All Comments on 'Tequila Shuffle'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 310 Comments
nitrotroutnitrotroutover 4 years ago
Just keep doing it

Love your writing and especially your characters and how you build the story around them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No words...

How you write is beyond simple words.

Thank you and the missus for sharing for free on Lit.

Please keep us in the loop on any book deal...have to buy, just wouldn't seem right if I didn't.

C

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Excellent

Really well-written. Thanks, so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Business as usual

Always a good day when a new Todd172 story appears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great

a great story by one of my favorite authors

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great to see you're still on form

Great story telling as usual and nice to see a decent LW story again here without all the too common cuck trash themes.

Really looking forward to seeing more Shack related, especially Needles and Delany, once they are out of the pipeline.

Gomez333Gomez333over 4 years ago
Great read as always

Nuff said, thanks for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4*s

Very funny. Interesting story. Some of the characters are a hoot, 🤣.

You really telegraph the wife and the conspiracy by the end of page 1. It still is entertaining enough to finish. Gave you 4*s.

Thank you for the story. Jesus (heyzeus) lives in our forest too. But we don't see👀

.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
solid

Perfect at the length it is, but there is plenty of room to flesh it out and turn it into something salable. 5*

fromindiafromindiaover 4 years ago
Welcome back even they dragged you.....

"Yeah, apparently she's had this sexual fantasy about being a detective for a long time. She even went out and bought some handcuffs and a fingerprint kit..."

"Stop. I really don't want to know."

But I really want to know Mann.....

AWESOME story. Don't forget us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

Love the depth of your characters. They are flawed but that is what makes the connection to them. Even before the end and read your post script I was wondering how Needles and Delaney would have fit into this story. Keep us posted on what you decide to do on that and when. Thanks again.

JayDiverJayDiverover 4 years ago
Seconded

One of the anonymous comments was: "Always a good day when a new Todd172 story appears. I'll second that. 5's

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you.

Absolutely brilliant! The stories and the writing always make my day.

Thank you.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was a good story, but the protagonist's personality didn't fit with a stockbroker earning $300k+. You don't get to that position without being aggressive and ambitious... and this guy was way too passive. Miguel basically led him by the hand through the entire thing, when any normal guy would be desperate to clear his name and find out who framed him.

Besides that, wouldn't he be looking at a huge compensation payout from the SEC? One of their agents was directly involved in a conspiracy to frame him, destroy his career, and get him falsely imprisoned... he'd be set for life after that compensation claim.

Skipping a confrontation with the ex-wife was disappointing too. He should have seen her a couple of years later when all the lawsuits were settled, then rubbed his success in her face and gloated at her being some bull-dyke's bitch.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Another excellent T172 Story

Well written humorous story.

Thanks

sloggersloggerover 4 years ago
Thank you!

Good stuff! Hope you can keep them coming!!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I didn't feel this deserved a 4.

This was top shelf shit! I gave it a 5 and was wishing there was a 6! You have really developed into a great story teller with a wonderfully wry sense of humor. This was just too damn good.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
I liked it

A lot. A really good story, and I'm always a sucker for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars.

Cool story, a little bit different but likable. Can't wait to read more about the Shack, Needles and Delaney, and Jinxy. Good luck to both of you. I absolutely know that you will be published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
At least as good usual..

Many thanks for a great story, what a talent.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 4 years ago
the master returns...

Saw a new Todd172story, dropped all work nonsense to read it. As always, well worth the effort.

Nobody can make you care so much about a protagonist on just a few pages. You, sir, are a master at storytelling.

Reminds of of the "Piano Man", though... man, what are you doin' here?

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 4 years ago
I LOVE your stuff!!!

I know you i have a lot in the pipe, but I think Joseph becoming a lay detective along with Miguel and the cousins sounds like the start of a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great change up!

I really liked this story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story!

I am sure that others, and me, would appreciate an expansion on some of these characters. Also, you've introduced some possible story threads that could be really interesting. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I get really nervous when one my favorite authors goes silent for a while

so this story was not just the usual delight but also a great relief. It’s all your fault for spoiling us with such high output of uniformly superb quality. I have my usual schizophrenic reaction to a new story universe. On the one hand, you aren’t feeding my addiction to the Shack or another existing line. On the other, you and the Missus have opened new possibilities of literary goodness.

To summarize, enjoyed the story, second previous comment re desirability of Kelsea themed prequel and send earnest supplications that you return to your previous insanely productive output.

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 4 years ago
Fun story

Good to hear from you again

rockthedogrockthedogover 4 years ago
Great story

One of many. thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
brilliant

thank you for writing, great story. please more Needles an Delaney, and if it goes as a novel, please let us know, it will be best seller.

delta bravo 52 alpha

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story.

Hope the novel happens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Always great characters in your stories

A fund story would be a Delaney adventure at Kurt's summer camp with Jinxy and maybe Danni.

texquilltexquillover 4 years ago
FUN STORY !!

Even though the story started off a little "funky", I decided to stick with it (I have faith in Todd and The Missus).

Sure 'nuff, it developed into another great tale that has just enough reality in it to keep me hooked.

Thanks for sharing another of your five-star efforts - and keep us posted as to your progress with the Needles and Delaney project.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Your usual 5 🌟 job

But I thought Jinxy was from Grosse Point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Grate reading a new story from you guys, I particularly appreciated the humous aspect (haven't seen a lot of that since SS06).

looking forward to your next postings , thanks again

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
I Smiled...

...as soon as I saw that Todd172 was involved in this writing extravaganza. Made my afternoon just a little better. The characters and the sidebar stuff made the story as the plot was pretty well laid out early. Hell, I'd have read it with no plot, just tell me stories about the cast of characters. Thanks.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 4 years ago
I’ve never said this before...

...but I wish this story was longer. A lot longer. The only 5 star rating I’ve given in years.

chastenchastenover 4 years ago
Loved it

Thanks, Todd.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
5 stars

You don't know fear until you marry a Hispanic woman. The guy is in for a rough ride. I know from experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it!

Actually laughed out loud a few times! Always a great read from Todd. And I would definitely buy a novel about Needles and Delaney!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FYI, Santa Ana winds

Santa Ana not Santa Anna.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Moving

Started a little slow, and then picked up a little speed to a fantastic finish. Some really good supporting characters made it a really good story. You laidback good one in there with Miquel. Bout what I would expect from you. Fun.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Well written

The story was told beautifully. You had me from the first few words. Now that I've started posting stories, I hope someday I can approach your level.

Thanks for sharing your talents. 5* all the way.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Thx

Thanks Todd & Missus for another great story! I love when you make me go to the Net for more info. ie; the shuffle, Kansas City Shuffle, fun stuff right there! Five Stars, and looking for more Shack stories.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Anti-Money Laundering And Account Scrutiny

Several things don't make sense to me from the story:

1. How was the money stolen. The story just mentions a brokerage account opened. Did it funnel money from other accounts? Btw, it would be almost impossible to move funds from one account into another. I owned a brokerage, and won't go into detail about why, but it would be nearly impossible. You would not only need compliance officers involved, but the bank as well. A bank actually holds brokerage funds. They would have to go along with moving funds from one subaccount to another. With the anti-money laundering policies brokerages and banks have to comply with that ain't happening. It doesn't matter that a brokerage wants to move funds from Account A to Account B, if they are not both owned by the same entity. They won't even move funds from a joint account partly owned by person A to an indivdual account jointed by person A, much less where the names and social security (or tax ID #'s) don't match. She would have had to be fucking a bunch of people at the bank that the broker/dealer has their account with. With all that fucking she would have made more money as an escort, if people were willing to do illegal shit like that for her pussy.

2. Why was Miguel working as a tomato picker as part of his investigation? He was already there before the MC showed up. Who was he tracking in that tomato field before the MC?

3. An FBI agent enlists all these civilians to investigate for him? Plus, all these people going into homes without search warrants and getting evidence is illegal. It's one thing if Miguel suggested it to the MC and he found the people on his own, it's another an FBI officer finding the people and telling them what to do. And they illegally obtain evidence that would taint the case.

4. An FBI officer leaves a drunk guy in the bushes overnight?

5. She got about a dozen people involved in her scheme. She didn't have one person she approached to do illegal shit that went to someone in compliance or management to tell them what she was asking them to do? Not to mention the anonymous tip line at FINRA (regulatory agency that typically handles these things and not the SEC). Her pussy had that much magic that she batted 100%?

6. Since 9/11 anti-money laundering is the biggest area brokerages worry about. Non-compliance in that area brings more fines and sanctions than any other. They bore into you that if you even suspect that something a client is doing is not kosher, you are to report it and it stays anonymous. Everyone dealing with brokerage accounts, from new accounts, brokers, compliance officers, have to take anti-money laundering compliance courses regularly, and they give dozens of examples how money laundering is done (and this would fall into that category). Money going to an overseas account would get automatic additonal scrutiny.

Usually this author is one of my favorites, but this story has a lot of holes and seemed like a rush job. Not one of the usual greats from this author.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
It's Rare...

to find an author so talented that you'd be disappointed if they produced a story that was just "very good". Thankfully, we're not there yet with Mr. 172.

Another excellent story. You're like a machine, sir. Please keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You!

Great story from my favorite LW writer. -Slowride_

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
As soon as I stop laughing

I'll write some comments about why I like this story so much....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

Took a while to get going, but it was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There is a God

Thank you, Lord. For this story and all the rest.

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 4 years ago
Great Story

Loved it. Great story development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great story! I knew I had to read it as soon as I saw the author. And the news that Needles and Delaney may become a novel just added frosting to the cake. Thank you and please keep writing as you guys can.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Excellent

Innovative story line that avoided the formulaic loving wife guidelines. Well written, with nice dialogue and plot development that keeps the reader tightly gripped right up to the ending. I loved it!

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Glad your back

Great story, would of liked more detail on the characters but this really worked..5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Appreciation

I always appreciate a tale with a complex story line, good character presentation and a believable plot line. The Long Con is always appealing, channeling an Oceans 11 Vibe. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Seriously, you and the wife should start writing novels or at least go to work for the Tom Clancy writing group. You write better than anybody they have. You should be getting paid for your combined talents.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Great stuff

Nice characters, you have here, really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
very enjoyable

Loved the story. Different from your usual, but very well executed. It read like a cpete story, solid plot with lots of humor sprinkled in. Thanks for posting it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Great story

Them sociopaths, huh? And the undercover FBI agent? Didn't see that coming!

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Really Entertaining Great Plot with Interesting Characters

This was so good I wished it was longer. A really good read, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks

I enjoy your work. Keep 'em coming.

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is awesome. :) Well done

Thanks for a really enjoyable read. From someone in the industry.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

I shed tears laughing to hard on every page no less. This is the best story with well placed humor I've read on L.

You're a Master, +6*. Hooyah, Salute!

green117green117over 4 years ago
I really liked this one...

My first impression was "humor?"... which means I was swamped by some of the more dire stuff going on... I was pleased to get my dial spun on that one.

Then, I was looking for the clown... not Tiffany, certainly - were you as admiring of Cindy as I was? I suspect independent, parallel generation due to the lead time for writing a story...

The realists and humanists in the crowd will hopefully applaud the lack of heroics on the part of the protagonist... but still he managed to BtB by simply surviving and finding family...

and here we are back at family - funny that. Doesn't bother me at all.

Green-something (not even close to honorary anything...)

ErocratErocratover 4 years ago
Great, I thought...

...a new Todd172 story. One of these things that makes you make time, you know? Getting all greedy and all. So I finished the story, which I loved (because you do that to me. I particularly love traumatizing chihuahuas, now) and was about to get one of them little bouts of depression of having to wait for however many months for the next, and then I read: "Don't forget kitchen surgery scene with Delaney".

Mind. Fucking. Blown.

I'll buy anything you publish - well, most anything. I tried that once before and they immediately tried to bankrupt me - but I'd love me a new story about Thugbunny, and a N&D book would be the icing on the cake and the cake and the bathtub full of corn syrup all in one. Hope you, the Missus and the rest of your family be in good health and in good spirits. Peace!

ohioohioover 4 years ago
Really great

Just a wonderful ride from beginning to end. Grim at first, full of twists, then you start to feel like there might be light at the end of the tunnel....

Plus Rosa and Miguel are each a total hoot, in entirely different ways. It was lots and lots of fun to read--thanks!

ohio

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
So great

Man, it is so good to have you back again. I can only read your entire folio so many times before wishing for something new. This one was new, and delightfully gentle and sweet.

Thank you, sir.

LwcbyLwcbyover 4 years ago
I really hope things settle down so you can write more...

I'm being self centered, but I absolutely love your stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really Good

That was one really good story. Five Stars.

Dr_BullDr_Bullover 4 years ago
Hello!

In a nut shell, WOW, as an avid reader of pulp fiction, a sad writer of short story porn and a browser/contributor to these pages... I bow to your brilliance. I truly enjoyed this story and look forward to reading your others.

Quite a story, the right amount of background with a twist.

Thanks for a Great Read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent writing!!

Thank you for this! This could post almost anywhere, and you have a great knack for fleshing out characters! Looking forward to reading more of your stories!!

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
So Good

to see you back. Another Great story. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing.

korba76korba76over 4 years ago
As always, ....

... a richly woven pattern of characters, circumstances, and outcomes.. Bravo!

Yes! Kelsea would be a deeply sympathetic character; a gamin with a streak of Jean-Valjean luck, and a plucky spirit that entrances all who meet her. I'll be waiting...

Five stars for this effort! I get confused with the characters at times, but it's pro'lly just me. I'm old...

!Buena suerte!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

simply the best author on the web,

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 4 years ago
I hate to be repetitive and redundant

But any day there’s a new Todd172 story is a good day.

I enjoyed it very much. I’m jealous that you and your wife write your stories together. That’s really great. Please keep up the good work, you deserve to be published. Your stories are kinda like Gregory McDonald’s Fletch stories, but with more guns. Please keep us posted!

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Chuckle

Awesome tale!!

A follow-up clown con shuffle assassin .... Hmmmmmm.....

sloggersloggerover 4 years ago
More!

I have loved your 'series' of stories, obviously some more than others. This is a great start and I really enjoyed the banter between Miguel and Jose. Please revisit this characters again. By the way, Rosa is over the top but we wouldn't have it any other way. Love it all!!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 4 years ago
Great read

My favorite was him not knowing you could drift a school bus........LMAO......

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 4 years ago
Great work!

Loved the complexity and range of the characters, and it was really nice misdirection as well. The denouement seemed a little rushed, and it was surprising that the issue of all the money the ex-wife took from him in the divorce wasn't addressed, as well as any kind of SEC reward and/or compensation for his false imprisonment.

I thought about it quite a bit, and I rather liked that you kept the ex-wife as essentially a cipher in the story, with no real interaction or development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The usual

Your usual excellent style of storytelling. No wonder I eagerly look forward to your next offering.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
there are never enough

of your storries

you're still one of the best writers here, Todd

5 starrs.....and some more

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
praise

You guys write good stories. Don't know that how to give higher praise than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Soooo Good

5*****. the characters are alive. This is why I always read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was fun

Thank you

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 4 years ago
Great story

5 stars, my only issue was what happened to his half of his assets from his marriage?

Loved the story, the characters were as interesting as the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wishful thinking?

Story is set in California. Alienation of affection is not grounds for a lawsuit in the state! Only referenced by lazy assholes and kept alive by other lazy assholes. Otherwise the story was great with color and great visuals plus a couple of plot twists. But ruined by the A of A mention!

R.

HillfrogHillfrogover 4 years ago
I'd rate Needles & Delaney on Amazon...

... n'probably give it five stars and the review version of a long, slow, sloppy blowjob too. I'd even pay for the privilege. So let us know, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Welcome fucking back!!!

5 stars for another masterpiece!!!

Redo1984Redo1984over 4 years ago
Well alright!

My favorite of the burning down the house stories.

“Hold tight and wait till the party’s over!” 🎶

🤘

666iceman666icemanover 4 years ago
Thank You

A really enjoyable tale and fun to read, enough mystery and it comes together as a real and true life experience, one that any unfortunate person could find themselves in.

So thank you for writing this and for Randi who encouraged you to put pen to paper, so to speak. 5+ stars. Iceman

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Just your usual standard.

...at the top of the game.

Great story, great characters and great outcome.

Hey-Zues, I wish I could write like that... If I could, maybe I wouldn't ramble on so much in the comment section.

Another 5, and look forward to you getting back into the swing of writing... help balance out the veritable avalanche of 2-star cuck crap that has been filling the new stories spot.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Really good one!

But then I always enjoy your writing! Glad you have returned.

rnebularrnebularover 4 years ago
Hilarious troupe, loved it

The cast here was perfect, thank you for a very entertaining read! Thank the missus as well, and good luck getting the longer work published. I would buy it :)

Thanks,

Rnebular

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
A crazy, funny story

How depressing is it to find the woman you love hates you? What about going from being a stockbroker to itinerant farm worker? Talk about living in two different worlds. The whole relationship between Miguel and Joseph is what makes the story work. A really great read.

BillyName99BillyName99over 4 years ago
God Dammit!

Holy Shit Tod!

You knocked it out of the park! Again!

You need to write a complete Novel. You're that good.

Looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks!

You two seem to be “real” people, and I mean that as a compliment. ***** stars for you both, and the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not porn

You are a talented writer. Great story and compelling characters. I can't believe you're doing this for free.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Great story

At one point I was pissed reading this,figuring the main character was going to end up the loser,some people have written stories like that,was glad it ended up sort of well for him. I also kind of liked that the main character doesn't want back to the high life.If he wanted to he would have grounds to sue the shit out of his old firm for wrongful termination and also that their lack of controls led directly to what happened to him,he also could sue the SEC bc they not only charged him wrongly,didn't investigate thoroughly,but also because a corrupt SEC investigator was involved. About the only thing to make it better would be to hear that the SEC guy was sent to a really rough prison,not club fed, and the ex wife ended up in someplace worse.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
You never cease to amaze me

Once again, you weave a tale of intrigue and excellent characters with a story that grabs you from the start and holds you to the end.

5/5

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Ok it is a fantasy story

@johnadp is correct, the way trading firms operate today the ex Wife's plot would be near impossible,even a small boutique brokerage has all kinds of checks and balances to prevent this kind of thing,between systems that look at the audit trail of transactions looking for patterns to outside auditing requirements,to the red flags moving money from internal accounts at a bank to a bank offshore would cause all kinds of things. employees in financial firms often are required that their personal accounts outside the firm send a copy of all transactions to internal compliance,and w so much trading being done cross boarders very little can be hidden. On the other hand the industry is famous for the next new scam,the next new con,people in the industry are always looking for that gray area to exploit,so maybe a psycho brilliant bitch could do it (my bet is Bitcoin and the other crypto currencies are gonna be the next mess,they are already trading futures on them and given these currencies are only a product of cyberspace.....)

Then again to me it doesn't matter,the story really is about a man gaining redemption,not because he was a bad person,but because he couldn't see what was real and was destroyed because of that,that money and success were fake.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 4 years ago
Todd rolls with humor

Always nice to see that.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 4 years ago
⁵*

I always enjoy your stories but this one captivated me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...