All Comments on 'The 750 Word Project 2024 - Coming Soon'

by Literotica

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
avidreader123avidreader1233 months ago

Has anyone written a 750 word story for the Novel category? I was just wondering how hard it would be to pack a story that felt like it belonged in Novels into 750 words. :) Or a multi-part story where ever chapter is 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@avidreader123 - It's just my personal opinion, but I think it would be inappropriate to put a stand alone 750 word story in that category.

-

It would be a "novel" approach to post a series of 750 word chapters, but I wouldn't recommend it as I think it would kill the overall flow and the story would suffer. It's just not natural for each chapter to have even close to the same number of words. That said, if it looks good, I'd probably at least try reading it.

-

Probably the best way to get a 750 Word Project entry in that category would be to write a 750 prologue and then follow up with normal sized chapters. I still think that's kind of cheating, as you aren't telling a full story. The only exception I see would be if you told a tale from "history" that was complete as the 750 word prologue before launching into the main story in a later time period.

-

That said, I'm curious what others think as well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
Hello world! The 2024 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challenge-list-2024-updated-jan-23.1601234/ The 2024 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-orga...