All Comments on 'Strange Bedfellows Ch. 01'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
James_DuncanJames_Duncan11 months ago

Nicely done, although I would suggest that a Princess raised as a lone daughter would likely be a little more pragmatic about the circumstances and understand that Kalus was just as much a victim of circumstance as she was. That might make her more inclined towards making the "best" of it, as lets face it the alternative was properly horrible.

She would also likely be pretty familiar with the intrigue and possibilities within the politics of the situation and that maybe she could win Kalus over to her side..

However clearly it's your story and you should take it in whatever direction you feel is right.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Phenomenal work. I am fully invested! This is such a well developed story. I look forward to the rest!

nthusiasticnthusiastic11 months ago

Wow, Katia certainly lucked out although she has yet to fully appreciate how extraordinarily lucky she truly is, considering what the alternatives could have been. One might almost conclude that some Higher Power had predestined their union. Hmmm, imagine that. Kalus has good reason to hope for better relations between them as it will be difficult to maintain a grudge against such a courteous gentleman. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. Your usual 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me!

i__ii__i11 months ago

Really enjoyed this one! Very excited for the next chapter.

Fenris420Fenris42011 months ago

So well written. Patiently waiting for future chapters. 5/5* Fav

Richard1940Richard194011 months ago

Yet another very unusual plot line. Unlike |Ferri420 I'm waiting impatiently for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really enjoyed this but I'm incredibly frustrated by one thing: that's not what a hymen is or how it works. If it's some sort of barrier or film a little bit inside the vagina, how exactly do you think period blood comes out?

Horseman68Horseman6810 months ago

Excellent piece of writing. Bravos.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I dont understand how she seems to have no thoughts about the future of the kingdom or her own father. She is worried about her virtue and ability to marry, when if there is no kingdom then marriage is irrelevant.

202GE202GE10 months ago

Great story. Really like the characters and the struggle they deal with. 5 stars

To the anonymous below, the character certainly was worried about her father and future of the kingdom, which is why she was attempting to not give in to her feelings. Even if she was no longer a princess she would still be married one day and that is quite relevant.

NewtScamanderNewtScamander10 months ago

Brilliant if not a bit depressing but I’m hoping for an eventual happy ending. Thanks for sharing

740gordy740gordy9 months ago

Very well written, the brutal intricacies of the medieval period, compounded by a vicious, petty, arrogant King leave much to be desired. I only hope it gets better for Katie.

xyz123446xyz1234466 months ago

“ I dont understand how she seems to have no thoughts about the future of the kingdom or her own father. She is worried about her virtue and ability to marry, when if there is no kingdom then marriage is irrelevant”

She’s a patriot and not a romantic. As a patriot in a society like this her virtue is possibly even more important when her family is in exile and still making the de jure claim: whoever she marries will be next in line for their lands, they just need to reclaim it. So her father would just need to find someone with ambitions and more army than land and negotiate her marriage with them or their son.

Except that was just ruined and her religion now requires her to obey her husband and betray her family and kingdom. Well, her previous family and kingdom.

That said, Kalus is an interesting character and there is actually a bit of an opening here for her father. She calls him a “common soldier” but he is a knight and would normally be a noble (this varies); presumably she means he has no titles/land.

However there should be an extremely obvious “happy ending” possible with the pieces on the board right now: Kalus has the loyalty of his men, hates his king and has conflicting duties to his religion/king. Perhaps Shara did make the alliance her father needed…

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkey6 months ago

Katia/Shara as a character is incredibly flawed. I understand that she's a literal princess and has been coddled and protected from the realities of life but you go from showing her as an intelligent woman to a scared idiot, lashing out at her one protector. Even when the situation is spelled out for her she doesn't seem to grasp Kalus' position and the danger he has accepted as he accepted her, first as a gift and then as a wife. I can't honestly say that those kind of people don't exist in reality, because they do and I have multiple instances of meeting people like that first hand, but fuck they are annoyingly frustrating people.

I think that's why I didn't particularly enjoy reading this, it was just frustrating drama with no resolution. I'll probably read the other chapters as I want to know what happens but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES