of any kind is never acceptable in the LW category.

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Madeira1076Madeira107611 months ago

Good story.

Pet peeve, a lot of writers here have no clue about weapons. Automatic weapons are illegal unless you have a permit for automatic weapons. Most people can't get that permit. 99.9 % of hand guns are semi automatic, Not automatic.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Hey nixrox bless your heart.

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Uh-oh, spaghetti-o!

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

What about the cat? Is Lady Gray okay?

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories