All Comments on 'The Day the Earth Stood Nude'

by MatthewVett

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
psychoticflyingmonkeypsychoticflyingmonkeyalmost 13 years ago

MOOOOOAAR!

please.

I really want to read what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The Culture

Your "aliens" remind me greatly of The Culture in Iain M Banks' books. If you don't mind hard Science Fiction with a little bit of sexuality, his novels are a fantastically good read.

MatthewVettMatthewVettalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Author Here

I've heard of the Culture series, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to give it a try, I think. Mostly I based it on what they reveal in The Day the Earth Stood Still, plus what I figure you'd actually need to get it to work. I definitely want to explore more of this in future stories if it's well received.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Inspiring read

First of all I am a sci-fi fan. It reminded me of Heinlein and "The Harrad Experiment" by Robert Rimmer. Ama, aliens and Ester had it right. We became nudists and raised our family that way. Once the cloths are gone so is status, the great equalizer. This is who I am as a human. For better or worse a sexual creature.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I am a big fan of the Day the Earth Stood Still and how you used that movie / story background to develop yours was absolutely great ! I would hope you would right another chapter of this length, that now shows where the Captain & 109 go from here along with Esther, Michael and the rest of that class.

It was erotic, hot and arousing. I think they need more research in how humans handle sex and the how to do it's; so Maria can collect more data.

Please write more for us. Thank you.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 13 years ago
More Please

A nice read, interesting without going off the deep end. I hope there is more to the story.

Thanks for you hard work, I will have to check out your other postings.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not too shabby!

I don't read much erotic literature (light or otherwise), but as erotic stories go, this one held my attention from beginning to end! Nice job Matthew =) I look forward to reading more of your work!

-L-

AlwaysHungryAlwaysHungryalmost 13 years ago
Goofy, but nice.

It was outlandish and seemed always to be verging on actual parody, but not arriving there. However, it was well written. I can get interested in just about anything if the writer is fluent in English, as you are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Brill space Brill

This Is The Smile Story. Well conceived and written. Even if a little plagiarized. The touch of finite Art in Nude Day. Stories. Human Existence. If you had taken the characters thru Luv making then re-clothed, no matter the vote you (would) have produced a top class winner. Short story. I would be very cautious about going further with the characters. It would be easy to spoil this achievement. I did think of a pregnant return or a New interstellar bred child returning to bring care into humanudity. At the same time exploring the issue of oral pregnancy and vaginal safe joy. But that's another story. This also links wonderfully with what I thought was the best 'Trek of all. First Contact. Well done is not enough. SciFi Sex and Human Kind lover. Ex Student Editor. Ps As hopefully obvious to all the ramifications and revelations of that 30 minutes are globally stupendous. A book could not cover it. Not even the religo-politique.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved it

It was a wonderfully written story. My favorite so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow!

This story is fantastic!

It's full of elements I would use if I were to write erotic or nudist fiction. Well... I guess I would never do it, just because I think writing an involving story is really hard to me. It would look like a bunch of fantasies thrown together.

That's why I enjoyed so much reading about it. It is as if my own fantasies came to "life" in your story (or... came to words?). I love how your main character is more attracted to "cute, nude and cheerful" girls than "hot, sexy and provocative" ones (just like me). I would love to find a cute girl that is so open about nudity like Esther.

More weird coincidences: I'm from Brazil, I speak and support Esperanto, and I would like to live in a nude world. Too bad Brazilians are not as open to nudity as it would seem.

But I wished people in your story would stay naked longer, and we, the readers, could see them getting used to it little by little (with a lot of embarassing moments during the first days).

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 12 years agoAuthor
Author Here

I wish I could contact the previous poster. Your comment really made my day. Please feel free to send me a private message and we can chat. And really, that applies to anyone. I love chatting with people about stories and writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

OK! I'll send you a private message!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Adult sci/fi

I really like scifi and nude stories like the nude in school serie.

This is very good writen. If you would write a longer version of it, then very likely it would become hit. I really hope you have written more stories like this or that you inspired more writers.

centauri4centauri4about 12 years ago
Excellent world-wide what if?...

In this story I think you really used the alien's actions effectively! Why not make everyone nude and see how we would be disarmed? This would effect not only students in schools but Officers in uniform, military personnel and diplomats sitting in negotiations. I like the way you thought of people in intemperate environments, but surgeons and their assistants in surgery might need to be considered also.

I think this story could also be written with people having their ethnic backgrounds changed (i.e. Caucasians become African, Asians become Latino and African-Americans become Caucasian, or something like this... A complete flip-flop! How about men becoming women and vice versa?!? Whoa!). In any case I think it is a very imaginative work even if the idea was derived from a wonderful old movie! The Day The Earth Stood Still is an awesome work of fiction and should be watched by anyone open to the concepts of science fiction.

NentyNentyover 11 years ago
Good start

This story really has potential - tell us more about the interactions of the main characters and also the rest of the world. How about a repeat nude DAY and then WEEK until the earthlings get it! This is too good an idea to let it drop - please make it a LONG story - say 100 chapters - you have enough material.

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 11 years agoAuthor
Author Here

@Nenty, I think 100 chapters is a little much for me... I've been tempted to revisit the story since I wrote it, but, I don't know... It feels good the way it is, and I'm worried about messing things up. If I do continue it, though, I do already know a few things that would happen characterwise. No idea what the next event would be, though.

sleeplessgurlsleeplessgurlover 11 years ago
You must write more of this story!

This was merely an introduction, a tease. Fantastic tease, but still - there's so much more story to tell.

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 11 years agoAuthor
Author Here

@sleepless, I think I will continue it. We'll see how it goes...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing Story

This was a great beginning and I desperately hope you continue the story. It was so much better than a "quickie" story. Please keep writing.

agamottoagamottoabout 10 years ago

A very well done story, and I would love to see how the rest of the mission plays out.

One note of concern though, a hyper intelligent ship, should by all means realize that (whether reasonable or not) nudity is, in general, a transgression of the law. How did this rather simple piece of research go unnoticed? Or was it just poetic licence so as to reinforce 109's apparent naivety? I can understand if it is the latter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More!!!!

This was a very well-done piece of literature. I do believe you should write more!!!

RoseNostagia88RoseNostagia88almost 8 years ago
109 is my favorite robot!

I love it! 109 is my favorite character in the story! She made me giggle. Thank you so much for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!

I simply adore this take on one of my favorite sci-fi films. But what of "Klattu boratus nicto?" That would really seal the story!

YOMEYO

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Facinating

I hope to see additions to this. You got a good imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What comes next

You need to continue this story.

permanaturalpermanaturalalmost 6 years ago

Considering this was posted 5 years ago, I'm not expecting anything, but I do think it'd be cool if it continued. Much better plot IMO, even it is a parody.

LupusDeiLupusDeiabout 4 years ago

Half hour is not enough. I once read about supposedly completely real and respectable research in which it was stated that the mean time for people to accept own nudity as normal to the point of forgetting about it is under forty minutes, but it was for a newcomer in a room full of already naked people who behaved like it was perfectly normal.

For such a forceful one time prank to settle down through resignation to acceptance, at least two hours might be necessary. In with time all attempts to cover up should be denied, other clothes put on destroyed all drapes tried as covers etc. Then, I would not have restored destroyed clothes, just passively allowed new ones to be used after a cooldown time, then repeated the whole thing at random times approximately weekly.

Then, perhaps even hotter scenario would be to repeat short nudity sessions with clothing restored afterwards (including however many layers if someone try to dress repeatedly during, lol), let's say, starting with a random duration event of 30 +/-10 on a random timer every 36 +/-12 hours (so next 20 to 40 minute event is anytime with the day after the previous) and then gradually decrease frequency and frequency error each cycle while increasing duration and duration error. So after few months of this it is something more like 90 +/-30 minutes of forced nudity every 9 +/-6 hours what gives one to two hours of nudity one to four times a day and only guarantees 3 hours of lasting time for the reappeared clothing between nudity events. I doubt many would bother with superficial clothing in such conditions. Significant uniforms and protective suits may retain details or just turn mostly transparent.

Or better yet, randomize nudity events per person. So next event starts almost, but not quite simultaneously for everyone, but ends gradually, some getting covered few minutes before the last. Then next event starts gradually, first cases of nudity as much as five minutes before the last clothes are gone, and ends even more slowly, perhaps as long as 12 minutes. And next staggered even more, and then it falls out sync completely, random people are forced to be naked at random times for random durations, so anyone currently nude voluntary can safely claim that clothes will just disappear anyway if they attempted to dress and thus any anti-nudity laws and sentiments simply becomes meaningless.

TIGERWOLFSTORMTIGERWOLFSTORMover 3 years ago

will there be more ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story needs to be explored further beyond a simple college erotic romance.

I agree with Lupus Dei that further programmed or randomized nude events are necessary to have a long term effect if that is what the aliens were intending to change mankind into a more tolerant galactic species. A different starting point would be people in the halls of power, politicians, religious leaders and diplomatic conferences, scientists attempting to research the phenomena etc. The breakdown of current attitudes and new social norms would be interesting to develop. Eventually mankind would adapt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The Day the Earth Plagiarized...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous