All Comments on 'Substitute'

by DetectiveSpecialist

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Loved it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it....but

You are a wonderfully descriptive writer. You also do a wonderful job developing your characters. I loved you and Ricky immediately. You even did a great job with Jimmy, because although I liked him too, you made me mad at him when he couldn't handle your infertility. Here is my "but". I struggle with Jimmy's ability to accept the baby. If he couldn't deal with the infertility, then how does he deal with the fact that someone else was able to impregnate you? In the end, I suppose you could argue that he let you off the hook because the father of the baby was dead and he had to forgive him. Once again, you did a wonderful job with this story. Keep up the good work.

ForTheMemories2009ForTheMemories2009over 13 years ago
Great writing

Believable story plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you

Your story while not the usual kind of fare for this genre, definitely hit a chord. Please keep writing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Sweet and yet sad

Good story but a sad ending. I hope to see more of the author's work soon.

justaniceguy92804justaniceguy92804over 13 years ago
Thank You

I don't often read incest stories - your characters were caring people who actually had more than one dimension - thank you so much for taking the time to write this story.

Paul ReaganPaul Reaganover 13 years ago
Wonderful work!

A wonderful story, please keep up the excellent writing!

charlebignutscharlebignutsover 13 years ago

Excellent Story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Beautiful Story

Loved the story easy reading was sorry that Ricky died and would not be there for the birth and bringing up of his and Jennifer's child...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Poor Ending

Very good story until the silly/goofy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

So your idea of a happy ending is her loser of a husband moving back in and ricky being kicked to the curb

OleguyOleguyabout 11 years ago
Nice!

Did enjoy that. What a fortunate young man he was, until?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
incest

never and get your verbs correct

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Spun around like roulette wheel at conclusion by mega-twist !

I was thinking for most of this read, that the usual airs and graces that typically imbue your writing were not evident. Then suddenly what was cheap and blatent had gone into the mystic. To me, on some ineffable level, she knew they didn't have forever and what happened was all the barriers collapsing to show love in every possible way.

I have so enjoyed your other work. But this one is now my favorite. Thank you . I'm not sure what inspired this to come from you, but it cannot have been ordinary.

hawk200377hawk200377over 8 years ago
fucked up ending

That was a fucked up ending on 2 accounts 1 the kid dies after a week fucking the girl and 2 she finds out she is pregnant and moves her husband back in she turned out to be a slut all this just a few weeks after the funeral

hardheadd1hardheadd1over 7 years ago
5 stars

I so enjoyed this story that I gave you 5 stars which is something I very rarely do. Keep writing.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic Story

Well written with a heck of an ending. Keep up the good stories!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDetectiveSpecialist@DetectiveSpecialist
I have had many comments over the years about how my characters or story endings are flawed, but that's on purpose. After twenty years with a large police department, I've learned that people are flawed and are constantly acting in ways that defy logic. It is that illogical me...