The Boss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hang in there, Chuck," I said. "I have a feeling things are gonna come to a head with John before long. I don't want to give you false hope, but if there's any way possible, I'll see if I can get you back on board."

"Thanks," Chuck said. "There's no way I'll work anywhere near that son of a bitch, though."

"I hear that," I said, dropping the subject. We finished our lunch and headed our separate ways.

"Stay in touch," I said before leaving the parking lot.

I headed home to grab some sleep before coming into work. Little did I know what I would learn that morning...

Chapter 5 – Planning the Op

After getting over the initial shock of that video, I decided it was time to end John's reign of terror. Based on what I had seen so far, the marriage was clearly over as far as I was concerned. After all, why didn't Wendy tell me what was going on the way Chuck's wife did? Did John have that much of a hold on her? Did she really like what he was doing?

It didn't matter, though. All that mattered was revenge and putting John's dick in the dirt.

I did some checking and found that John was a creature of habit. Every week, he worked from home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Then I recalled Sandy, his wife, saying she worked three days a week as well. I was beginning to see a pattern here. From what I could tell, John would wait until his wife had gone to work, then watched his Skype to see when I was online. After reassuring himself that I was at work, he would go to my house, do the dirty deed with my wife and get home before his wife.

Granted, this was based on a bit of circumstantial evidence, but it fit everything I saw these last two months.

If I was right, he would work from home today as well, coming into the office on Tuesday, which didn't leave me with a lot of time. I needed help from two allies to pull off what I wanted to do.

I decided to speak with Ryan as soon as possible, but I also needed to get in touch with Angela. I wasn't 100 percent certain if she would go along with my idea, but I had to approach her and hope she wouldn't rat me out.

Then there was the matter of my wife. I still loved her, but that was turning into hate. How could she do this to us? After all we'd been through these last 15 years...

One step at a time, though.

By now it was 5:30 and I needed to reach out to Ryan and Angela. Ryan normally came in about 7:00 and Angela was usually in by 6:30. I sent Angela an email:

"Angela, extremely important I speak with you as soon as you get in. Thanks, Bill."

After hitting send, I called Ryan at home. I hated doing that, but I figured he was probably up getting ready for work.

"What's up, Bill? Something go down?" he asked.

"Yeah, you could say that," I said. "It's very personal and it involves John and my wife. I really need to see you as soon as possible."

"Holy crap," he said. "I'll be in as soon as I can and we can talk."

"Thanks, Ryan, I'll see you when you get here."

At 6:32, Angela came to my desk.

"What's up?" she asked. "Your email said it was urgent."

"Yeah," I said, "it is. Listen, I have a really big favor to ask and if you decide to say no, I'll understand. All I ask is that you keep it to yourself."

"Hey," she said, "you've covered for me more than once, so I think I owe you one."

"Thanks," I said. I then told her what I saw and what I planned to do. She fell into the chair at the side of my desk in shock.

"Oh. My. God," she said, here eyes wide. "Listen, you got it – anything you need and mum's the word. I suspected something was up with John but I just couldn't put my finger on it."

She went on to tell me how he had come on to her – nothing major, but it was enough to keep her on her toes.

"When are you going to do this?" she asked.

"Wednesday morning," I said. "So you'll need to be here about 11:45 Tuesday night. Are you up for it?"

"Hell, yes," she said without hesitation.

"Thanks again," I said. "Until then, it's important to act like nothing's changed. Got it?"

"Absolutely," she said.

"Great, I owe you big time," I said. "I'll be talking with Ryan in a bit. He knows what happened, so if everything goes right, John will be outta here by this time Wednesday."

She smiled and patted me on the arm.

"Good luck, and call me if you need anything," she said.

"Will do, boss," I jokingly said, referring to her status as team lead – a position John gave her after putting me on the graveyard shift.

By then, Ryan showed up and motioned for me to meet him in his office. I grabbed my laptop with the incriminating evidence and followed him inside, closing the door.

"Thanks for coming in and seeing me like this, Ryan."

"No problem," he said. "So what's this evidence you have?"

I explained what had transpired over the last two months and then showed him the worst part of the video I saw that morning.

"Dammit," he said, not hiding his anger. "His ass will be fired today."

"I've got a better idea," I said.

"What's that?" he asked.

I laid out my plan to him, and suggested he join me so he could fire John to his face while acting as a witness at the same time. He smiled as I laid it out.

"Remind me to never piss you off," he finally said. "Absolutely, I'll do it. I'll be at your place by 10 pm Tuesday night."

"Thanks, boss, I appreciate it more than you know."

"My pleasure, Bill. When this is over, I think you'll get that promotion after all. It should've been yours to start with," he said.

"One last thing, if I may," I said.

"What's that?" Ryan asked. I told him about my meeting with Chuck and passed on what he told me.

"Poor bastard," Ryan said. "What's your idea?"

"I think at the very least, Chuck should get his old job back, maybe even with a raise as compensation for what John did," I said.

Ryan thought for a minute before responding.

"I think that's the least we owe him. I'm surprised he hasn't sued the company before now. Maybe John's threat really affected him," he said.

"Thanks," I said. "It'll mean a lot to him as well."

"See ya Tuesday night," he said.

Chapter 6 – Confronting Wendy

My meetings with Ryan and Angela gave me hope but the worst part of all this was yet to come – confronting the woman I had been in love with for years. I wasn't sure how she would react after seeing the evidence but a part of me really didn't care.

I called her as I always do, letting her know my shift was up and I'd be home as usual. I tried to sound like nothing was wrong, but apparently I failed.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Oops.

"Yeah, just a long shift," I said.

"Okay, see you soon," she said. "Love you."

"Love you, too," I said, hoping I sounded sincere.

The next call was to her mother, and I wasn't looking forward to it.

"Hi, Mom," I said when she answered.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Wendy's going to have to stay with you for a little while," I told her.

"What?" she asked. "Why? Did you guys have a fight or something?"

"Not yet," I said. I then told her everything I knew up to that point.

"That's not my girl," she said. "She'd never do something like that. This has to be a misunderstanding."

"The video is pretty clear," I said.

"You have video? Oh my God," she said.

"Wendy doesn't know that I know yet," I told her. "But she will after I get home, and there's no way she can stay, at least not till this gets ironed out."

"Is there any way this can be fixed?" she asked.

"As of right now, I don't think so. I don't know. What I do know is that she needs to be out of the house for a bit for her own safety and for me to get this all figured out," I told her. I also informed her that I had a plan to deal with John and that it would be best if she wasn't there.

"And whatever you do, don't call Wendy and don't give her any information," I added.

"Okay," she said. "I won't say anything. I'm so sorry this is happening."

"Thanks." I said.

That drive home seemed like the longest drive in my life. I finally got home, put my laptop on the table and warmed up my coffee. Wendy was in one of the two recliners facing our television and offered a weak "hi." I didn't respond, not even a cursory "hello."

"What's wrong?" she asked. She could always tell when something was bothering me.

"We have to talk and then you need to pack a few things," I told her.

"What?" she asked. "Why?"

By then, my laptop had booted up so I brought up the video.

"Come here. I have something to show you I think you might find interesting," I said. She got up slowly and walked to my laptop. There, on the screen was a video clip of her getting screwed by John.

Her hands flew to her mouth and she let out a wail.

"Oh my God, no," she cried, the tears falling freely down her face. "Please," she said. "It's not what you think."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "That's not really you and my boss getting it on in our bed? Give me a break. How fucking stupid do you think I am? Do you really think so little of me that you can cheat on me in our bed and tell me it isn't what it is?"

"You don't understand," she began.

"Oh yeah, I understand just fine. How long did you think you could do this behind my back?"

"Please," she cried, her face red from crying.

"By the way, I've suspected something for quite some time," I added, showing her the receipt I found under her bed nearly a month ago.

"Please, she begged, "I'll do anything, just don't throw me away. I love you and only want you."

"Yeah, I can really tell you want me so damn bad you decided to screw my asshole boss."

"Dammit, he was threatening me," she cried between sobs.

"Really? I don't see a knife or a gun. How was he threatening you?"

"He threatened to hurt us both real bad if I ever said anything. Please believe me. I'll do anything to make this up to you. Please, I'm begging you."

"Anything?" I asked.

"Oh God, yes, I'll do whatever you want, no questions asked. Just make it stop and turn that damn video off."

I turned the video off and considered what she said. I remembered Chuck telling me something very similar – that John had threatened his wife as well. Still, I had to get her out of the house for my own peace of mind and now, it would seem, for her own safety.

"Alright," I said, prompting her to wrap her arms around my neck. I pulled her off of me to let her know this wasn't over.

"Here's what's going to happen. You're going to do exactly – and I do mean EXACTLY – what I say without question or else we're through. Got it?"

"Yes," she sobbed.

"Does he email or Facebook you?" I asked.

"He emails me right before he comes over. He's never reached out to me on Facebook. I usually respond and delete both his email and my response."

That would explain the empty folders. Fine time to start listening to my advise.

"Okay. Do not give him any reason to believe that I know what he's doing. Respond just like you always do, and don't delete anything. It could be evidence AND I'll be monitoring your email. Same with Facebook. Any deviation from that and we're done. Understand?"

"Yes, yes," she said.

"When does he come over? Does he have a regular schedule?"

"He always comes over on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and always in the early morning after you're at work," she told me, confirming what I thought before.

"How long has this shit been going on?"

"About two months, I guess, ever since the picnic."

"What, were you just going to let him basically rape you three days a week for the rest of your life? You're really not that stupid are you? How long were you going to put up with it?"

"I don't know," she sobbed.

"Does he know what you drive or where your mother lives?"

"No," she said.

"Good," I told her. "You're going to grab enough stuff to hold you over for a few days and you're going to your mother's. She already knows and is expecting you," I told her, causing yet another round of crying. "Please, what did you expect?" I asked rather sarcastically.

"Why do I have to go?" she asked.

"Two reasons," I said. "First, my trust level has taken a huge hit. What would you do if you saw video of me screwing some other woman? Hmm?"

"You're right, I'd be livid and you'd be out on your ass."

"Bingo," I said. "Second, if this guy is as psycho as I suspect, you're not safe here until he's either dead or in custody. If what you're telling me is right, he has no problem breaking the law."

"Okay, that makes sense," she said quietly.

"We're not done," I said. "I want you to write out the whole story for me – leave nothing out. I want to know when and how all this started. I want details, all of them, and I want to see it in my inbox by midnight Tuesday night. That's about the time he'll be back. No email, no explanation, no contrition, no marriage. It's that simple."

"What?" she said, tears flowing down her already red face.

"You heard me. If I don't see it, there'll be no going back, no passing go and definitely no $200. I'll visit a divorce attorney Wednesday morning and get things rolling. So the ball's in your court. Got it?"

"Got it," she said, looking at the floor. "You're right, I wouldn't give you anywhere near this much of a chance to redeem yourself. Please know that I love you and only you and remember that he came after me, not the other way around."

"Maybe," I said. "But you had lots of opportunity to tell him to stick it up his ass and tell me. Together we could have kicked this slime-ball's ass into the middle of next week. Now we're divided and I have to deal with him while wondering in the back of my mind whether or not I can trust you."

"I'm sorry, but I was so scared that he would hurt you and I couldn't live with that."

"I was in the Marines, for crying out loud. If he had come after us like that, he'd be feeling some pain, believe me. And then he'd get what's left of his sorry ass tossed in jail.

"Look," I said, "just get your stuff packed and get over to your mom's. The less you know about what I'm going to do the better. Get your head screwed on right and focus on your email to me. After I deal with shithead we'll talk some more, but I can't make any promises. What I saw ripped my heart out. You might as well have put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger. That would've been quicker and more merciful. Now get to it.

"One last thing," I said. "Don't call me. I'll call you – after I read your explanation. Understand?"

More tears. More sobs. More apologies. I was tired of them. Yeah, I still loved her, but I had to focus and I couldn't do it with her crying oceans of tears. Dammit, if she had only trusted me enough to confide in me.

"Yes," she quietly said as she went into the bedroom to gather her things.

Before she walked out the door, she turned back to me. "I love you so much," she said through her tears.

"Okay," I said. "I'll be looking for your email. And no calls. Period. Remember, our marriage is now in your hands."

"Okay," she quietly said, reminding me of the shy girl I first met so many years ago.

She closed the door and I watched her drive away. Dammit, I needed a cigarette...

Chapter 7 – Calm Before the Storm

She was gone so I decided to digest everything I possibly could, going over my plan for John.

Then it hit me. This all started with the Fourth of July picnic. In a park full of cameras. Cameras with servers our company helped install. That was it. I called Ryan's cell and he answered right away.

"Hey, Bill, how's things going?"

"Rough, but I'm toughing it out, thanks. Listen, do you still have contacts down at Parks and Recreation?"

"Yeah, why? Does it have something to do with the camera system?"

"I think I might be able to get a key piece of evidence from video taken during the July 4th picnic. It seems that's when all this started. Think you might be able to get video from that?"

"Hmmm, not sure, but I can certainly ask. I know a few folks down there who owe me a favor or ten. I take it you want this as soon as possible."

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks a bunch!"

"You got it and I'll see ya in the morning."

"Thanks, Ryan, bye."

Things were calmer for the rest of the day and I went to as usual that night, acting as though nothing happened. John came into his office the next morning as usual, shortly before I signed off. He said nothing to me, but something about his body language bothered me. It was almost as if he was watching me...

After my shift, I called his home, hoping to speak to his wife. She answered after a couple of rings.

"Mrs. Brown?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"I don't know if you remember me, but we met at the July 4th picnic. I work for your husband, John."

"Oh, yes, Bill, I remember. What can I do for you?"

"Well," I said, I need to talk to you about your husband and my wife."

"What?" she asked, sounding shocked.

"Can I come over and show you what I have?"

"Sure," she said, giving me her address.

"Thanks, I'll be there shortly, and please, not a word to John, okay?"

She agreed and I made the trip as fast as I could. When I pulled in, she met me at the door and ushered me inside.

"I trust you have ironclad proof," she began.

"Yes," I said, opening my laptop. "How about video?"

"Oh my god," she said. "I've suspected something for quite a while but could never get any proof."

Her eyes grew wide as I played the video of her husband pounding my wife. She looked madder than a wet hen when I shut it down.

"I'm going to kill that sonofabitch," she said, crying.

Sandy remained quiet and nodded periodically as I explained what I intended to do. Then she looked at me and asked what I wanted from her.

"You mean, revenge sex?" I asked. She nodded. "No, I don't want that. I think that he's been blackmailing my wife all this time and she was simply too scared to tell me. John can be a bit intimidating at times."

"I know," she answered.

"So what I need from you is to act like nothing's wrong," I said. "Go about your business like you normally do.

"If this works, John may find himself in jail, and I have every reason to believe he'll be fired. I'll give you a copy of the video in case you want to divorce him."

"Please do," she said. I copied the video to a flash drive and handed it over to her.

I had left Sandy's home and was on my way home when I got a call from Ryan. He was able to pull some strings and got video from the summer picnic. And, he said, it looks like there was evidence that John had doctored Wendy's drink.

"Can you get over to the P&R office this morning?" Ryan asked.

"Sure," I said. "I'll head over there right now."

"Great," Ryan said. "I'll meet you there."

I got to P&R and met Ryan in the vestibule. We made our way back to the video vault where he and a P&R worker had the video already queued to the right spot.

The P&R worker zoomed in on John and hit play. Sure enough, he could be seen putting something in Wendy's drink. We watched as Wendy took a few sips before heading to the rest room. It was then we saw her stumble and John guided her to the facility. She went in the women's room as he waited outside for a few minutes, looking around. Then he ducked inside the women's room.

He came out some time later and it was several minutes before Wendy came out, holding her head in obvious pain.

"Is that enough video?" Ryan asked. I nodded in the affirmative and asked the P&R worker if he could snip that part of the video leaving the timestamp? He assured me he could and burned me a DVD. I thanked him and Ryan and headed out.

Wendy's story panned out so far, and it became even more clear to me that John had to pay – dearly.

Chapter 8 – Showtime

I was up earlier than normal that Tuesday night. I had a lot of preparation before John came over for what he thought would be his usual Wednesday morning tryst with my wife. Ryan showed up about 10:00 and we discussed the 'operation' over coffee.